[Merged] Think "Mounts" outside the box!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Banewrath.5107

Banewrath.5107

You are pushing down possibly good suggestions with more mount threads.

Some of us think mounts are good suggestion. You don`t see me naysaying anything you support do you?

Emphasis on some. The majority of GW2 players could not give a toss about mounts or how other MMOs are somehow uber-amazing because they have sparkly flying unicorns for $18 each.

I`ll bet there are more people interested in them then you think. The amount of people that play versus people that frequent and post in the forums is probably quite large.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

How many people are going around LA with the broom or the drill? Not very many.

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

How many people are going around LA with the broom or the drill? Not very many.

I don`t think you see many brooms because that item seems to me like it is aimed for young girls. I`m not really sure how many girls under the age of 16 play but I would guess that would be the age range that would want something like that. Most of the females I have met ingame and in my guild are married women. they would buy a pretty dress before they got a broom.

I never saw the drill. But my guess is because it really has no point that people won`t spend money on it. Something like that seems to aimed at the 16 and under boy players. I imagine a lot of male teens play but 80% of the people I know are adults in their 30`s and 40`s like myself. I wouldn`t buy a broom or a drill because I think it`s kind of cheesey. But a functional mount is something myself and a lot of friends I know would be interested in. I realize arenanet makes a lot cheesey items for impulse buys from a younger audience. But us older players take a bit more coaxing and it has to be something good to get us to spend.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

Some of us think mounts are good suggestion. You don`t see me naysaying anything you support do you?

Emphasis on some. The majority of GW2 players could not give a toss about mounts or how other MMOs are somehow uber-amazing because they have sparkly flying unicorns for $18 each.

You speak on behalf of the Majority? In this topic, likely, there are fewer than even 30 different people. Dramatic part of majority does not come to the forum at all.

I stopped to write on this forum for a long time, because suggestions ??drowning in the streams troling and, sorry, stupidest comments in type of “your idea is kitten, because my idea in the next topic seems to me much better and it must be implement before yours, and devs should not waste time on yours”

Therefore it is better to end bickering about what topic has no place to be and to give more constructive comments. You do not want mounts – so describe why they should not be.

in Suggestions

Zacchary.6183

You speak on behalf of the Majority? In this topic, likely, there are fewer than even 30 different people. Dramatic part of majority does not come to the forum at all.

I stopped to write on this forum for a long time, because suggestions ??drowning in the streams troling and, sorry, stupidest comments in type of “your idea is kitten, because my idea in the next topic seems to me much better and it must be implement before yours, and devs should not waste time on yours”

Therefore it is better to end bickering about what topic has no place to be and to give more constructive comments. You do not want mounts – so describe why they should not be.

If there was a good amount of people actually buying the broom and drill, you’de be seeing more sales or at least additions to the Gem Store. However there have been no promotions for almost a year.

Maybe itll happen during halloween for the broom or another flame and frost type thing after that but anet looks at their numbers ALOT and act upon those numbers ALOT and it seems the numbers didn’t show a sale or additions would be a good idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Henge.3907

Henge.3907

I have the broom (came with the witches costume) and the drill. But initially I got the drill because I thought it was a costume brawl weapon with a steampunk theme that would fit my character. I was really disappointed in its lack of function.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Look at the search bar of your internet browser.

It says …/suggestions/Mounts-46

This means that this is the 46th thread that had the title ‘Mounts’, meaning that 45 people before you thought it was a good idea to post a thread about Mounts. That means that this thread is 45 times more pointless than any last thread about this beaten-to-death topic.

No.

Now stop suggesting it.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

This means that this is the 46th thread that had the title ‘Mounts’, meaning that 45 people before you thought it was a good idea to post a thread about Mounts. That means that this thread is 45 times more pointless than any last thread about this beaten-to-death topic.

No.

Now stop suggesting it.

I truly hope that one day if you ever make a post to support something you like. A flood of naysayers like yourself will rush to chime in with pointless comments like you made.

in Suggestions

Posted by: kansuke.8706

kansuke.8706

Only players who didn’t play GW ask for mounts. Anyone who played GW knows not to ask for them.

I played GW from start till GW2, but I’d like to see mounts in GW2.

What I do not like however, is other people determining what I would or would not like.

I’ve seen a lot of petty arguments in this thread why it should not be added, but this just tops it. It makes no sense at all.

Saii – The Red Lotus

(edited by kansuke.8706)

in Suggestions

kansuke.8706

No.

Now stop suggesting it.

A lot of words trying to convince someone else that it’s pointless, in your subjective personal view, which makes it … pointless!

Why, and I really wonder about this, why would you make such negative comment in a topic that does not interest you?
And what informative value do you think this have to the people reading this thread? Other than showing that it does not interest mister Bright 9160.

I don’t know… If I have to go over everything in this forum that I think is pointless and spent time to write out that I think it’s pointless and beaten-to-death, it would mean that I have to stop working and make this a full time job.

The only result it would have, is that a few people on this planet know that I, mister Kansuke, think that certain things are pointless. Which they forget in the second after.

See how pointless that is? Now, why don’t you stop being negative and start some constructive criticism? It’s what helps out other people the most.

Saii – The Red Lotus

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

No.

Now stop suggesting it.

I truly hope that one day if you ever make a post to support something you like. A flood of naysayers like yourself will rush to chime in with pointless comments like you made.

Well, considering that the OP has made no further contributions to this thread in any shape or form since he started it, it should just be allowed to die since he clearly wasn’t bothered about engaging in any meaningful discussion over it. It seems that it’s only really you and the odd drive-by supporter who’s keeping this thread on life support now.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

From what I’ve seen, Mounts are EASILY the most highly contentious topic of discussion out there. Everyone keep a cool head.

Everyone has a unique opinion, but I mainly see 3 schools of thought; 99% of the suggestions I’ve personally seen can be placed in one of these three categories.

1. Cosmetic Only
Mounts would serve the same purpose as town clothing, as the broomstick, the sonic tunneler, finishers, etc. It looks nice, but the bonus it confers is purely aesthetic.

2. Speed Boost
Mounts are designed to provide some form of a speed increase, generally either 25% to be on par with traits and signets, or 33% making it effectively perma-swiftness.

3. No Mounts Evar!!1!
Pretty much says it all.

What do you guys say? Everyone vote, I’ll tally up the results, and we’ll see where the vocal minority that is the GW2 Forum population stands!

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

No.

Now stop suggesting it.

Well, considering that the OP has made no further contributions to this thread in any shape or form since he started it, it should just be allowed to die since he clearly wasn’t bothered about engaging in any meaningful discussion over it. It seems that it’s only really you and the odd drive-by supporter who’s keeping this thread on life support now.

I think I pretty much covered everything. Even if the OP didn`t add anything other the threads birth, it still lets anet know that people are interested in them and that there are people who don`t want the interested people to have them.

Not really anything wrong in discussing it, that`s what a suggestion forum is for. Just at the moment the majority of people that post in the forums at this time don`t like the idea. But if you notice it`s the same 50 or so people and that in no way reflects the games entire playerbase. I know quite a few people who are interested in them but at the same time they don`t wanna be bothered with a forum battle. Perhaps if more people who liked the idea came forward instead of just sitting silent, this could be taken more seriously. But instead the thread gets “this is dumb or worthless” Which I could say the majority of suggestion in this forum but I don`t.

Also if I were a dev and I saw a certain topic has come up 46 times, I think I would take serious look into it.

(edited by Banewrath.5107)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Only players who didn’t play GW ask for mounts. Anyone who played GW knows not to ask for them.

What I do not like however, is other people determining what I would or would not like.

I’ve seen a lot of petty arguments in this thread why it should not be added, but this just tops it. It makes no sense at all.

I did say what you would like or not like. You should know by now what happens when someone brings up mounts.

Some areas are meant to be challenging like temples. But if players are just riding past most of the enemies. Those areas are too easy.

Mounts make the game too easy!

in Suggestions

Zacchary.6183

No.

Now stop suggesting it.

It would definitely happen if they made a mounts thread.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

Asura should be able to ride on the back of a moa/pet
Either that or being able to ride around on Shatterer or Jormag and command them to nuke areas in Wvw XD

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

I did say what you would like or not like. You should know by now what happens when someone brings up mounts.

Some areas are meant to be challenging like temples. But if players are just riding past most of the enemies. Those areas are too easy.

Yeah but you can already run past mobs with swiftness. There isn`t a difference. And if there was they would take swiftness out of the game because it makes it too easy.

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

Yeah but you can already run past mobs with swiftness. There isn`t a difference. And if there was they would take swiftness out of the game because it makes it too easy.

It’s still hard to avoid large groups of enemies using swiftness. If they are directly in your path with no way around. Mounts faster than swiftness would be game breaking in my opinion. As they can ride through enemies easily.

Players should be a little scared of dieing in hard areas. Fast mount take that fear away from the player.

Mounts also make gathering too fast and easy.

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

It’s still hard to avoid large groups of enemies using swiftness. If they are directly in your path with no way around. Mounts faster than swiftness would be game breaking in my opinion. As they can ride through enemies easily.

Players should be a little scared of dieing in hard areas. Fast mount take that fear away from the player.

Mounts also make gathering too fast and easy.

I don`t think you have read anything besides what you want to see or you just haven`t read the ideas at all. Every player has swiftness or a speed signet. The mounts swiftness buff is always in effect while the mount is active and will not stack and overwrite any buffs the player already has. So the speed cap is what? 25-33%?This a more valuable effect to players who do not have a speed signet. And even players that do have signets could use something different in place of it if they had a mount if they wanted to. They would just lose speed if they dismounted without their signet. Either way speed and swiftness are in the game and they aren`t going anywhere. Even on a mount if you get hit it`s going to give you same slow running effect that`s in the game now. So it isn`t like a mount is going to give you CC free movement. This is an alternative to having to keep buffing your self with a staff or horn every 10 seconds and also looks pretty cool in the process.

in Suggestions

kansuke.8706

I can see your point, but what does that have to do with having played GW and therefore having a certain opinion? That does not compute.
And no, i do not “know by now”. I hardly ever read forums.

The argument that mounts would make the game easy, is a narrow view.

If mobs are able to knock you off the mount, that would solve a part of it.
You would not be able to mount, if you are in combat, solves another part.
Furthermore, certain areas should be not accessible with a mount. Like dungeons and such.
Areas inaccessible with a mount, will automatically dismount you.
Quality of the mounts, could be determined by their speed, and their ability to resist against being knocked off. (like, low level mobs, but high level mobs will always be able to knock you off)

With some imagination, anything is possible, without sacrificing gameplay, or making it easier.

Saii – The Red Lotus

(edited by kansuke.8706)

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

I can see your point, but what does that have to do with having played GW and therefore having a certain opinion? That does not compute.

Furthermore, certain areas should be not accessible with a mount. Like dungeons and such.
Quality of the mounts, could be determined by their speed, and their ability to resist against being knocked off. (like, low level mobs, but high level mobs will always be able to knock you off)

With some imagination, anything is possible, without sacrificing gameplay, or making it easier.

The games AI can’t seem to react fast eighth players running by for mounts to work.

Even if a enemy could knock a players off of a mount. The enemies AI would not have time to use that ability. If mount is faster than swiftness.

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

The games AI can’t seem to react fast eighth players running by for mounts to work.

Even if a enemy could knock a players off of a mount. The enemies AI would not have time to use that ability. If mount is faster than swiftness.

How is this really any different then running by mobs with staff swiftness or a speed signet?

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

How is this really any different then running by mobs with staff swiftness or a speed signet?

Anet needs to make some content harder so players using swiftness can’t just run past enemies. Good open world raid won’t happen until then.

Anet wants players to go into combat stance because they do not want you just running through mobs .

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

No mounts. I refuse to search for a key npc stuck underneath a pile of walrus dragons let alone having them cloud my visual view of the game world. It is never going to happen just like having dedicated healers. This topic has been beaten into dust, let it die already.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

No mounts. I refuse to search for a key npc stuck underneath a pile of walrus dragons let alone having them cloud my visual view of the game world. It is never going to happen just like having dedicated healers. This topic has been beaten into dust, let it die already.

I have given many times over a solution to the searching for a npc, but I will tell it again.

When you get near a npc the game does a collision detection and then the hit the F button to talk to the npc thing appears on your screen. If you are mounted when you move into this area if you stand for 2 seconds in this area you will automatically be dismounted. Not to mention that the F button works on the npc regardless of your ability to see them or not. If this was a real issue at all, then you would complain that they need to do something about the over crowding around a npc like the Bankers and the TP currently, cause since the beginning, I have never seen those npc’s faces not once.
I don’t see how they cloud your view especially when there is a solution to that as well. The idea is to have a check box in your options that allow you to turn off any visuals of mounts so you only see the other persons toon.
Unlike dedicated healing, mounts are already in the game via the broom and tunneling device, can’t really say never to something that is already in here.
But like Dedicated healing “never” coming to the game, you will “never” get this topic to die.

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

Anet needs to make some content harder so players using swiftness can’t just run past enemies. Good open world raid won’t happen until then.

Anet wants players to go into combat stance because they do not want you just running through mobs .

Did you ever think that the reason some of the people that want mounts to have a higher speed buff than currently available is to get to that “Good open world raid” faster.(mind you I am fine with it not exceeding current speeds)
Many times I have been on my Mesmer and was going from event to event and could not make it to the next one in time….The Waypoints that everyone loves so much as a the mainstay of travel were Contested, meaning that there is no porting close to the event which kinda makes me finally just say to kitten with the events….why bother if you arrive at the last second and get nothing for your efforts.

One thing I would love mounts to get would be skillz that helps other players. I said this along time ago, but how about a skill that allows you to throw a rope to a downed player and drag them out of combat to rez them. Or better yet when a AFK person is downed near the turrets in the Tequatyl open world raid….you can drag them over to the side so there dead bodies, don’t scale up the attacks on the turrets, having 2 champs spawn and 3 or 4 vets is terrible when only 5 people are really the only ones defending.

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

From what I’ve seen, Mounts are EASILY the most highly contentious topic of discussion out there. Everyone keep a cool head.

Everyone has a unique opinion, but I mainly see 3 schools of thought; 99% of the suggestions I’ve personally seen can be placed in one of these three categories.

1. Cosmetic Only
Mounts would serve the same purpose as town clothing, as the broomstick, the sonic tunneler, finishers, etc. It looks nice, but the bonus it confers is purely aesthetic.

2. Speed Boost
Mounts are designed to provide some form of a speed increase, generally either 25% to be on par with traits and signets, or 33% making it effectively perma-swiftness.

3. No Mounts Evar!!1!
Pretty much says it all.

What do you guys say? Everyone vote, I’ll tally up the results, and we’ll see where the vocal minority that is the GW2 Forum population stands!

What about Combat Mounts or mounts with skillz.

Oh I did a little test today at the twitch live stream and asked people to vote on which one of the Four they would like in game and only two people said no mounts, while a three wanted more cosmetics, three more said give em speed, and a couple liked the idea of combat ones. Not a big pool of people answered, but I definitely seemed to be able to add up the numbers for them on there.

in Suggestions

kansuke.8706

It seems that other than knowing exactly how other people’s opinion is, based on what they play, you also know how the game is functioning as to the AI’s percentage of CPU usage and it’s limits.
Plus further on, you also seem to know exactly what Arenanet wants from players.

I’d have to conclude that you either are a psychic, have magical abilities, or perhaps are an alien with mindreading powers.
As for the AI’s response time and the percentage of CPU usage needed would require comprehensive knowledge of the structure of the game, limited to developers only.

Seeing other games, that are decades older, having implemented a good working system where mounts are working fine, I assume that adding them to GW2 will pose no big problem. Certainly not with the level of expertise that the developers of Arenanet show.

As I said before, being opposed to the idea of mounts in game, just because it would make things “easier” is unfounded, because there are technical solutions for each and every problem.
It’s not rocket science, it’s simple really.

And why would you oppose to something that would add more fun to the game?
I guess some people are against anything, just for the sake of it.

Saii – The Red Lotus

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

That doesn`t really answer the question. I can outrun mobs as it is now without any swiftness at all.

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

Nah, I`m gonna beat this topic like a redheaded stepchild on Christmas morning. We already have plenty of oversized norn players that like to stand right on top of npcs. Good thing just standing near them and hitting E targets them and not the players. For every possible complaint you could come up with I have a solution.

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

Nice try hiding the thread.

in Suggestions

Posted by: KiloG.8713

KiloG.8713

Good idea but, if its mount like bike/car/rocket or any thing like that i’m against that.I also like fly mounts.

A warrior does not give up what he loves, he finds the love in what he does

in Suggestions

Posted by: Erridein.8394

Erridein.8394

I’ll be fine without mounts, but if they will be added I can buy some mounts, if they would to my liking.
For balance Annet do not have to do character helpless while he/she rides. Equal should be enough. Maybe riders can get same skills but with suitable animation, so they can fight one mount and be as effective as character without mount. And posible it should be only animation character dismounts during the gathering, while player just press F once for gathering. So it would be no reason to complain about too strong mounts and they remain comfortable to use. They will not give anything besides look (and maybe ~25% speed) and will not take anything. I do not want get more problems from my purchase, so if I can’t fight on mount and will have to dismount all the time, I simple will not buy it.
I do not think that tank is a good idea of personal transport: it requires a crew and should be powerful, so tank with single charr that does same damage as this char (if does any).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Everyone who is against the idea should get out of here and everyone who likes it should keep talking.
Either way, arguing about it is pointless, it will keep this thread up forever and both sides will never see eye to eye anyway.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Suggestions

Posted by: Synesence.7546

Synesence.7546

I’m confused here…People want mounts for the speed boosts, or the look?
Cause you can’t have both, you know…

in Suggestions

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

Everyone who is against the idea should get out of here and everyone who likes it should keep talking.
Either way, arguing about it is pointless, it will keep this thread up forever and both sides will never see eye to eye anyway.

So basically what you want is only one side of the discussion? That’s my problem with all of the pro mount people. If you don’t agree with a valid argument you gloss it over or just say that it isn’t really important. Opinions of all of the player base are valid even if some are outright silly.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in Suggestions

So basically what you want is only one side of the discussion? That’s my problem with all of the pro mount people. If you don’t agree with a valid argument you gloss it over or just say that it isn’t really important. Opinions of all of the player base are valid even if some are outright silly.

You are right but this is a neverending discussion, there have been dozens of threads about this and they are ALL THE SAME. There is a line..

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

I’m confused here…People want mounts for the speed boosts, or the look?
Cause you can’t have both, you know…

I went to the park today to rent a horse for a trail ride. I asked the attendant how much for a Guild Wars 2 horse? He wasn`t sure what exactly I was asking. So I told him I wanted a horse that was basicially worthless I could just sit on. He was still a bit confused. So I told him Synesence says that I can either have a horse for looks or one that works but not both. The attendant had me ejected from the park.

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

I believe we can have constructive discussion. Some people have reasons they don`t want them and some people do want them. This is how we iron out the potential problems that could possibly occur. And maybe, just maybe. Arenanet may read the thread and get some ideas from our conversations. So far people presented some reasons for being against them and so far I have come up with solutions for those issues. If we come up with more reasons and solutions, we get a step closer to making progress.

in Suggestions

I believe we can have constructive discussion. Some people have reasons they don`t want them and some people do want them. This is how we iron out the potential problems that could possibly occur. And maybe, just maybe. Arenanet may read the thread and get some ideas from our conversations. So far people presented some reasons for being against them and so far I have come up with solutions for those issues. If we come up with more reasons and solutions, we get a step closer to making progress.

Hmm, makes sense

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

I think mounts should be for looks only. It could cause more problems such as players beating players to bosses or mobs and killing them first out fo spite. For those of you who want a fast travel mount go buy a broom equip it then use a waypoint and there you have it a fast traveling mount.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Erridein.8394

Erridein.8394

It will be strange, if mounts would walk slower then humans/charrs/sylvari/norns/asura. And some classes have speed boost.
But if speed boost is just too much, I’ll be ok without it.

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

I think mounts should be for looks only. It could cause more problems such as players beating players to bosses or mobs and killing them first out fo spite. For those of you who want a fast travel mount go buy a broom equip it then use a waypoint and there you have it a fast traveling mount.

Well, it can go both ways. some classes have a speed signet that can be used for this same reason. But I wouldn`t want what they have taken away. A mount having a swiftness just enables everyone to have an equipped boost for movement if they would want it. Please keep in mind that people can use already use existing speed buffs. Also keep in mind that mounts would have limitations. It couldn`t be used in combat and would no way take the place of skills like retreat that are instant cast buffs that can be used in combat and anywhere in game.

My ideas in case they have been overlooked again.

1. Mounts give permanent swiftness while active. Mounts will not increase the run speed when used with player buffs. Highest speed % will overwrite the others.

2. Mounts cannot be used in combat, you would need to dismount to fight.

3. A hidemounts toggle in the options so people who don`t like them won`t have to look at them.

4. Make the mount casting animation a two to three second cast so it could not be abused and only used for it`s intended purpose.

5. Add dungeon mounts that can be had for tokens, cultural mounts in home cities, mounts sold at vendors for gold, optional mounts in gemshop.

6. Mount race events simaler to guild rushes.

Could go on and on but a few of these suggestions provide a remedy to current complaints.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

Well, it can go both ways. some classes have a speed signet that can be used for this same reason. But I wouldn`t want what they have taken away. A mount having a swiftness just enables everyone to have an equipped boost for movement if they would want it. Please keep in mind that people can use already use existing speed buffs. Also keep in mind that mounts would have limitations. It couldn`t be used in combat and would no way take the place of skills like retreat that are instant cast buffs that can be used in combat and anywhere in game.

My ideas in case they have been overlooked again.

1. Mounts give permanent swiftness while active. Mounts will not increase the run speed when used with player buffs. Highest speed % will overwrite the others.

2. Mounts cannot be used in combat, you would need to dismount to fight.

3. A hidemounts toggle in the options so people who don`t like them won`t have to look at them.

4. Make the mount casting animation a two to three second cast so it could not be abused and only used for it`s intended purpose.

5. Add dungeon mounts that can be had for tokens, cultural mounts in home cities, mounts sold at vendors for gold, optional mounts in gemshop.

6. Mount race events simaler to guild rushes.

Could go on and on but a few of these suggestions provide a remedy to current complaints.

Uh.. You took it seriously to pull up this topic.
Keep it up! =P

Still vote for mounts with ability. More space for opportunities. That’s interesting. Useful. More sense.
I wish that it did not arise out of the smoke directly under you, and had a nice animation when calling. It would be great if knockback threw you out of the saddle. It would look beautiful. Such an epic fall) But mounts in type of charr’s tanks were deprived of such a “vulnerability”.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nilas.2605

Nilas.2605

While I think that the game has no need for mounts in the traditional sense (like in WoW, where there’s hundreds, you summon them in 1½ second and they function like a baisc speed-buff), I think that they could be an interesting addition to the games, especially for WvW. I think having them function like a vehicle (like in real life) with limiations would be a good start. One option is to have each region in the game have its own style of mount, approraite for the climate/geography of the zone.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Sounds like This (sort of):::
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Junundu

They existed in Guildwars 1, and acted like a mount,…sort of, were only accessible in certain areas, and didn’t really make you any more or less powerful, since Anet scaled the mobs in the area for the wurm’s power. You could use them only in areas where you couldn’t travel on foot.

If the Desolation(Northwest Elona) ever comes back to Gw2, I really hope Anet puts them in the game.

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

If there ever would be mounts in the game why couldn`t they just be normal mounts? Why couldn`t I ride whatever mount I had in whatever zone I liked? Why couldn`t my mount travel with me? Why would mounts have to be area specific? Why wouldn`t I be able to summon my mount? I can`t really think of any gamebreaking reasons to have those limitations in place.

You obviously put some thought into the activities you mentioned. But you put like zero thought into all the limitations and didn`t even bother listing why the limitation would need to be in place. Looks like you just want them for mini events and puzzles instead of actual functionality. I have nothing against mini events and puzzles but I`d take a functional mount over mini games and puzzles any day.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

i would see mounts as mini games as well. Dragonkite flying or Bull riding

these could be also fun minigames

in Suggestions

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

my other idea was delete all those less used WP and give flying mounts instead, It would giv the world a bigger feeling. U dont want maybe people dont skip jp with them ? easy done make mounts cant come near a jp or they dismount u. NON FLIGHT ZONES

But most important first the world need be double the size. now its just to small
also those mounts maybe need a cooldown lets say 2 min cd
that way there is no annoying crazy farm tool just a way to see the world in a other way

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kite.2510

Kite.2510

If there ever would be mounts in the game why couldn`t they just be normal mounts? Why couldn`t I ride whatever mount I had in whatever zone I liked? Why couldn`t my mount travel with me? Why would mounts have to be area specific? Why wouldn`t I be able to summon my mount? I can`t really think of any gamebreaking reasons to have those limitations in place.

Looks like you just want them for mini events and puzzles instead of actual functionality.

All my limitations are to avoid abuse of the mount system like it happens in WoW.
There, people won’t walk 10 meters before summoning their mounts, just to travel another 10 meters. I’ve been playing WoW, and I’ve seen that!

Also I don’t want to make Mounts appear as mandatory upgrade of your characters progression. They being limited on areas that support them, as part of the area, and all you have to do is keep the events of that area to your favor allows pretty much everyone to use them at any time for that area, instead of being boo-ed for having reached the end-level not having gathered the 600G needed to get his character’s official mount and pose with it at LA.
Perhaps the could be a way for players to summon from a stable their own mount instead of the one the area gives them, as long as it has the same limitations.
I don’t want Mounted characters to gave some unfair advantage over walking characters, so I want them to consider “not mounting” to travel certain distances, or on certain places.
It’s not like the mount will go away the moment you dismount. It’ll just stay in place waiting for you (for about half an hour) until you come back to it, or go to another stable to get another mount.

Since the game has so many WP there is no real need for Mount transportation (With the exception of WvW). Mounts will be mostly added for looks and realism, and if my suggestion passes, they’ll be used as a mechanic similar to how some environmental weapons work.
Summoning a mount out of thin air bellow your legs isn’t very natural…

Them controlling like vehicles (hopefully having momentum and stopping speed values as well) instead of walking characters will put some much needed variety in GW2 controls. Pretty much all minigame-like events and activities in the game put you in the shoes of your own character with some different skills and skins. No mater how good the GW2 controls are, they can get very tiresome after a couple of years of play, and controlling something different for once would be a nice variation.
Also that way A-net can play of on the attributes of each mount by making them having different speeds, turning faster or slower, and the time it takes to stop depending on their momentum. Mounting a goat should feel different than mounting a horse.

i would see mounts as mini games as well. Dragonkite flying or Bull riding

No Flying in the near future…
People are already breaking out of the maps without it.

…and don’t be toxic!