[Merged] Think "Mounts" outside the box!

in Suggestions

Posted by: MarcBilynk.7509

MarcBilynk.7509

a motherf*** hoverboard, that’s what i want

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

No the Dev’s have never taken that stance and if you have a link that proves me other wise stop spreading lies.

From the FAQ on the wiki:

Will there be mounts?

No. For traveling long distance, the game will offer the two types of teleports above (waypoints and asura gates), but the initial release does not have any other methods, i.e. there are no mounts or ships.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions

Dev interview stating there are no plans. There’s also a video of this but I don’t have the link. Of course this doesn’t mean no plans ever but it’s hardly likely they will. By the way, the first GW did not have mounts.

No, see the line you link to is not what the Dev said during the interview, the line as read per your link is someone else wording on the Wiki which I didn’t bother looking up who that was….if you look at the end of that line is the link to the original interview and statement from Guild Wars 2 Lead Designer Eric Flannum and the question and answer was:

Will be there any other kind of traveling across long distances apart from asura gates (e.g. ship)?

Eric: Any of the major (non-capturable) waypoints that a player has unlocked can be travelled to regardless of the distance involved. Prices do vary depending on distance though, and asura gates are free, so a player might find it advantageous to use asura gates in some circumstances. Other than waypoints and asura gates, there will be no other methods of long distance travel such as mounts, ships, etc in Guild Wars 2 upon initial release.

Which basically the other statement did include the “upon initial release” which makes the meaning say that they are not committing to any statement that says yes or no. But the wiki starts out saying flat out NO which is not what he said at all.

And yes they did have mounts.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I call games, that have not mount systems similar to what BLESS will provide absolutely outdated, GW2 is outdated absolutely already in many aspects, when you look at many of the upcoming games.

Mounts in general being only 1 thing of many features, where GW2 massively is lacking in using its potential to become a real true innovative game.
the only real innovative things that GW2 currently only offers are 2 things:

1) WvW (but it surely won’t take long, until other games will over somethign similar, that will be designed and developed much better and more thought out in the next years, it isnt a feature that lets Anet rest on their Laurels forever.)

2) Having made such a AAA game just without an Subscription Fee totally making all of the financing of the game currently only with its first box sales of the main game and the Ingame Shop in the background.

The latter is something of innovation, that yet many other game developer compannies have to successfully do too and until alot of other competitive companies follow now that positive paragon project of Anet to abandon finally completely all together the outdated subscription fee model, it will stay something innovative that yet only Anet has successfully done with a true AAA game.
Because 99% of all the F2P games out there with also no subscription fees are no AAA games. they range mostly all between B to maximum AA games and are always cluttered full of grind that is much more mind boggling, than dealing with legendary weapons in GW2, what is basically the only design flaw of those F2P games, otherwise they are all solid games which can make all in their own ways fun.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

So your idea is to make it a skill that passively gives you a speed buff and when activated gives you a different skill set. Think on that for a while and then tell me it wouldn’t be op. The problem with most of you mount lovers is that you want it all and won’t take anything less. Small cosmetic mounts or mounts the way that they were in Gw1 (which I’d be ok with) just aren’t good enough for the small and let me repeat that word for you again, SMALL amount of players that want them. Why don’t you go through all of the mount threads and count the names for them and against them. In fact why don’t you go through all of those threads and read them and you would find a lot of reasons why mounts the way you want them would be game breaking for a lot more people than the mount lovers.

No..The idea is that when you use the activate feature of my skill idea is that you Loose the speed you get put back to normal running speed on foot and slowed to battle speed when engaging in combat and my idea is to have a unique skill set that compliments the mount you are riding. Skills like the idea of dragging a downed player away from red circles to then rez them, I don’t know what to name this skill yet.

Since everyone could use this skill in PvE it would not make you op. In normal WvW you would not allow the mounts to fight. That why I suggested an all out WvW map that lets every conceivable type of mounted combat take place. In the Air, land, and Sea and on those massive charr war machines. Since everyone is able to fight on them how are you more op than all the other players. You don’t give credit to Anet in the fact that they would balance the skill set and make them skills work for the type of mount you are using. By type I mean base different mounts on the trinity, Damage, Control, and Support.

I understand that you really want this because you are a mesmer but that was the way that they were balanced. Let’s say my engie wanted portals or mass veil – I would have to give something up or be op. I don’t understand why you couldn’t live with a strictly cosmetic, small mount if you “wanna look kewl”. With no speed boost and given the option to not have to see it have all the stupid mounts you want. As a final note there is no way i can give Anet credit for balancing anything.

No I don’t want this cause I play a mezy. I have and play all classes.
You do give up something with my idea you give up all your weapon skills and the ability for the mount to have a continuous speed buff to have mounted skills.
Which is like what happens when you pick up one of those items off the ground to use as a weapon or when a Engi uses the flamethrower skill.

One thing that the broom and tunneling device doesn’t do, is let me use my utility skills while mounted or to have the ability to use dodge or even have the protection of my armor…If they add these features to these items, I could be happy for allowing more immersion and the ability to uses the already speeds buffs that my utility provide. If they did this and make more of these items available on the gem store they could make a lot more money from me that is for sure.
But that will not make me stop wanting to have something that most MMO’s do not have and that’s a fun method of Mounted Combat. Which I think my idea comes close to something that has Anet design ideas all over it and is unique to the MMO gaming market.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dalent.9358

Dalent.9358

Want mounts? Go play nearly every RPG.

fixed that :-)

Really, why all this hate against mounts? Be cause they are in other games? Remember it is pretty usual that you have a horse or other riding possibilities in most RPGs. Stop associating it only with WoW.

It would be a great addition. Another nice thing we could collect and much more less useless than the minis.

Okay, yes, nearly every MMORPG. My reason against mounts here is that maps are small enough with enough waypoints in each map to make mounts unneeded. And what about in cities, and other smaller zones (like Bazaar). Mounts would need disabling in those zones to prevent overcrowding that already exist. But again, maps are small enough with enough waypoints within.

Akurn – Asura Necromancer
Elzareth – Asura Mesmer

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

I think my Mesmer is lacking in that area of the continuous variety.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Speed
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Traveler

You’re welcome.
Please send all gold coin donations to SoPP.7034

yeah its the new magic find on gear….telling the truth I did make a set just for running only for the mezzy, which is sad. Which I hate having to gear and spec into movement and switch out gear just to fight.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

I don’t get why people are against it?

If people don’t want it they won’t use it so what’s the problems? Other than giving valid precise points as to why it’s bad a lot of it seems to be naysayers for the sake of being naysayers.

The wasted development is a point, but PvE has tons of resources that I doubt this would hurt anything. Also I’m sure there are more than enough people willing to go for it that a-net can turn a profit if quality assurance is with it. (Again don’t make WoW’s TRH)

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Suggestions

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

If people don’t want it they won’t use it so what’s the problems? Other than giving valid precise points as to why it’s bad a lot of it seems to be naysayers for the sake of being naysayers.

The wasted development is a point, but PvE has tons of resources that I doubt this would hurt anything. Also I’m sure there are more than enough people willing to go for it that a-net can turn a profit if quality assurance is with it. (Again don’t make WoW’s TRH)

Many have stated good reasons why.

- Unnecessary clutter.
- Requires Dev time wich is “needed” somewhere else since Mounts is not “needed”.
- Mounts isn’t just a click and paste resource, it requires alot of work and alot of code and alot of memory and alot of server capacity. Do you complain about a laggy game? you should not want mounts then.
- People are never happy. If useless mounts where to be introduced (AE No special speed boost) People would post suggestions about giving mounts with higher speed.
- Yes, people are never happy. When mounts is introduced with speed boost people will suggest mounted combat and/or flying mounts.

Oh by the way, I want super powers like in Champions Online and I want traveling skills with that, would have been so cool to sprint through Aschalon is 2sec and killing enemies with blasts will throw them away with ragdoll effect. I mean PvE has tons of resources so I doubt that would hurt anything.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

Many have stated good reasons why.

- Unnecessary clutter.
- Requires Dev time wich is “needed” somewhere else since Mounts is not “needed”.
- Mounts isn’t just a click and paste resource, it requires alot of work and alot of code and alot of memory and alot of server capacity. Do you complain about a laggy game? you should not want mounts then.
- People are never happy. If useless mounts where to be introduced (AE No special speed boost) People would post suggestions about giving mounts with higher speed.
- Yes, people are never happy. When mounts is introduced with speed boost people will suggest mounted combat and/or flying mounts.

Oh by the way, I want super powers like in Champions Online and I want traveling skills with that, would have been so cool to sprint through Aschalon is 2sec and killing enemies with blasts will throw them away with ragdoll effect. I mean PvE has tons of resources so I doubt that would hurt anything.

He said valid which nulls the idea that they would be clutter since they already have tons of clutter in this game.
The Dev’s work in teams so if they are working on something the whole place is not working on it. We know that there are three living story teams, and some teams that specialize say like people that work on Pvp and WvW. So that does not seem to be an issue.
I don’t know about that seems like they have a good portion of the code already made, when I look around in LA and BC, I see lots of what could be mounts, like the charr’s war machines. Also when I am out in the Pve areas I see animals that could be domesticated. Even a horse is already made up to the neck.
You are right they have added useless mounts already like the broom…I do want speed but at no better buff than is already currently available.
and I also want mounted combat which if you had read any of the other post i have made you would already read that. But I do not want flying mounts unless they have a WvW map just for mounted combat. Any where else in the game would break design with jumping puzzle’s and vista’s.

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

Looking at my last post I just thought of something that I had not given much thought about till after I made that post.

Jumping Puzzles
Why not have a jumping puzzle in my idea for a Mounted WvW map. All the other WvW maps except Edge of the mist(as far as I know) have a jumping puzzle included with them. So why not have a special jumping puzzle that can only be done on a mount in my idea for Mounted WvW map.

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

And another thing If my idea was implemented then a Superior Rune of the Mounted should be made available as well. As for what stats that this rune could bring to the table I would like others thoughts about how it should work. But maybe something like:

+25 vitality +20% might duration +50 toughness 5% chance to shout Giddyup and gain swiftness when hit. (cooldown: 10s) +90 healing power +5% chance to gain stability. (cooldown: 60s)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

it is simple. replace the boring speed buff skills with summoning mounts skills. just a animation difference, that’s all

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

And another thing If my idea was implemented then a Superior Rune of the Mounted should be made available as well. As for what stats that this rune could bring to the table I would like others thoughts about how it should work. But maybe something like:

+25 vitality +20% might duration +50 toughness 5% chance to shout Giddyup and gain swiftness when hit. (cooldown: 10s) +90 healing power +5% chance to gain stability. (cooldown: 60s)

I’m beginning to thing you like mounts a little too much. Several people including myself have offered valid compromises (you know that thing where you meet in the middle) but you refuse to even think about it. That dear player makes you come off as
a kitten and won’t get your ideas taken seriously. BTW keep your stupid mounts out of WvW, there is enough broken stuff in that game mode as it is.

I do like what I want. I have offered more compromises on this subject, maybe more than any other pro mounter and most of those compromises where in favor of the naysayer, for instance where they do not have to look at them near npc’s is idea that I came up up with after someone had a made comment about looking at a yaks butt…so don’t you call me out saying I don’t. When I made that rune suggestion I left it open on discussion on how it could work, you are the one who refuses to help me fix the idea(compromise). You just want things your way just as much as I want things my way. Now If you would contain your urges to call me names.
And my idea for mounts in WvW is it own place in the Mist that has nothing to do with the current areas.

in Suggestions

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

I’m beginning to thing you like mounts a little too much. Several people including myself have offered valid compromises (you know that thing where you meet in the middle) but you refuse to even think about it. That dear player makes you come off as
a kitten and won’t get your ideas taken seriously. BTW keep your stupid mounts out of WvW, there is enough broken stuff in that game mode as it is.

I do like what I want. I have offered more compromises on this subject, maybe more than any other pro mounter and most of those compromises where in favor of the naysayer, for instance where they do not have to look at them near npc’s is idea that I came up up with after someone had a made comment about looking at a yaks butt…so don’t you call me out saying I don’t. When I made that rune suggestion I left it open on discussion on how it could work, you are the one who refuses to help me fix the idea(compromise). You just want things your way just as much as I want things my way. Now If you would contain your urges to call me names.
And my idea for mounts in WvW is it own place in the Mist that has nothing to do with the current areas.

Since I got an infraction for some reason for this silly thread I’m just not going to argue any more. If they add mounts the way that you want them implemented, I will just find something else to play. I offered plenty of compromises but you chose not see them. Have a nice day.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

(edited by bloodletting wolf.2837)

in Suggestions

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

-snip-

If you look at his forum history it is literally just him posting in all of the numerous mounts threads that pop up in this forum. So I think that tells you something :P

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

No the Dev’s have never taken that stance and if you have a link that proves me other wise stop spreading lies.

From the FAQ on the wiki:

Will there be mounts?

No. For traveling long distance, the game will offer the two types of teleports above (waypoints and asura gates), but the initial release does not have any other methods, i.e. there are no mounts or ships.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions

Dev interview stating there are no plans. There’s also a video of this but I don’t have the link. Of course this doesn’t mean no plans ever but it’s hardly likely they will. By the way, the first GW did not have mounts.

No, see the line you link to is not what the Dev said during the interview, the line as read per your link is someone else wording on the Wiki which I didn’t bother looking up who that was….if you look at the end of that line is the link to the original interview and statement from Guild Wars 2 Lead Designer Eric Flannum and the question and answer was:

Will be there any other kind of traveling across long distances apart from asura gates (e.g. ship)?

Eric: Any of the major (non-capturable) waypoints that a player has unlocked can be travelled to regardless of the distance involved. Prices do vary depending on distance though, and asura gates are free, so a player might find it advantageous to use asura gates in some circumstances. Other than waypoints and asura gates, there will be no other methods of long distance travel such as mounts, ships, etc in Guild Wars 2 upon initial release.

Which basically the other statement did include the “upon initial release” which makes the meaning say that they are not committing to any statement that says yes or no. But the wiki starts out saying flat out NO which is not what he said at all.

And yes they did have mounts.

That was just ONE source. There are many more including a video that states they have no plans.

in Suggestions

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

-snip-

If you look at his forum history it is literally just him posting in all of the numerous mounts threads that pop up in this forum. So I think that tells you something :P

Just mount threads? I think you need to look a little closer – so I think that tells every one something :]

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in Suggestions

Posted by: omnimister.4219

omnimister.4219

seriously tho we need mounts. with either perma swiftness or that run faster than swiftness bc in all truth and reality wp are great but cost some bread, and what do I do when I want to go to a wp that’s blocked off bc some kitten world event is happening that wont be completed for months bc no ones ever around to do it and the 3 closest waypoints next to that wp are also blocked off (im looking at you kessex hills and orr) idk about flying but we need mounts. period

The Knight Of Zero

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Sure, have mounts – for 10,000 Gems each, with each one requiring food/fuel at an additional cost.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

Posted by: slayer.1083

slayer.1083

Norn characters in Guild Wars 2 should have giant massive polar bear mounts in the game Anet!

Michael J Sharp

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Massive polar bear mount like this?

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Actually, I think Norn’s should have one for each spirit.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Suggestions

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

What? No…….Dolyak mount for Norn.

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

How about no mounts at all?

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

“Polar bear” mount ~

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Dolyak_Rider

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

“Polar bear” mount ~

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Dolyak_Rider

that was a dwarf, and next time use Wroth Yakslapper to demonstrate dolyak mounts

frankly, if my norn is to ride anything about its going to be a flying keg (hint hint)

PS magic carpet eat your heart out, the booze will always win.

in Suggestions

Orpheal.8263

Norns should have no mounts at all, their “Mount Version” should be just the unique ability to transform themself into might “Spiritual War Beasts”, which gives them a Movementspeed Increase of constant +50% and changes the Weapon Skills into 5 according War Beast Skills.

Into which War Beast Form you will transform, will be decided in regard with which Norn Shaman you have spoken last to pray to one of the Spirits of the Wild and bring the Shaman one offering.

Bear Shaman = You turn into the Sacred War Bear Spirit Form.
Wolf Shaman = You turn into the Sacred War Wolf Spirit Form
Raven Shaman = You turn into the Sacred War Raven Spirit Form
Warthog Shaman = You turn into the Sacred Warthog Spirit Form
and so on…

Shop can then sell “Reskins” of those Spirit Forms or Shaman NPC’s for the personal Instance with other Spiritual Animals to turn into .
—-

Asuras should have as unique Mount System their Golems. As real Golemancers, they should be able to build all various of different looking Golems and such for different purposes, than fighting, rather travelign Golems made for Defense if at all for long Journeys that give you the increased Movement Speed of +50%
Asuras would have to build their Golems, they must craft them as Artificers.
Once they have crafted 4 Golem Parts, into the Mystic Forge with them and et voila, your Personal Transport Golem, brief PTG. The first series will be called PTG-1000.
Newer Versions or improved Versions will change their series numbers to differrentiate them.
——

Sylvari have to learn to summon their plant like Mounts..Sylvari should be able to summon various kinds of plant creatures, among them somethinjg like:
- Thorn Wolfs (from the artworks)
- Kirins (those horse like creatures)
- Oakhearts
- Dragon Lillies
- Island Guardians

Stuff like that …just plant like creatures that fit to their style. Sylvaries just have to find the NPC’s to learn how to summon them, what will cost them quite a hefty amount of Skill Points.
——

Charr craft themself Charr Bikes, similar to the asuras, they have to craft 4 parts to put those parts into the Mystic Forge to receive that way their own personal Mounts.
Their crafts just require completely different materials, than what an Asura needs to craft its Golem…
——

Humans have to tame their Mounts or to breed them. Humans just use animals and wild beasts they find everywhere, that are large enough of size to be able to carry them.
- Moas
- Griffons
- Giant Wolfes
- Horses

Just for example, again here Anet can sell Reskins in the Shop, Humans have to buy “Pet Food” or “Pet Toys” to be able to tame animals. Each animal/beasts needs somethign different to be able to tame it.
Breeding a pet on the other hand just costs alot of Gold, if you want to get a specific pet without having to go out and tame one. Pet Food/ Toys can be crafted through Cooks and Artisans
—-

Thats the way how I want a Mount System, each race having their own unique mounts and different ways of how to obtain them in the game that fit to the race you play together with a Movement Speed increase thats worth it to use them within maps over way pointing permanently and naturally their usage beign restricted to PvE only outside of towns, unless Anet comes up one day with a new fittign WvW Map for them… (for example through redesignign the Borderlands and merging those 3 maps finally into 1 huge single map), where Mounts have also all their own Skills, so that using a Mount does feel with every kind of Mount also a bit different.

No Spiritual Form is the Same, no Golem works the same ect.

in Suggestions

Inimicus.7162

I vote we leave mounts to the realms of town clothes etc (like the tunneling tool or the broomstick) and instead of mounts, maybe some real easy to break movement buff (easier than entering combat, like proximity or being “spotted” or aggro’d by npcs) since I seem to recall that only really nasty people like slavers rode mounts in GW1

in Suggestions

Orpheal.8263

What a nonsense, sorry

Go read the Guild Wars 2 Novel Books and say bye to your outdated way of thinking

in Suggestions

Inimicus.7162

What a nonsense, sorry

Go read the Guild Wars 2 Novel Books and say bye to your outdated way of thinking

While i pretend to do that you might go pretend to read statements from the dev’s on the same topic… the world of gw2 just isn’t big enough yet to warrant mounts beyond a few possible special circumstances (a repeatable mission or event where i get to move and control a charr/pact tank beyond just the turret would be in order here), and I’m not saying your argument doesn’t make sense… just that mounts for getting places would just be a moot point, so until they release much larger, emptier expanses of land… mounts will not need be a priority for them, that’s all.

Also, take a walk across the longest unbroken stretch of tyria, GW1 and GW2, from the ends of the maguuma to the opposite side of ascalon, it won’t take nearly as long as you think if you don’t get sidetracked a lot (maybe 1-2 hours gw1 without running builds and depending on party, and only about 1, if that, in gw2, more if you turn it into Sherman’s March)

in Suggestions

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I just think Norns should be mounts. They can tote all of the human’s, asura’s, and sylvari around on their shoulders.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Suggestions

Orpheal.8263

@ inimicus…

Please think more outside of the box … you travel with mounts not just only within a map… you can travel with them also from map to map and GW2 is everything else, than small (not to mention, that we currently are far away from beign able to explore everything of Tyria, nor the other missing continents and even if those would be explorable again, its just a tiny portion of the real size of Tyria as a whole planet. for that you need only to look at the complete world map of Tyra in the basement of the Order of Whispers, but here, look at it, its also in the internet to find with the current maps being overlayed:

http://i.imgur.com/R40p6.jpg

This map is basically big enough, that Anet would be able to deliver us for more than 10 years new content, if not much longer xD, big enough, that we might see after slaying the elder dragons completely new story campaigns with new dangers (cough Mursaat cough) possibly for all of this undiscovered land and somewhere within this all undiscovered land still waits Utopia sniff, that I desperately want to see some day as a new explorable continent. That continent west of Tyria looks like it could fit perfectly for that to be Utopia. Or those two huge islands west of Cantha. Or that most eastern part of Tyria east of Elona, where those 2 smaler islands are south of it.

So much potential ^^
ANet has to remove some of the way too many way points, increase their cost to make them better gold sinks from like 1,5 Silver to 4 Silver up to 5-10 Silver increasing the Silver cost, so more maps you want to cross through way points. If you use a WP within a map, WP should always cost 5 Silver, regardless from where to where you are traveling within one map piece.

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

-snip-

That is pretty much slander. If you did read all that I have posted then yes you do see I have posted in a lot of the mount threads not all of them and that is not the entirety of the topics I have posted in either. This insinuating that it says something about me negatively, well it don’t, it says that I am determined and I stick to my guns even though I will negotiate a compromise that I think will work for both sides of the fence.

(edited by Gummy.4278)

in Suggestions

coglin.1867

I call games, that have not mount systems similar to what BLESS will provide absolutely outdated, GW2 is outdated absolutely already in many aspects, when you look at many of the upcoming games.

This appears to me to be a very narrow view. It seems very unintelligent to me. Mounts are outdated. They are annoying fluff in my opinion. I rather be able to get there fast rather then try to sit on the back of a foolish looking beat in a public area.

Also, I have to ask. How can one game be outdated, based on a comparison to games that are not released? That doesn’t even make sense.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

WTB thread backstab pls.

EDIT: A thread Eviscerate or Killshot would be nice too.

in Suggestions

Posted by: slayer.1083

slayer.1083

disregard this mount post folks!

Michael J Sharp

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yamagawa.5941

Yamagawa.5941

Face it.

The horses all died decades ago to a plague. The Dolyaks are anything but fast, and the Choc..er, Moa breeing programs to produce birds large enough to ride met with no notable successes. One of the two ‘near miss’ events was by an Asura, Nomm, who’s most successful experiment ate him shortly before exploding. The other near miss with mounts involved a dozen Skritt, a Dolyak, and some sort of ‘Jet Assist Rocket’, that assisted the Dolyak into the side of a mountain. None of the 12 occupants survived.

Mounts arn’t happening, arn’t in the lore, and arn’t needed.
//Portable Corpse
— More mobile than any Dolyak…

And yes, ignore this thread.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bevillian.1260

Bevillian.1260

Nicely done post, I agree completely. Bump.

Guild Wars 2 Needs Hall of Heroes

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

I rather be able to get there fast

Have you ever went to teleport to a waypoint and found that no you can’t do it, that one is contested and the closest waypoint is half the map away? Have you ever tried just trying to get to a waypoint that is contested to help do a event and arrive at the exact moment that the event ends and you get nothing?
I’d rather get there fast too, but not all waypoints are set up to accommodate this.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mounts arn’t happening, arn’t in the lore, and arn’t needed.

Please stop saying mounts aren’t in the lore, because we all know that they are.

Junundu Wurms, Dolyaks, Skeletal Horses, Siege Devourers, and our recent broom. Mounts are very much a part of the Guild Wars universe.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Suggestions

coglin.1867

Have you ever went to teleport to a waypoint and found that no you can’t do it, that one is contested and the closest waypoint is half the map away?

No, not really. I have 100% swiftness up time, and there is always a way point not to far away. I never have to run across the map.

(edited by coglin.1867)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lightfang.1670

Lightfang.1670

i think that if they were to put in mounts (which would be awesome considering how great the designers are) they would have to take out way points to even things out. they would also have to set a certain level at which a player can obtain/buy a mount-20,30? and then so those higher up players don’t have such a large advantage they could have npc vendors that could specialize in transportation like the griffin flight masters in WoW for the lower levels(higher levels could of course still buy flights/rides). But the designers would have to work hard to individualize themselves from WoW and all the MMO’s out there. but overall i think mounts would be a great idea, and could totally incorporate some lore in there too and business wise $$$ could attract tons of new costumers $$$

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oniyui.8279

Oniyui.8279

My toons can’t even sit in a chair properly idk how you guys expect to stay on a mount.

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

My toons can’t even sit in a chair properly idk how you guys expect to stay on a mount.

alot of people think that the mount is single object that your toon sits on, when actually game makers merge the two and make them into one object.
That is the reason why we can’t sit properly on the chairs where it looks like real life, unless a little more programing effort is made so that the objects remain separate and the merging process is a smooth transition that looks like they are not merging at all.
Interacting with other object is something you have to think about before you make the object, or start completely over and nix the original with a new model to accommodate the needs.

in Suggestions

Posted by: grimdwa.2461

grimdwa.2461

One of my favorite MMOs next to GW2 is Lord of the Rings online.
Mounts were some of the most fashionable items in LOTRO, but served no other purpose than transportations.
A year ago, like World of Warcraft, LOTRO was stagnating and players started to get bored but when the developers of LOTRO got to the expansion when they got to Rohan they found out they had to include combat to the mounts.
Their approach to mounted combat was trully revolutionary in the world of MMOs and revived gameplay entirely, combat was once more fun and gameplay far more dynamic.
Of course this meant that the developers of LOTRO had to create areas in which would be able to make the most out of mounted combat, whilst still making those areas friendly to players on foot.

GW2 could seriously benefit from mounted combat if they take a page from LOTRO and not being relegated to horses as was Turbine ( LOTRO’S developers) due to storyline, Anet could use a wide variety of mounts, from horses to wolfs, to tanks to griffins, etc.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

A year ago, like World of Warcraft, LOTRO was stagnating and players started to get bored but when the developers of LOTRO got to the expansion when they got to Rohan they found out they had to include combat to the mounts.
Their approach to mounted combat was trully revolutionary in the world of MMOs and revived gameplay entirely, combat was once more fun and gameplay far more dynamic.

Well after that rant I just had to go look at youtube. Lol. It look hilarous. Especially those clips with fast enough horses that they are powersliding, I almost expected a hoof burnout! Combat look stiff and attacks dont really “connect”.

Now, if they could make something like Mount And Blade I can imagine it being good. Oh and replace the horses with Charr.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

I’m all for mounts as long as its like the witch’s broom. No speed buff or anything like that, Just a cool way to move around.

#ELEtism

in Suggestions

Posted by: grimdwa.2461

grimdwa.2461

Now, if they could make something like Mount And Blade I can imagine it being good. Oh and replace the horses with Charr.[/quote]

I havent played mount and Blade, but what I saw in youtube does have appeal. LOTROs combat does have some similarities, but theres a lot more to LOTRO mounted combat, than what you probably saw in youtube, specially considering that the mount in LOTRO gains exp. and traits of its own, making the rider and mount 2 separate characters that ride and work as one; also when I used the mount the hits connected pretty well, and like MAB you needed plenty of skill and strategy for the fight.
Like I said LOTRO is restricted to horses due to storyline ( no Charrs in LOTR) , but Anet could even use Devourers or even add vehicles like Charr tanks.
Anet’s cretive team could likely be able to improble many times over LOTRO and MABs mounted combat design, but it would probably take a GW3 to implement the nesesary changes to the game.
If Anet wanted to add mounted combat in GW2 it would be suggested to make the mounts available in a WvW or PvP created for such purpose.

in Suggestions

Posted by: bluerunner.5109

bluerunner.5109

Why mounts? Cause they are F’ing cool and I want one!!! No other reason needed!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lightfang.1670

Lightfang.1670

as long as Anet works hard to even things out so that all players can be happy, low and high leveled, i think mounts would be a great addition to the game. i would enjoy it even if it were just a mere extension of the normal speed or even just the great design.