Monthly - salvage kit usage - too high?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Torpian.9142

Torpian.9142

Does anyone else feel that salvaging 500 items per month is too high? I feel that 300 would be more achievable. I understand why it’s there, people buy the extra stuff from the trade post to make up the numbers, but still… am I the only one who feels 500 is a bit extreme?

Wardens of Myth, Tarnished Coast

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phoenix.7845

Phoenix.7845

If you salvage white items in addition to regular salvage items you should have no problem in getting 500 salvages per month.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I salvage almost all the stuff I pick up, but I’m done with the other monthlies long before hitting 500 salvages.

in Suggestions

Torpian.9142

Yeah same. I salvage everything and I play around 3-4 hours per day. By the end of the month the only chance I have to finish the monthly is via salvaging and each month I end up spending a fair chunk of money on salvageable items from the trade post just to make up the numbers. I guess it stimulates the economy, which is why they have the number so high.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

I can’t see why it would ever be necessary to purchase anything from the TP. I already have this months at over 375 salvaged, and that’s with only logging on for a few hours a night to do my dailies. I find salvaging one of the easiest ones to do each month without spending any money for anything other then salvage kits.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

These monthlies come naturally:
- dailies x 4 – 4 days
- 100 events – first week
- 100 veterans – first week

And then I have the choice for monthly number 4 between
- jumping puzzles
- fractal runs
- and salvaging

I usually just run around and do some of the easier jumping puzzles n a couple of hours which is a fairly quick affair for my boyfriend and myself, plus you end up getting chests (not amazing, but a nice bonus). If you absolutely hate jumping puzzles though… fractals?

The fractal runs needed for monthlies is also fairly quick, especially at low fractal leveles. I’ve only just started doing fractals, and 2 or 3 nights of fractals should do the trick. That’s only 3 fractal runs, and you don’t even have to complete the third run. If you never ever want to do fractals though… AND you hate jumping puzzles… salvaging.

And this is without even taking WvW into consideration at all.

So, salvaging, even though it is the easiest task ever, is only #6 (out of 4) on my personal list – all while always being on my to-do list as I salvage a lot through normal play. When it feels less of a hassle to run dungeons or jumping puzzles, then I think the number of salvages needed is too high.

(edited by Pixelpumpkin.4608)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I always concider doing the salvaging, but you have to salvage 16 items every day in order to accomplish it. My main means of completing dailies is to run the last four event chain in Harathi Hinterlands. It completes an increadible number of tasks. Four events completes the monthly in 25 days if I do nothing else. I can get anywhere from 5-10 veterans completing the monthly in a couple weeks if I do nothing else. If I do nothing else the longest it takes to complete the 4 dailies is a week, because sometimes I just can’t get enough out of it, like Maguma, Ascalon and Shiverpeak requirements. I can acquire a lot of salvage items, but I don’t like to salvage equipment because it’s worth more as cash, and I definately don’t get 16 every day. I don’t know that I get 16 daily even if I did salvage everything.

I think 300 would be more reasonable. It would definately bring this task in line with the rest of them for the amount of actual effort needed to complete it.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Torpian.9142

You make a good point. Either sell the stuff and make some cash or complete the monthly. Are the laurels worth the money your losing by salvaging? Depends on what your character needs I guess.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

Does anyone else feel that salvaging 500 items per month is too high? I feel that 300 would be more achievable. I understand why it’s there, people buy the extra stuff from the trade post to make up the numbers, but still… am I the only one who feels 500 is a bit extreme?

You are kidding right?

600 / 30 = 16. How is recycling 16 items/day “a lot” ? There are tons of way to make items. Doing your daily achievements will surely drop you the items you need.

If it you are in a hurry and are missing a few items buy some white with very low prices.

in Suggestions

JubeiTM.5763

You make a good point. Either sell the stuff and make some cash or complete the monthly. Are the laurels worth the money your losing by salvaging? Depends on what your character needs I guess.

Well, you can get the ascended amulet. It’s the only way to get it. Besides, there are the mystic coins, very important for future upgrades.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

No, keep it high.

I only salvage stuff where they give me extos, and its not better to sell them. Otherwise you usualy make a loss on salvaging.

But i sell all those salvage items i pick up over the month on the first couple of days after the new monthly pops up, where the price it 3-4 times its usual level…make a great profit!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

I think it was a good idea.

For me personally, I used the Monthly Salvages only as a means to achieve the monthly within the first 48 hours.

Plus I rather liked salvaging like 400 things.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mist Y.5214

Mist Y.5214

600 / 30 = 16. How is recycling 16 items/day “a lot” ? There are tons of way to make items. Doing your daily achievements will surely drop you the items you need.

The Daily Recycler, which doesn’t pop up most days, only requires you to salvage 10 items. If 10 every few days is worthy of an achievement point, by that logic 16 EVERY day is a lot.
I get my salvaging done within a couple of weeks, and I never finish the monthly JPs, but without making any sort of effort, all the other achievements are done about twice as soon, so there’s clearly some imbalance there.

in Suggestions

JubeiTM.5763

You should salvage every day not only for the achievement. The achievements are there as hints to help inexperienced players to improve their overall game-play efficiency.

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

It’s a bit on the steep side, it’s not something you get by playing an hour a day. On the other hand, it’s not a high amount either. Last month I got 480 salvages before reset. It was a bit lulzy.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

Posted by: jessikajayne.8157

jessikajayne.8157

I hit 500 in a couple days, you can salvage trophys also you know..

in Suggestions

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

eh wut?

500 is not too high btw, easy to get because of the high drops of loot.

in Suggestions

Posted by: jessikajayne.8157

jessikajayne.8157

eh wut?

500 is not too high btw, easy to get because of the high drops of loot.

Not all of them but worn rag and etc etc are all salvageable.