More Guild Member Information

in Suggestions

Posted by: Plum.3584

Plum.3584

The guild set up is amazing right now, but it could use a little tweaks.

Last logged in
It would be great to see when a user either last logged in, or last represented the guild (both would be great). When a guild gets high in member count it becomes difficult to remember who hasn’t logged in, and would be nice to be able to trim out those who haven’t been online in a month or so.

Levels
Right now you can only see a guild mate’s level if you’re in the “roster” section of the guild tab. It’d be nice if the guild treated them as if they were mutual friends and you could hover over their name in the regular guild menu to see their level.

Announcements
Would be nice to have announcements of when guild members log in or represent, and when a new person joins the the guild. Also an announcement with the guild message of the day every time someone logs in/represents.

(edited by Moderator)

in Suggestions

Posted by: italia.6524

italia.6524

/petition signed – fully agree.

Last logged in or bust.

Me @Twitch Merciless-Guild.com Commander, tamer of Centaurs.

in Suggestions

Posted by: shiandi.5064

shiandi.5064

/signed,

the current system makes it hard for guild leaders to keep on top of things. We could also really really really really (I can’t stress how much) do with

1/ officer chat (desperately needed )
2/ message of the day actually announcing in guild chat. ATM it’s kinda pointless.
3/ an option to announce people logging into and out of the guild
4/ to be able to make notes, in my guild we use real life names and it’s hard to keep track of who’s who.
5/ an option to see how much of the time people are representing the guild. If someones only represented once, then they might as well not be in it. Or if someone represented us 100% since joining they should be rewarded.
6/ a guild calendar or some way for members to sign up for guild/ group events

(edited by shiandi.5064)

in Suggestions

Plum.3584

Definitely agree with the message of the day. It’s amazing how many people never even glance at the guild menu. Same with the logging in and out, no one ever knows when someone logs in or even when a new person joins.

in Suggestions

Posted by: lethlora.1320

lethlora.1320

There also needs to be something done about character names. It’s hard to remember who is who in guild chat because people will log on with many different characters. An option to use player tags instead of character names in guild chat would be nice.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crash.7910

Crash.7910

+1 to this

I have a small guild (only 18 members) but it’s nice to know if I’ve just missed playing with someone cause they just logged off or if they haven’t actually played in 2 weeks.

Also the percentage of time spent representing is an awesome idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azulia.1745

Azulia.1745

/signed
It is really difficult to run a guild without some of the above options.
Officer chat is desperately needed.

~Azabella~DragonBrand- Ministry of the Crescent Moon-
http://crescentmoondragonbrand.guildlaunch.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Last logged in is really essential for any guild of more than about 50, GW1 had it so GW2 should have had it.

I’d also add a revamp of the roster screen to make it look it less like an excel spreadsheet and more like a guild roster.

The guild roster is in serious need of revamping to be anything other than barely functional, and I would argue its not even that.

I would have it laid out as such

MyGuild:nnn/guildcap, xx online, yy representing:

Leader 1/1
Shanaeri Rynale
Senior officers 5/10
XXX
YYY

ZZZ Last logged in 2 hours ago
Members 145/260

hfhf Last logged in 4 hours ago
wewq Last Logged in 2 days ago.
So and so last logged in 10 days ago.

Tbh stuff like crafting level and achievement points mean nothing to me as a guild leader.

While i’m at it. Adding the option to see when guildies login and logout in guild chat would also be fantastic.

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

(edited by Shanaeri Rynale.6897)

in Suggestions

Plum.3584

Seriously I never look at the crafting section of the roster haha. Even the level option is kind of useless since every character from one account is technically in a guild.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Darx.9842

Darx.9842

Yes we really need this. Guilds keep growing and growing in size, but a majority of the players aren’t even playing or aren’t even representing.

I’d also advocate only show people in the guild window that are currently representing. Countless times I’ve tried to talk to someone through guild chat only to learn that they aren’t even representing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: shogei.8015

shogei.8015

If the % of time a player spends representing a guild is difficult, could you just list the total influence that player has contributed to the guild? It would have to be total influence, not just influence on the server you are currently sitting on.

The influence per server is a separate annoyance altogether.

Guild warrior for life!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raine Akrune.8416

Raine Akrune.8416

/signed,

the current system makes it hard for guild leaders to keep on top of things. We could also really really really really (I can’t stress how much) do with

2/ message of the day actually announcing in guild chat. ATM it’s kinda pointless.
4/ to be able to make notes, in my guild we use real life names and it’s hard to keep track of who’s who.
5/ an option to see how much of the time people are representing the guild. If someones only represented once, then they might as well not be in it. Or if someone represented us 100% since joining they should be rewarded.

Best list of guild system suggestions yet. /signed

Asuran Master Thief/Charr Paladin Extraordinaire
Khan of The Burning Eden [TBE]
www.theburningeden.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: MrsAngelD.6971

MrsAngelD.6971

/signed,

I agree we definitely need all of these things. Running a guild right now is kinda difficult.

in Suggestions

Posted by: xenkaidos.1285

xenkaidos.1285

I agree completely. The guild needs more functionality. Officer chat is handy, but not entirely necessary (use VOIP programs and save time). Announcements in-game are a huge help. Last login is a MUST! And if you’re going to allow people to represent via GW ID, allow us to see ALL alts via mouseover or click menu so we can check levels, crafting levels, etc for ease of access.

in Suggestions

Posted by: UndeadPriest.8632

UndeadPriest.8632

Maybe it’s already been mentioned but the guild information I would like
is

For Each Member, the ability to Drill down on the characters they have that are representing the guild
That shows Character Level, All Crafting Levels, the last time the Character was logged in, and Total Influence earned toward guild.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kuzzi.2198

Kuzzi.2198

+10
We desperately need more guild member information. I agree with all the suggestions in this thread.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sister Xing.9072

Sister Xing.9072

I very much agree with this. It would make my life sooo much easier as a guild leader.
Also I think it would be nice to have a guild mailing option. So if i want to host an event I can send out a mass mail to everyone in my guild. ^-^

Lalaith Nimdae (Nim), Level 80 Ranger
Sactum of Rall
Guild Wars community member since Aug 2006

in Suggestions

Posted by: MrsAngelD.6971

MrsAngelD.6971

We also need a buff indicator on the UI for when things like +10% to magic find are active as of right now there is no way to even tell it’s active unless you happen to look at the upgrades tab.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Spider.5347

Spider.5347

I agree. More guild info is a must! especially the last logged in and something to show level of representing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Naor.5106

Naor.5106

/signed
A must have in a guild menu!

in Suggestions

Plum.3584

We also need a buff indicator on the UI for when things like +10% to magic find are active as of right now there is no way to even tell it’s active unless you happen to look at the upgrades tab.

This would be really great as well.