More RP elements please?

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: datus.4187

datus.4187

Title says it. The world of Tyria is so beautiful, and I’d like to be able to enjoy it in more ways than just action and combat. The game seems almost too fast paced at times, and I’d really love some downtime.

A major improvement in my mind would be if chairs were interactive, so we could sit in them. There are interiors in the game that are so breathtakingly beautiful and I feel it a shame that players are unable to utilize such environments. The hunting lodge for instance, in Queensdale.

Other things I would like to see perhaps, are the ability to play an instrument, or play a game of darts, or maybe checkers… be able to smoke a pipe, or sit down and have a drink. Things of that nature. Things that will implore us to gather and bond in a different way. I believe role-playing elements like these, really strengthen a game’s community.

Thanks!

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daenji.5280

Daenji.5280

I support this and would love to see more work done to expand the roleplaying and non-combat side of the game. At least one pretty cool idea already made it in for music but I’d love to see much more of it.

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaiserin.4781

Kaiserin.4781

Agreed – if not interactive chairs, then at least something like a /sitchair ability so that we can actually look like we’re sitting in a chair properly if there is one nearby. There are a lot of little RP ‘toys’ though all in the world, just look around at things laying on the ground and check all merchants. Yesterday I found one that sells sylvari seedlings that sprout into trees!

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cabbit.2591

Cabbit.2591

Title says it. The world of Tyria is so beautiful, and I’d like to be able to enjoy it in more ways than just action and combat. The game seems almost too fast paced at times, and I’d really love some downtime.

A major improvement in my mind would be if chairs were interactive, so we could sit in them. There are interiors in the game that are so breathtakingly beautiful and I feel it a shame that players are unable to utilize such environments. The hunting lodge for instance, in Queensdale.

Other things I would like to see perhaps, are the ability to play an instrument, or play a game of darts, or maybe checkers… be able to smoke a pipe, or sit down and have a drink. Things of that nature. Things that will implore us to gather and bond in a different way. I believe role-playing elements like these, really strengthen a game’s community.

Thanks!

Brilliant! Sit-able chairs would be great! Just last evening I was thinking it would be very nice to have something like chairs so you could sit around the taverns. The idea of music, games you could play with other players, smoking, all lend to deepening the game experience and a sense of community. I couldn’t agree more with this post.

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raedwulf.3712

Raedwulf.3712

Unfortunately, things like that only strengthen the community if the community is RP-minded. Personally, I’d love to see stuff like that; pragmatically, I’m happy to accept that it’ll be a low priority & we’re unlikely to see any of it any time soon.

Guild Leader, The White Company, Piken Square

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bailee.1427

Bailee.1427

Oh yes! Cheers for chairs!!! Yes Yes Yes please.

People may forget what you teach them, but they never forget how you treat them.

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Cabbit.2591

Unfortunately, things like that only strengthen the community if the community is RP-minded. Personally, I’d love to see stuff like that; pragmatically, I’m happy to accept that it’ll be a low priority & we’re unlikely to see any of it any time soon.

Rp-minded or not, the ability to interact with the environment has always been a plus in an RPG, MMO or not. It adds dimension to the game, regardless of ability or willingness to RP. Clearly you would want that ability should housing come to fruition. It seems like a natural to me.

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: ReinoudM.5931

ReinoudM.5931

Add RP servers.

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: DippyDragon.3180

DippyDragon.3180

OMG yes please – more RP related content. Usable chairs and couches, variety of sit poses, variety of standing idle poses, BOTH types of kneel for everyone, more dance options (especially slower dances)… the list is endless, but the above would make life much better. Oh, and the ability to mute stupid NPCs that clog up all of the RP areas. We don’t need large numbers of NPCs in taverns, as we fill them ourselves. Anet call it a “social game” well where are the social interaction emotes? Please guys, put a couple of devs on the case whilst the majority work on the bugs and issues everyone else wants sorting…. please?

~~ The Tarnished Coast ~~
[i7 6700 Skylake – 32Gb RAM – 240GB SSD – GTX970 – Corsair Water Cooling]

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: TottWriter.8591

TottWriter.8591

Having things such as interactive chairs and additional animated emotes would be lovely.

So far the world is beautiful, but it feels as though we can’t grab hold of it.

I don’t know that we necessarily need RP servers as such, though it would be nice to get some recognition from the developers that RPers are here and welcome in the game. In a game which encourages interaction and immersion, it seems a shame that there hasn’t been one mention of the idea of Roleplaying from the developers.

To buy character slots or not to buy character slots. That is the test of my restraint.

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Noystos.8631

Noystos.8631

This post just made my day. Yes yes and yes!

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phoenix the One.4071

Phoenix the One.4071

I don’t know why this isn’t alrdy ingame… Even wow got this-__- if something is good, steal it!(red. Idea)

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deep Dew.3519

Deep Dew.3519

i want to make my band again! /guitar /drums /flute /violin

“I promise I’ll be careful. I’m thinking long-term, here.
If I don’t blow anything up now,
there will be more to blow up later.” – Cynn

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

datus.4187

@ Deep Dew – Good times.

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: ExiledDiclonius.1653

ExiledDiclonius.1653

+1 It would be nice thing to have fun with guild or other ppl drinking in pub and doing anything except standing in one place, runing circles or jumping like an i*. And if it comes to playing instrument’s, I’d love to see something like in LotRO. It would be insane to play Indiana Jones theme on flute, or Imperial March from Star Wars etc.

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: ragecryx.7084

ragecryx.7084

+1 both about furniture and about mini games (more Golem Chess please!). I think the great halls of Hoelbrak totally deserve such additions.

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fenrir Bartea.5917

Fenrir Bartea.5917

I agree with what a few others have mentioned, the world is breathtakingly beautiful and I’d love to be able to interact with it more fully. I’d like to see more options to interact with my environment and npcs with more meaningful dialogue or perhaps something as simple as stock answers that are better personalized to their areas.
In my home instance for example I wouldn’t mind hearing the townspeople say things like “Welcome home, Hero” “Commander eh?…I remember when you were just a street rat.” or something (less cheesy) along those lines, depending on where I am in my personal story.

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aeson Thackery.5927

Aeson Thackery.5927

Definitely yes!

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

I concur. It would make the beautiful environment feel more alive.

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

I have a list of 20 RP related suggestions scattered through this forum…
custom chat channels, RP instances of public places like taverns and Minister Wi’s Mansion, user definable colored emotes (so they can be read easier), player houses that allow more than 5 people, increased party size, IC/OOC chat channels, disable NPC dialog and bubbles…

This message is approved by the Give The Role Players What They Want Association

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: amontillado.1937

amontillado.1937

Amen.

My number one request for this game is the ability to sit in chairs.

Number two is to give me the option to NOT have my female characters standing around with hands on hips acting like a bored spoiled little girl, or stretching and sitting in such a “come hither” fashion.

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

disable NPC dialog and bubbles…

did you actually think what you wrote or you just wrote to fill up a list? What would’ve been next? Disable audio and eliminate the cutscenes?

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

The Asura.

Need a techno-tavern.

It’d give people reason to go to Rata Sum for RP.

Oh, and another thing.

THE ASURA NEED BEDS. Yes, genius never sleeps, but it needs a place to lay it’s head while it muses.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

robinsiebler.3801

disable NPC dialog and bubbles…

did you actually think what you wrote or you just wrote to fill up a list? What would’ve been next? Disable audio and eliminate the cutscenes?

Yes, I mean it. I am talking about specific NPCs that are only there for color. I do not need to hear/see that the bartender’s wife (in the Hunting Lodge) is pregnant 20 times in one day.

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

robinsiebler.3801

No, if you stand in the lodge for an hour or two, you will see/hear it 20 times. I, and many people, RP in the taverns.

I do not grind/farm and I rarely gain even a single XP.

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hyral.4168

Hyral.4168

Even for non-RPers, I mean how much could they complain. Most these issues are the skillset of an animator / coder, not necessarily the same guys who are going to be ironing out event bugs.

I would really like to see more RP stuff thrown in, especially since we’ve been given so many prompts. Dyes, town clothes, transmute potions… To include all these things in the first place is proffer to RPing. None of them are enjoyable in combat or tactical gathering situations, which comprises the entire rest of the game.

Interactive chairs, barber shops, profiles, whatever you guys can think up would go a long way.

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

datus.4187

Even for non-RPers, I mean how much could they complain. Most these issues are the skillset of an animator / coder, not necessarily the same guys who are going to be ironing out event bugs.

I would really like to see more RP stuff thrown in, especially since we’ve been given so many prompts. Dyes, town clothes, transmute potions… To include all these things in the first place is proffer to RPing. None of them are enjoyable in combat or tactical gathering situations, which comprises the entire rest of the game.

Interactive chairs, barber shops, profiles, whatever you guys can think up would go a long way.

Very good points.

What about the mundane aspects of Roleplaying a character? Do I speak only for myself when I say, that I miss those days where you had to eat, or sleep… or feed your pets? Surely I don’t expect that level of depth – RP wise – in GW2 but, I certainly wouldn’t complain.

Anet has taken a very critical look at the direction and failures of current MMOs. I hope they can continue to ponder these ideas as well because, I really think this would improve the state of modern MMOs, as well as create a better, more mature community.

(edited by datus.4187)

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shandim.8694

Shandim.8694

You can play the Pipe Organ in Ebonhawke

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Camulos.7869

Camulos.7869

The Asura.

Need a techno-tavern.

It’d give people reason to go to Rata Sum for RP.

Oh, and another thing.

THE ASURA NEED BEDS. Yes, genius never sleeps, but it needs a place to lay it’s head while it muses.

Asura do not drink, it lowers their intelligence.

I don’t play Asura so I’m just guessing

Yes, interactive chairs. Right now I feel as if from the time I’m logged on, I always have to be moving. To me that’s a grind. Chairs could slow the pace down so people do not feel shoved along zone to zone.

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheRamosOnline.2670

TheRamosOnline.2670

Mess with the speech range more.
Being able to see /say and /emotes from miles away floods the chat. WoW got the distance right, I think.
GW2 has emotes display to almost the entire map. Can get a little hectic at times…

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

I feel a lot of people are trying to get this game to turn more into a Sims 3 – where you have so much customization and so much real-life elements, that the point of the fantasy-action becomes lost.

I’m all for these realistic things to do, however I do worry about people trying to turn it into the Sims 3 with fantasy and action.

Just my two cents!

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Elric.6971

Elric.6971

I would like to support more RP options, in particular, it would be nice to have a way to log our chats/specific chat channels.

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Acaelus Thorne.3862

Acaelus Thorne.3862

That is just an excellent idea, Arenanet please you must approve this wonderful idea

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chaz.1835

Chaz.1835

I completely agree with this. I love the world the game designers have crafted but something I would love to do is really interact with it. Let us sit down in chairs or at tables in taverns and things of this nature. Just imagine spinning tales of adventure with your friend in the tavern and planning your next course of action.

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: dalendria.3762

dalendria.3762

Agree with OP. mini-games would be fun. I always like when a game lets you sit in chair.
There could also be race-specific mini-games.

Can you feel it? HOT HOT HOT

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Cabbit.2591

Someone mentioned barber shops. Loved that in WoW. The abundance of dye colors is awesome in the game but would love to see something like the clothing system in LotRO. Best I’ve seen to date.

I’d throw those into the request too, but heck chairs and darts would still be an excellent first start!

To the poster that is afraid of RP elements. You don’t have to use them but why deny them from those of us that feel it enhances the game. Hack and slash, though fun, gets old fast. The more interactive, the better.

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: thealienamongus.1968

thealienamongus.1968

I would love more interaction with the environment (chairs etc) , a barber, a proper clothing system (lotro/rift), a more manageable Minipet system etc

@lookitsandrea.8531
GW2 is an mmoRPG it is only natural that people who RP would want more freedom/ways to do so

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Cabbit.2591

Not to harp on about chairs, which I think are a basic in any game, I found it strange there was no “thanks” or “goodbye” emotes? I would think those would be kind of basic, too.

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

robinsiebler.3801

/hug! Kitten it! I kitten people all the time iRL and in-game. So do lots of other RPers. How could this have been left out to begin with?

Brought to you by A Kitten With A Keyboard.

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Cabbit.2591

/hug! Kitten it! I kitten people all the time iRL and in-game. So do lots of other RPers. How could this have been left out to begin with?

I support your enthusiasm but I don’t like /hug (or any other emote that forces you to accept ‘touchy stuff’) unless you can toggle acceptance. Some people I just don’t want hugging me!

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sartheris.8456

Sartheris.8456

Agree completely. One of the things I loved most in WOW was when I climbed some unreachable place, to sit down there, make a campfire and enjoy the view.
So I am asking for:
- Ability to make a campfire. And please let it stay for more than 5 mins so we can actually enjoy it (you can put some cooldown on it so it wont be spammed)
- Ability to make a camp (this just got in my mind) – like the above but with a tent, where you can sleep.
- Casual activities – fishing, some kind of competitive games in the cities and in the taverns, poker maybe

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

robinsiebler.3801

I support your enthusiasm but I don’t like /hug (or any other emote that forces you to accept ‘touchy stuff’) unless you can toggle acceptance. Some people I just don’t want hugging me!

I respect your desire to not be touched. Give the player a “Don’t touch me!” option.

Brought to you by the Give The Role Player What They Want Foundation

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Cabbit.2591

I respect your desire to not be touched. Give the player a “Don’t touch me!” option.

Brought to you by the Give The Role Player What They Want Foundation

I agree. That’s what I meant by ‘toggle acceptance’.

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Undermine.1678

Undermine.1678

In Graphic Based games, the RP element is lost forever.

True role playing was back 10-15 years ago in the days of the MUSH, MUD where everything was text based and you were required to dress up your character with words and a story background.

Events occurred through conversation.

Do Live Action RP or join drama because it does not exist in Graphic Games anymore.

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

Chars you can sit in for sure,
I’d also love to see climbable ladders with character climbing animations and all.

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Undermine, I am sorry you haven’t seen all the RP going on. Tonight I RPd my Guardian’s PS with a friend and while traveling to the PS waypoint we happened on some other RPers chatting about swimming across to an island. I’ve seen RP just about anywhere it was safe to stop long enough to type a line. Which means not in Orr shudder

I’ve been RPing since the late 1970’s. Pen and Paper, MUDs, LARPs, MMOs, online mail-in-move games, online tabletops. I played WoW for 7 years (technically still do, if I can find the time away from Tyria) in heavy RP guilds and even now the RP on my WoW server is going full steam ahead. Before GW2 launch my guild had RP in forums and live chat that established many characters solidly even before we could make them for “real.”

A lot of it is just typing out custom emotes but the more visual tools to aid the better. So on-topic yes, sittable chairs, expanded animated emote options, more choices in town clothes (oh, how I want that pirate outfit from the drinking contest for my street rat’s town clothes!), all the bells and whistles requested in all the threads on this topic. Yes yes yes. I have faith it’s coming; still I will keep chiming in on the requests until ANet gives us a position.

Um, that sounds like I’m nagging. Not meant to. I just want to continue to support anything that will help RP flourish. It’s why I stayed with WoW so long, after all — the people and the stories.

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pixel Seven.5472

Pixel Seven.5472

I always thought RP’ing was mostly about your imagination. Not that I wouldn’t mind most of the things mentioned here.

Server: Desolation
Aliases: Nukkavieru, Äpärä, Vahinkolapsi, Nirpp

More RP elements please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

YAY for this stuff xD even those who don’t play RP I know also have times where they are tired, bored and need a breather. Some things are quite stressful in game. So we see people randomly dancing, fooling around with tonics and eventually gathers a group of bored people haha so interactive environment where you can actually feel like you’re getting a breather would be nice.