More Synergy between WvW and PVE

in Suggestions

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

When your world successful in WvW – all server both in pve and wvw got bonuses, but thats only one way thing.

My suggest is – make PVE affect WvW in same way. A-net don’t even have to do much.

Just add bonuses (or debuffs, but people don’t like debuffs) for killing world bosses and Temples. And Hardest event – highest bonus, like Balthazar Temple and Tequatl (And it is should fix problem with always contested Balthazar and made Tequatl more desire to kill)
WvW players will help PVE (like it works now) and PVE will help WvW. Perfect synergy.

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neek.9531

Neek.9531

No thank you. As an avid WvW player I solely like to focus on WvW. I can’t stand PvE because there’s no challenge or satisfaction. Don’t get me wrong, dungeons and some meta events are great but that stuff please keep over in PvE. I have a lot of stuff to do in WvW, there’s never nothing you can’t do, but the thought of having to go to PvE and kill a boss for a buff or fear of a debuff sounds horrible. Servers with a larger population would get an instant advantage. I can’t tell you when I was in teamspeak with my guild when I asked what the red flame was on the wvw map and they said it was a PvE event I moaned. These things distract from the actual objective and don’t really belong in WvW. And guess what when I groaned with disgust, my guildies laughed saying that everyone of them had the same reaction. So though your idea would be great for bringing the server together as a whole, maybe it shouldn’t be. Right now nothing is broken between the separation of Pve and WvW so why change it. kindly pushes PvE away with a stick and draws a line in the sand

[DI] Main Elementalist: Zepdo, Alts: Warrior, Mesmer,Thief.

(edited by Neek.9531)

in Suggestions

knbBlackTemplar.3059

No thank you. As an avid WvW player I solely like to focus on WvW. I can’t stand PvE because there’s no challenge or satisfaction. Don’t get me wrong, dungeons and some meta events are great but that stuff please keep over in PvE. I have a lot of stuff to do in WvW, there’s never nothing you can’t do, but the thought of having to go to PvE and kill a boss for a buff or fear of a debuff sounds horrible. Servers with a larger population would get an instant advantage. I can’t tell you when I was in teamspeak with my guild when I asked what the red flame was on the wvw map and they said it was a PvE event I moaned. These things distract from the actual objective and don’t really belong in WvW. And guess what when I groaned with disgust, my guildies laughed saying that everyone of them had the same reaction. So though your idea would be great for bringing the server together as a whole, maybe it shouldn’t be. Right now nothing is broken between the separation of Pve and WvW so why change it. kindly pushes PvE away with a stick and draws a line in the sand

Cmon, pve players will kill those bosses anyway. But with bonuses that will be payback for WvW players who gave us bonuses in pve world.

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

in Suggestions

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

That would make it even more unbalanced.

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

in Suggestions

knbBlackTemplar.3059

How? Every player should work for his server prosperity.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

How? Large servers will have a LOT more people doing those events, if all those events give bonuses to the server in WvW that would make it very imbalanced as the smaller servers will not have that. No.

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

in Suggestions

knbBlackTemplar.3059

How? Large servers will have a LOT more people doing those events, if all those events give bonuses to the server in WvW that would make it very imbalanced as the smaller servers will not have that. No.

Smaller servers fights with smaller servers on WvW, no? There’s ladder, no?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

How? Every player should work for his server prosperity.

It would give yet more benefits to the high-pop servers, which are much more likely to clear those temples and world bosses on a regular basis.

If anything, a change like this should be something that benefits lower populations that want to have at least an illusion of balance in WvW.

Smaller servers fights with smaller servers on WvW, no? There’s ladder, no?

There is a ladder, but it’s essentially meaningless with the current matchmaking system.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

with the current season being absolutely broken (servers pulling 280,000 points while others in that team are pulling 80-120k points….), there is no need to make that gap even worse.

While i like you idea of making PvE add to the server’s over all, I cannot think of a good way to make it happen with the current encounters (except maybe based on Tequalt 2.0).

If you tagged the World Bosses to add 1% to a stat everytime its killed, that 1% becomes 100% in under 1 day. So that won’t work.

If you tagged an instance, say CoF, on completion of all paths server gets 1% added to each players damage, again that 1% would become 100% in a matter of hours.

Do you see the pattern?

with out a weekly encounter, or some timegated encounter, there is no logical way for what you want to happen with out it being completely unbalanced.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

in Suggestions

knbBlackTemplar.3059

with the current season being absolutely broken (servers pulling 280,000 points while others in that team are pulling 80-120k points….), there is no need to make that gap even worse.

While i like you idea of making PvE add to the server’s over all, I cannot think of a good way to make it happen with the current encounters (except maybe based on Tequalt 2.0).

If you tagged the World Bosses to add 1% to a stat everytime its killed, that 1% becomes 100% in under 1 day. So that won’t work.

If you tagged an instance, say CoF, on completion of all paths server gets 1% added to each players damage, again that 1% would become 100% in a matter of hours.

Do you see the pattern?

with out a weekly encounter, or some timegated encounter, there is no logical way for what you want to happen with out it being completely unbalanced.

ofcourse there’s should be limits.. and bonuses not necessarily must be a stat increases, i doubt a-net can create tons of possible improves

in Suggestions

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Do you see the pattern?

ofcourse there’s should be limits.. and bonuses not necessarily must be a stat increases, i doubt a-net can create tons of possible improves

Only thing I can think of is a PvE World Experience bar. that applies to a random Stat based on World participation. Example; You run an instance you gain your world .2% of that experience to unlock that stat. each unlock needs to mirror WvW (1%, 2%, 3%…ect). But instead of PvE/Gathering/MF Benefits, maybe WvW benefits (faster build/repair times, stronger upgrades (better then reinforced?). Unlock Legendary Guards at the Garrison for X time. Stuff like that?

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neek.9531

Neek.9531

Cmon, pve players will kill those bosses anyway. But with bonuses that will be payback for WvW players who gave us bonuses in pve world.

1. Not always the case, I play on Eredon Terrace which is a smaller server we rarely have a temple open or defeat Tequatle. This idea of PvE buffs us then WvW buffs PvE back would last a short while unless the buff actually had impact. However, this just provides even more worries for smaller populated servers that higher tier servers have extra people to spare.
2. The only way I could see this being possible would be for effects that only effect each individual charter such as magic find. A harmless stat like that would go fine and actually be nice for WvW-PvE synergy yet some meta events are difficult still with a full server rallied. Lets say you kill Tequatle and gain 150% magic find buff the higher level servers will have this buff MUCH more often then the lower ones. Not saying this will happen, but influx of people yet again to the bigger servers.
I’m not saying this is guaranteed to happen, but simply my speculation.

[DI] Main Elementalist: Zepdo, Alts: Warrior, Mesmer,Thief.