Motivation

Motivation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Genophix.3098

Genophix.3098

Heya guys,

More and more I’m seeing players I know saying they have no motivation to play Guild Wars 2. Even though I’m kinda happy and still really loving the game I do see there isn’t a great deal to do once your level 80. I know AN have said its more about the journey rather than the end game but I still feel like we could do with more ‘reason to log in’ other than dailies. I know we will never see a gear treadmill or ‘carrot’ so how about this.

Back to my suggestion, seems like something most players DO want is Gems. So why not make Gems a reward for a select few activities.

I’m thinking, all players in the winning faction get 200 (or whatever) gems for a weekly win. I don’t know of course but maybe that would really get people motivated to get fighting.

Or how about this, every time your server wins WvsW you get a token, three tokens and you can trade it in for a precursor?

These are just ideas but what I’m driving at is there are lots of things GW2 players do want so why not use them to get the playerbase motivated to win or engage in some of the areas that have been quiet.

Thankyou for reading

Genophix.

Motivation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cele.5467

Cele.5467

3 coins for a precursor… i don’t think that’s a very good idea, because you would get yourself 1-3 legionaries fast and stop playing altogether…

I believe motivation does not come out of big rewards. but the experiences you get in the game, i have found Guild events and activities quite the motivation to keep playing Gw2

if guilds get more activities and getting into a guild, even a small one becomes easier, it can be really fun

Im a photographer, Visit my website :D http://cele-cam.deviantart.com/

Motivation

in Suggestions

Genophix.3098

3 coins for a precursor… i don’t think that’s a very good idea, because you would get yourself 1-3 legionaries fast and stop playing altogether…

I believe motivation does not come out of big rewards. but the experiences you get in the game, i have found Guild events and activities quite the motivation to keep playing Gw2

if guilds get more activities and getting into a guild, even a small one becomes easier, it can be really fun

If your right and if people acquired a few legendary weapons they would then quit then your kinda agreeing with me aren’t you? We shouldn’t have an almost unattainable item holding us in a game, we should be playing because we are having fun or at least feel the satisfaction of some sort of progression towards a goal.

I can only really comment on what I would do and what I think ofc but I think having better access to the legendary weapons would enhance my game and make me enjoy the toons I have more. As it stands now feel like I’ll never get one, even if I had the precursor I couldn’t afford to 100s of good for items etc. I play every day but I don’t grind dungeons so have never had more that 65g. I know you could say that I’m not willing to earn it but if you start grinding for weeks and weeks your not having fun and this seems like a waste of my time.

You mention guild missions, I agree they are really well done and a brilliant addition to the game. Unfortunately so many people have stopped playing in my guild now that we can’t do them any more. I am friends with many in the guild ankitten ot a guild hopper so I’m not really able to enjoy them now, I know I know my problem not yours but my point still stands.

Aside from guild missions which don’t last long there is no colaberation in guilds, no guild halls, no mass events made for guilds, no big raids or difficult bosses to bring down as a guild. This coupled with a total lack of gear progression (which btw ai don’t mind) what Im saying is that players need another motivation to keep logging in. There ARE other ways to motivate players but we need AN to recognise this and do something about it.

These living story additions are very timid and don’t really offer a players anything new, they are very pretty and fun for an afternoon but we need something with some meat that lets us grow as a player and as a guild. All this said I can see AN are working really kitten this game and I do love it for what it is, I just wish more people did because if more leave soon there won’t be a game.

Motivation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Foxtail.6024

Foxtail.6024

Maybe these players need to play other characters instead of only playing the one?
For those who do have all 5 character slots filled with level 80 characters, perhaps deleting one or two might be ideal to start a class they haven’t tried?
I know the class options aren’t overly vast and the amount of character slots we get, on a one server only is actually kinda funny… In a bad way, I might add.
It would be nice if they’d give us more character slots or allow us to have multiple servers with different characters on them. Then again the multiple server’s would semi defeat the purpose of the guesting, but what about those who have all 80’s already but their friend just joined the game and is another server? With only 2 guest passes per person it can limit how many time those people can play together..

I think more character slots, more classes, possible more races too… Some new weapon types would be nice. I’d give my left eye and a leg for a Great Axe! These would help improve the game and perhaps make it a little more interesting in some way? It wouldn’t limit to what you can do and make the idea broader.
I do agree that some things should be more rewarding to entice players to partake in such things, my main complaint is the party system personally.
(You can find a link to my suggestion in my signature)

I think that they should bring out a few new things when they up the level up or even before to hold onto the existing players.
I am still very new to this game however, this probably only week 2 for me. And I’ll tell ya right now if this game goes under any time soon after I just paid $50 for this game and spent a whole 24 hours updating it… I will be severely upset and complaining to the company!

Motivation

in Suggestions

Cele.5467

Maybe these players need to play other characters instead of only playing the one?
For those who do have all 5 character slots filled with level 80 characters, perhaps deleting one or two might be ideal to start a class they haven’t tried?
I know the class options aren’t overly vast and the amount of character slots we get, on a one server only is actually kinda funny… In a bad way, I might add.
It would be nice if they’d give us more character slots or allow us to have multiple servers with different characters on them. Then again the multiple server’s would semi defeat the purpose of the guesting, but what about those who have all 80’s already but their friend just joined the game and is another server? With only 2 guest passes per person it can limit how many time those people can play together..

I think more character slots, more classes, possible more races too… Some new weapon types would be nice. I’d give my left eye and a leg for a Great Axe! These would help improve the game and perhaps make it a little more interesting in some way? It wouldn’t limit to what you can do and make the idea broader.
I do agree that some things should be more rewarding to entice players to partake in such things, my main complaint is the party system personally.
(You can find a link to my suggestion in my signature)

I think that they should bring out a few new things when they up the level up or even before to hold onto the existing players.
I am still very new to this game however, this probably only week 2 for me. And I’ll tell ya right now if this game goes under any time soon after I just paid $50 for this game and spent a whole 24 hours updating it… I will be severely upset and complaining to the company!

you can actually buy character slots… they are not really expensive considering there are items on the gemstore way more expensive and useless than a new toon. more Classes and Races, areas and Guild and player housing are sure on the way, but i hardly believe they will come before an expansion, let’s be patient the game is not even a year old, other MMO’s didn’t grew to what they are now in less than a year

Motivation

in Suggestions

Cele.5467

If your right and if people acquired a few legendary weapons they would then quit then your kinda agreeing with me aren’t you? We shouldn’t have an almost unattainable item holding us in a game, we should be playing because we are having fun or at least feel the satisfaction of some sort of progression towards a goal.

I can only really comment on what I would do and what I think ofc but I think having better access to the legendary weapons would enhance my game and make me enjoy the toons I have more. As it stands now feel like I’ll never get one, even if I had the precursor I couldn’t afford to 100s of good for items etc. I play every day but I don’t grind dungeons so have never had more that 65g. I know you could say that I’m not willing to earn it but if you start grinding for weeks and weeks your not having fun and this seems like a waste of my time.

You mention guild missions, I agree they are really well done and a brilliant addition to the game. Unfortunately so many people have stopped playing in my guild now that we can’t do them any more. I am friends with many in the guild ankitten ot a guild hopper so I’m not really able to enjoy them now, I know I know my problem not yours but my point still stands.

Aside from guild missions which don’t last long there is no colaberation in guilds, no guild halls, no mass events made for guilds, no big raids or difficult bosses to bring down as a guild. This coupled with a total lack of gear progression (which btw ai don’t mind) what Im saying is that players need another motivation to keep logging in. There ARE other ways to motivate players but we need AN to recognise this and do something about it.

These living story additions are very timid and don’t really offer a players anything new, they are very pretty and fun for an afternoon but we need something with some meat that lets us grow as a player and as a guild. All this said I can see AN are working really kitten this game and I do love it for what it is, I just wish more people did because if more leave soon there won’t be a game.

maybe it is time to get into an new guild? it worked for me

Motivation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

The problem is that GW2 content is not fun after the first two or three runs.

Motivation

in Suggestions

Foxtail.6024

The problem is that GW2 content is not fun after the first two or three runs.

That’s the problem with all games, this is why they create multiple paths you can take with different quests that tell different stories.
If all your characters are the same race, and you keep running the same little quest hearts each time… You’re going to get bored.

Motivation

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheLaughingMan.4320

TheLaughingMan.4320

No endgame other than WvW. The players who keep saying, “The game is the endgame!” are just anet parrots and absolutely nuts. Why was GW1 so popular for so many years after it was released? Why did people keep playing even PvE for so many years? Challenging end-game areas, and truly open-ended character building, which took trinity and threw in hybrids and so many different options.

GW2 after you have made a couple chars and leveled to 80, PVE has NOTHING to offer. What, do Orr quest chains over and over? Boring. “Explore”? All the hearts are “kill x” and frankly, if you are saying to play the game itself is the endgame, you have not made more than one character.

GW2 needs a radical change in how character skills are handled, need more freedom and more possibilities with builds, and needs combat to not be just a numbers fest.

They may have one moderator reading this section just to remove posts that are foul rants, but almost nothing anyone has suggested in here has been even close to implemented.

The game is turning into a korean-style cash RNG squeeze while the game is dying. NCSoft and Anet have some financial and structural problems, so this may not change anytime soon. Anet is designing content around the gemstore, rather than the other way around.

Pick up GW1, hope they keep the servers up for a while.

(edited by TheLaughingMan.4320)

Motivation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Subfocus.4732

Subfocus.4732

No endgame other than WvW. The players who keep saying, “The game is the endgame!” are just anet parrots and absolutely nuts. Why was GW1 so popular for so many years after it was released? Why did people keep playing even PvE for so many years? Challenging end-game areas, and truly open-ended character building, which took trinity and threw in hybrids and so many different options.

GW2 after you have made a couple chars and leveled to 80, PVE has NOTHING to offer. What, do Orr quest chains over and over? Boring. “Explore”? All the hearts are “kill x” and frankly, if you are saying to play the game itself is the endgame, you have not made more than one character.

GW2 needs a radical change in how character skills are handled, need more freedom and more possibilities with builds, and needs combat to not be just a numbers fest.

They may have one moderator reading this section just to remove posts that are foul rants, but almost nothing anyone has suggested in here has been even close to implemented.

The game is turning into a korean-style cash RNG squeeze while the game is dying. NCSoft and Anet have some financial and structural problems, so this may not change anytime soon.

I noticed the whole korean-style cash shop thing was being done here when they changed the fact that DYES would NOT be account wide, unlike previously stated.

I’m glad there’s no subscription and I’m not suffering from special snowflake syndrome or I would of dropped a nice chunk of money into this abyss

Motivation

in Suggestions

Foxtail.6024

The game is turning into a korean-style cash RNG squeeze while the game is dying. NCSoft and Anet have some financial and structural problems, so this may not change anytime soon. Anet is designing content around the gemstore, rather than the other way around.

You seem to forget that this game is still fairly new, it’s not even reached a year old yet! I’m sure the game isn’t even officially “complete” so the “end-game” doesn’t exsist for that reason. This isn’t WoW, they don’t have end-game increments based on your level and expansion.
I mean, look at all of WoW’s old “end-game” content, no one even touches that anymore except to farm out a new pet or fashion item. Expecting GW2 to do what WoW does with their “end game” is asking for an awful lot if you ask me, cause I’m afraid once you add things like that you can’t really take it back out again without being swamped with complaints from players who probably aren’t even going to touch it again anyway.

Motivation

in Suggestions

TheLaughingMan.4320

Who said anything about WoW?

You can extrapolate from what the gw2 team’s priority has been, and still is, to what the future will look like. For instance, taking the long-term end gamish goal of a legendary, and making them purchasable on TP in an attempt to gain gem revenue.

Motivation

in Suggestions

Genophix.3098

I think like most MMOs you only get that once big chance at launch to get players onboard, if people stop playing its very hard to get them back. Most people have decided if GW2 is for them or not and unfortunately many are moving on.

I agree with you Laughing Man that the game needs more freedom in terms of skills etc. I feel like GW2 lost a lot of what made people love GW1 and I can’t see any good reason for this. I personally find the game world very enjoyable but not for the reasons most do I suspect.

I have to take my hat off to AN because for the most part they have stuff to their guns and done what they thought was best but I hope now they realise they need to add some sort of goal for players. And if possible a goal that requires players to work together as a team (I’m sure I’ve heard of this in other MMOs!)

This content (whatever that might be) has to be hardcore, it needs to make players have to learn how to beat it and lastly there needs to be some sort of reward. Im talking about a reward that players want. Maybe as a one time account based reward dish out a precursor? This is the motivation Im talking about, something that gets players wanting to beat content.

Motivation

in Suggestions

TheLaughingMan.4320

^
Good suggestions

Motivation

in Suggestions

Genophix.3098

You can extrapolate from what the gw2 team’s priority has been, and still is, to what the future will look like. For instance, taking the long-term end gamish goal of a legendary, and making them purchasable on TP in an attempt to gain gem revenue.

No no not buy it, earn it from dungeons!

I guarantee if you made an ultra epic hardcore dungeon and stuck a legendary at the end players would find a way, they would have to.

As a guild officer this has been one of our main problems, keeping our members happy and wanting to play. Most are gone now, playing other games while waiting for Wildstar.

I’m sorry to mention WoW but in this game there was a reason to be in a guild, you needed to find a group of players (40 or 20) who were switched on and knew what to do. You then needed someone willing to organise raids, get members looking at strategy videos and if raid members messed up they were out. When you saw the Phoenix mount bombing around Stormwind you felt that need to be part of a bigger group who could get you there.

As it stands now there is very little reason to be in a guild in Guild wars 2 and to be its just insane how little Guild stuff there is to do. I have to say after seeing most of the guild missions now they are so well designed, really fun and challenging so why can’t they apply this to a larger dungeons and add bosses?

At the end of the day this is what most of the players want, why not give it them? I start to listen to people when they say NCsoft forced AN to release early.

Motivation

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

The entire GW1 map was endgame, especially factions and nightfall. So saying “the game is endgame” is correct for both GW1 and GW2. I don’t just spend my time in lvl80 areas and neither did I exclusively play “endgame” areas.

Guild Wars 2 needs a few elite areas, but not many. The open world has to be strengthened to the point where leaving into an instance feels bad. FotM has to be expanded to the point where completing it feels kitten. Apart from FotM, there should be a few more extremely large and hard dungeons like UW/FoW/DoA. Not too many, it’s not a focus, but 2 more would be awesome.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Motivation

in Suggestions

Foxtail.6024

I did, generally when you make a comparison you need something to compare to.. Yes? I have friends that come to me and say they prefer many things about GW2 over WoW, and I have played WoW since it’s release.
So it makes for good comparison when I look at the two games and how players react and interact with these things. Hearing that GW1 was so popular I feel that GW in general could compete with WoW’s 10+ years of popularity and performance.

Since you are asking for “end game” now, before the game is complete… That is why I referred to WoW and their “end game’s” before completion.
So don’t get your panties in bunch because I’m comparing the two similar but not so much… games.

This game has great potential, I am very pleased that I got into it and seeing people who are demanding so much more out of it just to stick around after it’s only been out for less than a year now, breaks my heart. Sure there isn’t much “end game” like you’re asking for, but there are many things you can do in the mean-time until more/new content is released. Find something you enjoy doing, be it map completion, achievements, PvP, WvW, whatever… Sometimes you must make due with what you have, because it isn’t always best trying to push for something that could bring more strain on the team, the game, the servers, etc;
The problem with WoW’s multiple “end games” is because people push to be the best part of teams, and the old “end game” content gets forgotten. Unfortunately this really leaves no room for those who aren’t that good to improve because they aren’t learning from anyone. I agree that when they do get nearer to some “end game” content that it should be something difficult and players will need to learn before they’ll be able to achieve whatever “prize” might be waiting.

But if you’re going to give up now, simply because they don’t have that yet… Then perhaps you’ve already given up on the game and should move on. You can always come back when they do release what you’re looking for after all… This isn’t a subscription game. ;P

Motivation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Temariah.9372

Temariah.9372

You disgust me. What makes you know what the game needs. Your petty opinion is that of just one person. Posts like this aren’t helpful. This entire thread is hardly helpful.

Polls and actual statistics of what multitudes of people think/want would be much more representative of the game and what it actually needs.

My personal opinion is that the game is quite fun if you try to have fun in it. The world is beautiful, the quests are far more engaging than other quests in other games that I shall not name, and the lore is fascinating.

Once again, this is just my opinion, but I truly think that the people who don’t have fun should consider why they aren’t having fun. Are you not having fun because you’re grinding the same quest chains over and over again? That’s your choice. You can choose to do something else. Many people may argue that there isn’t anything to do, but there truly is, if you look for it. Create a fun RP event within your guild. Do a scavenger hunt. Try to get a Legendary. Try to get the top ranks in WvW. Have you explored all the zones? If you have, did you not enjoy them because you rushed through simply in order to “finish” the zone? This brings to light another thought I’ve had. A lot of people play only to “progress.” They don’t seem to play to have fun. Take the time to look for books to read in Divinity’s Reach. Actually admire the vista when you find it. Don’t just play just to play. Play to enjoy.

Sorry for the wall of text, but it really bothers me when people say that there isn’t much endgame. I won’t say that the whole game is endgame because I’m sure that line has been overused by now, but honestly, even without creating alts, there is so much to do. The reason people don’t do those things is because they may not get tangible rewards for it. But isn’t fun a reward in and of itself?

Temariah Dawnsong – “A new dawn is coming; sieze the day.”
Leader of The Harbingers of Serendipity [LIFE] : Fort Aspenwood

Motivation

in Suggestions

Genophix.3098

Heya Temariah,

I think it’s a bit strong to say LaughingMan disgusts you, he’s only putting his point across as are we all. These forums are sometimes useful to the devs but often just serve as a soapbox for players to rant about issues they have.

Most of what your saying though I agree with, there is actually a hell of a lot to do but only if your the right type of player. I do spend lots I’d time enjoying the events, testing them, seeing if there are extra parts (like the one with the broken portal in Metrica Province). I also love taking screenshots and have even run an in game photograph competition in the past.

Unfortunately most players need a definite goal or objective and that’s where other games have made endgame, ofc we all know Warcraft has done well in this area so I get why people refer and compare to it when talking about ‘endgame’. If we’re honest the raids and gear treadmill have given WoW a far longer life that it should have had.

The bottom line is that I want people to love the game I love but most players I know across many guilds are leaving the game, this is bad for the game and is the beginning of a mass exodus. Myself and my friends are just getting sick of moving MMOs every six months and I was hoping GW2 would put and end to that.

I don’t think GW2 will fail, there is a nice healthy playerbase of happy players but obviously if 3/4 of them leave when TESO and Wildstar launch the speed they can improve the game will show this.

Motivation

in Suggestions

TheLaughingMan.4320

Take the time to look for books to read in Divinity’s Reach. Actually admire the vista when you find it. Don’t just play just to play. Play to enjoy.

Sorry for the wall of text, but it really bothers me when people say that there isn’t much endgame. I won’t say that the whole game is endgame because I’m sure that line has been overused by now, but honestly, even without creating alts, there is so much to do. The reason people don’t do those things is because they may not get tangible rewards for it. But isn’t fun a reward in and of itself?

Lol

Go play Skyrim if you want to admire vistas, this is an mmorpg. Saying “Oh go admire the game engine its so great” is stupid, its a dx9 engine, and not what the gw series are about. I have explored all the zones, I’ve created a legendary and that is a prereq. All the zones are copy/paste “kill x”, the quests are boring and repetitive. Again, you must not have made more than one character, and must not play other video games including GW1. You are the anet parrot of the day.

Motivation

in Suggestions

Genophix.3098

I’m sorry but I couldn’t disagree more and here’s why.

I’ve never seen such a breadth of variation in objectives in events, from catching fire flies, fixing portals, growing crops, solving puzzles, disarming mines and a million more. Only last night I was running around a chamber in MP growing baby Asura back to full size with a grow ray thing. There are many variations on killing as well but killing is killing and there’s not much they can do about that.

Secondly are we playing the same game??

I’ve been astounded by how many hidden treasures there are, places that only a few have found but exist all the same and have been lovingly crafted. I even ran an in game photography competition because there is so much out there, especially underwater in the oceans.

I guess it’s all relative though, what you see as boring I see as fascinating. I’ve got 5 level 80s and am working on my next. Sure I have a week off here and there but I’m still loving the game and am still finding new events and even old events playing out in a different way that before.

Motivation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Motivation

in Suggestions

TheLaughingMan.4320

Really? Catching fireflies? Awesome bro. Go check how many level 80 chars are just running around with joy at that completed karma heart, catching bugs for fun. You are ignoring and failing to address the OP’s original points.

In addition, go check on a full or high pop server how many players agree with you and are running around low to medium level areas just exploring “for fun”. Very very few, you will be lucky to find 10-15 players on any given map except the orr maps, where they will be repeating a few quest chains to gain karma.

After you have dredged your way through a completed karma heart, there is no fun, nor any motivation, to re-do those areas for the heck of it. You sound like an anet PR stooge reading off a list of canned “features”. Or perhaps you didn’t like WvW and are enjoying wrecking NPCs all day in a field of daisies.

You are the minority. The majority of players need a strong reason to go mess around in an area of a map they have cleared.

Motivation

in Suggestions

Genophix.3098

It’s interesting you think Im ignoring the OPs original points.. I am the OP

As to your second point I’m on Seafarers Rest, high pop and has been all the way to the top and back. Last night I was doing map competition in the three Char start areas and then in Met Province just before I logged. Mate I’m not lying the game is teeming with players new and old. People are chatting away in map chat and the playerbase that exists on my server seems happy enough. I can’t comment on others ofc.

I do agree, lots of have left, my guild has been hit really hard and so yes I agree I’m in the minority. I really thought everyone who picked this game up would be playing forever happy and clams but I’ll admit I was very wrong. It’s not got that hardcore gear progression that many want and so we arrive back at what Im posting this thread for.

I get that AN don’t want to keep players grinding for a single piece of gear for three months, but they DO need to find some other type of overarching motivation that will pull players back who are not like me. I’ve just seen the new patch notes for the 25th, you have to admit they are sending a amazing amount of content out the door.

Motivation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Spend 300+ hours in almost any game and it is going to get redundant. Some of us who are nearing or crossed 1000 hours certainly would like to see more content but at this point I am being entertained for pennies on the hour.

Is the PvE content in GW2 at least after one run through somewhat boring, sure. Do they need some epic areas with highly desired rewards, yes. Have most of us gotten great value from the franchise, absolutely. Like GW, GW2 is a game a player can take a break from and come back to in a few months for all new content. It seems their business model even encourages it.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Motivation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mejo.3198

Mejo.3198

Well, it doesn’t really matter if you are catching fireflies, helping with the crop or repairing a whatever. What you are actually doing is pressing “F”. Pressing the “F” button is no fun. It’s dull and get’s boring very fast.

And if pressing “F” fails, you can always just attack the mob and start mashing buttons because most mobs are on the buttonmashing level of difficulty which also is bad.

Maybe they can add so that you are actually doing something more when you are repairing a cog, like solving some sort of puzzle. At least something that get’s your brain working…

Motivation

in Suggestions

Genophix.3098

Well, it doesn’t really matter if you are catching fireflies, helping with the crop or repairing a whatever. What you are actually doing is pressing “F”. Pressing the “F” button is no fun. It’s dull and get’s boring very fast.

And if pressing “F” fails, you can always just attack the mob and start mashing buttons because most mobs are on the buttonmashing level of difficulty which also is bad.

Maybe they can add so that you are actually doing something more when you are repairing a cog, like solving some sort of puzzle. At least something that get’s your brain working…

I take your point, but while I am pressing ‘F’ I do like to see how some of the bigger events play out as many have different outcomes.

Have you tried the Guild Puzzles? We unlocked them a few weeks ago and they are really good. If you don’t read up how to do them there is a lot to have fun with.

Motivation

in Suggestions

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

No endgame other than WvW. The players who keep saying, “The game is the endgame!” are just anet parrots and absolutely nuts.

Let me translate this for other people reading this thread. “No endgame other than WvW for me. And if anybody doesn’t think the same way I do they are wrong and I will call them names.”

Why was GW1 so popular for so many years after it was released? Why did people keep playing even PvE for so many years? Challenging end-game areas, and truly open-ended character building, which took trinity and threw in hybrids and so many different options.

I agree with you and would even applaud you for pointing this out if you were not so caustic to other people. You are also not taking into account that much of that challenging endgame came after the original Prophecies and even Factions. This game isn’t even a year old and you are complaining about it and comparing it to a game that took almost four years to have decently challenging end game material.

Again that is just you and your opinion. I know many with multiple characters who are still having a lot of fun playing the game. Everyone gets their enjoyment differently. You are allowed your opinion but it certainly doesn’t encompass everyone and you have no clue or evidence that your opinion is the one that “rules them all.”

Again I agree. If you would just offer these kinds of opinions and suggestions it would go a long way toward your credibility instead of just attacking other posters, players in general and Anet.

Well, let’s tell Anet together that they have to jump on every single suggestion made here (yours first of course) and if it isn’t done on your time table then we throw the game out! How dare Anet not bow to our every wish and demand? Since you don’t have the first clue as to ANet’s internal schedules, plans, and programming demands, maybe you should make your suggestions and not make things into an attack.

How do you know that NCSoft and Anet have financial and structural problems? Where is your evidence? I love when players like you come on to the forums and make claims like this. The truth is you have no clue about their business. You don’t work there and are not privy to their business structure or corporate finances.

Also the game is not dying. That may be your opinion, but you have no proof of this either. I did some googling and all MMO’s loose a large percentage of their player base after the “new” wears off for many people. And unlike you I read The History of Massively Multiplayer Online Games on wikipedia. They give a great account. I also Googled ‘mmo player loss’ and there are many articles and sites that say the same thing. The same thing happened to GW1 after Prophecies was released after about the same time as GW2 has been in play. Players leaving is normal not evidence of death.

If you don’t like it, then play something else. You being hateful to other posters isn’t helping anything. Attacking ANet and players that don’t agree with you isn’t going to get you anywhere with anyone. Either be constructive and civil or go away.

Motivation

in Suggestions

Foxtail.6024

I feel that the “majority” of people who are wanting a grind or something to push for, for extended periods of time… Are missing out on what ANet intended.

No, they did not want long intensive grinds for weeks to obtain things.
Yes, they wanted a world to explore and learn about the stories!

I feel they’ve accomplished their goal and if exploring and learning stories isn’t for you, then perhaps you’ve picked up the wrong game?

Yes, something to work for in a long run would be nice, but I don’t feel that’s their goal with this game. They didn’t intend for players to just run into an area, complete a heart and leave again. I find quite a few players who are demanding what you call “end game” are those who just rush through everything without taking the time to read everything along the way.
The Karma hearts do take part in a story that exists in that zone and sometimes even carries out into other zones.

I believe the story, the exploration, and the learning is the point of GW2. Not the grind, not the “be the best of the best”.

Motivation

in Suggestions

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

@Foxtail – I agree with you. +1 Also thank you for presenting your opinion in a civil manner. Not once did you mock other players or forum posters. I wish we had more posters like you.

Motivation

in Suggestions

Genophix.3098

Nice posts guys, I couldn’t agree more.

Jheryn I’ve played most MMOs (yes Im that old!) and by on large the same pattern happens. Mass explosion of players on launch, then a gradual recession over the next few months until a stable playerbase is formed.

Guild Wars 2 has surprised AN by how well it did and is doing. I won’t pretend to know the numbers but I can see with my own eyes that while a lot of players in my guild are burned out I do meet a lot of new players coming into the game and playing for the first time.

Motivation

in Suggestions

Mejo.3198

I take your point, but while I am pressing ‘F’ I do like to see how some of the bigger events play out as many have different outcomes.

Have you tried the Guild Puzzles? We unlocked them a few weeks ago and they are really good. If you don’t read up how to do them there is a lot to have fun with.

Just so you know, I am not saying the ideas are not funny. I am saying that it’s a waste of good ideas and content.

Who said normal quests should be on the autopilot level? Alot of the time you don’t have to plan or prepare anything before doing something and mostly you can just rush in head on and start pressing random buttons, no matter if you are fighting mobs or pressing “F” for repairing. Some quests are harder then others and the game is not super easy, but to me it’s still too easy.

And yes, I have done some jumping puzzles and those were entertaining, like many other things have been in this game (alot dungeons for example).

Motivation

in Suggestions

Posted by: mujtaba.8167

mujtaba.8167

introducing GvG and Guild schedules and Guild Alliances will give the game a boost.
The Endgame content is nothing,they should add more things as end game.
The only thing i see as End game content is getting Ascenden trinkets and an legendary

Warband leader of Battlecry [Bcry]
The leading force in Gunnars hold

Motivation

in Suggestions

Foxtail.6024

@Foxtail – I agree with you. +1 Also thank you for presenting your opinion in a civil manner. Not once did you mock other players or forum posters. I wish we had more posters like you.

I try not to lash out at others, only when they start throwing spikes first do I feel the need to retaliate.
Of course, only when it gets out of hand. If you don’t think I’ve done that yet with LaughingMan, then I am quite surprised. XD

Motivation

in Suggestions

Genophix.3098

introducing GvG and Guild schedules and Guild Alliances will give the game a boost.
The Endgame content is nothing,they should add more things as end game.
The only thing i see as End game content is getting Ascenden trinkets and an legendary

Yeah this is what I’m saying Mujtaba, like you have suggested we need far more activities to do once your hitting level 80. This isn’t for me really, I’m looking beyond my own personal wants and seeing what other players seem to be asking for or when on of our guild does a leaving post I take the time to ask why.

As I’m sure we all know there are the one time activities which once you’ve done players don’t usually do again and then you have your ‘renewable activities’ which don’t require content or updates very often. The obvious one in GW2 is the WvsW, it’s a full siege simulator with trade routes, objectives and NPC forces. Yes to some it’s become stale but it just needs some new variation and meaningful tweaks to make it fresh again. It also needs to have ‘meaningful objectives’ so for example when you cap a certain place it cant be lost almost immediately but also opens a dungeon.

So what you say? There’s plenty of dungeons in the game. Ok so here, right here we add motivation. Precursors (and in effect Legendarys) are the most sought after thing in the game. What would happen if AN said "ok guys, this dungeon has many stages, many layers and it will be hard to beat the mecanics. However once you have defeated all the paths and finished all objectives that pertain to this dungeon your reward is a precursor. " Just one per account, but a precursor none the less.

You add need, you add want and you add motivation. This is what Blizzard do so very well, they motivate their player base with want and need. I understand why AN don’t want a gear treadmill in their game and support their choice but you must add other motivations and other none stat based rewards. These rewards can be anything but I’d start by looking at what your playerbase keeps asking for.

(edited by Genophix.3098)

Motivation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

Everyone talks about “no end-game” content, but no one ever suggests anything that would be fun for more then 1 month.

The living story is your end-game. You can do it with a lvl 80 or a lvl 2 but is different every 3-4 weeks.
This is the most innovative end-game then any other dungeon-farming ideas

Motivation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Sorry but living story is just a grind. Dragon bash showed that once again… grinding pinatas and firework. This is rather disappointing.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Motivation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

Sorry but living story is just a grind. Dragon bash showed that once again… grinding pinatas and firework. This is rather disappointing.

Festivals are always a grind or you think they should just give you a hat for being 10 min in the game watching the fireworks?

Motivation

in Suggestions

Mejo.3198

Festivals are always a grind or you think they should just give you a hat for being 10 min in the game watching the fireworks?

Nah, but would be great if, like I mentioned in a previous post, it didn’t just required you to run around and press “F”. It should at least require some kind of brain activity.

Motivation

in Suggestions

Genophix.3098

Nah, but would be great if, like I mentioned in a previous post, it didn’t just required you to run around and press “F”. It should at least require some kind of brain activity.

I know what your saying, I can’t defend the firework and effigy lighting as anything but a pretty filler. However there are some really good puzzle type events in the game. Having played the whole game world many times over now I remember lots. Some test math skills while others test reactions or memory.

I also wouldn’t get hung up on how F is used interact, games like portal or even a good old game of chess show how endless fun can be gleaned from basic components.

I do think gamers expect more from games these days, as single player experiences evolve at a far faster rate MMOs have been left labouring the same old mechanics ‘kil ten rats’ ‘gather X orbs’ etc.

I’m sure AN hate that manifesto video by now but they did make a few statements which just are not true in this current build, or maybe more accurately it doesn’t seem like what was suggested. Like how a settlement will stay saved and the villagers will remember me. I don’t see this anywhere.

Regardless there are plenty of bold innovations throughout the game and I hope gamers recognise this was the first MMO developer in ten years to push the gendre out of that stagnant ditch it’s been in. Whohoo getting way off topic here (sorry)

(edited by Genophix.3098)

Motivation

in Suggestions

Posted by: JungleNin.8379

JungleNin.8379

I’ve got 8 characters, all level 80, one of each profession. Most of them have a full exotic loadout. The others? Not worth the effort, honestly.