in Suggestions

Posted by: Steven.9803

Steven.9803

Areananet are gonna add em. There concept art gives it away

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Steven.9803

I just have to laugh at those who keep using WoW as a reference to literally anything and everything, when almost every mmo ever conceived have offered mounts in their game.
I also love the folks here who get so angry at others who simply “suggest” a possible feature in the game, that they feel the need to insult and attempt to tell them to leave GW2 altogether.
After all, is this not the suggestion forum, or am i mistaken?

Because most of those MMO’s are wannabe WoW clones, ArenaNet is all about making their OWN things, they don’t copy & paste 99% of things from other MMO’s just to get a lot of money.

They are already doing that. Grinding in GW2 is almost like on other MMO’s but here players get punished for playing. Dynamic events are from Rift, buying items for karma like on Rift. Crafting from Aion, Rift, WoW. Achievements, dungeons, pvp all that was ealier on other MMO’s.

So why no mounts?

There is nothing new … oh wait, new are ‘hearts’ and evade system.

Ehm….Tera…

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

This topic has been done to death. Stop redundantly posting what others have already posted with a slightly altered title and opening statement.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Anet already stated why they don’t want mounts in the game, but everyone ignores this piece of information even though it’s the most logical, fact driven reason. Moving faster from point A to point B makes the space between point A and B effectively smaller and less significant. Anet put way too much effort into creating to huge beautiful world just to turn around and trivialize it by making the journey through it a quick, forgettable experience.

TL;DR mounts make the world smaller and we don’t want to make the world smaller.

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

Anet already stated why they don’t want mounts in the game, but everyone ignores this piece of information even though it’s the most logical, fact driven reason. Moving faster from point A to point B makes the space between point A and B effectively smaller and less significant. Anet put way too much effort into creating to huge beautiful world just to turn around and trivialize it by making the journey through it a quick, forgettable experience.

TL;DR mounts make the world smaller and we don’t want to make the world smaller.

… We have a thing called waypoints.
We instantly skip entire landscapes in less than a second…
Seriously some people…

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: SevenSigma.7462

SevenSigma.7462

Waypoints have a cost.

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Litego.4953

Litego.4953

Please people, stop with the WoW references, it’s ridiculous!
“WoW has mounts! Other game has mount… WoW clone!”
What kind of ridiculously flawed logic is that? How about you come with a valid argument instead of utter and complete bullkitten? And no, I do not play WoW, never have, never will.

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Khasalianus.8610

Khasalianus.8610

I don’t get why people claim mounts will make the world seem smaller. Only if they add in flying mounts that can travel at incredible speeds would this work. But adding in land mounts that travel at normal or slightly faster speed than unmounted speed, wouldn’t make the world smaller.

In fact, mounts could be added as a sort of “offhand” weapon. Like heavy mounts could have a shield and charge option, while light mounts could have a trample and speed burst option or something. Introduce a new “one-handed” lance that can only be used while mounted and let bows be used while mounted as well, but only on light mounts, or special “archery” mounts, otherwise, only single-handed weapons could be used.

“That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.” – Twilight of the Idols
- Friedrich Nietzsche -

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hydrophidian.4319

Hydrophidian.4319

… We have a thing called waypoints.
We instantly skip entire landscapes in less than a second…
Seriously some people…

The key word there is skip. You don’t move through the world using waypoints.

Mounts, assuming their advantage would be movement speed (and if that isn’t their advantage, what’s the point?), would diminish the sense of expanse while exploring the world. Exploration, you may have noted by now, is a big part of the game. The design of waypoints preserves and promotes exploration.

Seriously, some people.

Here’s a relatively non-disruptive suggestion for the implementation of mounts:
- Mounts would be found at particular waypoints (typically those along roads). The type of mount would be determined by the region it’s in.
- Mounts would provide a cost alternative to waypoints. They would cost more up front, but once the service was purchased, you’d have (mostly) free movement across the zone, and possibly even the region. This would be a benefit for gathering materials, hunting, and getting those last exploration points in a zone you’ve already largely covered.
- Mounts could also be used tactically, allowing access to contested, and thus otherwise unavailable, waypoints.
- Mounts would not be able to leave their home region.
- To use a mount, you’d click on it. The map of the region would then be launched and waypoints accessible to your mount would light up. When clicking one of these waypoints, you’d be treated to a cutscene of your character riding the mount, and then you’d be dumped at your chosen destination.

If implemented this way, mounts would have little to no impact on combat, exploration, or aesthetics. Additionally, such an implementation would offer a QoL improvement for a large portion of the community, would enhance immersion, and provide more tactical complexity to events involving contested areas.

That said, I’m pretty sure most of the people who want mounts won’t care for this proposal. If you were to identify the reasons why they didn’t like it, I’d bet you’d have a list not dissimilar from the dev reasons why mounts aren’t in the game now, and aren’t likely to be introduced any time soon, if ever.

(edited by Hydrophidian.4319)

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

I love how everyone’s arguement FOR mounts is that wp take away the scenery… Like you really want to mount your trusty stead to look at waterfalls and canyons? No you wana skip by everything quicker and clutter up zones with uneccesary furries. Atleast wp you have to discover them first along with POI. DOWN WITH MOUNTS!

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Illharess.6509

Illharess.6509

No.
We don’t need mounts. If you want a speed increase, use the one you have for your profession. Most, if not all, of them have at least a small increase.
If it’s just to look “cool,” then you can use transmutation stones and your favorite skins to accomplish this. We don’t need mounts in Guild Wars 2.

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: SevenSigma.7462

SevenSigma.7462

Actually that comes from an early build that had the idea of “companions”, permanent NPC allies that would accompany you when you didn’t have a party. The idea was abandoned.

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gustoril.4195

Gustoril.4195

I would only accept mounts if way points were removed from all areas other than capitals, because there’s no point in having mounts when we can just teleport all the time.

Which really makes the game boring because teleporting allows us to bypass all the zones in between, A sense of world scale is removed because of this.

If I were to choose between mounts and teleports, I would choose mounts just so I would need to travel through different zones that I ventured in when completing the story, I see no reason to visit those zones anymore.

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: saurus.8290

saurus.8290

theres no mounts in gw lore

and Dolyaks are slow so its would be bad mount wihtout purpose

and you know why mounts dont exist? becouse players that bought mount for speed buff and running thru xxxxx aggresive mobs killed them all

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Escildan.2869

Escildan.2869

Though I am a Guild Wars 1 veteran, personally, I would not mind mounts if they were introduced into the game well. Yes, they would feel out of place at first as Guild Wars has never been a game, nor had the lore for them, but this is a new game set in a new time with new mechanics. Mechanics that allows to find a use for faster movement. Let’s face it, when exploring for points of interest, most of us eventually end up using our increased speed signets/skills. Apparently increased movement speed within limits doesn’t ruin the game for a lot of people, as much as it fulfills the desire to sometimes speed it up a little. Why not give that increased movement speed a face… or… head this case? I’m not talking about mounted combat or anything flashy like that; that wouldn’t fit Guild Wars 2 at all.

What I’m talking about is a future expansion in which mounts are given a valid lorewise reason to be inserted into the game as a way to replace the sight of players who run around with 35 km/h by casting Swiftness every 20 seconds by something that feels a bit more compelling.

Smile! It’ll brighten my day at least.

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Logun.2349

Logun.2349

I personally think mounts would be a good addition to the game, we need to lose the argument that we can’t have it because it wasn’t in GW1 … come on if we held the game to that then we wouldn’t be able to jump as well.

Likely however we will not see mounts, they could interfere with other mechanics set up to encourage spontaneous team play. While on foot you work through zones at a pace conducive to picking up dynamic events.

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: AccelEvo.8309

AccelEvo.8309

Mount are highly unneeded in this game because of waypoints,speed buffs and the swiftness boon . Also this is not WoW . . .

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Steven.9803

Actually that comes from an early build that had the idea of “companions”, permanent NPC allies that would accompany you when you didn’t have a party. The idea was abandoned.

So wait, if that’s the case then why didn’t they just change/remove this concept art if the idea was abandoned? Were they just too lazy too? And if so, what does that say about the company? “Too lazy to remove concept art, but not too lazy to perma- ban people from a mistake they made”?…The logic is astounding.

But maybe your right, cause if you think about it, Arenanet might just be too lazy to add them, because everyone knows if they really tired to work it out, it would work.

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Steven.9803

I love how everyone’s arguement FOR mounts is that wp take away the scenery… Like you really want to mount your trusty stead to look at waterfalls and canyons? No you wana skip by everything quicker and clutter up zones with uneccesary furries. Atleast wp you have to discover them first along with POI. DOWN WITH MOUNTS!

Ya who’s opinion is this based off of? Casue Im pretty sure I never skipped anything while riding my mount in every other MMo I played.

Mounts!

in Suggestions

TwiceDead.1963

Mount are highly unneeded in this game because of waypoints,speed buffs and the swiftness boon . Also this is not WoW . . .

Oh yeah! That totally makes sense!

If a game has mounts, it’s WoW! No other games can have mounts for that sole reason!
Other games can’t have mounts because WoW has em’, totally! If other games had Mounts, it would be WoW! And we’re not playing WoW, we’re playing GW2! And GW2 isn’t WoW so it can’t have mounts! IF IT HAZ MOUNTZ ITIZ WoW! NOT GW2!

So when I thought I was riding a horse in The Legend of Zelda, I was actually playing WoW the entire time… Or when I am playing Mount & Blade, apparently that’s WoW too… Astounding logic…

I’m mindblown!

To add to the topic:
You don’t skip any landscape by riding a mount, if you’re interested in the landscape, you’ll look. If you’re not, you won’t look and will just head for your target destination anyway without looking around. Same thing with mounts. I am downright certain that as soon as someone discovers a new waypoint on their minimap, they’ll head STRAIGHT for it ignoring everything around that point, and only take care of the things that are in the way UNTIL they have discovered it.

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

“There is nothing new … oh wait, new are ‘hearts’ and evade system.”

the evade system was taken from Dragons Nest made by Nexon you can see this in the controls section of the getting started guide http://dragonnest.nexon.net/guides/getting-started

(edited by Gummy.4278)

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Contrary to what some are saying the designers have never stated that they won’t add mounts to the game, only that they will never add flying mounts.

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: BAMFZILLA.1850

BAMFZILLA.1850

How would you put charr on a mount? That would be strange….haha

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Barlisk.9735

Barlisk.9735

mounts arent needed.
if they add mounts then they should be cosmetic. same run speed as you are now with no buffs and you get knocked off when in combat. cant mount in combat. and they should cost 5g a pop and the riding skill should be 100g. then id accept mounts.

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Barlisk.9735

Barlisk.9735

or better yet, make them cost gems.

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Coltz.5617

Coltz.5617

lol… how about Riders ?! we can have asurans riding on our Charr characters!

- I infract cause I’m passionate about the game-
“ALL IS VAIN”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboar/page/6#post3486969

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: jupiter knox.8471

jupiter knox.8471

even if they dont have mounts, maybe have a travel power or something like flying for example or running super fast, now i know gw2 characters should have super powers but if they want people to walk around running into dynamic events i think they should make running around and traveling the map more fun to do… just my opnion tho

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: arcqe.6734

arcqe.6734

no.

no.

please no.

@steven I presume you’re referring to the concept art for utopia (3rd gw1 expansion), which was implied to have mounts… and then canceled for eye of the north and gw2)

honestly.. adding mounts just feels.. cheap.. and horribly cheesy

usually somewhere

(edited by arcqe.6734)

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Mounts were never a GW tradition outside specific environments.

I want Junundu for the Joko expansion.

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Art.9367

Art.9367

Honestly, I don’t understand how people can think with such a limited capacity. People act like WoW is the only other MMO with mounts in it. Just because GW2’s competition has this feature doesn’t mean it won’t be beneficial to the game as a whole. I respect valid concerns with mounts, but WoW isn’t one of them. At its core, mounts are just something you can travel around on other than your feet. That doesn’t mean it has to give you a special advantage over other players or detract from the immersion of the world.

As long as it remains cosmetic, doesn’t give a speed boost, and remains on the ground (flying mounts big no, period), I see no good reason to leave it out of the game. Some further positives are something to collect, burns time, another gold sink, and gives players another reason to feel attached to their characters (which keeps players around longer).

Some negatives that would need to be addressed are people blocking NPC’s and mailboxes, possible wall jumping/glitching, and the method of mounting and dismounting the current UI is very restrictive in design.

(edited by Art.9367)

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: mrsrachelm.7618

mrsrachelm.7618

There are so many portals everywhere that mounts are simply not necessary and just don’t “fit” in this game well, imo. It’s not like the zone are soooo huge either.

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Can AreaNet please ban these posts when they pop up? Or tell the community what your stand on mounts is so they stop (hopefully) posting this garbage thinking there will ever be mounts. I think these posts are more from trolls than people with honest opinions….

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: IPunchedyour family.7294

IPunchedyour family.7294

Seems like a strange thing to be opposed to tbh. I’d personally love some more mechanics to this game. Adding a mechanic is never a bad idea. Stonewalling a concept just because people think it’s corny is pretty short-sighted.

As long as there was no way to mount in combat the mechanic would be great. I recently had to grind my way to a quest through a hard area because I couldn’t outrun the mobs in the zone. That took 30 minutes of my life that I’ll never get back and by the time I got to my destination I was bored, annoyed and couldn’t be bothered doing the quest. I don’t see why there’s such a set against allowing players to get to the action quicker. It wouldn’t stop people who want to grind a zone from doing exactly that. If you wanted to jump off your ePony and get involved then there’s no reason not to.

Let’s look at the positives.
- Not in the mood to grind through an area where you have no WP’s? You don’t have to.
- Don’t want to pay for waypoints as often? You wouldn’t have to.
- There’s an event in the distance but you’re sure by the time you run there it’ll be over or you’ll only get bronze. Well, you can get there in time. Everyone else can too, so the events should organically be larger.
- Keen to see more collectables in the game that actually have a purpose? Mounts.

Negatives
- Could be exploited in ways not yet considered.
- Could add a weird dynamic to the environment
-Could be seen as copycat behaviour of other games which could upset certain game elitists.

It’s weird that people are all up and against mounts but not at all bothered by minipets, or aviator sunglasses or top hats etc. Additions to the game that are purely cosmetic but also cost a lot of your in game or real life money.

I discount completely the notion that adding this new mechanic could possibly do any harm to the perceived ‘feel’ of the game world. For mine, it’s a lot stranger in terms of lore, that every single person in the world runs about on their own 2 feet.

That’s why most people use waypoints. Walking about is an absolute drag and for any person who doesn’t want to be constantly inundated by mobs (ie. people like me who can only play for maximum 1hr a day and want to actually get things done) get really tired of the game, really really quick. If you want to trot about and womp everything adding mounts wouldn’t change anything for you. You’re just being elitist or deliberately shortsighted. Not everybody wants to adopt the same play style. That was meant to be one of the key selling points of the game for crying out loud.

i53570k, HD6970, 8gb Ram – 60FPS

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cortechs.3265

Cortechs.3265

Can AreaNet please ban these posts when they pop up? Or tell the community what your stand on mounts is so they stop (hopefully) posting this garbage thinking there will ever be mounts. I think these posts are more from trolls than people with honest opinions….

I vote for the banning. I’ve already given my opinion in two or three other mount threads; not wasting my time.

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Streyiken.7239

Streyiken.7239

LET US RIDE THE MIGHTY CHARR INTO GLORIOUS BATTLE!

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

" I presume you’re referring to the concept art for utopia (3rd gw1 expansion), which was implied to have mounts… and then canceled for eye of the north and gw2)"

No he is referring to GW2 specifically the loading screens here http://theroundtablet.com/2012/09/01/guild-wars-2-load-screen-by-daniel-dociu/

Furthermore anyone who has played, GW1 can tell you that some enemies did in FACT ride into combat Mounted! So any of that nonsense about mounts not being a part of GW is Bologna. And don’t forget the notion that “It will not feel like a GW game”…I am starting to wonder who did play the original at all, cause this (GW2)game does NOT feel anything like its predecessor.

Another thing that makes me chuckle, is the fact that if enough people want something the company responsible for the product should take notice!
Good example McDonald’s: people said hey your food is making our kids fat….enough people complained and now we have the “healthy kids meals”. If nobody said anything the kids meal would still be the same (that is to say you can still order the fat version) but they gave the option, because people wanted it. Same goes for this company they will listen to us if we are speak as one voice.

Meaning that if you could consider how to make mounts that you could be happy with instead of just trying to stop it, the community might get what they want for showing their unity! Same could be said for the opposition, I still would like us, to idea it to death till its something we all want.

I have added ideas to other threads that people stepped over to just make the next comment about how they wanted or how they did not. Like instead of having always running mounts why not mounts that never run, they have special skill set like picking up a weapon off the ground. For instance a lasso skill to pull a downed player out of combat and when out of aggro use a rez skill , if you are being attacked by multiple attackers a knock back skill or a trample…thus I am aiming for a more of a useful mount that people would praise it coming to there rescue than one that runs full blast all the time.

If the Devs did in fact say “No Mounts Ever”, then I would like one to come in and state anet’s stand on it so we can all go on our way. Or maybe one of the all knowing people who have seen a statement somewhere can link to that.

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Arenanet has never stated that mounts are out of the question, only that flying mounts are. If anyone here deserves to be banned, it is you, stop being a jerk to people just because they have a different opinion. I don’t care either way, but if I did I wouldn’t wish someone banned over it.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: DKP.4196

DKP.4196

Mounts ehh? I want to ride a Dolyak for sure:) Or at least have one follow me! Why no mini Dolyak/Giant special dolyak mini?

- Back to topic, I dont think Mounts would work out in gw2:/ It wont look right. The build of the actual world doesnt make it so Mounts would look right. At least the flying ones wont seem to fit that well. Perhaps mountable, pigs/dolyaks/chickens would be fun to watch:) Id love one Plus it might add more interesting mob specific drops. Like kill Dolyaks to get mountable Dolyaks;)

Keep trying, or die trying. Never give up, never forgive. We will Desolate. – Desolation
Not A Message.

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

Lol id love mounts and I havent played WOW so I’m no WOW fan. Mounts would be convenient and has a great essence of fun and realism.

Does it make sense that your character is running from a lush green landscape suddenly to the shiverpeaks? It makes more sense if you were on horses persay and traveled long distances

That said, I do think some games have mounts that are too crazy. Why can’t we just have simple mounts. Like horses, maybe a wolf, or Dolyak LOLLL but something that just looks normal. It wouldn’t be for aesthetics but for a good increase in speed. It also doesn’t have to be like super fast guys. It can be just a significant speed increase. Bit more than what buffs can give. You shouldn’t be able to fight on mounts either. And no mounts in cities to block the already congested places

So why not? And I echo the comment about everyone farming CoF gear xD why does everyone have it? XD personally Im not too fond of the way it looks. But still we can have more originality I think xD I see CoF everywhere it seems like a uniform

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jazhara Knightmage.4389

Jazhara Knightmage.4389

I say give them mounts, mounts that move either at the same speed you run at, or slower, that way they can enjoy the image of their toon on a mount without gaining anything from it that would effect anything that matters.

AMD FX-8350@4.8ghz on air(SilverArrowSB-E Extreme) , 32gb 1866mhz(10-11-10 cr1)
PCP&C 1200watt TC, Crosshair V F-Z, Sapphire 290x

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: arcqe.6734

arcqe.6734

gummy… unless you’re a mindreader, please let people answer the questions directed at them, instead of making presumptions.

usually somewhere

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: DKP.4196

DKP.4196

Lol id love mounts and I havent played WOW so I’m no WOW fan. Mounts would be convenient and has a great essence of fun and realism.

Does it make sense that your character is running from a lush green landscape suddenly to the shiverpeaks? It makes more sense if you were on horses persay and traveled long distances

That said, I do think some games have mounts that are too crazy. Why can’t we just have simple mounts. Like horses, maybe a wolf, or Dolyak LOLLL but something that just looks normal. It wouldn’t be for aesthetics but for a good increase in speed. It also doesn’t have to be like super fast guys. It can be just a significant speed increase. Bit more than what buffs can give. You shouldn’t be able to fight on mounts either. And no mounts in cities to block the already congested places

So why not? And I echo the comment about everyone farming CoF gear xD why does everyone have it? XD personally Im not too fond of the way it looks. But still we can have more originality I think xD I see CoF everywhere it seems like a uniform

Just Imagine an Asura on a Dolyak haha

Keep trying, or die trying. Never give up, never forgive. We will Desolate. – Desolation
Not A Message.

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jazhara Knightmage.4389

Jazhara Knightmage.4389

Just Imagine an Asura on a Dolyak haha

talk about boe legged…..

AMD FX-8350@4.8ghz on air(SilverArrowSB-E Extreme) , 32gb 1866mhz(10-11-10 cr1)
PCP&C 1200watt TC, Crosshair V F-Z, Sapphire 290x

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I personally doubt that ANet would ever include mounts except as a cosmetic feature (it would require too many changes to the game’s combat and gameplay mechanics otherwise). I’d rather have ANet make Waypoint travel free/discounted via a purchasable item on the gem store to speed up travel times.

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

gummy… unless you’re a mindreader, please let people answer the questions directed at them, instead of making presumptions.

Well now this is funny, let me emphasize how much.

your comment to Steven:

“@steven I PRESUME!”

Sure I made the presumption that he was referring to the loading screen(that btw, I gave a link to, so you could see first hand…if that’s not good enough for you try loading up Hoelbrak in game for yourself), but you have no right to try and put that back in my face, when you are clearly making them yourself.

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: saul.6893

saul.6893

WoW= Death by panda!

Face it, there will never be mounts in this game. Get over it.

and as gummy stated there are enemies in gw1 that ride into combat, a Dream Rider ghost dude rides a horse but that is only in the Underworld, and that is nowhere to be seen in gw2 as of yet.. Maybe when they add UW? and there are also Skeletons that ride horses, i haven’t seen any of those either. Thats all i can think of off hand. so yes there are enemies that ride into combat, that does not mean they will implement anything.

Tears Of The Ascended [ToA] – Dragonbrand

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

I wouldn’t mind mounts, provided that they do not increase movement speed and they are all ground travel.

That makes them purely cosmetic; they have no purpose other than collectors’ value and aesthetics. It prevents them from making the Waypoints obsolete, and means that people will still have to travel from A to B at ANet’s intended pace.

As a side note, it would be nice if the mounts didn’t simply appear out of thin air, unless it makes lore-related sense for doing so (perhaps for an undead stallion rising from the ground or conjured elemental). That’s something that has bothered me about mounts in many other games.

Mounts!

in Suggestions

TwiceDead.1963

honestly.. adding mounts just feels.. cheap.. and horribly cheesy

You say that, but don’t state any proper arguments why Mounts would feel “CHEAP” …
Again so many people claim that mounts would make GW2 a worse game.

I don’t see how it would. More content is often for the better, and mounts are proven to be a reliable, and generally liked piece of content players tend to appreciate, and use often when available.

I vote for the banning. I’ve already given my opinion in two or three other mount threads; not wasting my time.

Oh I see…
People have an opinion! You guys don’t like their opinion.
To shut up their horrible opinions, you decide to ban the people who ever speak of this topic ever again! I can spot whiners losing in the horizon ready to do anything to stop the ever forwarding march of silly ideas, in vain…

I see you belong on the forums my friends, the place where all kinds of ideas, opinion and theories mix, match and collide.

(edited by TwiceDead.1963)

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

Guys, I’ve lost count. How many threads been made about this exact subject?

I’m against mounts for umpteen reasons some of which have been stated above. Kinda starting to be against threads about mounts too.

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lutharr.1035

Lutharr.1035

I liked mounts when I played WoW, loved em infact. Would they destroy GW2? No. But Id prefer to not have them. Or if they later decided to add then at least make them limited in some way.

One thing Ive always wanted to see is mounted combat. Imagine WvWvW when you round a corner and 100 cavalry were bearing down on you. It would be EPIC. So there id love to see them. But in the PVE world not so much.

And I wish the dumplings spouting off about copying wow. Sort your heads out. Shall we get Anet to do away with the risen cos folks may think Arthas may arrive soon too? Waaaa wow has something so I need to pretend Im cool and hate on it. Plebs

Go back to WoW. Most overused brainless arguement 2012-2013