Mounts: Do we need them?

in Suggestions

Posted by: cutegirl.9107

cutegirl.9107

Q:

Mounts enable us to get places faster in video games when Guild Wars 2 was first released many people was saying that mounts are needed because it takes to long to get places or we just need them to be showing off how cool we look. I find that mounts are needed but have little use have of the time and cost too much in game plus knowing the money Arenanet makes they might charge a fortune for them such as 35 gold 12 silver and 18 copper. Do we really need mounts in our game GW2 players?

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

The real question is, are daily mount threads needed? I believe the answer is NO.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Irena.1062

Irena.1062

Rather than that, why wouldn’t you get a mount for a lvl 80 quest that can only be soloed and requires actual skill to complete? And no daily mount thread on top of that, It’s win/win! Mounts should be reserved for players as a sign of Prestiege, not given out to anyone with a buck.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Helrith.6472

Helrith.6472

But then will come the threads about the mount quest being too hard;
no mounts, no threads about mounts.. it’s been 6 and a half months can we get past mounts already?!?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

A:No we have waypoints.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Slion.9364

Slion.9364

I think they should implement Dragon Baby Mounts when more is known about dragons, like in 1-2 years hopefully ^.^
Not that you get 100 times faster on actual pve, but you could have some modes that need the mounts like a Guild vs Guild minigame and then when you are in lions arch or other cities you could show your dragon mounts off and only fly around in the cities with some height limit (10 m?). Some City-Vistas should still be hard to get.

Sliona From The Sun | Lvl 80 Glass Cannon Pve Warrior living on Underworld

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

No we don’t. This has been asked tons of times, seriously… keep the crap for WoW.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jakub.8761

Jakub.8761

I deffinitely want mount any creature in game! It could be really nice to have item to tame mob to become your riding-pet. Why not? I would like to have more fun from game. Make cavalery on WvW and ride through enemy …

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

No. No we don’t.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

No we don’t. This has been asked tons of times, seriously… keep the crap for WoW.

Lol…its funny how some people justify the pro mount while saying no.

I agree keep the crap for Wow. Anet would make a better mount system. If they ever do include a more traditional mount system, I am confident that it will have a spin put on it, that would make it unique to GW.

Its not necessary to have them, but as you say so many people still want them none the less. This is why these threads keep coming back. That and people not knowing the rules about posting duplicate threads and all the other threads being closed, they really don’t have a place to talk about it.

Anet needs to make a Sticky of all the hot topic threads, so continued discussion on these topics could continue without kitten people off about duplication. That or either go ahead and make a official statement on which side of the debate they stand on. Which will not stop people from making suggestion about wanting mounts since so many people still want them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Once again I will reiterate. Mounts are not possible unless the game is revamped completely. Think very carefully about any stun/root/ an enemy has whether that enemy is pve or wvw. That root has to target an object. So you have to cast it BOTH on the horse and the rider or it will not work. Guardian chains of light for example, affects ONE object only. Not two. So what would you do, make a mounted person one object only? Does that object then have more hitpoints then either the horse or the rider alone? Will you be able to take damage while on horseback or not? If you do take damage can you deal damage? If you do not take damage what a way to break through enemy lines!

People just do not think things out when asking for mounts. The current game design will have to be modified, skills will have to be changed/altered, which would break most if not all current builds.

Theftwind (HoD)

in Suggestions

Jakub.8761

Theftwind it’s wrong point of view. Why make two objects? It could be same like asuras power suit. Just one bigger object like centaur.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

There is a mount in this game. It’s the broom. You can buy it in the gemstore. You can mount on it and ride it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Once again I will reiterate. Mounts are not possible unless the game is revamped completely. Think very carefully about any stun/root/ an enemy has whether that enemy is pve or wvw. That root has to target an object. So you have to cast it BOTH on the horse and the rider or it will not work. Guardian chains of light for example, affects ONE object only. Not two. So what would you do, make a mounted person one object only? Does that object then have more hitpoints then either the horse or the rider alone? Will you be able to take damage while on horseback or not? If you do take damage can you deal damage? If you do not take damage what a way to break through enemy lines!

People just do not think things out when asking for mounts. The current game design will have to be modified, skills will have to be changed/altered, which would break most if not all current builds.

All irrelevant,It’s Simple…mounts just pop away when you get hit instantly,just like when you ride the broom and get hit by someone,it pops away.Thats no issue,the issue is ….that mounts just have no real place in gw as of now.

in Suggestions

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

no because world of warcraft has mounts!….. is what i would say if i was stupid!

kitten yeah mounts! we need them badly!

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in Suggestions

Posted by: revodeel.2651

revodeel.2651

I guess I am somewhat indifferent about mounts. If we eventually get them, great. If not, oh well.

Maybe part my indifference is due to the fact that I doubt mounts will ever happen in GW2….so I don’t really get my hopes up.

Do not allow the perfect to be the enemy of the good.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Stop making these threads, OP.

To answer your question, no. No, no, and no. Mounts will ruin GW2, not improve it.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

@Caedmon
“All irrelevant,It’s Simple…mounts just pop away when you get hit instantly,just like when you ride the broom and get hit by someone,it pops away.Thats no issue,the issue is ….that mounts just have no real place in gw as of now.”

I don’t see anything ingame usable as a ‘mount’ besides Dolyaks, which would just make you go slower. There are no lore-applicable mounts in-game currently, not even addressing how GW2 would be shrunk, the quality shattered and the feel of the game completely ruined. Would you like to try again?

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in Suggestions

Jakub.8761

Mount will no ruin GW2 if it will be maked correctly. It will not be for everyone and everywhere .. as in real world. You can charge at your enemy, you have benefit on empty field with speed, but you have undefended back – and in complicated terrain you are screwed. And nobody will drive you to use it. On foot you will be more agile and you can dodge attack .. which mounted can’t.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

This thread has been discussed many times. Please feel free to join one of the already created threads so we can keep an organized track of your suggestions and feedback.

Thanks for your understanding. This thread is closed.