Movement Speed

Movement Speed

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kris.9123

Kris.9123

I’ll try to keep this short…
The movement speed is too slow for me and this is the bigger of the 2 reasons I don’t play GW2 anymore(2.reason is the equalized pvp system if I want to play a game where winning depends on 95%skill and not eq or tactics, I play a shooter not a mmorpg). If I spend 3/4 or more of my online time running between events then it’s too boring for me…

Now, my suggestion:
An automatically applied buff, that stays unlimited on the pc outside of pvp-areas and cities that raises a pc’s movementspeed by 2% for each level.
(lvl10 = +20%speed; lvl30 = +60%speed;…)
That would not just help with getting bored it would also raise the motivation to lvl up faster and make the game feel more dynamic.

And no, aggro from monsters is no argument against this, if you choose the right weapons, every class already has skills that allow one to just run straight through the middle of a monster camp so it wouldn’t even change the gameplay…

Movement Speed

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esthetx.6412

Esthetx.6412

I am not sure about the increase in speed the higher the level, but I felt like ground mounts would be awesome to have. The movement speed does seem a bit slow. Mounts are also a great incentive to level up and keep playing. Not to mention, they are super cool.

Movement Speed

in Suggestions

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

Well your 2nd issue makes it seem like this just isn’t the right game for you.
In answer to your first thing though play an air elementalist and trait it up for speed, they are fast as hell.

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Movement Speed

in Suggestions

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

If I’m correct, every class has something that can boost mov speed. Thieves can use a signet or get the trait to roll and get a boon; mesmers have the focus wall.
I do think that the world is huge and the base mov speed is a bit slow, but you have tons of Waypoints around the map, no real need for mounts imo

Movement Speed

in Suggestions

Posted by: Meryt.9823

Meryt.9823

Speed kills!
And it would certainly kill PvP and WvW.
IMO there should be no speed buffs in any MMOs , rather have speed as a stamina based function

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

Movement Speed

in Suggestions

Kris.9123

If I’m correct, every class has something that can boost mov speed. Thieves can use a signet or get the trait to roll and get a boon; mesmers have the focus wall.
I do think that the world is huge and the base mov speed is a bit slow, but you have tons of Waypoints around the map, no real need for mounts imo

For every one of those speedboosts you need to invest something, (at least a skillslot) which makes you weaker, thats why they don’t count in my eyes.

Movement Speed

in Suggestions

Kris.9123

Speed kills!
And it would certainly kill PvP and WvW.
IMO there should be no speed buffs in any MMOs , rather have speed as a stamina based function

I did mention that my suggestion was for pve only so your whole comment is pointless…

Movement Speed

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

GW2 combat is skill and tactics…if you think it doesn’t have tactics you don’t know what the word honestly means then in practical use. Other MMOs it is all about your equipment and stats. The ONLY people that like that style of pvp are those who want gankfests.
EVERY class can slaughter a thief, every…single…one. It just takes the right tactics and the skill to complete those tactics.

Seriously…you are bothered by speed in this game? You can bounce around this world faster than any other out there and you are complaining about speed? Have you PLAYED this game? The waypoints are everywhere and it does not take long to make up the cash you spent on waypointing.

Movement Speed

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

GW2 combat is skill and tactics…if you think it doesn’t have tactics you don’t know what the word honestly means then in practical use. Other MMOs it is all about your equipment and stats. The ONLY people that like that style of pvp are those who want gankfests.
EVERY class can slaughter a thief, every…single…one. It just takes the right tactics and the skill to complete those tactics.

Seriously…you are bothered by speed in this game? You can bounce around this world faster than any other out there and you are complaining about speed? Have you PLAYED this game? The waypoints are everywhere and it does not take long to make up the cash you spent on waypointing.

You just want to complain about something don’t you?
Only the last passage of your post was about my suggestion and to answer that:
By the time I have the waypoints unlocked I don’t need them anymore because I have this part of the map completed.
So, yes I am bothered by the speed in pve of this game, enough so that I stopped playing my warrior at level 50 because another 30 level of this just weren’t worth all the time i’d need.
It takes me about 3-4hours for a map and of those I am fighting or completing events at most for 30minutes-1hour.
That is nearly as bad as SW: TOR classquest on belsavis (40minutes to get from spaceport to the victim, 30seconds to kill it and 20minutes, because I didn’t need to search for the way, to get back to the spaceport [4 hours fleetport cd])

Actually, the only one complaining here is you, over pointless things. You level by moving forward, not backwards. Thus movement speed matters little if you always push into new territory and area with hearts you haven’t completed. You never need to returnt ot he quest giver here, just keep moving forward. What speed do you need when you never leave combat?

The beginning of my post was point blank about your comments on pvp, it sounds like you lack skill and the ability to formt actics quickly and change them on the fly, thus complain because you can’t have uber stats to absorb your errors.

No, I am not a god at pvp, I hold my own, no more and no less. I just recognize those who cannot compete and change as things change around them. The game is fine, if you need a state based game, there is virtually every other MMO out there to choose from.

Movement Speed

in Suggestions

Kris.9123

delete your posts runiir this is a suggestion thread not a children’s chat i did the same >_<

Movement Speed

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tekietee.5037

Tekietee.5037

Movement speed is slow.
But being able to double your speed is ridiculous.

I think it should naturally be about 25% faster, and while in combat you shouldnt move slow as sh.. i think you know what i was going to say.

Nothing worse than doing a jumping puzzle and being juggled between combat speed and regular speed. <,<

Movement Speed

in Suggestions

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

For every one of those speedboosts you need to invest something, (at least a skillslot) which makes you weaker, thats why they don’t count in my eyes.

If you want to roam and kill, that’s a problem. But if you want just to cross the map to get a wp and then do an event, it’s totally worthy investing a skillpoint to move faster since you will skip almost if not every monster

Movement Speed

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tubby Chan.8502

Tubby Chan.8502

Why would you want a movement speed boost if the world already feels really accessible with waypoints everywhere?

Movement Speed

in Suggestions

Kris.9123

waypoints:
1. unlocking them is one of the reasons exploring takes so long
2. useless unless unlocked
3. if unlocked you obviously were already there so from that point this wp isnt needed anymore