My suggestion of solving the WvW zerg problem

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cordy.9847

Cordy.9847

As i’ve seen myself, heard from my of my friends and read on the forums, there seem to be a massive problem with zergs on WvW.

I’m currently playing on Seafarers Rest (EU T1) and both our server and the third (Desolation) is getting stomped by Vizuna Square, only (in my opinion) due to the fact they’re outmanning us. It really feels like there is a 10:1 ratio of Vizunas vs the rest.

Many guilds have left this server, because it wasn’t fun for them anymore. They simply didn’t want to zerg over the place, leaving all tactics behind. Of course there are guilds who manage to win such situations simply by outplaying the enemy but still, those guilds are a minority.

I don’t consider myself as a experienced player, concerning WvW, neither do i claim myself the title of a commander, but still, here is my suggestion:

Cap the WvW Areas to (e.g) 50 people per side. If there are more than 50 people queueing for WvW, just open a new WvW Area.

People might say it would split guilds apart, because there are many guilds with 100+ people, but i think this could be fixed by putting another commander in place, building squads, and so on.
I know, GW2 is different from other MMO’s, but if you think of, like, WoW, there’ve also been guilds who simply had 2 raids or more.

This leads to another issue: Calculating points.
And this is another positive aspect, in my opinion. You simply could create the average of all existing areas (not the final points, the points being added to your servers account [35 for SM, 15 for tower, and so on.. you get it, i guess]).

This lead to less zergs overall and the opportunity to still gain some points, when some of your teams are doing well, while others might lose to your opponent.

This would also reflect the skill of the server as whole in general, rather than just some guilds + x random people, who’re doing their weekly WvW battles.

TL;DR: Cap WvW Areas to X (e.g. 50) people per side, open new Areas if more people are queueing.

Any suggestions? Tell me, if you like it, or why you don’t

in Suggestions

Posted by: Acelerion.6820

Acelerion.6820

1. Dont you know wvw is casual
2. go play spvp
3. those arnt zergs those are armies!

Did I cover it all?

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief
http://www.youtube.com/user/Axcelerion?feature=watch – Small group videos

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Well, for starters, let’s take the example where 55 people from server A want in the game, 70 people from server B, and 90 people from server C. The new map opens up with 5 from server A, 20 from server B, and 40 from server C. Yeah … that sounds a lot better.

You should have spent more time thinking and less time writing.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in Suggestions

Posted by: ajm.2931

ajm.2931

easier/better solution: lift the AoE cap… you can still have big epic battles, but those big epic zergs now carry risk.

Obic – Tarnished Coast
Yak Cultist and follower of the Great Golem God

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Well I don’t think they can open a new area to help with numbers unless it doesn’t count to the servers score. I know from T1 NA there are times when JQ just out number everyone and SoR and BG have a hard enough time manning the 4 maps now. We would have no way to get a queue just to get into a 5th map to try for some points. SoR could do the same in some time zones.

I will say that it would be awesome if they did add a zone you can go into if your in a queue and it would just be open world PvP. It could be a PvE map the changes every week but with no NPCs (other then the normal merchant dudes at your spawn) and no resource nodes (to prevent farming?) Just straight PvP. Also /m should be open to all servers to make it more of a fun limbo place to hang out. To prevent people from staying there, when your queue pops you have that loading bar to finish what you are doing then it automatically ports you to WvW.

But really just bring Orbs back and let see how that gos imo.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deadcell.9052

Deadcell.9052

Just make it where you need “x” amount of players defending an objective to earn PPT, no defenders you get no PPT for the objectives you have captured, you still get to keep the objective just do not earn PPT for it if undefended. So if your gonna zerg around in massive blobs you are free to do so, but if you do not leave a portion of your zerg ball behind to defend each and every objective you take you won’t be able to compete in the point game. Also allows those zergballs to be used in a more strategic manner.

Quick, simple, ez fix!

in Suggestions

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Lift the AoE cap, and problem solved. Or to make it even more advantageous to separate your groups to allow more tactical play; amplify the AoE damage for the amount of people in the circle. The more people in the circle, the more damage it does, and it hits everybody in the circle.

No need to cap players or add new WvW servers, just lift the AoE cap, and all the problems would away in the blink of an eye.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SlaphappySam.2168

SlaphappySam.2168

I don’t think it is that easy. Currently, if you have a smaller group you can’t hit a turtling zerg ball with your skills and do damage to them all due to cap, however, if you remove the cap defensive spells start to give a huge boost for the larger group. Either way neither solves the problem of a heavily outnumbered fight. Right now the best defense against large zergs are siege, stacking confusion, and heavily outplaying them. One possibility I can think of that could discourage turtle zergs could be to make support spells continue to have a cap but leave offensive spells with no cap.

Stalwort Rumpington – Guardian
[PRO] – Protectorate of Aspenwood

(edited by SlaphappySam.2168)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

The problem is not so much the size of the blob but the skill lag that comes with it… and not just when fighting the blobs… the skill lag hits the entire map as soon as a blob arrives on the map.

This is the problem that needs addressing… and I am not expert enough in IT/internet matters to come up with a solution.

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

AoE cap doesn’t do anything when a small group gets stunned/immobilized to death by a group of 20 almost every time.

Most of the times when I run into even a group of 4 I get chain CC’d and die by glass cannons before I can break out. That part is pretty ridiculous…

There should be a debuff on immobilize and CCs in general. Get CC’d/immobilized for longer than 5s then you become immune for 5s

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tukmolytes.3467

Tukmolytes.3467

All just transfer to the second most populous server to beat the zerg of the first most populous server.

Tukmolytes [TRBO]
Isle of Janthir [2012-2017] → Fort Aspenwood [2017-Present]
Power Ranger

in Suggestions

Posted by: MrKnieves.4162

MrKnieves.4162

There’ s no problems with zerging.

Zheenn [Warrior] [Commander]| Alondra Del Mar [Thief] | Lorean Alisk [Elemental]
Rough Trade [RTGC]
Crystal Desert

in Suggestions

Posted by: Asglarek.8976

Asglarek.8976

There is no zerg problem other than skill lag.