Mystic Clovers in my opinion

in Suggestions

Posted by: VowWoefist.8743

VowWoefist.8743

Thank You ArenaNet for the atrocious Mystic Clover drop of 27%. It stinks to have my time wasted grinding due to my horrendous RNG (lack of) luck. I just thought you wanted to take the “grind” out of MMO’s.

So, my numbers equate to the following:
285 coins = requires over 9 months of doing dailies (if not purchased)
600,000 karma for the shards
92 gold = 285 ectos needed (using approx. cost of 32s if bought outright)
172 skill points

But, instead of just whining I would like to at least offer a suggestion… Why not double the requirements for 10 clovers – 20 of each item, but GUARANTEE them. This would be the same as essentially incurring a 50% drop rate in Forge using today’s process. Sounds fair to me.

I am not trying to suggest making Legendaries easy to acquire, but getting ectos, lvl 400 mats, gold for lodestones, pre-cursors, etc. is enough of a grind, so I just don’t see the need to throw additional “luck” into wasting things I have worked hard to obtain.

Of course, I know it is ultimately my decision to play a game where the Devs do/don’t treat my time with such disregard…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Waraxx.4286

Waraxx.4286

you do know that you were only 6.333 % units away from the average? the average is 33%

besides. where you only using the 1-piece recipe?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I am not trying to suggest making Legendaries easy to acquire,

but that is what you are suggesting. Legendary process right now is still too easy.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

“This would be the same as essentially incurring a 50% drop rate in Forge using today’s process. Sounds fair to me.”

But that’s not fair because the expected drop rate is around 33%….

[SFD] – Maguuma

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

The legendary process is too easy, it just requires too much money. I’d much rather obtaining a legendary require that I be an exceptional player and accomplish seemingly impossible feats of gameplay prowess than play Trader Wars 2. Ignoring that, however..

I have always said the following:
- Require a stack of clovers (250) for a legendary
- Guarantee 1 clover from every use of the 1 recipe (and 10 from the 10), as well as 1 (10) of the other items RNG’d

This creates an identical sink, but makes it so you don’t feel as though you’ve wasted money. The RNG as it’s implemented right now is bad in that it makes the players feel cheated, rather than like they got something successfully.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

It’s called the gift of Fortune.

It’s actually a test of your mental fortitude and your ability to withstand uncertainty.

My last 7 clovers took 48 shards (and everything else).

After a few weeks of hug therapy, I was fine.

Just kidding – winners make their own luck.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mazrim.2167

Mazrim.2167

Make the process difficult, but something you have to actually actively EARN — Not just throw a pair of dice down a table and hope you get lucky 7.

RNG crafting was silly when it was implemented years ago with other F2P MMOS (Nexon, anyone?). It’s silly NOW.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

clovers are easy, i have way more trouble with the gold requirments of the rest of the legendary, that said my current goal after Jugg is Sunrise and ofc >Charged Lodestones.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fildydarie.1496

Fildydarie.1496

Make the process difficult, but something you have to actually actively EARN — Not just throw a pair of dice down a table and hope you get lucky 7.

RNG crafting was silly when it was implemented years ago with other F2P MMOS (Nexon, anyone?). It’s silly NOW.

I’m not saying you don’t have a valid point, and I don’t mean to sound unduly confrontational or rude, but this point comes up a lot and I have one question for you: How?

You need a ton of money, loads of karma, etc., and these are not “difficult.” Maxing titles is just grinding. What would be difficult but not grindy? There is no reasonable solution. You could ask that each player perform a “feat of strength” and make such actions things like solo an entire dungeon (which has a class bias) or take a keep solo in WvW (more class bias and promotes cross-server collusion). Things that are actually difficult do not make good “anyone can do it” events and lead to people ignoring the content entirely. As it stands now, some people see a legendary as a 3-month goal, some as a 1-year goal, and some as an “eventually” goal. If you start requiring things that some people can’t do, then people stop caring, stop trying, and just ignore the content. Nobody wins in that scenario. So, again; how do you make it difficult without introducing class bias or excluding an excessive number of players?

The clovers aren’t that bad for me so far… running at 26/34.

-Fildydarie
Hutchmistress of the Fluffy Bunny Brigade [FBB]

in Suggestions

Posted by: koopatroopa.5360

koopatroopa.5360

Clovers are meant to be obtained throughout a year, not a week.

in Suggestions

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

The cost of my obsidian to build my clovers is going to cost close to 1.5million karma. Be greatful if you only had to spend 600k on karma. RNG can be worse.

in Suggestions

Posted by: VowWoefist.8743

VowWoefist.8743

Thanks for the comments. I personally don’t find getting a Legendary “easy” but then I do not think it is hard either. I DO agree that it is basically based on GOLD and unfortunately the economy in GW2 is so broken.

I think with the Mystic Clovers my issue is that I have to RNG my RNG… In other words, I have to hope that I get a Rare+ drop (RNG 1), then hope that when I salvage I get 1+ ecto (RNG 2), and last when I go to forge them I get Mystic Clovers (RNG 3). Just saying…