New Armor Types - list your suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: dbgamer.3407

dbgamer.3407

I know the player base has been begging for new model types for a while now, and I thought it might a good idea to list a few of the “wish list” armor ideas that people have.

I personally really like the CoF armor because of the fire that emanates off of it, so the first few things I think would be great are:

1. Ice/Water elemental armor skin
2. Lightning gloves/ armor skin
3. Air elemental armor skin – with bits of rock hovering around your armor
4. Additional fire armor

Some others that could be cool:

1. Skins that allow light, medium, and heavy users to have an atypical armor size. For example, make a skin that light users can wear that includes some plate or chain, or heavier type of look for that “Battlemage” look. Also, for those warriors who want to have a minimalistic look, introduce light/medium looks/ skins
2. Fractal armor – using the same concept as the fractal weapons
3. Legendary gear set – for those hard core peeps who want to attain an elite and high status gear set
4. Class specific armor (and weapons for that matter)- there are “Order” specific armor lines (Vigil, Whisperers etc.) so I think a class specific set for each class would be great – perhaps it could be tied into #3, where your legendary set could be class based.
5. Invisible armor skins – for those guys and gals who want to bare it all and face that dragon with nothing on but their skivvies!
6. Pact armor – to be bought with pact tokens the same as the pact weapons

8. This is probably a HUGE lift, but if you want true customization, the introduction of a “make your own armor” set would be awesome, with a number of sub-armor pieces that can be customized to create each piece of armor. For example, for your gloves, you can include plate, spikes, dents, straps, etc. that would allow even more customization. I’m probably dreaming on this one, but I thought I’d throw it in

What do YOU think would be a great armor set? Be specific, no bad ideas!

Arkenell of Fort Aspenwood

in Suggestions

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

armor types are cloth, leather and heavy, what you are asking for is more armor designs.
and yes, we really need more, it’s getting boring with all the boring armors and only really expensive ones being remotely special.

i like to have some armor that really looks like it’s in a fantasy world, armor that makes me think “i so want to have that” not “sigh, yet another boring design”
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/080/7/9/fantasy_armor_design_wip_by_blackcubes-d4th9ql.jpg
http://madartlab.com/files/2011/12/hildelarge.jpg
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs31/f/2008/229/1/0/RedMage_by_FantasyAce.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc32/Ahiru-Sama/RPCs/FemaleMage.png
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/7682/ca080609.jpg
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/gallery/6_Female%20Barbarian.jpg

i can only wonder why they keep on making the same stuff….

in Suggestions

Posted by: dbgamer.3407

dbgamer.3407

Those are all pretty awesome, and yes, your’re right, I’d like to see a whole new suite of armor designs, especially “legendary” ones that are rare and can let you stand out in the crowd.

Arkenell of Fort Aspenwood

in Suggestions

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

Zhaitan armor! If you have finished the personal story you should have access to his armor.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

It would be best if Anet would just add first more of the GW1 Armors into GW2 like they did with 3 armors and put them up into the Shop.

After that they should finally replace all those lame recycled armor skins with new armor skins.

Especially here:

• All the rare yellow dungeon armor sets, thjat are lame recycled armors of the pirate set ect. Make Dungeon Vendors sell normal Weapon/Armor Sets as also “Elite-Weapon/Armor” Sets, where the current armor designs should become after the patch the skins for the rare items, while the elite versions become the new exotic armor sets and after that one day anet should add a new tier 3 for dungeon weapon/ armor sets that would be on ascendend power level
    That way would anet bring back live to all the dungeons !!!
  • After that Anet should replace all those named armor sets, like “koss’ armor” with the real armors from the corresponding GW1 characters either, or rename all those silly named armors and completely replace them with new armor skins.
  • lastly, those armor skins from all those god shrine karma vendors should have their very own by the gods influenced skin.
    the karma items from the balthasar karma vendor should look totally different then those for example from the Dwayna, Grenth, Lyssa and Melandru shrine ones…

If Anet would do first all this, the game would be in overall alot better.
Nothing is worser in a MMORPG and more lame/uncreative, than tons of silly recycled armor/weapon skins……

I know, it saves alot of database space and such things to recycle tons of things in games like GW2, but is this really worth it, to let the game look like some epitome of pure uncreativeness, just so that the servers, databases ect. can save up some little MB of data???

I don’t think so … but I’m only a noob about that kind of topic and this is just my personal feeling about recycled skins. Reskins are for me just a sign of being uncreative.
Then just better have alot lesser items in the game, than to start recycling item skins, just to have tons of items in the game ….

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in Suggestions

Posted by: BlueCynder.5941

BlueCynder.5941

- more medium armor without trench coats.
-Heavy armor without skirts.
- Like the OP said class armor
- Shadow armor: Like the necro life force form but not as strong.
- More options for body covering light armor.

I’ll probably think of more later.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lodovicus.1562

Lodovicus.1562

As much as I like the fact that light/medium/heavy armour characters can wear any of the various sets, part of me thinks that a few suits of class specific armour wouldn’t go amiss.

I am not condoning class-specific drops in dungeons as that system quite frankly stinks when you end up with pieces that only one class can use, but perhaps the class trainers could sell a few sets of increasingly more expensive armour like the cultural armour vendors.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

• Larger selection of pants (as opposed to skirts) for female characters in both light and heavy armour (medium armours offer more than enough selection)
  • Likewise, more “skirts” for male characters
  • Including a “kilt” type
  • More “skimpy armour” for male characters (and I think the inclusion of “invisible armour” is a great idea)
  • Ethereal armour that is largely particle effects
  • More themed armour / release with living story chapters (Armour is much more visible on the characters than weapons. Consequently, I care about the looks of my armour a lot more than my weapon looks. I would be more inclined to achievet “skihn tickets” if they could be exchanged for armour instead of weapons.)

in Suggestions

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

It would be best if Anet would just add first more of the GW1 Armors into GW2 like they did with 3 armors and put them up into the Shop.

After that they should finally replace all those lame recycled armor skins with new armor skins.

i agree 100% on the GW1 armors, they should actually armors we can buy in-game and not in the gem store.
i do think that replacing designs is a bit of an overreaction, adding more low level armors is better then replacing because some ppl do like the boring ones, sometimes for RP reasons.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Armour pieces based on the different dragons, ideally dropping (in some shape or form) from dragon chests.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

I dream of a new armor set complete with everything still working on my boards!

Attachments:

# Asura because I’m worth it!