New Class Concept: Prophet. Updated.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rem.9627

Rem.9627

Q:

Prophet: A control class that uses its mid to high range damage and status effects to gain the edge on the battlefield, ripping conditions and boons off of allies and enemies alike using their mists born powers.
[[Attachments at bottom]]

W E A P O N S:
MAIN HAND:
Dagger
Sword
Shield

OFF HAND:
Dagger
Sword
Shield

TWO HAND:
Great Staff (Scythe)
Staff

ARMOR:
Heavy

SPECIALIZATION:
Mists Energy: The energy of the mists flows through you. Allowing the use of Mists based attacks, can be stacked up to 25.

S K I L L S
Dagger:
Main hand:
1.AUTO:
1st: Slash: hit up to three foes in front of you. Moderate Dmg.
2nd: Double tap: 2 hits on a single target. High Dmg.
3rd: Rip: 2 hits AOE, Weakness on second strike. Low Dmg.

2. SYNC 4s cd, Low to Moderate Dmg.
Stab your foe gaining their boons and conditions. [Does not steal boons, matches them up to 3 stacks max can be traited for total stacks.]

3. REPEL 10s cd. Moderate Dmg.
AOE Arc attack that transfers conditions to enemies and boons to allies within 600.

Offhand:
4. QUICKENING 7s cd. Moderate Dmg.
Consume your conditions and conditions of allies around you converting them to 1 “Mists Energy” stack. [AOE animation a kin to leaping death blossom with bits of mists energy.]

5. AZURE EDGE8s/5s/3s cd. Requirement: 1/2/3 Mists Energy. Low to High Dmg.
Release Mists Energy through your blades around you, chilling and burning enemies and giving regeneration to allies.
1 M.E.
Aoe Fire 1s
No chill
No Regen

2 M.E.
Aoe fire 3s
Chill 3s
Regen 3s

3 M.E.
Aoe fire 5s
Chill 5s
Regen 5s

Sword:
Main Hand:
1.AUTO:
1st: Slash your foes. Moderate Dmg.
2nd: Slash again. Moderate Dmg.
3rd: Stab single target gaining 1 Mists Energy. High Dmg.

2. HARVEST 6s cd. Moderate Dmg.
Teleport to your foe and deliver 5 strikes. Stealing one boon.
Stun 1s. Immobilization 1s.

3. ENTWINE 8s cd. Low to Moderate Dmg.
Stab your sword deep into your enemy leaving it in their torso.
For 5 seconds any conditions given to you are given to the enemy. Gain 1 Mists Energy.
Torment 5s.

3. SNARE Requirement: ENTWINE to be used first. Low to Moderate Dmg.
Pull the enemy towards you stripping its boons. 900 range.

Offhand:
4. AZURE WAVE 3s cd. Requirement: 5 Mists Energy. Moderate Dmg.
Send out a horizontal AOE cone wave slash.(much like mesmer but smaller.)
Burning and Chilling foes and giving might to allies for every enemy hit.
Knockback. Burn 10s. Chill 4 1/2s. Might 12s.

5. AZURE ZEPHYR 10s cd. High Dmg.
Slice and stab your foe with both blades quickly.
Quickness 1 1/2s.

Shield:
1.AUTO
1st: Jab your foe twice. Low Dmg.
2nd: Jab your foe twice. Moderate Dmg.
3rd: Bash small chance to stun. High Dmg.

2. ABSORB 8s cd.
Block incoming attacks gaining 2 Mists Energy.
Block 2s. 2 Mists Energy.

3. ANIMUS 7s cd. Requirement: 2 Mists energy. Moderate to High Dmg.
Stun your foe and hit them three times on the third hit knockback.
Stun 1 1/2s. Knockback. Confusion 1s.

Offhand:

4. ABSORB same as above.

5. AZURE WALL 20s cd. Requirement: 5 Mists Energy. Low Dmg.
Slam both shields into the ground raising an aetheric barrier that pulls enemies towards it stripping their boons and knocking them back. Anyone inside field receives those boons for as long as field is up. [Looks like Guardian shield bubble.]
Combo Field 10s. Pull. Knockback. Strip.

Great Staff (Scythe):
1. AUTO
1st: Deliver a three hit AOE. Moderate to High Dmg.
2nd: Deliver a two hit AOE. High Dmg on second hit. Bleed 3s.
3rd: Deliver a 3 hit spiral of AOE carnage. Low to Moderate Dmg.
1st hit: Bleed 2s. 2nd hit: Bleed 2s. 3rd hit: Torment 1s. 1 Mists Energy

2. MIST WALK 8s cd. Requirement: 1 Mists Energy. Moderate to High Dmg.
Harness the energy of the mists and shadow step leaving a blade trail behind you [Works just like whirlwind.] Gain 1 Infernal Energy for each enemy hit. Ripping conditions and boons off of your foes and conditions off of your allies.
Cripple 3s.

3. REAVER 8s cd. Moderate to High Dmg.
A quick 7 hit AOE combo that transfers all conditions to foes, cannot move while casting. [A kin to 100 blades.]
Knockback AOE sweep on last hit. Gain 2 Mists Energy.

4. WYLD REAP 7s cd. Low to Moderate Dmg.
Unleash a two hit AOE swing pulling in enemies within 500 radius.

5. AZURE ONSLAUGHT 15s cd. Requirement: 5 Mists Energy. High Dmg.
Deliver a devastating 9 hit combo to a single foe. [Like REAVER but much higher Dmg.]
With each hit: Burn 1s AOE Chill 1s AOE. Might 10s AOE allies. Last Hit: Knockback AOE.

Attachments:

(edited by Rem.9627)

in Suggestions

Posted by: FyiNight.5784

FyiNight.5784

its nice , cool, but probably gw2 wont do it.. sorry buddy =[

in Suggestions

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

The armor system would be too confusing.

in Suggestions

Rem.9627

Eh I dont think so, I think that having only certain slots dedicated to that type would be easy enough… but thanks for your reply…

bump-

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

I like the melee mage look. And I hope that you can come up with the lore that will allow more than just humans to fit well. remember, all the other classes fit all playable races because they are loose enough to mesh with different cultural needs.

On armor: Im in favor of just getting rid of armor classes. So that is no big deal for me.

in Suggestions

Rem.9627

Im working on rewriting this :p especially the lore…Im gonna post a PDF will skill icons and a colored image.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

I like the sword attacks, especially Harvest. Because if your target pops stability or a stun break, you still apply immob.
haha i didn’t even notice the shield/shield combo XD

in Suggestions

Rem.9627

hehe wait till u see the utilities and signets and such…working out a pdf with skill pictures…

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

OP, stop abusing the Q/A function if you have no intention of asking a question!

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

Rem.9627

Done, sorry :c didnt know that was eh…yeah sorry.

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Done, sorry :c didnt know that was eh…yeah sorry.

No problem, it’s just that:

1) Threads tagged as a question cannot be +1ed and
2) Some people misuse the Q/A function to make their thread stand out against everyone elses which can be misconstrued as a form of thread bumping (against CoC).

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

Rem.9627

Tried disabling it twice….didnt work…also making new thread soon with colored pics and pdf.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

It sounds like a decent idea. It seems like you want the support of something like a Guardian but the conditions of a Necromancer.

You need to keep the best attack at the end of the chain so people don’t avoid the 3rd attack to keep the higher DPS. Even if it applies weakness, chill, or vulnerability the pure damage could possible out DPS the chain.

This whole idea sounds more like you just want slight changes to the Necromancer more than a whole new profession. Infernal Energy = Life force, conditions, lots of AOE, etc. I just don’t think there is enough here to justify a new profession.

Maguuma Guardian

in Suggestions

Rem.9627

It sounds like a decent idea. It seems like you want the support of something like a Guardian but the conditions of a Necromancer.

You need to keep the best attack at the end of the chain so people don’t avoid the 3rd attack to keep the higher DPS. Even if it applies weakness, chill, or vulnerability the pure damage could possible out DPS the chain.

This whole idea sounds more like you just want slight changes to the Necromancer more than a whole new profession. Infernal Energy = Life force, conditions, lots of AOE, etc. I just don’t think there is enough here to justify a new profession.

While I appreciate the criticism this is more of a control class meaning stuns/chills/knockback…rather than just conditions like the necro…and even so its another melee class that sits on the front lines.. Not to mention the constant play with boons, necro’s deal more with fear/bleed…this class was an idea to help get rid of defiant stacks in pve…control zerg in wvw and just to push off of spots in pvp…. I am still tweaking the pdf though and maybe some input is necessary. Thanks again :p

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neek.9531

Neek.9531

I love the idea of this class but have just one problem the whole infernal energy and fire theme seems a little overdone with you know elementalists and guardians having that under their belt. However I think a better theme for the class would be a full on knight profession imbedded in the mystical power and magic of the mists. Almost like the mists is their source of power. This would provide them with a huge range of mist like attacks and AoE’s. A a giant mist forms at target location that causes attacks to miss. Harness the energy of the mists into a spear, hurling at your foe and drag them in. Create a dome of mist essence that slows all enemy cool downs and movements by 20%.

[DI] Main Elementalist: Zepdo, Alts: Warrior, Mesmer,Thief.

in Suggestions

Neek.9531

Also I feel the class should simply be full heavy armor. Since their already two of them they can fill the missing third that never existed. The whole half heavy, half medium really seems interesting yet unappealing.

in Suggestions

Rem.9627

Also I feel the class should simply be full heavy armor. Since their already two of them they can fill the missing third that never existed. The whole half heavy, half medium really seems interesting yet unappealing.

You know part of me wants this to be full heavy too…a lot.. maybe it should be mist based as well.. as in the mists.

in Suggestions

Neek.9531

You know part of me wants this to be full heavy too…a lot.. maybe it should be mist based as well.. as in the mists.

Yeah it fills in really well with lore and even the current living story. And on the plus side it would be extremely easy to implement. Oh a new land is found where a cult of wizard knights are delving into harnessing the power of the mists. In said cult/college all races of Tyria are seen helping progress the studies. The possibilities are endless and the more I think about the more excited I get. Ill continue to think about this and any ideas I get ill share.

in Suggestions

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Well let me ask you this OP. Based on the devs class balancing philosophies seen here.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-December-14-2012/first#post999247

How would you describe your proposed profession along those lines, in comparision to the other professions?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Suggestions

Neek.9531

Well let me ask you this OP. Based on the devs class balancing philosophies seen here.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-December-14-2012/first#post999247

How would you describe your proposed profession along those lines, in comparision to the other professions?

I would say it lies with close range combat than provides and emphasis support and control of the terrain. They rip booms from enemies and copy them to their allies. They can manipulate boons and gain charges from attacks that eventually allow the class to do ‘something’. They have a good number of cc knockdowns, walls, and mass blindness skills that help mitigate over all damage.

in Suggestions

Rem.9627

I would say it lies with close range combat than provides and emphasis support and control of the terrain. They rip booms from enemies and copy them to their allies. They can manipulate boons and gain charges from attacks that eventually allow the class to do ‘something’. They have a good number of cc knockdowns, walls, and mass blindness skills that help mitigate over all damage.

^ what he said and more… there is nothing to mitigate Defiant properly in this game…either…and given there isnt a class focused on close combat cc (yes every class has a couple skills) but not focused….this would be a welcome addition…you see we have to give up the old holy trinity (tank healer dps) for the new holy trinity (damage, control, support.) and the difference between these two trinities is that one locks classes into types while the other allows any class to “spec” into that type…and since we have A LOT of DPS and A LOT of support, we are missing that one thing….Control…when have you seen a class that focuses on kockback chill stun cripple immobilize, and I dont mean spec into this or spec into that I mean its main focus regardless of tree type?

Theres an updated pic…might have to rework it again cause i am not entirely happy with it…when Im finished it will be colored…I have a couple of the skill Icons done…as well.

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Dervish-please/first#post3307821

Nuff said …

Why do you make basically 2 x the same thread, because I see you here, whne I look at your drawings, basically suggesting only a dervish revamp with a complete unfitting class name.

The concept is nothing else again, than just a wannabe grim reaper, but now this time you put it way too much Elementalist/Guardian into it too (what has been mentioned here already before me) (lol Great Staff, something like this doesn’t even exist as weapon type)

It also can’t exist Classes with mixed armor types, this is just nonsense…
Either your Class is a complete medium class, or a complete heavy class, but not both…
Otherwise ANet would have to open up multi type armor equipment for all other classes too.

Again you copy here thief mechanics in combat with daggers for concept, in regard of combat effects, because thiefs already perform weakness with daggers through poison and being traited with Lotus Poison or in AoE form with the Short Bow Skil that puts enemies in AoE poison and again with Lotus Poison you have your AoE Weakness.
With their Offhand dagger Skills they can hit 3 targets, what you want to give your class as Auto Attack, wahat the Thief already has weith its Auto Attack for Short Bow.

If you would have any clues about, what prophets are, you’d not suggest to give your concept this unfitting name, because it totally offers absolutely nothing that has to do with what Prophets stand for.

Prophets are basically Harbingers of Gods (there again you have somethign divine, that fits not to the lore of all playable races) because a prophet brigns others, the mere mortals the words of the gods, they are their voice.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophet

When will people finally learn to keep religious stuff out of games? Its the main reason, why we will never see again Dervishs in their old form in GW2, they were a religious based class, same like the Monk

Cool drawing, but thats all, the concept self is not very well thought out ..

You should become drawer, surely not class concepter, thats my impression.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in Suggestions

Rem.9627

I mean no disrespect from what I am about to say, but honestly someone needs to say something…
Prophet Noun :
a person who advocates or speaks in a visionary way about a new belief, cause, or theory.
“a prophet of radical individualism”
a person who makes or claims to be able to make predictions.
It does not have to be religious you wikipedia scholar, you.

I never once mentioned using poison… for your thief comment…eles use double daggers are they ripping off thieves too?

Also hood and scythe=/= reaper I have a thief who uses a hood, does that make him a reaper….kitten , your post is filled with some otherworldly hate as if your some expert on the matter of new classes, as with the problem with most people today they all think they know what the hell is best for everyone and don’t have any humility. Grow up.

And while I may have posted about a Dervish, from the overwhelming negative response i decided to do something creative and yes its lore may even be tied to dervish it could be an order that allows everyone to play as a “spiritual successor”
to dervish, what have you done, besides complain I mean?

What are you trying to do to make sure this game dosnt die in a few years? Cause at this rate without some meaningful content thats whats going to happen.

That’s besides the point then you make a recommendation that I shouldn’t be a concept designer…if you knew anything about me you’d know I work as a concept lead…. this is the problem with people today…speak before you know, look before you leap… And on top of that a close minded mentality that operates in “black or white” and has no shades of grey… (ex: Dervish they were a religious based class, same like the monk, Prophets are basically harbengers of the gods…) Firstly Dervish can be changed it has been 200 years, and with the silence of the so called gods things either change or die…period. Secondly….you can be a prophet and have nothing to do with religion… You can proclaim something about a future event….i.e the dragons returning, and you can also tie their lore in with dervish; maybe some of the order knew that at a specific point when X happens Y happens…and thus when X (gods silent) then Y (Restructuring of their inner society, and eventually Dragons awakening some hundred years later.) Even if it wasnt linked to dervish you could always do a spiritual successor to it.

You also laugh at the new weapon type that has been suggested many many times by other forum people. Not to mention with Arena Net already saying they were going to add more weapon types into the game after giving the other classes more already existing weapon types. One of the most recommended was a “Bo staff” or “Great staff” or basically a melee staff….

As for this being the same thread, it is not…because clearly it is NOT a dervish it is unique its in own aspects from dervish besides being able to use a scythe. Read the kitten skills if you cant understand how it differs that is your own problem.

BTW a concept is a concept is a concept…. a concept simply means to come forth with an idea and set it on the table it therefore cannot be either good nor bad as it is just concept and not finalized….

As for your comment about it being an elementalist/guardian…All of the classes have skills that seem like they come from another (on paper that is) until you see its functionality in game. You may be imagining something entirely different from me, and are assuming we are thinking of the same thing….It could be similar but most likely not the same.

As for mixed armor type, it was a concept to not have Anet design a whole new 4th armor type between medium and heavy, an easier alternative, and yes i believe they should open up mixed armor for everyone but thats besides the point. If you read the other posts you would have known I already thought about making it heavy due to the lack of the 3rd heavy profession, and I am still working out kinks in its design.

I grow tired of your rude comments sir/ma’am please be more constructive in the future.

(edited by Rem.9627)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brave Mallyki.1563

Brave Mallyki.1563

How would dual wielding shields work? Would you use them like cymbals like in cartoons when you the smash together garbage-can lids around someone’s head?

Vox Invictus [VOX] – Crystal Desert
PvP Rank – 151 – Dragon
WvW Rank – 1,120 – Silver Colonel

in Suggestions

Rem.9627

How would dual wielding shields work? Would you use them like cymbals like in cartoons when you the smash together garbage-can lids around someone’s head?

More like bashing boxing gloves…uppercuts jabs and such.

in Suggestions

Neek.9531

See this is why I like the concept of this class. Dual shields you would think that it would be pointless but there’s always something you can do. That what this game needs, uniqueness. Dual shields definitely adds some flavor, how about a staff for melee combat. The profession (I still think it being centered on harnessing the mist would be really good lore and implementation wise) focuses solely on cc( stuns,nock backs, knock downs etc.) definitely very interesting I feel and should really be implemented in my honest opinion.

in Suggestions

Neek.9531

If you do decide to delve into to making this profession about the mist I would make the concept art have the left hand surrounded with mist instead of the foamy effect. But it’s your concept don’t let me tell you what to do.

in Suggestions

Rem.9627

Hmm, also boxing combos and such oh and yea changing it to mists…soon…as far as infernal energy just change it to mists enegery.

in Suggestions

Neek.9531

Anyone else like this concept

in Suggestions

Posted by: fetchbot.6870

fetchbot.6870

good stuff man keep it up id like to see the full deal rem shoot me a friend invite and if you need any help bouncing ideas I’m all in to help you out homie

in Suggestions

Rem.9627

good stuff man keep it up id like to see the full deal rem shoot me a friend invite and if you need any help bouncing ideas I’m all in to help you out homie

Will do bro, a little busy now but ill add you today. Id like to bounce ideas too.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seraph.6145

Seraph.6145

I’d play with dat clASS forever!
It’s so…perfect!
Two Swords, man! ;>

in Suggestions

Rem.9627

I’d play with dat clASS forever!
It’s so…perfect!
Two Swords, man! ;>

Why thank you, same for me as I don’t feel at home on any class atm….

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rain.8291

Rain.8291

I’m interested to see how this progresses… a heavy-type mage (with dual shields! =O) sounds like my type of class.

in Suggestions

Rem.9627

LORE and Other skills:

Lore: Prophets of the end times, a mysterious cult order born from the mists whom was thought to be legend only appearing at the awakening of the dragons. It is unclear whom they serve, but it is clear that they come in Tyria’s time of need. They do not worship gods or nature but the infinite energy of the mists and everything within it, to them everything is sacred. They seemingly posses knowledge of future events as if lived first hand, they also claim to be able to “jump between dimensions of here and now and there and when,” their goal is stopping what they call Irkalla, or the great void, nothingness, a place of no return. Irkalla has claimed many existences in which the dragons were not stopped.

Heal:
AZURE SERGE 20/30s/35s cd.
Use the energy of the mists to heal yourself. Each stack of Mists Energy heals for more and provides bonuses.
0: 4,000 heal.
1-3: 5000-6,500 heal. Regen and Retaliation 3s.
4: 7,200 heal. Regen and Retaliation 5s, transfer 2 conditions. Gain 3 Mists Energy

HEALING HYMN Passive 0s cd. Active 20s cd.
Chant using the mists energy to heal over time transferring a condition every 40s.
Passive: Healing: 200\300\400\500. a second. (Can be Improved by Mists Energy 0\3\5\7.)
Active: Healing 2,500. For 5s Your attacks return 10% of damage as health. Cure up to 3 conditions.

Utility:
SIGNET OF DOMINATION Passive 0s cd. Active 35s cd.
Passive: All control effects last 20% longer. Increase endurance regeneration. Gain 1 Mists Energy every 30 seconds.
Active: AOE explosion knockback. [Kinda like when one levels up/Stomp.]
Chill 5s. Stun breaker. Removes movement impairing effects. Swiftness 5s

SIGNET OF PROPHECY Passive 0s cd. Active 30s cd.
Passive: Improves Power and Percision.
Active: Fury 10s. Might5 10s. Gain 1 Mists Energy.

SIGNET OF SOULS Passive 0s cd. Active 60s cd.
Passive: Improves movement speed by 25% and decreases damage by 5%.
Active: Revive nearby downed player. Gain 5 Mists Energy.

ELYSIUM 50s cd.
Mists teleport to target. Your next 2 attacks stun.
Stun 1 1/4s.

PURGE 40s cd.
Remove all conditions gaining an opposite boon for each condition removed.

FORESIGHT 60s cd.
For 4 seconds any incoming control effects are reflected back to its source.

HYMN OF SPEED 60s cd.
Quickness 6s. Incoming damage increased by 5%. Endurence Regen Decreased by 10%. Lose 1 Mists Energy.

AZURE AURA 90s cd.
Gain 5 Mists Energy. Split into three, two of which being Mists Distortions (parallel dimension you’s) If one of the Mists Distortions is hit: stealth 5s. [Each of the three looks like they are affected by quickness as they split up. i.e wavy and foggy. They go through the attack animations but only the real one does damage.]

Elite:
SACRAFICE 160s cd.
For 15 seconds you take all damage and conditions for one targeted ally. Gaining 10 Mists Energy.

PROPHETIC CHANT 90s cd.
For 10 seconds future events flood your mind as words spill from your lips. Giving you insight to combat every three seconds.
One of these at random every 3 seconds: Aegis 5s. Quickness 3s. Vigor 3s. Fury 3s

OP has been edited too.

(edited by Rem.9627)

in Suggestions

Neek.9531

I would say that some skills are very over powers but a great place to start. What would be the main class mechanic however? Like ele’s have attunments, necro’s death shroud. Etc.??

in Suggestions

Rem.9627

uh, it would be pretty much mists energy… and its uses.

Eh tbh it still need s a lot of feedback and balancing…but the whole problem is theorycrafting…never works.

Can you tell me what skills seem overpowered…? So I can take another look at balancing again..Im already looking up existing skills and cooldowns and stuff…to try to match them.

(edited by Rem.9627)

in Suggestions

Neek.9531

Well I feel the first healing skill should use some toning down. 8,000+ healing seems a bit much considering the average is 5,000. I would have the time scale to how much you heal, let’s say you heal 4k you get a 25 second cool down, 5k you get a 30s cd, 6k-7k you get 35s cd, and 8k cd.

Another thing is that I don’t like how many previous class mechanics are mushed in. You should replace mantra with something else because Mesmers all ready have them. Elysium shouldn’t be a a shadow step because only thieves do that but should be a dimensional mist teleport instead.

in Suggestions

Rem.9627

Well I feel the first healing skill should use some toning down. 8,000+ healing seems a bit much considering the average is 5,000. I would have the time scale to how much you heal, let’s say you heal 4k you get a 25 second cool down, 5k you get a 30s cd, 6k-7k you get 35s cd, and 8k cd.

Another thing is that I don’t like how many previous class mechanics are mushed in. You should replace mantra with something else because Mesmers all ready have them. Elysium shouldn’t be a a shadow step because only thieves do that but should be a dimensional mist teleport instead.

Well tbh I just used shadow step as a reference(lack of a better word)…Mist teleport is nice…Done taking that now.

IDK most heals are actually in the 7k range…tbh warriors heals 9k guardians 8k thieves hide in shadow is 7k if u count the regen. But i like the cooldown idea, you dont think having the mists energy would be enough of a setback?

Btw a Mantra is just a chant, I get that mesmers have it…but eh ill figure something else out for the name.

in Suggestions

Rem.9627

please add more feedback.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orthas.4937

Orthas.4937

honestly, im all for a new class, but i DO see where the guy who said this is just a dervish is coming from… i mean… the picture you drew seems very close to what a variation of adding most of the old dervish “avatar” skills together
http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/thumb/6/67/Gods_of_Tyria_Avatars.png/375px-Gods_of_Tyria_Avatars.png
for example.

aside from that, you COULD use the dervish….. since when does “faith” require a god to actually be there?(see that? hitting every religion at the same time without being specific or technically offensive)
All you would have to do is make the kit modern and fix up the lore. i mean, there isn’t really that much that’s been heard from Elona.

I do like the concept here though, its quite nice, even if a full CC class would abuse the crap out of giver’s weapons and having more than 2 in a dungeon would be a negative, oh and having less than half the people in your WvW zerg would be negative also.(its all in the balance)

Newguy – GOM

I play when I can and help who I can

in Suggestions

Rem.9627

I was planning to make this a spiritual successor to dervish. Even inlore.

in Suggestions

Neek.9531

Instead of the dervish focusing on just human gods, this profession follows faith simply to the mists. This makes lore and the fact ckitten’t believe in gods etc.

in Suggestions

Rem.9627

yea exactly…;p

in Suggestions

Rem.9627

Hm I will be adding more info today. Just a heads up.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

More like bashing boxing gloves…uppercuts jabs and such.

I’m guess you already know this and I haven’t read through the whole thread but shields were often used very effectively as offensive weapons too through their ability to cause blunt force damage, also I believe that some shields were sharpened around the edges for the ability to cut, for this they weren’t as effective if I remember correctly. But in conclusion I suppose what I am trying to say is I agree that shields should be allowed to be used as a main hand offensive weapon as they are in your class suggestion.

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”