New Gem Store Item: 1-80 XP Pack

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chev.1783

Chev.1783

I just finished leveling my first Alt. in WvW. What a time that was! It took forever and all that time I spent with sub par armor and weapons I only now get to see what playing a fully geared Engi in WvW is like.

The whole experience made me think how much money I would pay to get a character to level 80 without the grind. Those of us that play WvW would be in to that in a significant way.

Why not make a XP pack that levels a character from 1-80 with one click? Make it $40 worth of gems.

Now the real kicker is the snowball effect this causes. This character will not make any money or karma getting to level 80 so you will have to gear that character up. A player may have enough stuff sitting around for one more character, but most do not have enough for multiple. This will cause an increase in gem to gold conversions and more money for ANet. Then, a player may decide to play another character type and do this, but now they have to buy another character slot, more money. Then a sly player figures out that if they use this they get some hand ful of skill points and they can use that for their legendary, they buy more 1-80 XP packs.

I would buy at least one of these. I am bored with leveling up alts. I just want to bring my level 80 geared up character to WvW.

What do you say? Take my money!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

It would probably suck to be lvl 80 without having any utility skills … You’d need like 200 more levels in WvW to get all the skills … And then you’d still be stuck with the bad equip.

And especially since you’re complaining about up-scaled content …

in Suggestions

Posted by: jpnova.4572

jpnova.4572

What would be nice is an xp container, you can use it on a character and all the xp it gains is filled into the container, using it on a low level character provides all the stored xp.

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Not only that, but it technically already exists. Buy gems, convert to gold, buy materials, craft your way to 80. Wouldn’t even cost you 40€, more like 10-15.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

There is a normal way (pve), an easy way (crafting) and a in-between way (wvw). Why would you want an easier way than crafting? Less clicks?

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

in Suggestions

Chev.1783

Whelp, I see lots of constructive criticism here, so I will try address some of this stuff.

You get a skill point for each level, so problem solved. You would not have every skill unlocked, but enough to play. You could ten do skill point challenges in WvW or PvE if you need more.

This is not pay to win, this is pay to not grind. ANet already has pay not to grind, it is called gems to gold. I hate PvE and I don’t want it forced on me. If you think that grinding all of your Alts to 80 makes you better than me, think about how that is true? Money can already get you everything else in the game, gold, armor, , a legendary, why not leveled to 80? If you don’t want to spend your money, play the old fashion way.

The XP container to gain XP from other caracter would be nice, but this would not gain ANet as much money.

Crafting is one way, but crafting is useless. once you get level 400 crafting you never use it again. This would be a way to get the same goal without having the crafting profession maxed out and ANet might make some more money on the player that later decides they want to max out a profession.

PvE, is the “normal” way of leveling. PvE is boring especially the second or third time through. WvW is midway, but leveling a character in WvW is slow and your character is mostly underpowered and geared. PvP should be about skill, not gear, or levels. This would give the option to eliminate that portion. This would be a convience option for not crafting. This would be a lot less clicks, a lot less trips to the trading post and a lot more “get to the fun”. It should probably be 10-20% more dollars than crafting would be, but that convience would come at the price of not having crafting professions at level 400.

This game starts at 80. WvW, fractals, dungeons…….. all of this is level 80 content. Why would a person have to spend 80+ hours getting new characters there if they decide they want a new playstyle?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

Yes I agree with buying a lvl 1-80 potion or a lvl 80 character. Leveling is really boring no matter how fast some people may consider it. Ok, I leveled up once character, I have seen most of the game world if not all, I don’t need to repeat everything again just to be able to level up. There are hundreds of MMOs on the market if I’d like that system. I just want to play a new profession and to play what I want.
I think a booster up potion that will give you 20 levels would be good for a price of 400 gems. I dislike crafting in all and every game so it shouldn’t be forced on me as the fastest way to buy your new lvl 80

in Suggestions

Posted by: Toast.6459

Toast.6459

Hands down, worst idea I’ve seen, shouldn’t even have to explain why.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Probably the worst thing they can do, doing this would be even worse than adding more RNG boxes, which is already borderline criminal.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

This game is designed around the fact that level 20 gameplay is the same as level 80 gameplay. WvW scales you up. PvP scales you up. At 80 you’re still running auto-scaled DEs in level 40 zones for the fun/karma/completion anyway. Autoleveling will never be added. Not to mention, you already have crafting for 1-80 without needing to actually play the game. And you can level in WvW anyway. Just play WvW from level 2-80 and you’ll eventually hit max. From what I’ve heard, if you’re good you’ll level pretty fast too. So, why do you need an auto-leveler?

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

So, why do you need an auto-leveler?

I dont like any crafting or PvP. Why do i need to grind levels just to play my single player storyline?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I dont like any crafting or PvP. Why do i need to grind levels just to play my single player storyline?

Because there’s more to GW2 than just your personal storyline. Man, why does everyone feel so entitled that they should have everything handed to them for no work & no strings attached? So all you want to do is play your personal story? You bought a whole game for that…you don’t like any other aspect of the game….you bought the wrong game.

Seems like some people bought a game thinking it was going to be their way right away all times. This isn’t a game tailor made for just you. If it were only a personal story, it’d be a short, linear game and I’d be disappointed. You want only personal story, play Halo. Got a really cool story and you don’t have to craft or gear up or play with others.

I’m tired of people buying MMORPGs and not wanting to MMO or RPG or play the game at all, just have their one favorite aspect handed to them from the start, no questions asked. OP wants to have max gear for WvW without the effort of earning it. I play PvE only; should I be given ascended gear without playing fractals or running dailies/monthlies cuz “I don’t like that stuff?” NO. I’m all for no gear treadmill, making things easier to attain without a pointless grind (and I mean the actual definition of grind, not the way people refer to leveling 1-80 as a grind). But I refuse to accept a gem store item that lets players bypass playing the game at all. In a way it’s already there in the form of crafting your way 1-80. All you gotta do is spend the time maxing those crafts out. But you don’t even want to be bothered with that…..wow……..

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

But you don’t even want to be bothered with that…..wow……..

No man, I have leveled one characters to lvl 80, beaten the storyline, got my world completion star. I dont need to do the same thing with the other characters. I just want to play different storylines but i am forced to grind things to be able to see them.
I dont understand what bothers you if I have 8 lvl 80 s with a cash shop potion? Am I standing in your way of leveling? I don’t think so.
I am playing like 1h in day so it took me like 4 moths to get to lvl 80. I don’t think I would spend another 28 months to have all the professions lvl 80.

in Suggestions

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

Again this post, and the answer is still no

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

But you don’t even want to be bothered with that…..wow……..

No man, I have leveled one characters to lvl 80, beaten the storyline, got my world completion star. I dont need to do the same thing with the other characters. I just want to play different storylines but i am forced to grind things to be able to see them.
I dont understand what bothers you if I have 8 lvl 80 s with a cash shop potion? Am I standing in your way of leveling? I don’t think so.
I am playing like 1h in day so it took me like 4 moths to get to lvl 80. I don’t think I would spend another 28 months to have all the professions lvl 80.

If you want a level 80 character in a different profession. Then you should have to level that character. Because that is your training to lean how to play that profession.

in Suggestions

Chev.1783

Wow lots of emotions against this idea.

I guess I have to ask, how does this idea hurt your gameplay experience?

Does giving ANet money to continue developing this game hurt you?
Does having more people that are level 80 to play with you hurt your game?
Do level 80s that have no karma have some advantage over your “properly” leveled character?
Does a way to pull some of the gold out of the hands of players hurt you?
Are you jealous of the idea of players not having to grind out 80 levels?
Is this somehow more harmful to your experience playing than players that crafted to level 80?
Do you feel like if this was offered you would then be forced to participate?
Does this give any advantage in PvP other than leveling the playing field in WvW?

This is actually in the spirit of what ANet was offering.
This lets you play your way. Skill to win, not grind to win. Imagine Counter Strike where you have to level up your character before you have a fighting chance?
The argument that WvW upscales you is a poor argument. The upscaling in WvW is poor at best. There are a few situations where the upscaled characters are as good, but 90% of them are free badges for the enemy team.

Yes this is coming from a PvP player. I do not have world completion. I am not interested. I got to level 80 and only come back to PvE to get ascended armor.

Really I ask, why is your way of play better than my ideal way of play? Why should I not have the option to play as I like?

How would that hurt you?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Because while you yourself might use it responsibly, a vast number of people would not. They would buy their levels, not have the slightest clue how to actually play the profession, and ruin other people’s experience by failing at the simplest tasks.

It’s pretty amazing ANet’s managed to give sPvP instant 80’s without such issues, but they had to balance very carefully and there is still, I believe, a marked difference between new players and those who have practiced their profession a good deal. In the open PvE world that balance can’t be met.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

How would that hurt you?

It would without a doubt completely void the game world of players. Yeah sure, Anet would most certainly make bank off of it, but it’s obvious you have no idea how this would effect the game.

You can’t just showcase something like that and expect only a few people to go for it. Everyone will get it, and every zone besides WvW and Orr will be emptier then it already is. Yeah, that’s for sure healthy for the game in the long run.

If you want to play an alt, play it.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in Suggestions

Toast.6459

Wow lots of emotions against this idea.

I guess I have to ask, how does this idea hurt your gameplay experience?

Does giving ANet money to continue developing this game hurt you?
Does having more people that are level 80 to play with you hurt your game?
Do level 80s that have no karma have some advantage over your “properly” leveled character?
Does a way to pull some of the gold out of the hands of players hurt you?
Are you jealous of the idea of players not having to grind out 80 levels?
Is this somehow more harmful to your experience playing than players that crafted to level 80?
Do you feel like if this was offered you would then be forced to participate?
Does this give any advantage in PvP other than leveling the playing field in WvW?

This is actually in the spirit of what ANet was offering.
This lets you play your way. Skill to win, not grind to win. Imagine Counter Strike where you have to level up your character before you have a fighting chance?
The argument that WvW upscales you is a poor argument. The upscaling in WvW is poor at best. There are a few situations where the upscaled characters are as good, but 90% of them are free badges for the enemy team.

Yes this is coming from a PvP player. I do not have world completion. I am not interested. I got to level 80 and only come back to PvE to get ascended armor.

Really I ask, why is your way of play better than my ideal way of play? Why should I not have the option to play as I like?

How would that hurt you?

The lower level zones are empty enough, why even have them there if something like this got added. I’ve seen a lot of terrible suggestions for a lot of different games, but I think this one just took the #1 spot, and will remain there for quite a while.

in Suggestions

Chev.1783

Lower level zones are already void. Except for the ones with dragons in them. The reason lower level zones are empty is that people are sick of the low level zones by the time they are on their third way through. Lots of us level characters in WvW. You never got to see my Engi anyway. Still not hurting your gameplay. Here is a counter argument. A player decides they want to try a new profession after 800 hours of gameplay and hundreds of dollars in Gem purchases. The thought of grinding out 80 levels again disillusions them, and they quit, never to populate any zone, or give ANet any more money. Which would you rather see?

The whole argument about meeting a newbie level 80 that is not worth their weight, is completely false. You do that every day. Anyone can grind to level 80 given enough time. Not just anyone can be good playing the game. Besides, in PvE does it really matter? Except for Fractals, where there is gated leveling, any one can make it through with some expert coaching about mechanics……….. Ohh wait, a person that has already played through knows the mechanics………….. may be some constrictive criticism. Maybe you cannot purchase this unless you have a level 80 already?

What I find interesting is that it sounds like people seem to put their, and therefore others’ self worth on being level 80. Guess what, that is not an accomplishment. That is a show of time played. Thus the argument for getting over the leveling process and to the meat of the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I don’t like crafting, pvp, wvw, gathering, killing, dungeons, fotm, exploring, jumping puzzles and grinding either but I do want to have a lvl 80 with full ascended and a legendary,

/sarcasm

Why do you want to play the game if you don’t like to play the game? No one is forcing you. Logging out can be found under f12

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

Hands down, worst idea I’ve seen, shouldn’t even have to explain why.

Fine. Than maybe you shouldn’t.

The idea is great! +1

in Suggestions

JubeiTM.5763

How would that hurt you?

It would without a doubt completely void the game world of players. Yeah sure, Anet would most certainly make bank off of it, but it’s obvious you have no idea how this would effect the game.

You can’t just showcase something like that and expect only a few people to go for it. Everyone will get it, and every zone besides WvW and Orr will be emptier then it already is. Yeah, that’s for sure healthy for the game in the long run.

If you want to play an alt, play it.

To you and to all who oppose this brilliant idea:

Do you think veterans level their alts manually in PVE? They never do. Why should they? Everybody has already seen those events over and over. Should they grind themselves to death just so you can see a bored player slaughter MOA’S? No! It would be stupid and not efficient in terms of time and gold. in the mean time they could help guild mates in various challenges.

I have 3 alts to level 80. How I did it? For each I craft 3-4 professions… using crafting boosters I get almost 10 levels/profession at level 400 crafting. In the mean time i swap my character at the end of any dungeon. COF Path 1 ends in less than 10 minutes (without Zerk Rush, that would end in 5-6 minutes) . Do the math. True story bro, in 2-3 days with a moderate effort I can push an alt to level 80. The cost? 40-50 gold at most. The game allows speed leveling. But for this I also have to suffer a few hours of crafting. I hate that. So why not contribute with a +5 gold to Arena Net and get the level 80 directly. – 50 Gold would seem a fair price.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

I just want to play different storylines

Let me help you out a bit: There are none.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I’d say bye bye low level zones then. They’re already not really lively, that would completely kill them. And most people don’t go the crafting way because it’s too much effort. Such a one-click-item would be massively used though.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Suggestions

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Great idea, while we are at it lets add items for auto-complete your personal story, a chest that gives full exotic armour and weapons with choice of stats. Pay to win is defiantly what this game needs. #sarcasm

This idea completely defeats the object of the game!

While we’re at it, let’s add a gemstore option to spawn a group of AI-controlled enemies in front of you, with selectable classes, specs and AI “difficulty”, from “Rambling Incoherent” to “Mildly Annoying if I’m Akitten”. They reward WXP and loot like actual WvW opponents. But without all the annoying parts, like the enemy fighting back.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Suggestions

Toast.6459

To all the people saying “this idea is brilliant”, one question for you. Are you so pathetically lazy that you can’t even play a game anymore? I do truly hope you people aren’t of my generation, because I would be ashamed to be grouped with you.

Oh and little something for ya’ll to think about, this ain’t WoW, the game is the leveling. It’s not 80 mindless grinding levels and then some boring endgame raids you spam over and over. I would think that would be obvious, but considering this suggestion is here and even being supported, it must not be.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

I hate leveling and I’ve leveled 2 characters with crafting alone but this is an awful idea. If you really wanted to spend that amount of money on GW2 you can easily craft to a high level or even straight to 80 with the same amount paid. GW2 is simply to easy to level as is.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Whitey.6185

Whitey.6185

No, this is the worst suggestion I’ve seen for this game, followed by flying mounts.

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

I don’t like crafting, pvp, wvw, gathering, killing, dungeons, fotm, exploring, jumping puzzles and grinding either but I do want to have a lvl 80 with full ascended and a legendary,

/sarcasm

Why do you want to play the game if you don’t like to play the game? No one is forcing you. Logging out can be found under f12

I dont like to grind, which includes legendaries and ascended too. I just want to see the different storylines. What is whrong in that? The only thing I would spend the money on would be the new character slot.
In GW1 I had 23 characters who have beaten all the campaigns’ storilnes and still i have the quest log full. This is the way i want to play, In GW1 you could get to lvl max level in 5-10h and you didn’t need to grind the hearts, oh sorry the quests.
Once you have beaten the game once you know what to do and what skills to use for your heroes so you could have a lot of alts and not get frustrated with grinding the levels

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

To all the people saying “this idea is brilliant”, one question for you. Are you so pathetically lazy that you can’t even play a game anymore? I do truly hope you people aren’t of my generation, because I would be ashamed to be grouped with you.

I think you misunderstand the meaning of two words: lazy and busy

in Suggestions

Posted by: Advert Paperer.7059

Advert Paperer.7059

Are you so pathetically lazy that you can’t even play a game anymore?

What about a compromise solution that allows people to transfer experience between characters? Would that overcome the “lazy” concern?

[5 Mystic Forge Stones] + [5 Crystals] = [Jug of Liquid Experience]

Assume that consuming the Jug grants the usual dungeon completion reward (70% experience). Drinking your way from 2-80 would be prohibitively expensive (approx 330 skill points, plus 85 gold or equivalent real-world money). The only advantage that it would have over crafting is that it would involve fewer clicks (especially if they included a 10x recipe, as is the case with Mystic Clovers).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Buy gems, convert to gold, buy materials, craft your way to 80. Wouldn’t even cost you 40€, more like 10-15.

and the last thing we need is more people that have no idea how to play their classes, the amount that the demands of the casuals drags down the skill level of the game via nerfs is bad enough, don’t need people who just started the game showing up in arah p4

(edited by Player Character.9467)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tierce.5370

Tierce.5370

If Anet were to offer something like the item described by the OP, I’d think they’d send the message that they condone players ignoring their content and getting to be uber-80s as long as those players have the cash to pay to skip.

(edited by Tierce.5370)

in Suggestions

Toast.6459

I fail to understand how that’s an excuse. You don’t have to play a game, there’s this funny thing called time management too. Log on, play a little, have fun, log off.

@Mystic Forge recipe, not as terrible as this idea, but still no. You’re all essentially asking for Arena Net to make the game instant cap, and I fail to see how any of you think that’s a good idea.

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

I fail to understand how that’s an excuse. You don’t have to play a game, there’s this funny thing called time management too. Log on, play a little, have fun, log off.

I will quote myself from a previous post: “I am playing like 1h in day so it took me like 4 months to get to lvl 80. I don’t think I would spend another 28 months to have all the professions lvl 80.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

So don’t, there’s already the option for you to use your 80 to get gold, and turn that gold into exp using crafting. Current tp costs and the dynamic crafting guides puts that at about 10h of farming (not counting what you get from selling your crafts) to get the money for leveling 1 character to 80 if you do it right.

Edit: It also shouldn’t take you 120 hours to get to 80 if all you were trying to do is level…

(edited by Player Character.9467)

in Suggestions

Toast.6459

I will quote myself from a previous post: “I am playing like 1h in day so it took me like 4 months to get to lvl 80. I don’t think I would spend another 28 months to have all the professions lvl 80.”

If some nagging voice is “forcing” you to max every profession, time management isn’t your problem.

Anyway: Incredibly close to pay2win, terrible idea, defeats the purpose of the game, won’t ever happen. Comprende?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

You misunderstand the meaning of the words: “trivializing” and “game”.

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

Anyway: Incredibly close to pay2win, terrible idea, defeats the purpose of the game, won’t ever happen. Comprende?

So, lets me rephrase what you said:
A 5 second potion from 1-80 will be a pay to win and a gem-gold craft for 10h isnt?
Sorry but, no entiendo.

Possibly it won’t happen, but this doesn’t make it a bad suggestion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

It’s a bad suggestion alright.

The fact that this thread is a flamebait proves that fact. Any item that grants you lvl 1 to 80, or any other form for whatever stuff defeats the purpose of the game. If you’re lazy (busy) go craft. Other then that, just play the game like we all do, and if you don’t like it, don’t play at all.

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

It’s a bad suggestion alright.

The fact that this thread is a flamebait proves that fact. Any item that grants you lvl 1 to 80, or any other form for whatever stuff defeats the purpose of the game. If you’re lazy (busy) go craft. Other then that, just play the game like we all do, and if you don’t like it, don’t play at all.

So you mean that grinding to lvl 80 is the purpose of the game? I remember they said that grinding is not needed in GW2 but as it is now it feels it is the only purpose.
And, probably you haven’t noticed but all the new content they added in the game boosted all characters to lvl 80 so THEY CAN PLAY IT AND HAVE FUN and not thinking of grinding to a certain level.

I have got my lvl 7 ranger to Southsun cove and charmed my reef drake pet. Do I ruin anybody’s game if i have a high level zone pet since lvl 7? I don’t think so.
Players of lvl 10-15 have played the Molten Facility dungeon together with lvl 50 and lvl 80. Has anyone argued with A-net about that? I don’t think so.

So, all your arguments against this suggestion come only from your pride and egoism. Why should a lvl 1 guy get in one minute what I have got in 10 weeks?
To break it up more to you,…. you can buy lvl 80 exotic armors from cash shop and transmute them to a lvl 5 armor so you can play in the armor you like since the start.

So, what is the purpose of the game? leveling? ha

in Suggestions

JubeiTM.5763

Oh and little something for ya’ll to think about, this ain’t WoW, the game is the leveling. It’s not 80 mindless grinding levels and then some boring endgame raids you spam over and over. I would think that would be obvious, but considering this suggestion is here and even being supported, it must not be.

Are you serious? The leveling is only a part of GW2. I manually leveled 2 characters, and I have seen the maps and events twice. If somebody wishes to change his character must he do so in a few weeks? Should his friends be punished and wait for him this much? For some of us the game consists in the real challenges that happen at level 80. Please learn to respect other people’s opinions. It’s a primary skill for any “good generation” i’m sure yours is included.

(edited by JubeiTM.5763)

in Suggestions

Chev.1783

More slippery slope arguments.

Followed by those that argue that the only game is getting to level 80. I bet ANet would be hurt to know that you think the game is over at level 80.

If someone bought an achievement that gave them the title of “Winner” it wouldn’t hurt my pride. Maybe ANet will offer that. I might pay for it. It still wouldn’t make me actually win.

Pay-to-Win. Interesting thought. How do you win In Guild Wars 2?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

It does not take “forever” or even that long to level an alt to 80. A week ago my engineer was level 23, today he will hit 80 as he is currently at 79 and a half. That was accomplished with a blend of crafting and questing and making 10 levels a day is easily done so 8 days is not forever.

As the wife and I level our characters together this will be our 6th level 80 character set with 3 more sets to go. What was interesting is that we selected a different story line for them and experienced some new stuff that we had not seen before with our previous 5 sets.

So I currently have as level 80 characters:

Guardian
Thief
Elementalist
Warrior
Necromancer
Engineer (today)

Left to run through:

Hunter (2)
Mesmer (24)
Another Thief (43)

Theftwind (HoD)

in Suggestions

Toast.6459

Are you serious? The leveling is only a part of GW2. I manually leveled 2 characters, and I have seen the maps and events twice. If somebody wishes to change his character must he do so in a few weeks? Should his friends be punished and wait for him this much? For some of us the game consists in the real challenges that happen at level 80. Please learn to respect other people’s opinions. It’s a primary skill for any “good generation” i’m sure yours is included.

That’s your problem for deciding to use the same race, there’s different stories and different maps. Your failure to notice that does not warrant an item that you can click and amplify your laziness to a whole new level.

Is this bad idea weekend or something? I honestly can’t tell.

in Suggestions

JubeiTM.5763

It does not take “forever” or even that long to level an alt to 80. A week ago my engineer was level 23, today he will hit 80 as he is currently at 79 and a half. That was accomplished with a blend of crafting and questing and making 10 levels a day is easily done so 8 days is not forever.

As the wife and I level our characters together this will be our 6th level 80 character set with 3 more sets to go. What was interesting is that we selected a different story line for them and experienced some new stuff that we had not seen before with our previous 5 sets.

Guardian
Thief
Elementalist
Warrior
Necromancer
Engineer (today)

Left to run through:

Hunter (2)
Mesmer (24)
Another Thief (43)

Good job on you characters but the point is some people don’t want to manually do it all. Right now, you can do it in a single day by crafting. So instead of this why not have a direct option. Level 80 is where another chapter starts – the one most of us want.

PS: I wish I had a wife as cool as yous.

in Suggestions

JubeiTM.5763

That’s your problem for deciding to use the same race, there’s different stories and different maps. Your failure to notice that does not warrant an item that you can click and amplify your laziness to a whole new level.

Is this bad idea weekend or something? I honestly can’t tell.

Hahaha OMG. Where did I say the race thing)? You don’t only judge people poorly but put words in their mouth as well.

Ummm… actually each of my character is a different class with a different race. I do so because I want to see and the story for all of them. I want to get the most of the game. But I don’t think that revisiting the same maps over and over is ok.

This auto-leveling option should only be available under the next circumstances: The player has at least 1 level 80 character with 100% map completion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Herschie.6380

Herschie.6380

This suggestion is bad. This isn’t just a PvP or WvW game. You are supposed to get to 80 yourself and you have different races to make the story each time a bit different. If you want a game just for the WvW or PvP action, go play CoD of Battlefield. I think they both offer the Player vs player experience right away. XD

Seriously, play the game the right way. The crafting to 80 is good enough if you want it. And like others have said, it would probably be cheaper.

Can someone close this topic? It’s the worst idea I’ve seen. XD

Midian Wright [Guardian]
[Maki]
Ferguson’s Crossing

in Suggestions

Chev.1783

Guardian
Thief
Elementalist
Warrior
Necromancer
Engineer (today)

Left to run through:

Hunter (2)
Mesmer (24)
Another Thief (43)

While I appreciate the time and please you have gotten out of your time leveling your alts. My preferred style of play is WvW. For me to bring something to the team in WvW I need a level 80 character.

For me to experience what I consider the heart of gameplay I have to get through what you describe as the heart of the game to get there.

My girlfriend and I play WvW together but she gets discouraged with her level 44 Necromancer. She has a level 80 Warrior, but she likes the Necromancer play style better. However, she feels like Fodder in her Green “close to level” armor.

We enjoy roaming together taking camps and keeps, but if we could just get through this leveling thing we would be properly suited for proper WvW play. I would try another alt in WvW. Too lazy to level by crafting? Perhaps you could say that. Willing to give ANet a premium to make it one click? Yes.

I also see that there would be a snowball effect of gem purchases from ANet for armor and such. This would be good for everybody. If you like going through the storyline and Dynamic Events for the sake of doing them and enjoy that, enjoy that and love it. Those of us that are getting through the leveling process to get to WvW, could choose another route.