New System to Wardrobe Armor

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bourdain.1624

Bourdain.1624

Right now it is completely pointless for me to collect new sets of gear. I currently have level 80 exotic armor with my desired stats and I really don’t want to make 5 sets if I want 5 different sets of cosmetic armor. Is there any plans for a wardrobe system similar to Rift? Maybe make it so we don’t lose the skin of armor if we add the stats to a new piece of gear?

If anyone has any news on this please let me know…. if not now we have a pretty good suggestion.

Thanks you

in Suggestions

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

rift’s system is the bomb, and it’s based on lotro’s system, which i’m sure was based on someone else’s system … in short? it makes us happy. yes, i love having dyes. but in the end, having to transmute and so on just to have a “look,” then do it again when i am bored with that look?

please please please give us wardrobe slots! heck, you had costume slots in gw1! i’m NOT pushing that, i’m asking, think that line, and add to it!

purdy please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Moonstruck.3612

Moonstruck.3612

I’ll add my vote. Even something as minor and simple as the system which existed in GW1 would be appreciated.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lori.6571

Lori.6571

Yes, I’d really love this too (and it’s a nice money sink since a full set of gear eats up 6 slots so you could give us 20 or 30 initial slots and then sell 30-slot expansions just like bank slot upgrades).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

On top of that, can we get transmutation to work across gear types? If you can only swap the skin and not the stats, it’s not going to unbalance the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

A wardrobe system like other games would be nice, but then they wouldn’t sell transmutation stones which I’m sure they sell a lot of. So I doubt it’s going to happen that way. I don’t really care at this point, but I do think it sucks that once you have lvl 80 gear you need a different more expensive type of transmutation stone that you find a lot less of doing world exploration. Rude…

in Suggestions

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

that’s a great idea. the system is already in sPvP in a way, being able to unlock skins (that would have to be applied with fine transmutation stones, to not ruin the gem economy) would save me from storing all that cultural armor in the bank and having to buy dozens of different exotics so the armor isn’t trash.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Suggestions

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

rift’s system is the bomb, and it’s based on lotro’s system, which i’m sure was based on someone else’s system … in short? it makes us happy. yes, i love having dyes. but in the end, having to transmute and so on just to have a “look,” then do it again when i am bored with that look?

please please please give us wardrobe slots! heck, you had costume slots in gw1! i’m NOT pushing that, i’m asking, think that line, and add to it!

purdy please?

It was based on the wardrobe!

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

in Suggestions

Posted by: thealienamongus.1968

thealienamongus.1968

I have been following this idea since BW1 and even put in a few threads myself. I would like something like rift’s/lotro system.

Way’s to monetize this system (this was the main augment against the idea I come up against):

New uses for transmutation stone
- to change between types – light,mid,heavy – link

Sell additional slots in the gem store – everyone starts with one but can buy more
-they can still sell costumes in the gem store

other changes:
Rename town clothes to costumes or what ever
An inspect to shown the players true gear

Restrictions on use(?):
Cannot use in sPvP or WvW

Related (only linked to threads I have read and have comments):
Allow us to wear previously equipped styles

Town Clothing Ideas

Get rid of “Town Clothing” & a few other niggles!

Awful transmutation idea for improvement

Cosmetic Gear Slots Rather Than Transmutation Stones

Reddit:
some discussion in here

my thread

in Suggestions

Posted by: burnhouse.9201

burnhouse.9201

I’ve said the same thing myself. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Let-us-save-our-armor-skins/first#post156390

The current system is far too limited considering how many awesome looking armors are out there.

in Suggestions

BrunoBRS.5178

I have been following this idea since BW1 and even put in a few threads myself. I would like something like rift’s/lotro system.

Way’s to monetize this system (this was the main augment against the idea I come up against):

New uses for transmutation stone
- to change between types – light,mid,heavy – link that’s likely not happening, it would get in the way of class identification on PvP and WvW. for example, guardians, mesmers and elementalists share a lot of weapon combinations. the only way to identify a guardian over an ele/mesmer is through the clothing.

Sell additional slots in the gem store – everyone starts with one but can buy more
-they can still sell costumes in the gem store

other changes:
Rename town clothes to costumes or what ever kinda pointless really, i’d rather have the option to make you wear them as soon as you enter town, like GW1
An inspect to shown the players true gear i don’t think they’d want to implement this because of how they’re trying to move away from stat-checking, plus it’s kinda pointless

Restrictions on use(?):
Cannot use in sPvP or WvW why not? PvP already has this system, and WvW shares your PvE look, there’s no downside to being able to choose your look better on WvW

my comments in bold.

in Suggestions

Posted by: thealienamongus.1968

thealienamongus.1968

@BrunoBRS.5178:

point by point

- You also tell them apart by their skills :P. but yeah I get where you are coming from
- I would also like that IF they plan to have more town clothes, if that is the case the the wardrobe slot would be separate and not replace the TC system
- Inspect… I really don’t care either way
- I don’t play sPvP so can’t comment, the suggestion for restriction was brought up in other discussions as a way to stop others saying that it will ruin pvp. I agree with you about WvW though I will remove it.

in Suggestions

BrunoBRS.5178

@BrunoBRS.5178:

point by point

1- You also tell them apart by their skills :P. but yeah I get where you are coming from
2- I would also like that IF they plan to have more town clothes, if that is the case the the wardrobe slot would be separate and not replace the TC system
3- Inspect… I really don’t care either way
4- I don’t play sPvP so can’t comment, the suggestion for restriction was brought up in other discussions as a way to stop others saying that it will ruin pvp. I agree with you about WvW though I will remove it.

1- by the time you can recognize them by their skills, it’s too late to decide if you should fight or flight :P

2- that would be great, though i think first they need to add some more options to town clothing, and i don’t mean just dressing options. i mean stuff that was in GW1, like the option of automatically putting on the costume while in town, or the option to show/hide the mask automatically.

4- sPvP has a locker where you can store any armor and weapon you can find. the problem with it, though, is that you can only store one of each, and the locker is account-wide (as it should be). so if you have this armor you really like, and you have multiple characters you’d like to see using it, you need to hop back and forth between characters to do that, or get a second one.

it’s very stupid and backwards, and it’s even more mind boggling that it wasn’t like that in beta.

in Suggestions

Posted by: HumaCarrionEater.8254

HumaCarrionEater.8254

I really want a way to designate a set. WoW included this round about Wrath, if I remember correctly. Granted in WoW it existed so you could swap dungeon sets, say from healing to tanking, but it worked for rp clothes too. I would like something like that in GW2, where I can tag items as all going together, have the dye colors remembered, etc.

I personally don’t like the idea of inspect, since it does tend to promote a certain kind of elitism. I could even see that happening with dye colors like, oh my god this guy is wearing a common dye what a peasant type reactions, even if it looks awesome.

Also MORE TOWN CLOTHES. I want rp clothes kitten This game is all about appearance which I LOVE, so give me more appearance choices!

Love ya Anet.