New Weapon Skills + Capes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Krude.7495

Krude.7495

So I had this idea of new weapon skills, and I thought a cool way to get em would be specific quest lines – given by the unplayable races (Kodan, Skritt, Hylek, Tengu, Quaggan, Krait, Centaur, Ogre, etc.)

The weapon skills learned are also varied, pending on which quest line is completed:

-Hylek/krait quest line rewards new moves for rifles, short bows, swords, and torches

-Kodan/ogre quest line rewards new moves for maces, focus, hammers, and greatswords

-Skritt/centaur quest line rewards new moves for pistols, shields, axes, and war horn

-Tengu/quaggan quest line rewards new moves for longbows, scepters, staves (staffs? whatever)

I’m not suggesting full 1-5 brand-new weapon skills, but possibly 1-3 new moves that add a different play style + a new dynamic to how classes can choose to play in WvW n PvP.

Also, after completing quest lines for the new moves, you could unlock a trader from whom you can purchase a cape back-item (with a pattern/design unique to the quest line which’ll give more incentive to complete each quest line) for gold.

This idea is fresh from yesterday’s conversation in TeamSpeak, hope you readers like the idea and show support. We all want capes, here’s a BA way to get em, and some more new stuff to do.

(edited by Krude.7495)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Delar.9456

Delar.9456

I agree that the current weapon skills need improvement. Currently for my warrior its hit 2, 4, or 5 when cooldown is up and not interrupt your 1 chain ability. I like the GW’s concept of limiting what skills you can use at one time to 5 weapon and 5 utility but we need to be able to change which five weapon skills we are using more than equiping a different weapon.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

I like this suggestion.

Perhaps each button on the weapon can serve a similar purpose, but in a different way? To use one of the better know weapons, Warrior Greatsword:

Alternate to #2 Hundred blades (Purpose: Damage) – A flurry of attacks that inflicts less damage, but allows movement during the skill.

Alternate to #4 Bladetrail (Purpose: Cripple/Gap Closer) – Throws your sword at the enemy with a chain attached. The first target stuck is reeled in, pulled to melee range with the warrior.

Alternate to #5 Rush (Purpose: Gap closer) – A shorter range, but quicker more responsive leap attack

in Suggestions

Posted by: Asmodeius.2751

Asmodeius.2751

I think we need more weapon skill customization as well, however i’d prefer them be open for every one. Slot one, since it’s auto attack, should have like 4-5 alternations but only bound to slot 1. the 2,3,4,5 should be customized by player from pool of let’s say 20 skills per weapon. Of course to keep it balanced, each individual skill should have their own cost.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zalman.8719

Zalman.8719

Supporting you. Using the same skills gets boring and takes away from the actual diversity from classes. As for capes, without them GW is not the same place. Hope they will work on that and actually progressing with them.