No More Jumping Puzzles

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Euthymia.4807

Euthymia.4807

If they continue making jump puzzles, which are fun and all, it would be great if they reduced the ‘glitchyness’ of them? It’s one thing I find most annoying about this game. How getting to some vistas or through jump puzzles require you to run until walls until you find the area that will let you glitch and run up impossible slopes or stand on tiny ledges because the collision lets you stand mostly in mid air.

I like jump puzzles and all, but I don’t like feeling like I’m exploiting bugs in the game to complete them.

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

I have a great suggestion. Please stop posting “anyone who disagrees with me is a fanboi” threads on the forums. I don’t know anyone who likes them.

I do like jumping puzzles.

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Jeeez, OP Trolling?
Personally, I don’t like JPs, because the game engine never knows physics right, and I’m always falling through flat surfaces, or even better, stucking in ground sometimes (S. Sprint).

But thats not a reason to leave JPs behind.
Ask Devs nicely to make them a little more easyer (or multiple difficulty ways), or even better, re-configurate the clipping settings to prevent such frustrating moments like we have most of the time.

Hope I helped you…

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: killbot fivethousand.2457

killbot fivethousand.2457

Interesting topic:
“I do things I don’t like for AP, and then complain about it”

Solution:
Stop doing things you don’t like, or stop complaining about them. I really like JP’s. Now I feel all defensive, as if someone just told me my fav pokemon was really stupid looking. Poor kitten achu.

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: illictic.6183

illictic.6183

hey, you forgot that fangirls might say something, too! and that something is that while i find jumping puzzles to get incredibly frustrating after a while i don’t think they should be removed. they don’t need to be removed, either, as they are not a required part of map completion, a mandatory part of combat or dungeons, or necessary for your PS; they are very much optional content and if you don’t like them you simply don’t have to do them. or you can ask a mesmer to help you out, if your secret love for all jumping puzzles is that obvious.

i don’t know what’s going on

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: xixecel.9657

xixecel.9657

I love Jump puzzles and always go out of my way to do them and look forward to seeing new ones put in. The camera angles are annoying sometimes, but I would not change the way the game is, except for pvp, I would make it more like GW1, but that is just my opinion.

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

hey, you forgot that fangirls might say something, too! and that something is that while i find jumping puzzles to get incredibly frustrating after a while i don’t think they should be removed. they don’t need to be removed, either, as they are not a required part of map completion, a mandatory part of combat or dungeons, or necessary for your PS; they are very much optional content and if you don’t like them you simply don’t have to do them. or you can ask a mesmer to help you out, if your secret love for all jumping puzzles is that obvious.

The more easy JP i ve made was “No so Sectret”, a done to enter in aetherbade base and find a mesmer’s portal right in my front, waiting for me But i no use the googles dive, then i’ll do again.

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

People suggesting that if we do not like jumping puzzles, then we should just not do them, are missing the fundamental issue at stake, achievement points. Arena.net should take away the points, then those who like them can do them, those who don’t, won’t get penalised for having less dexterity.
Anyway, I realise they are not going away even if many don’t like them. I suggest a compromise:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Jumping-Puzzle-improvement-so-more-enjoyable/first#post2456230

There are also AP’s for many other thinks some people don’t like, for example there are also AP’s for dungeons, then they should also take those out. There are also AP’s for WvW so then we should also take that out, there are also AP’s for PvP then they should also take that out, there are also AP’s for killing bosses then they should also take those out, there are also AP’s for playing GW1 then they should also take those out, there are also AP’s for mini-games then they should also take those out, and so on. You get the point?

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

Or they could put the jumping puzzles into the game, but not tie them to other achievements. Have a separate jumping puzzle achievement that does not contribute to a reward that is unrelated.

My oldest son LOVES the JPs and he is very good at them. He does not look up how to do them. Instead he figures them out himself. Therefore, I understand how someone can love them.

I, on the other hand, might rage quit the game if I have to do them for a reward that I really want. I’m terrible at them coupled with I don’t enjoy them that much. If I was terrible at them but enjoyed them and wanted to get better that would be different.

With that logic should take all rewards / achievements away because some don’t like JP’s, some don’t like dungeons, some don’t like…. I would love to see them be more useful for leveling. JP’s are a big part of GW2 but they are useless for leveling or loot. You get some AP the first time you do them and thats it. I would prefer leveling ,my alts with some very hard JP’s over doing hearths for example. Or I would prefer earning skins by doing JP’s in stead of doing dungeons. You can level in this game with dungeons, WvW hearths and events but sadly JP’s is not an option. So I would see giving them a bigger role.. of course not a unique role so people who don’t like it can reach there goals in other ways but if there would be some unique item/ skill only as rare drop from one JP chest (providing the chest is available every time you do the JP, not once a day) then thats no problem if they also put another rare skin in a dungeon.

Uh..no. I said have a SEPARATE achievement. That means they have an achievement.
That does not contribute to a reward that is UNRELATED. So it has its own achievement and its own reward.

And why can’t they have more achievements and rewards for each category? A dungeon set, a fractile set, and jp set, a minigame set, a sPvP set, a WvW set, a PvE set.

Then they should do that for every thing not just for JP’s else my comment would still stay the same. And like ‘Player Character’ is really already is like that except for the AP’s. Looking at JP’s they are even the worst rewards of all. They give some chest that usually has some blue items in it. With nearly all the other content I can use it to level and get armor-sets and it would be nice if JP’s would give similar rewards. I do understand how mesmers would make it to easy but there are ways to tackle that. Like the ‘hard-mode’ I talked about.

(edited by Devata.6589)

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eladriel.7295

Eladriel.7295

I have a great suggestion. Please stop putting Jump Puzzles in your game. They are too frustrating to complete. I know a bunch of Anet fanbois are going to include in the comment section below “But we love JPs, they’re great fun”. Well, let me give you a more accurate portrait of what your players think about your jump puzzles. I have not met 1 single person in game who enjoys them. Not a single one. My guild hates them, my gf hates them because her computer can’t make quick precise jumps. The people in there trying to complete them hate them. They’re annoying, and they’re lazy programming because you should be putting real content in your game like dungeons or actual puzzles. I write this as I sit in your new Kites Over Celadon JP, which you made just about as bad as the Mad King’s Clock Tower. Look Anet, seriously, cut it out with the jump puzzles all ready and listen to your fan base.

Really? Why do you people make lame post as these? Granted I’m not that crazy for jumping puzzles, but I have no problem with them being in the game. The only gripe I have is when a vista is stuck on one, other than that the jumping puzzles are optional.. You don’t have to do them. If I had a quarter for everytime I have read that line “Listen to your fan base” I’d be rich.. They should to a extent, but if they listen to every tom, kitten and harry they would have a seriously messed up game considering all the lame bs I see asked for and complained about…etc… No, Anet should not take the jumping puzzles out.. And OP you are wrong there are player who enjoy them. The players you talked to and your guild does not make up the entire gw2 community and if you think it does present the facts. Another thing I would like the choice of participating or not and I don’t like players like you interfering with that choice. Have a good day..

Together we stand in the face of evil!

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cira.8310

Cira.8310

I just found this forum and my first thought was now I get to express how much I LOVE the jumping puzzles. Although I understand how frustrating they can be for some, I humbly request that they are not removed from the game. They are one of the main reasons I enjoy this game and they are my stress relief after a hard day’s work. Please do not remove them. I suggest those who do not enjoy them just skip that part of the game and let those who enjoy them continue to do them. Thanks!