Past Event rewards unlocked as Achi Ones

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

So with this new Achievement rewards showing up I actually came up with this great idea. Instead of giving us “raw” backpack pieces why not give us “unlocked skin” which we can use anytime.
Why? First because there are too many cool looking backpacks cycling around right now that some of the skins just serve as a temporary piece until a new one comes. It looses it’s value.
Having a Event Vault (similar to PvP Locker) where you can see the skins you have unlocked and those you’ve missed out on would be the best thing.
Currently too many backpieces (mostly) and other skins are cluttering Bank spaces for nothing. People just saving them for one day, and more and more keep on coming.

I would even support having an Event Vault bought from gemstore which would unlock another tab in the Bank (along side with the Collectables and main tab)

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wintry.2908

Wintry.2908

Simply having the past achievement rewards on the same redeemables window as zenith weapons would suffice. Would love to have that flower on all of my sylvari characters…

And add to that cultural armor becoming redeemable once a full set has been bought. There is already an achievement for collecting them. Would certainly allow trying out new armor looks without feeling like losing a 120g investment.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Simply having the past achievement rewards on the same redeemables window as zenith weapons would suffice. Would love to have that flower on all of my sylvari characters…

I strongly +1 this.

in Suggestions

Nabuko Darayon.9645

And add to that cultural armor becoming redeemable once a full set has been bought. There is already an achievement for collecting them. Would certainly allow trying out new armor looks without feeling like losing a 120g investment.

Yes this too! Also would make race changing quite less complex. There are just too many skins to choose from right now that “Unlocks” tab in the Bank would fit much more.

(edited by Nabuko Darayon.9645)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

+1 absolutely to having past achivement rewards as redeemable skins. However, I don’t believe that having cultural armor as redeemable would be fitting.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

in Suggestions

Nabuko Darayon.9645

Well it was an +1 idea even though the cultural armor is not the object of this topic. Would be a way to deal with Cultural armor if they ever released Race Change Potion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I’m ok with this, especially concidering we could only get the reward one time, unlike the halloween backpack that could be individually achieved by each character.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nautical Wolf.7391

Nautical Wolf.7391

I was looking for a thread concerning this.

The new system is amazing, and it would be great to convert holiday rewards to it.

It stinks that after applying my – one and only – Shattered Dragon Wings to PvE gear, and recently discovering the fun of SPvP; that I have no way to ever change that decision.

+1

in Suggestions

Nabuko Darayon.9645

^
Exactly! We’ve been gives too many skins to choose from right now (shoulders, helms, backpack) and not enough of the rest armor to combine them with since lets face it not all look good on everything. But eventually they do have a potential to give uniqueness to our characters

in Suggestions

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

+1 absolutely to having past achivement rewards as redeemable skins. However, I don’t believe that having cultural armor as redeemable would be fitting.

+1 to that.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

Yeah…I mean I love different skins for different looks, and I love getting special limited-time items that I can have forever to show off in like 3 years and whatnot. But they’re throwing SO many special skins at us all the time and a lot of times they’re even the same type of skins (backpieces, backpieces, and MORE backpieces). I don’t have enough space..I don’t even have enough CHARACTERS for all of these backpieces. And I know that we can buy more bank/inventory tabs but there was already so much stuff in the game before all these new reward skins, and honestly I have to wonder where did they expect us to put them? I’ve always joked about when Anet was going to give me a closet for all my different armors, but for special reward skins it atleast would be a nice idea. Or maybe they could calm down with the skins and find something else equally cool to give out for a while, then alternate? I mean I just feel like we’re all gonna be overwhelmed by special skins. Nobodys going to want any of the other million skins the game has because they’re overloaded by these ones. And in the end, it’s going to backfire in that so many skins is to help the customization and individuality of characters..but when everybody is getting the same new, special skins, we’re all going to end up wearing the latest new skin and looking the same anyway.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

in Suggestions

Nabuko Darayon.9645

^
That is what I’m trying to avoid. Nothing worse then everyone looking the same. Where stuff will be priced because of rarity and not beauty.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

YES PLEASE!

Similar concept to GW’kitten vendor. That’d be awesome.

in Suggestions

Nabuko Darayon.9645

Spread the word guys then. Lets make this suggestion a hot one

in Suggestions

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

I’d like to see the meta-achievement reward skins as permanent unlocks as well any skins from event chests that you redeemed.

in Suggestions

Nabuko Darayon.9645

Well yeah meta-achievement reward skins are classified under Event Skins