Player and Guild Housing ideas

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cele.5467

Cele.5467

Now i don’t know if this has been said before, but I would love to see Player and Guild housing

what is housing?
Well it’s player instances where they can have a home (yes i know there’s the Home instance) but improve it to be customizable, improved over time, with materials from the world, NPC’s, custom construction and materials.

The ideas for Player housing i have are:

-Be able to put specific NPC’s and vendors

-Farms with plants and animals like Chickens, Moas, Cows, for certain items like milk or other stuff that could be used on cooking and leatherworking

-Plants could be planted on a farm via Rare seeds that can be obtained from plants at a Low to Very low rate and they can be soulbound or not I don’t really care

-Also use this materials to decorate your place. (killed a big champion in Orr?. display it’s trophies on 3D alongside your favorite Anet paintings, your Guild Banner

-Be able to have custom workstations where you can not just craft things but also have them custom tagged, for example ,making a Sword and have a custom name for it, Dye your weapons, restricted to certain parts of the weapon like the Hilt or weapon adornments (no Big Pink War hammers and Blurple Greatsword blades LOL).

-Npc’s with more significance to late game to be be placed here and give them relevance to daily play: There are some NPC’s that after a certain point on the personal story they just don’t matter anymore to your daily play, and what a better way to make use of them that putting them on your home instance doing something for you, like plot a construction of your living room, and let’s say that takes 3 days to finish, if you visit your home instance you can see your allies working on it. some can become vendors. some tutorial Npc’s for the new features. some even be able to travel to your location and receive your collectibles to be banked, like the pigeons to your mail. say your Childhoof friend you chose for your story line appears at your location says some funny dialogue and picks up a crate and goes to town.

For Guild housing:
The guild should be able to get an instance Keep. it doesn’t have to be on a certain place of the world just an instance map with an Asura gate the area

- The Keep should be able to be improved, again, with certain materials from the world

- Be able to craft cosmetic things for it. buy other things with Influence and gold.
like towers, a bar lounge (more like a tavern)
Improve Walls, Guards, traps, Sniper Nests.

- NPC’s, Guild Vendors,
- Dyable Guild Banners all over the place, different construction materials, different layouts, or custom Layouts on a given area with an easy tool to build them,

-Display cases, armor display Mannequins or counters.
Say a guild gets a collection of heavy armors and weapons, provided by the players, they can “place” those weapons with the tag of the owner and date of acquisition and by place i mean a virtual not wearable copy only for display

why this level of customization on guild castles/keeps/forts?

because of the potential of Guild Vs Guild battles with the ability to “pillage” (not really stealing) materials, weapons, schematics, gold, karma(for thwarting a guild invasion).

Also inviting non members of the guild in an attempt to recruit them to the cause.

I’m aware this is a big suggestion, but i hope some ideas can make it into the future Housing for players and Guilds.

Have a nice day

Im a photographer, Visit my website :D http://cele-cam.deviantart.com/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Skadi.8279

Skadi.8279

Amazing ideas. I especially like the cosmetic customization ideas (mannequins, banners, statues…), since I love little details like this in games.

in Suggestions

Posted by: chezzybear.2458

chezzybear.2458

All of these are really great ideas imo. The personal instance is so lacking honestly i forgot it was there untill you reminded me. I think the farming/planting idea sounds like a lot of fun, also could be a nice place for rangers to have all their collected pets running around lol. I hope this post gets seen because i would love a nice Tquatl head on my wall :P

Water Lilli [TAHO] Guild Leader
CD

in Suggestions

Posted by: faollan.1076

faollan.1076

Some months ago I was talking with my friends about this subject. I always thought that guild and player housing would be a good way to develop areas that got forgotten somehow, like Southsun Cove. It’s a beautiful area, but even in the full servers you wouldn’t find no one there. This was obviously before the living story give us a reason to get back there.

I really like your ideas. I thought that would be great to make the guild housing something that would move everyone in a guild. At first you could buy the terrain/place where you wanted to build the house. There could be different sizes so even small guild could buy their own (in the end it would be the difference between a mansion or a fortress and a tree house).

I think this shouldn’t be instanced, but an open world area so you could interact with your neighbors and with the living world. That’s why I thought of Southsun Cove, so you had to defend your house from wildlife. Karka attacks would be an even greater event if you and your neighbors had to fight four your own houses.

There could be other guild missions to get materials or help from allies. Imagine that in the beginning you have workers building your house, but it would take a lot of time. So you would do a guild mission to get help from Skritt or Quaggans.

I even thought that you could interact with these NPC’s while they were building your guild house. Imagine that the construction would take a week and at some point you were on the area and you wanted to see how the construction was. The Skritt could be doing nothing, just there… resting… and when you told them to get back to work, they could do it immediately (if you asked nicely) or they would get mad and throw you stones till you get out of there… I have some wild imagination.

The only thing that I would add to your suggestion, Cele.5467, it would be the NPC guild vendor to be a female maid with sassy attitude.

(edited by faollan.1076)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Synesence.7546

Synesence.7546

I agree, an awesome addition to have.

I don’t even need Player bases or houses, just guild bases would be enough. Could just give us the option to upgrade to pre-made strongholds with our option limited to purchasing items and whatnot.

We can start off slow, and see where it goes…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Furesy.6935

Furesy.6935

Having some sort of Guild Keep could really work well with Guild Battles. You could practically implement some sort of siege. When in war with another Guild, you can attack their keep or defend your keep when being attacked. Would be nice for the more PvP orientated players.

in Suggestions

Cele.5467

All of these are really great ideas imo. The personal instance is so lacking honestly i forgot it was there untill you reminded me. I think the farming/planting idea sounds like a lot of fun, also could be a nice place for rangers to have all their collected pets running around lol. I hope this post gets seen because i would love a nice Tquatl head on my wall :P

that would be amazing having your pets roaming free around

in Suggestions

Cele.5467

Some months ago I was talking with my friends about this subject. I always thought that guild and player housing would be a good way to develop areas that got forgotten somehow, like Southsun Cove. It’s a beautiful area, but even in the full servers you wouldn’t find no one there. This was obviously before the living story give us a reason to get back there.

I really like your ideas. I thought that would be great to make the guild housing something that would move everyone in a guild. At first you could buy the terrain/place where you wanted to build the house. There could be different sizes so even small guild could buy their own (in the end it would be the difference between a mansion or a fortress and a tree house).

I think this shouldn’t be instanced, but an open world area so you could interact with your neighbors and with the living world. That’s why I thought of Southsun Cove, so you had to defend your house from wildlife. Karka attacks would be an even greater event if you and your neighbors had to fight four your own houses.

There could be other guild missions to get materials or help from allies. Imagine that in the beginning you have workers building your house, but it would take a lot of time. So you would do a guild mission to get help from Skritt or Quaggans.

I even thought that you could interact with these NPC’s while they were building your guild house. Imagine that the construction would take a week and at some point you were on the area and you wanted to see how the construction was. The Skritt could be doing nothing, just there… resting… and when you told them to get back to work, they could do it immediately (if you asked nicely) or they would get mad and throw you stones till you get out of there… I have some wild imagination.

The only thing that I would add to your suggestion, Cele.5467, it would be the NPC guild vendor to be a female maid with sassy attitude.

lol for the sassy maid, southsun cove could be one of many places to instance housing

in Suggestions

Cele.5467

Having some sort of Guild Keep could really work well with Guild Battles. You could practically implement some sort of siege. When in war with another Guild, you can attack their keep or defend your keep when being attacked. Would be nice for the more PvP orientated players.

Siege on a guild keep, commandos trying to sabotage the siege, cutting supplies to the keep so that you have a reason to defend it. too many options could make this idea a great game feature

in Suggestions

Posted by: mujtaba.8167

mujtaba.8167

With this Also GvG so you can take over each others keeps(but after match wil be given back)

Warband leader of Battlecry [Bcry]
The leading force in Gunnars hold

in Suggestions

Posted by: riverfish.4173

riverfish.4173

I like the guild housing ideas. I don’t like the player house ideas, I want anet to make cool new content, not farmville guild wars edition

in Suggestions

Posted by: Foxtail.6024

Foxtail.6024

The problem with making things like this instanced is that it will eventually over-populate the maps. Imagine if every player and every guild had their own guild hall and house. While the maps are big, this game is still rather new and I’m sure there are many new people still joining the game play. Even if the player/guild housing required gems to purchase land on the world maps, because the gems are accessible without actually spending real money, through a trade system. Everyone would aim to have one.

Yes it would be nice if we had neighbors and the like, but think long-term here. Instanced housing, if they were to add it, would be the best way to go.

Also, if they did create player housing, it’d probably be best to do account-wide housing not per character. For the simple fact that if say you deleted a character, there’d have to be code to remove the housing for deleted characters, not to mention more code just to have multiple homes per account kind of ordeal.

Now if my Guardian could walk into my account-wide player home and see my Ranger’s pets roaming around in a “pet pen” that’d be neat. But I do feel that even creating a “pet pen” might be a lot of work too. Yes these animals roam the world on their own as it is, and they do “spawn” at your side when called but they’d have to code for the beast to “despawn” upon calling (to make it proper) and “respawn” when dismissed. And since the pets don’t hold their names once they’re deslected from use, I really see no point in having a bunch of “juvenile whatever” roaming around.

(edited by Foxtail.6024)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

I want player housing really, really, really, really badly. I always stick around in games longer that have this feature.