Please bring end game gears progression to the game

in Suggestions

Posted by: dangerhunt.2607

dangerhunt.2607

I have a level 80 character running the explore dungeons for past few weeks. The goal obviously is trying to get the better gears. But after I have farmed enough AC tokens to get the whole armor sets and weapons I desire to use, I find myself wondering what’s next for me. I have no reason to try to farm other dungeons any longer, since they all give out same stats of armor sets, only with different look to it. My friends has also stopped running explore dungeons because there isn’t better armors and weapons to farm in the game.

It would be nice if Arena net could make all explore mode dungeons unlock at level 80. You need to farm enough from first explore dungeon, so you can get enough tokens to buy armors, therefore prepare yourself for second(even harder) explore dungeon and so on.

I am not worry about my character being too powerful in 1-15 zone, the truth is my friends and I rarely go back to the lower level zone for dynamic events anymore. Few times we have gone back are for dungeons and halloween event(collecting candy corns). Besides, We have find ourselves super powerful in lower level zone anyways. I could even complete most of the dynamic events just by myself.

I feel the cool weapon skins could only carry the game so far, the stats are what’s important. Everytime I pick up an armor piece, I am looking at the stats first then judge on the look later. Guild wars 2 is an awsome game, I just hope it can give more reasons for people like me to stay in the beautiful world of Tyria longer.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Max damage weapons/max armor on every1 is nothing new and that is from gw1. I don’t need to have better stats than what exotics have but i DO want much more skins because one armor set and 1 weapon skin for each weapon genre is pathetic.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Bigger stats? Nope.
More skins? Please.

However, if they found a way to do gear progression WITHOUT it simply being ‘make numbers bigger’, therefore affecting the open world, I’d be all for it.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Suggestions

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Grind for nicer looking skin.

Grind to make your armory bigger. (Cleric armor, Knight armor, Berserker jewels etc.)

Grind to make different builds(Cleric armor with Soldier runes, Knight armor with Dolyak runes, etc.)

If you want progression, this game will be a bigger progression than WoW because you can make your arsenal bigger and use different builds.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dzonatan.5327

Dzonatan.5327

Grind to make your armory bigger. (Cleric armor, Knight armor, Berserker jewels etc.)

Grind to make different builds(Cleric armor with Soldier runes, Knight armor with Dolyak runes, etc.)

If you want progression, this game will be a bigger progression than WoW because you can make your arsenal bigger and use different builds.

That’s not progress. Progress means that you progressed from one point to the second and you improved along the way. Cosmetic change is not an improvement.

in Suggestions

dangerhunt.2607

How about more skins for each dungeons, and still keep the gear progressions? That way we can have more varients of same stats armors and weapons, and also satisfy people who craves for more powerful armors and weapons.

in Suggestions

TheDaiBish.9735

That’s not progress. Progress means that you progressed from one point to the second and you improved along the way. Cosmetic change is not an improvement.

If I started out with a look I didn’t like, and worked to get a look I did like (i.e. improvement), I’d say that progress. If I had one look I liked and then branched out to create multiple looks I liked, that’s also progress. It’s just more personal to me.

Progress doesn’t just have to be numbers going bigger.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Suggestions

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

If you don’t like it, you can create a new character and progress from level 1 to 80.

Or If you don’t like that, then play whatever MMORPG that has it. Only a few have this kind of progression but, There are tons of decent MMORPG that has a progression that you want.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Suggestions

Dzonatan.5327

If you don’t like it, you can create a new character and progress from level 1 to 80.

That’s not progress. How it does progress from an existing 80 I already have? How is this new char superior or expanded compare to my previous 80? It isnt. Different and More are two different things.

Or If you don’t like that, then play whatever MMORPG that has it. Only a few have this kind of progression but, There are tons of decent MMORPG that has a progression that you want.

Kneejerk reaction. How to know that before you buy this game without the ability to refund? and dont go off with reviews and reasearching about the game, games are to play, not to study. I still dont like the idea that Anet doesn’t have a proper trial system.

in Suggestions

TheDaiBish.9735

Kneejerk reaction. How to know that before you buy this game without the ability to refund? and dont go off with reviews and reasearching about the game, games are to play, not to study. I still dont like the idea that Anet doesn’t have a proper trial system.

So basically, you look at a game and automatically buy it without looking into it? You could hardly say that’s ANet’s fault, right? If there’s no trial and the person can’t be bothered to look into the game? How would you get an idea for end-game with a trial anyway?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Suggestions

Dzonatan.5327

So basically, you look at a game and automatically buy it without looking into it? You could hardly say that’s ANet’s fault, right?

It is when they spread misinformation by calling out such quotes as " has something for everyone.

If there’s no trial and the person can’t be bothered to look into the game? How would you get an idea for end-game with a trial anyway?

Because that person want to TRY the game, NOT STUDY it.

(edited by Dzonatan.5327)

in Suggestions

TheDaiBish.9735

It is when they spread misinformation by calling out such quotes as "It’s a game that has something for everyone.

You need to take statements like that with a pinch of salt. No game whatsoever has ‘something for everyone’.

I’m sorry, but if you go buying a game based off a single quote, then that person is an idiot.

Also, you got a link for that quote? It’s always good practice to source your quotes in case you get called up on them

Because that person want to TRY the game, NOT STUDY it.

But you’re making an argument about them not having a trial in a discussion about END-GAME. You were replying to a comment talking about end-game, and replied with the trial comment.

If someone was to play the trial it’d be limited to a certain level. They decide they like the game, so they buy it.

And then we’d just have the same ‘oh there’s no end game gear progression’ when they got to cap anyway.

Hence, the need to look into the purchase before actually making a purchase. That goes with anything.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Archmortal.1027

Archmortal.1027

“Wow this game is great I just wish the game had more game at this level of game.” I understand where it’s coming from, but I really think people need to break out of their old paradigms for a moment and take a look at the game with fresh perspective, rather than fresh eyes. Almost all the “nothing to do at 80” is coming from a mindset born of another MMO and their gear progression rather than an objective look at the game for what it is and what it was designed to play like.

The game could always use more dungeons, though. God I love those in this game. Might be nice if Legendary ingredient requirements were more spread across the board for each individual legendary too. That would add incentive for all the Greatsword enthusiasts to farm more than one dungeon.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

“No gear grind” is something this game was built on and marketed on. It is a core design principle. Asking to change it is essentially asking for a different game.

[SFD] – Maguuma

in Suggestions

Posted by: captaincrunch.6731

captaincrunch.6731

I think it was marketed as having no need for a gear grind, not that it wouldn’t provide the option for players that wanted one.

Whatever happened to the whole “play the game you want to play it” philosophy? Some people want to get better/newer stuff once they hit 80. It’s already obvious with the legendary grind many players are currently in.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

I think it was marketed as having no need for a gear grind, not that it wouldn’t provide the option for players that wanted one.

Whatever happened to the whole “play the game you want to play it” philosophy? Some people want to get better/newer stuff once they hit 80. It’s already obvious with the legendary grind many players are currently in.

The thing is, you already have 3 sets of gear on 80 that have a stat progression. Masterwork, Rare and finally Exotic. That’s the gear grind you’re looking for.

They were all made relatively easy and close in terms of the stats they provide exactly because if there were massive gaps, you’d be forced to get the highest tier of gear.

As for “playing the game you want to play”, there’s plenty of that in the game. I have never played a game before where you can level up your character by participating in PvP or by crafting. And even on 80, there’s plenty to do. Some prefer to go grind the dungeons for gear, others will go out to mine all the resources they can find and master all the crafts, while someone else is probably going to explore all of the world and do every single renown heart, vista and skill challenge.

Looking at the posts that a lot of people make here, it’s clear that to a big, vocal portion of the player base, the fact that there’s different skins for different weaponry is actually a big part of the endgame “grind”. And if you ask me, that’s how it should be. A lot of the games that do have layers and layers of progressing endgame gear usually end up with most of the older, “outdated” gear not being used by anyone because it’s just not “the best”. And that right there is content wasted.

Also, looking down the line, if you had level 80 gear that had vastly superior stats and required a long grind to get to, you end up with the new level 80s feeling weak and forced to grind that same gear to stay competitive. And that’s what this game tries to avoid. That and it means that the longer you’ve played the game at the level cap, the stronger you are. That is also something you should avoid as it turns away the new players.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SiNoS.2147

SiNoS.2147

There can not be a game with no need of gear grind in a game that has gear grind. Thats like calling the apple an orange.

in Suggestions

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

Bigger stats? Nope.
More skins? Please.

this.

we don’t need another game that bloats the numbers to the point they lose all meaning and break all balance all with one single swing.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

(edited by BrunoBRS.5178)

in Suggestions

SiNoS.2147

Bigger stats? Nope.
More skins? Please.

we don't need another game that bloats the numbers to the point they lose all meaning and break all balance all with one single swing.

Think you missed the point of his post. There saying they dont want gear progression but they do want more armor skin’s.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wreckdum.8367

Wreckdum.8367

You don’t need a gear treadmill. You’re just bored because the content at 80 is so boring and easy. So you should be asking for more challenging content and asking that certain grinds be more fun.

Doing the Plinx chain in cursed shore for example… These are the kind of things bots do… Please challenge us. Don’t just ask us to run on auto pilot spamming aoe on the ground.

I’m fully geared from dungeons. I have no improvements possible to my set. I have no interest in playing another spec because I currently love the way my character is built. Just give me more fun and challenging content to do as a level 80.

The Mad King dungeon was a step in the right direction. Now we just need the difficulty to be ramped up above carebear mode. Everyone doesn’t have to be able to do everything… It is OK to give a couple 80 exclusive events. Especially seeing as the game has been out awhile now. I can’t see your demographics but I’d be willing to bet the population is more top heavy now that the game has been out awhile. So how about we start catering to the higher levels instead of the lower population new players? I mean seriously there is already enough to do 1-79.

Rex Smashington – 80 Norn Warrior <Tyrians United Retard Division> Yak’s Bend
“That big kitten Norn with The Juggernaut”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Bigger stats? Nope.
More skins? Please.

we don't need another game that bloats the numbers to the point they lose all meaning and break all balance all with one single swing.

A lot of games seem to put in the large numbers for endgame stuff just because people expect them and like seeing them. There’s a certain feeling of power when you realize that you’ve gone from your best attack dealing 1,000 damage to a scrappy to the same attack dealing 450,000 damage on the same monster. Interestingly, only a few people actually look at the numbers you’re doing, so it wouldn’t make any difference if you started out dealing 1 damage and ended dealing 500.

in Suggestions

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

Bigger stats? Nope.
More skins? Please.

Think you missed the point of his post. There saying they dont want gear progression but they do want more armor skin’s.

poorly put out post, it’s 3am >.>

i meant to agree with the quote, THEN say what i said to the OP.

EDIT: wait… i did say that i agreed with the quote. why did you remove the “this” from the quote? well, i added a paragraph there to make it even clearer.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Suggestions

SiNoS.2147

Bigger stats? Nope.
More skins? Please.

poorly put out post, it’s 3am >.>

i meant to agree with the quote, THEN say what i said to the OP.

EDIT: wait… i did say that i agreed with the quote. why did you remove the “this” from the quote? well, i added a paragraph there to make it even clearer.

I dident remove anything from the post. What i quoted was what was there. And looking at the quote here seems its changed from what it read.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Archmortal.1027

Archmortal.1027

The Mad King dungeon was a step in the right direction. Now we just need the difficulty to be ramped up above carebear mode. Everyone doesn’t have to be able to do everything… It is OK to give a couple 80 exclusive events. Especially seeing as the game has been out awhile now. I can’t see your demographics but I’d be willing to bet the population is more top heavy now that the game has been out awhile. So how about we start catering to the higher levels instead of the lower population new players? I mean seriously there is already enough to do 1-79.

I agree with the bits I cut out about making things less auto-pilot in the open world, just to cover that base.

This part I quoted though. The game hasn’t been out a while. Maybe it’s a while in terms of the success rate of MMORPGs that aren’t WoW, but 2 months is not a while. 2 months is how long it takes for some patch bugs to finally get ironed out.

Aside from that, ANET isn’t catering to anyone at the moment. We’re running on default settings here. Nothing non-player related has seen a nerf or a difficulty increase of any significance yet. This is the balance they chose to start with and for every person I see saying the game needs to have hardmodes I see just as many saying the dungeons are pretty hard. Seems like a pretty good balance to be at to get things rolling.

Hardmodes are probably going to happen given that every competing game has them and so did GW1. I don’t think that should mean more powerful gear rewards though. Certainly by nature of the modes being harder and the ability to complete them being based on skill will make any special skins lootable in the dungeon rare and more accurately represent cosmetic progression, but having higher stats or special stat distributions would start up that “I’m falling behind” feeling for players not able to make it over the difficulty hump. Yes, it’s okay for hardmodes to not be accessible for players not up to par with it. No, it’s not okay to disrupt balance between players with the rewards for completion.

I’m glad to see someone with your opinion saying there’s plenty to do. Though I’d say the 1-79 can be rolled up into content available for 80s to do as well.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sollith.3502

Sollith.3502

No gear grind; boring as kitten and only provides an illusion of progression. Games need to focus on player skill getting better, not some kitten numbers going higher.

in Suggestions

Posted by: mrsrachelm.7618

mrsrachelm.7618

I smell a WoW clone suggestion. Gawd, no! Skins? YEP! More and more uber stats? Newp.

in Suggestions

dangerhunt.2607

I have never played WOW before, GW2 is my first MMO, I am just hoping that there is a bit more gear progression at the end game. I mean arena net already have gear progression in the game from level 1-80, would be nice for them to make gears more layers before hitting the eventual max stats.

I know that weapon skins are important, people want to look cool and all, but to me, it seems like getting max armor set from farming level 35 AC dungeon was a bit too quick. Because from there forward, there is no point of killing bosses or opening chest(aside from fun), you are not going to find anything better(stat wise). The feeling of looting for better stuff seems to disappear.

Looting is huge part of GW2, I just wish they could focus a bit more on the looting past level 80.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

gw2 is not about stats progression.

stop asking for it. it will never happen.

all future expansions etc the content will be max level 80 only as well.

just more and more skins.

more types of stats combinations perhaps.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

I have never played WOW before, GW2 is my first MMO, I am just hoping that there is a bit more gear progression at the end game. I mean arena net already have gear progression in the game from level 1-80, would be nice for them to make gears more layers before hitting the eventual max stats.

There is already gear progression at lvl 80. Most people who reach level 80 will have mostly blue/green armor, perhaps with 1 or 2 Rares. So yeah, progression to exotics. More than enough, imo.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

in Suggestions

mrsrachelm.7618

Once you start a gear progression chain, it’s a never ending sink hole where eventually all new content is focused ONLY on gear grinding and hard core raiding which leaves out a very large portion of players who have these things called “lives”. Gear grinding and the content released focused on gear grinding only serves hard core players and hard core raiding guild. To be in one of those is a job with very little forgiveness for those with real lives outside of the game. Additionally, the gear grinding does, in and of itself, become exceedingly boring.

I stand by my “no”.

Having said that, they -do- need to do something to keep the game alive for those who have reached the level cap. As I understand it, there is a content in the works. Keep in mind, the game is only 2 months old. Those persons who either deliberately rushed to end game -or- who reached end game because they had more time to devote to playing than others must now be patient and wait for new content patches. To expect this so soon after release is a bit much. However, it does show poor design, imo, that they didn’t have the foresight to have some type of engaging material for end game players right at release.

This is a perfect example of why not taking time to “smell the flowers or enjoy the journey” ends up biting one in the behind.

in Suggestions

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

To keep it short:
Arena Net made it very clear upfront that there will be no gear treadmill in GW2 and that’s one of the best features of the game. Once you are 80, every content is unlocked, you don’t have to do any more grind if you don’t want to. And if you decide not to play for a couple of weeks or even months you will still be able to do anything that has been released meanwhile.

If you don’t like that, there are plenty of MMOs out there that have the gear treadmill.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

in Suggestions

mrsrachelm.7618

Hopefully that’ll be the end of it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: captaincrunch.6731

captaincrunch.6731

The thing is, you already have 3 sets of gear on 80 that have a stat progression. Masterwork, Rare and finally Exotic. That’s the gear grind you’re looking for.

They were all made relatively easy and close in terms of the stats they provide exactly because if there were massive gaps, you’d be forced to get the highest tier of gear.

As for “playing the game you want to play”, there’s plenty of that in the game. I have never played a game before where you can level up your character by participating in PvP or by crafting. And even on 80, there’s plenty to do. Some prefer to go grind the dungeons for gear, others will go out to mine all the resources they can find and master all the crafts, while someone else is probably going to explore all of the world and do every single renown heart, vista and skill challenge.

Looking at the posts that a lot of people make here, it’s clear that to a big, vocal portion of the player base, the fact that there’s different skins for different weaponry is actually a big part of the endgame “grind”. And if you ask me, that’s how it should be. A lot of the games that do have layers and layers of progressing endgame gear usually end up with most of the older, “outdated” gear not being used by anyone because it’s just not “the best”. And that right there is content wasted.

Also, looking down the line, if you had level 80 gear that had vastly superior stats and required a long grind to get to, you end up with the new level 80s feeling weak and forced to grind that same gear to stay competitive. And that’s what this game tries to avoid. That and it means that the longer you’ve played the game at the level cap, the stronger you are. That is also something you should avoid as it turns away the new players.

I’d understand this in WvW or PvP, but not pve. Who cares if someone spent 3 months getting gear thats 5 or 10% better than what you have? They can simply not allow use of that gear in pvp – or downgrade the stats to normal exotics.

tbh, I haven’t played other mmo’s and don’t know what endgame is supposed to be, but I want a goal I can strive for with my 80 besides simply legendary weapons.

Legendary armor maybe?

I think I’d probably be satisfied with more skins though.

(edited by captaincrunch.6731)

in Suggestions

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

i read somewhere that in future expansions, they have in mind of increasing the level cap.

something im not happy about, but i hope that they change their mind about it.

i could be wrong though, so don’t hold me to it.

in Suggestions

TheDaiBish.9735

i read somewhere that in future expansions, they have in mind of increasing the level cap.

Na, I’m pretty sure they said they weren’t sure whether or not they were going to raise the level cap.

Don’t quote me on that though.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Suggestions

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

I’d understand this in WvW or PvP, but not pve. Who cares if someone spent 3 months getting gear thats 5 or 10% better than what you have? They can simply not allow use of that gear in pvp – or downgrade the stats to normal exotics.

tbh, I haven’t played other mmo’s and don’t know what endgame is supposed to be, but I want a goal I can strive for with my 80 besides simply legendary weapons.

Legendary armor maybe?

I think I’d probably be satisfied with more skins though.

Your goal at 80 is to get the skin you want and to have fun, that’s it. And that’s great, cause without the gear treadmill you don’t have to grind through dungeons you don’t want to do just to get suitable gear for the next one. You also can take a pause for a couple of weeks or even months, and when you come back, the new content is available for you right away, cause your gear still fit the requirements.

If you want a gear treadmill you should play another MMO, cause then GW2 is clearly not what you are looking for.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

in Suggestions

dangerhunt.2607

Ahh…this is the suggestion thread, you can suggest for more skins, I can suggest for more gear progression. That’s what suggestion is all about right?
Arena net listen to us or not, that’s another story.

in Suggestions

castlemanic.3198

Ahh…this is the suggestion thread, you can suggest for more skins, I can suggest for more gear progression. That’s what suggestion is all about right?

But when you’re suggesting something that goes against Anet’s policy for the game, it’s not a reasonable suggestion. Anet’s policy is for this game to have no gear progression. plain and simple. To ask for gear progression in GW2 is to ask for WoW to be free to play.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

This is a gameplay mechanic that never works out, just because there has to be a limit somewhere. Look what has happened to WoW or D3 with their ever increasing stats, Blizzard is the master in creating grind games. You’ll have to make some sort cut somewhere (an addon that makes your high-end equipment, grinded in countless hours, the quality of a trash mob drop for example). I was laughing so hard when I saw the latest D3 patch notes… no thanks.
This is not the way 99% of the players that didn’t play WoW or other games based on grind before want GW2 to be, and it is not a path ANet will ever go (hopefully).

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pirhana.8935

Pirhana.8935

A reward system in WvW would work much better. Look at DAOC realm rank system, people spent years building characters and 99.99% never came close to the cap.

in Suggestions

dangerhunt.2607

But when you’re suggesting something that goes against Anet’s policy for the game, it’s not a reasonable suggestion. Anet’s policy is for this game to have no gear progression. plain and simple. To ask for gear progression in GW2 is to ask for WoW to be free to play.

I have been looking around guild wars 2 policy page, there isn’t a policy saying “end game gears progression discussion does not allow”.
Also, remember this, I am asking for more gear progression.

“Anet’s policy is for this game to have no gear progression. "
Question:
Please tell me does GW2 have gear progression in the game?
Does GW2 already have gear progression when you reach level 80?
How is the suggestion against anything Arena net wants to do?

I am just asking for more. From your quote, are you saying asking for more dungeons, more places to explore is as ask for wow to be free to play?
I am just asking for “MORE” gear progression, How is that breaking any arena net policy?

Also, I don’t think Arena net going to ban anyone for saying more gear progressions.
This is suggestion, people can suggest from mounts to dungeon finders, from increase level cap to more weapons in the game. It’s all good. We are all trying to make the game better, and it’s not you or anyone in this forum to stop anyone from suggesting anything they don’t like.

If you don’t like my suggestion, you can say you don’t agree with it, I totally respect your opinion, but going as far as saying"stop asking for it", that’s a bit too far. Even Arena net does not stopping me from asking for it, who are you to stop people from suggesting?

in Suggestions

TheDaiBish.9735

I have been looking around guild wars 2 policy page, there isn’t a policy saying “end game gears progression discussion does not allow”.

“Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs. It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill;”

Part of their Manifesto. Statted gear progression always leads to bigger numbers, otherwise the progression stops.

Question:

ANet’s Policy is for max gear to be easily available, and the rest is about cosmetics. As above, see below. ANet have said they don’t want a gear treadmill. Therefore, it IS going against what ANet wants to do.

Also, I don’t think Arena net going to ban anyone for saying more gear progressions.
This is suggestion, people can suggest from mounts to dungeon finders, from increase level cap to more weapons in the game. It’s all good. We are all trying to make the game better, and it’s not you or anyone in this forum to stop anyone from suggesting anything they don’t like.

There’s a difference between making suggestions that keeps in line with the games Manifesto and Philosophy, and making suggestions that are counter-intuitive to it.

If you don’t like my suggestion, you can say you don’t agree with it, I totally respect your opinion, but going as far as saying"stop asking for it", that’s a bit too far. Even Arena net does not stopping me from asking for it, who are you to stop people from suggesting?

I can understand how he feels, considering the suggestion has been made countless times. Just like how the ‘Do something about the bots’ suggestion gets old.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Suggestions

castlemanic.3198

I never used the words “stop asking for it” and i have never implied that suggesting gear treadmills will get you banned, you must be confusing me for someone else. All i said was to ask for a gear treadmill in GW2 is unreasonable, since it goes against Anet’s wishes for the game.

in Suggestions

dangerhunt.2607

I never used the words “stop asking for it” and i have never implied that suggesting gear treadmills will get you banned, you must be confusing me for someone else. All i said was to ask for a gear treadmill in GW2 is unreasonable, since it goes against Anet’s wishes for the game.

sorry, I know it’s not you, but there are so many posts in here, I was just trying to write a post that could answer different questions from different post.

in Suggestions

castlemanic.3198

sorry, I know it’s not you, but there are so many posts in here, I was just trying to write a post that could answer different questions from different post.

Ah, I see. No worries.

in Suggestions

dangerhunt.2607

“Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs. It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill;”

Part of their Manifesto. Statted gear progression always leads to bigger numbers, otherwise the progression stops.

Question:

ANet’s Policy is for max gear to be easily available, and the rest is about cosmetics. As above, see below. ANet have said they don’t want a gear treadmill. Therefore, it IS going against what ANet wants to do.

There’s a difference between making suggestions that keeps in line with the games Manifesto and Philosophy, and making suggestions that are counter-intuitive to it.

I can understand how he feels, considering the suggestion has been made countless times. Just like how the ‘Do something about the bots’ suggestion gets old.

Arena does not have Policy about it, if you don’t believe me go find and read the policy page.
How is arena net making max gear easily to get? Even if I get it I can’t wear it until level 80. That took me 140 hours to do so. Most of the game if you spend 140 hours to reach the max, and get the max armors, it’s not easy to get.
Easy or not is subjective, everyone feels differently.

Guild wars 2 already suck away my life, i have invested more than 300 hours into the game. How is my suggestion counter-intuitive? If you have new maps, does it suck away your time more? If the game’s level cap increase, does it make you level up more and thus invest more time in it? It’s same as more gear progression, you are going to invest more time with it.
Every game is design to grab people for very long investment. That’s how they sell expansion and DLC. Look at call of duty, it’s not traditional MMO, does it suck people in(maybe not you) for long period of time? Yes! It can.
Guild wars 2 is also design with sucking people in for long period of playing time. Or why would they make the game this huge? They could have made just one map to run around.
Are you looking for more level 80 contents to travel to? are you looking for more dungeons? If GW2 does not want to suck people in and play for long time, I don’t know what is.
Give more gear progression is as the same as you are asking for more area to explore, or more dungeons, I am just trying to find more things to do in the world. How is that make my suggestion counter-intuitive?

in Suggestions

castlemanic.3198

Question:

Arena does not have Policy about it, if you don’t believe me go find and read the policy page.
How is arena net making max gear easily to get? Even if I get it I can’t wear it until level 80. That took me 140 hours to do so. Most of the game if you spend 140 hours to reach the max, and get the max armors, it’s not easy to get.

Guild wars 2 already suck away my life, i have invested more than 300 hours into the game. How is my suggestion counter-intuitive? If you have new maps, does it suck away your time more? If the game’s level cap increase, does it make you level up more and thus invest more time in it? It’s same as more gear progression, you are going to invest more time with it.
Every game is design to grab people for very long investment. That’s how they sell expansion and DLC. Look at call of duty, it’s not traditional MMO, does it suck people in(maybe not you) for long period of time? Yes! It can.
Guild wars 2 is also design with sucking people in for long period of playing time. Or why would they make the game this huge? They could have made just one map to run around.
Are you looking for more level 80 contents to travel to? are you looking for more dungeons? If GW2 does not want to suck people in and play for long time, I don’t know what is.
Give more gear progression is as the same as you are asking for more area to explore, or more dungeons, I am just trying to find more things to do in the world. How is that make my suggestion counter-intuitive?

Gear progression is not the same, because it creates distance between those players who have dedicated that time towards getting that extra powerful gear from those who have jobs and havent touched the game in a month or two.

asking for extra maps or dungeons is asking for more content to do which does not separate the playerbase on account of their characters ability to handle the same situation.

Also, making a game engaging is far different from a game that promotes sucking your life away as WoW does through gear grind. A level 80 player who stops now and returns 5 months from now will be on the same playing field as a level 80 player who played non-stop for those 5 months. what gear progression does is condemn players for not having enough time to catch up with other players who have that time.

Also, GW2 manifesto: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35BPhT-KI1E

in Suggestions

TheDaiBish.9735

OK. Let’s substitute the word ‘policy’ for ‘manifesto’.

In their manifesto they said that they didn’t want a treadmill.

Easy is subjective, true.

However, what you’re suggesting would make getting the top tiered gear harder, since it would essentially never end.

Not entirely sure where you went with that argument.

Ah, but there’s a key difference: It would be content you’re not required to do.

The thing is, with gear progression, you’re going to get gated content, since you’ll need a certain level of stats to be efficient. Making it about skins means that no content is gated by gear at level cap.

Making the end-game about hunting skins rather than stats removes that. Also, it means the Devs can work more on balancing classes. Why is this? Because they’re not working on balancing stat numbers for new gear every content patch / xpac.

Yes, but unlike other MMO’s with the gear treadmill, GW2 is trying to do it without artificially prolonging it by making it so you need to hunt for bigger stats to stay competitive.

What has this to do with a gear treadmill?

Remember where we are substituting policy for manifesto?

Well, in their manifesto, they said they don’t want a gear progression (they actually termed it treadmill, but whatever).

Suggesting that they include a statted gear progression into a game that was designed and marketed as NOT having statted gear progression is indeed counter-intuitive.

As for gear progression being things to do? Nah, it’s a tool to lengthen playtime when the company doesn’t deliver frequent content. If Anet keep up the content updates (as well as adding fluff), then there’s no need for a gear progression.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Suggestions

Posted by: squared.1729

squared.1729

No, no and… no. If I wanted gear progression, I’d go play one of the other many MMO’s that have it. If that is what you’re looking for, there are plenty out there for you needs. If you want a B2P game that does it, just wait, someone will do it soon.

~Squared002~ [BBB] – Blackgate

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azaziel.3608

Azaziel.3608

I love that this game has very little or no “max level only” content… In fact if it had been up to me I would have removed the whole leveling system.
In most games with max level content there is a rush to get to max lvl, you hardly enjoy the leveling part, in fact most people think of it as the annoying part they must do to get to the actual game. In here there is very little things you can do at 80 that you couldn’t do at earlier levels and I really love that.
Besides, if there were to be more 80 only content, it could be more than just items with bigger stats. I know people love to brag, so maybe more bragging material would be a nice thing to add, achievements maybe idk, like I said I like the game as it is so haven’t put much thinking into this.