Please make the trashmobs not skippeable.

in Suggestions

Posted by: rinzler.4908

rinzler.4908

Dungeon mobs leashing is poor design. Period. The mechanic feels hokey. And at times when I do dungeons it feels like I am exploiting the dungeon by getting mobs to leash. This even occurs during boss encoutners.

Some people say: “why would I want to repetitively kill dungeon mobs?”

on the same note, so instead you would just rather repetitively kill the dungeon boss? both involve repetition!

It’s all about people who do speed runs of dungeons and blow past mobs to make the most gold possible. That is why they are defending trash mobs from not leashing. In general, running past trash, and REPETITIVELY grinding a dungeon is pretty terrible.

Why put mobs into a dungeon if they are optional? And the loot they drop terrible? The end result is! everyone will skip them!

It then quickly deteriorates to the lowest common denominator, everyone starts running the dungeon the easiest and quickest way to get gold and dungeon tokens.

Anet compartmentalizes their teams, and it shows, as GREAT and awesome the open world is, is how TERRIBLE and disappointing, and POORLY designed certain dungeon aspects.

Possible solutions:

1. - Make mobs NOT leash, but give them better drops. Gold farmers get their gold, and other people get a dungeon that makes sense logically!
  2. - make mobs not leash, and buff boss loot to compensate
  3. - If the mobs are not essential, remove them!

people run dungeons for FUN + LOOT and GOLD

how is running past mobs fun? Does anyone who runs away from mobs think “this is a fun mechanic”…. NOPE

(edited by rinzler.4908)

in Suggestions

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Nothing is more boring than an MMO that discourages combat.

It doesn’t discourage combat.

It means dungeons are not the end goal of players. They are a means to an end. (Coins/Tokens)

I ran dungeons hundreds of times and if they just let me get tokens every day by just pressing a button I’d do it, because been there done that a hundred times and frankly I’m tired of the same runs over and over.

I didn’t sign up for this game to have a second job dealing with pugs in tedious dungeon runs. If there’s any way to shorten the time I’d take it. And that is the same consensus most people who’s played this game for a long time share.

There’s a thing called WvW out there that you can go to have as much combat as you want.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

I think your painting the skipping side of the discussion in a really unflattering light, DeathPanel.

There are plenty freely admitting they’d fight trash mobs if it was worth it from a rewards standpoint. Playing the game isn’t a necessary evil standing between them and their loot. They actually like playing the game itself, they just want to feel like their effort translates to (their particular kind of) overall character progression.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

How about no.

Find friends\guild that don’t want to skip mobs and do dungeons with them.

/thread

EU Aurora Glade

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kumakichi.2583

Kumakichi.2583

Again with this topic. Trash mobs have far too much hp and drops are horrible. This is why skip. Generally people who complain about skipping have recently had a bad experience because they weren’t able to make it past skipped trash mobs. It does take a skill of its own particularly in something like Arah. Even the Dev’s have said the dungeons were designed so skipping trash was optional.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Negrul.5423

Negrul.5423

Good work with making the waypoints unavailable when the party is in combat.

Now make the trashmobs not skippeable.

Proper Dungeon Finder is needed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: infrequentia.3465

infrequentia.3465

Good work with making the waypoints unavailable when the party is in combat.

Now make the trashmobs not skippeable.

and you would fight trash why?
its called TRASH not mandatorymobs

“If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Erebus.7568

Erebus.7568

support the op 100%,
if the devs believe the mobs to be of no importence remove them completely. the skipping everything is just getting kitten

in Suggestions

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

People skip mobs because killing them is a boring, unrewarding, and unchallenging process.

When that’s resolved, they can look to making things unskippable.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

We call trash mobs trash for a reason.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

<Insert ‘notthisshetagain.jpg’ here>

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.