READ THIS FOR THE SAKE OF GUILD WARS 2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shwesh.3159

Shwesh.3159

First off I want to state that I am not “trolling” in any way. I love Guild Wars 2, and why not it is really an amazing creation from Arena Net. This thread is about the imminent doom of the game and whether or not Arena Net will do anything to save it. As much as I love this game I do not want to see it crash just like the other guild wars (which it is already starting).
The fun factor while leveling up was off the charts! Everything was fun and I didn’t want to skip anything. This feeling however was short lived….very short lived. I have a level 80 warrior with full exotic gear in every slot possible; both profession are Armorsmithing: 400 and Jewelcrafting: 400. After finishing with gearing up and getting my professions up I have played about 10 minutes a day. I cannot make myself play a game when there is nothing to work towards. We need a goal to achieve, and after that we need another and another and so on. There is no incentive for playing the end game content! This is such a huge disappointing ending to such a fantastic game! WHAT THE HELL WAS ARENA NET THINKING! This is supposed to be a MMO, there is supposed to be new and better gear all the time, or at least some sort of rank or something. MMO fans play MMOs for the long run, to continuosly better there character. If you wanted to make a game where the competition is based on true-skill then you are in the WRONG business switch to an FPS or a RTS. MMO’s are successful for one and ONLY one reason: LONG TERM PLAYABILITY, and frankly guild wars 2 has none. it is no different from Fable I, II, III (spend a few hours beating the game and then sell it back to game stop).
Arena Net wanted to avoid a gear grind. Well good job you did, but at the same time you made a role playing game that takes about 80 hours and then its over. Why would anyone log on to do dungeons, farm, or WvW when their character would still be the exact same if they never EVER logged on again. The end-game content is amazing, but there is no reason to play it what so ever. Making a cap to gear stats destroys the incentive to play. Arena Net you have made a game with a life span of 6 months (TOPS) after that everyone will have the best gear and maxed professions and they will no longer play your game, so it will just be a game with no incentive to play and no one to play with.
I am by no means a World of Warcraft fan, and I can tell that Arena Net isn’t either, but being the most successful MMO ever made you would think that they did something right? So, why did you look at every aspect of their game and do the opposite. Raids, dungeons, heroics, battlegrounds, and the arena all have a reason for their customers to continue playing until Blizzard decides that they are done. Arena Net will lose a massive number of players really fast and their game will die and no one will remember what was good about it and what was bad about it.
My advice to Arena Net is to either do as I said before " make a FPS or a RTS" or come out with updates with better gear. Redo your end game system where there is a reason to hop on and better your character. We (gamers) need something to work for. We like (LOVE) spending the extra hours to get that title, rank, and most of all GEAR!!!!!!
I hope that Arena Net does something drastic and gives me a reason to log back on, but until then my maxed out character will lie dormant and all of you who continue to play with never be stronger or better.

PLEASE GIVE US A REASON TO PLAY YOUR FANTASTIC GAME! (honestly i am in agony writing this, because your game was the most fun I have had in a very long time and i hate that it ended so quickly)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lily Miranda.5407

Lily Miranda.5407

I have pretty good lvl 80 gear too, and I’m still playing. The game is fun for me; I don’t need a carrot on a stick to motivate me.

in Suggestions

Shwesh.3159

My character is maxed in every way possible there is no point to play this game. When you and the rest of the community reach that point you will understand what I mean. but thanks for the post

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sky.9347

Sky.9347

Why did your fun end? What is it that you did that was so fun, but you can’t do anymore?

Sky – [tSA] – Stormbluff Isle
November 15, 2012 – The day a dream died.

in Suggestions

Shwesh.3159

I obviously need to re-word this. The fun was ended when I log on and decide what to do, and well I’ve done everything that can better my character so I play around for 10 minutes and lose interest because when finish what i decided to do i have nothing to show for it. I Guess my arguement is that there is no reward for anything in the game

(edited by Shwesh.3159)

in Suggestions

Sky.9347

I obviously need to re-word this. The fun was ended when I log on and decide what to do, and well I’ve done everything that can better my character so I play around for 10 minutes and lose interest because when finish what i decided to do i have nothing to show for it.

If continuous progression is your thing, WoW just released an expansion and I am sure will release more. If that isn’t your cup of tea, there are many other games that offer the same sort of experience.

GW and GW2 were both designed around the idea of finite progression.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Quench.7091

Quench.7091

I want more short term goals, but I’m not that interested in improving combat stats over and over. Maybe some other stat, but not combat stats.

in Suggestions

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

My character is maxed in every way possible there is no point to play this game. When you and the rest of the community reach that point you will understand what I mean. but thanks for the post

If that’s the case, GW2 is just the wrong game for you.
My first character is also maxed out, I can’t get any better. But I’m still not done playing, cause I don’t have all the designs I want and, my gear is just the best for my current build, but there are other I want to try. And after that I will at least level two additional chars and get equip for them.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

in Suggestions

Shwesh.3159

GW2 progesses to a certain short point. If you are not lvl 80 with literally everything that can be maxed out maxed out, then you have no right to even comment on this thread. Its not like i hit 80 and make this thread. i Spent time researching and playing the game, experimenting in everything that GW2 offers and after i did all that and thought about it for about i week then i decided to make this thread. but like i said before when you hit 80 and have exotic in every slot with 400/400 prof. countless Spvp skins etc etc. then we can talk.

PS- WOW…been there done that. I"m posting about GW2 and not WoW for a reason.

in Suggestions

Sky.9347

GW2 progesses to a certain short point. If you are not lvl 80 with literally everything that can be maxed out maxed out, then you have no right to even comment on this thread. Its not like i hit 80 and make this thread. i Spent time researching and playing the game, experimenting in everything that GW2 offers and after i did all that and thought about it for about i week then i decided to make this thread. but like i said before when you hit 80 and have exotic in every slot with 400/400 prof. countless Spvp skins etc etc. then we can talk.

PS- WOW…been there done that. I"m posting about GW2 and not WoW for a reason.

So, help me understand.

At least a week ago you had literally done everything GW2 has to offer. Less than one month.

You are done with a game that caters to EXACTLY what you say you want. Endless content.

Instead, you want a combination of the two. To have WoW with a GW2 facelift.

I guess I understand that, but I sincerely hope you fail.

in Suggestions

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

Capped gear stats and limited progression worked very well for GuildWars. Arena Net has done nothing wrong, their concept is solid and earned them enough money to produce GW2, which again, is a blast. Both GuildWars games are all about playing cause you want to, not cause you need to get better gear.

You said you don’t want to play WoW, well the big difference between GW2 and WoW is exactly what you are complaining about. So, I’m a little confused.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

I may have misunderstood you, but it sounds like all you’ve done is maxed out your stats.

You should go for other things, like the dozens of titles available in the game. Start reaching for those!

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

Make another level 80.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

u only played 1/3 of the game.

WvW and sPvP offers infinite re playability.

i guess people like him will never enjoy dota / league of legends / team fortress / counter strike / etc

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amadeuz.4617

Amadeuz.4617

sound like, people like OP just want endless gears grinding game

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gallen Muur.2487

Gallen Muur.2487

I agree that the endgame content is low. What I don’t agree with is that your character is MAXED. You said you have all exotic gear, congradualtions you can get that from completing maps. Get the legendary gear and weapons. You said you want a rank go acomplish well than I guess you have not looked at the achievments list in the hero panel or account medals on the character select screen. You said you have one character, make two more and acomplish the other factions. You said there is only a six month playability. If GW2 will be anything like GW1 then they will open up the next set of areas and the next story mode to kill yet another dragon by then. There are 4 more dragons and a lot of areas that are not open yet, look at the map. What else…post a new thread in this section and sugests new content rather than complaining about what is currently in the game.

Yaks Bend Server

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arc.1425

Arc.1425

Sounds like people like us want a reason to play the game besides the grind.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vigilence.4902

Vigilence.4902

We sure do.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ThirtyOne.3976

ThirtyOne.3976

I’m not intending to chew you out, but if you have done everything, then I might understand your frustration.

1. Achievements: if you were to truly have every achievement track maxed out already, then wow, I would be genuinely amazed, that’s every possible story of each race, all dungeon armors, every WvW event achievement track and sPvP to whatever the max is.. I could go on, but I doubt anyone has done this yet.

2. Playing other professions: it’s commonly known that it’s quite easy to get through most of the game as a Warrior or a Ranger, and probably Engineer too, but have you got every class to maximum level, do they all have the awesome gear your main character does? Again, the amazement would be given if you honestly have and again I would understand your frustration with this lack of endgame you are proposing, but again I am doubting this.

3. Legendary Weapons: I imagine people are only recently starting to get these on their main characters, and this is the kicker as these show effort, dedication and grind and probably the biggest show off of the PvE endgame, if you have all of these then I would.. scratch that, I wouldn’t, because I wouldn’t have to. Want to know something even better, this is THE gear grinding that people thought wasn’t in the game, and even better than that, each legendary weapon can have the stats you want, and you aren’t pigeon holed into a build around it!

There are plenty of goals to achieve, and to be honest, achieving any of these requires a lot of time or investment which no one person can possibly have done yet, or will have done any time soon. I can understand that maybe you won’t want to do some of these things, or doing these take so much time you might get bored on the way. But saying this game needs more endgame content or more variety is silly, there is plenty, the only limits there are, are the ones I have suggested or ones you have imposed on yourself.

Save my heart tomorrow.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sunju.8310

Sunju.8310

I like how you had a blast from 1-80 and then, after getting bored at 80, didn’t think to focus on an alt. One of the reasons GW2 is so amazing is that the stories are quite varied. You aren’t going to play the same game that you did on your first character or any other alt. Learning a whole new class, playing through a new story, choosing different factions, etc… That’s where the major appeal is going to be outside of PvP and gearing up at 80.

Carrot on a stick methods of motivating players is one of the main signs, imo, that the MMORPG is crap. Unfortunately that’s worked for most MMOs so far and that’s a bloody shame.

“A favourite war hero of mine got his tongue shot out.”
“How’d that happen?”
“He doesn’t talk about it.” – Stephen Fry

in Suggestions

Posted by: carson yuen.6739

carson yuen.6739

then i think wow is for you.

just wvw and spvp alone has enough reason for people to play the game. There will be more pve contents in the future also.

please, if you guys want to grind for min/max stats, there are literally every single other mmos in the market that let you do so. For once we have a different mmo and you guys come and try to change it into a mmo that you guys abandon.

just… stop. You won’t be here if you like gear grind so much.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thrash.3684

Thrash.3684

You don’t have a top-end character for PvE; get your legendary weapon. Do dungeons for the achievements oh and you can switch crafting skills, and you’ll retain the previous 400’s you have. Achievements are there so you can keep playing. I’m in the same boat as you, I have full exotic gear but I still play for hours and will continue to because I feel the game isn’t complete until I have done everything I can and that means WvW and sPvP. If you still feel the way you do best switch games.
Peace.

Sanctum of Rall

in Suggestions

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hi everyone.

Thanks for your concerns and feedback. Shwesh, we are aware of all the opinions of the community regarding the end game content and be sure that the gaming experiences in Tyria have just started.

Please, have a look through the suggestions subforum. If you do not find that your suggestion has been discussed before, feel free to reformulate your ideas in a new thread.

I will proceed now to lock this one.
Thanks!