Really bummed with the guild update...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thorzilla.9124

Thorzilla.9124

I really don’t know where to put this but…why so much influence Arenanet? Why can’t us small guilds participate in the new content? Why are we being forced to be in 100-500+ member guilds? Why can’t groups of +20 friends in a guild do this content? I really don’t even know where to put this but I’d like to hear small guilds talking about this?

My guild was stoked with this content, only to find that to be able to do it, we either pay for gems, convert to gold and buy influence, or start becoming a super massive guild with lots of people you don’t know…That or we spend months gathering influence nonstop to be able to upgrade from our t2-3 benefits to t6.

Wow…

Edit with suggestion
Create guild missions on lower tiers, purchasable with less influence and, thus, rewarding less. This would still allow us to enjoy the content.

(edited by Thorzilla.9124)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

Arenanet forgets there are small groups of people WHO ONLY enjoy playing with each other. This whole game should show you that all Anet likes is large groups/Zergs/Mindless gameplay/ and always stepping on the tight knit little guilds by giving them no reason to play the game at all.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thorzilla.9124

Thorzilla.9124

Arenanet forgets there are small groups of people WHO ONLY enjoy playing with each other. This whole game should show you that all Anet likes is large groups/Zergs/Mindless gameplay/ and always stepping on the tight knit little guilds by giving them no reason to play the game at all.

Edited with a little suggestion, but yeah man. My philosophy’s always been to have a small group of always active online friends to do stuff together, but I guess those days are over. Guess we have to kitten ourselves and open the guild to any random dude we can find so we can achieve hundreds of thousands of influence.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Combatter.5123

Combatter.5123

You took the words right out of my mouth. +1

Maetheryl Thorswood (Ranger), Bennish (Guardian), Lex Sabre (Elementalist)
Tyria, Underworld

in Suggestions

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

Yeah this guild update is stupid, the fact alone that it is lvl 5 tree, but also it seem taht to unlock ANY guild mission in any tree you need art of war 5, which no small pve guilds will have invested in AT ALL

in Suggestions

Posted by: dani.1956

dani.1956

End of the small guilds ! Anet next time simply use command : /delete guilds<100 members don’t use the fancy names for us !

in Suggestions

Posted by: Veeber.3192

Veeber.3192

Yep.

in Suggestions

Posted by: EmilyAnn.7219

EmilyAnn.7219

I’m extremely disappointed in Anet. They said this game would not be built around grinding in any way, and yet the small guilds are forced to do exactly that. Either you grind events/dungeons for influence, or you grind for gold to buy your influence. I was a longtime player of GW1 and have played GW2 since the beginning, but today is the first day that I feel like I’ve wasted my time and money on these games.

in Suggestions

Posted by: nihil.9718

nihil.9718

the update means death for my small guild, we started at game launch and we was five iRL friends = we was one of the first guilds on Aurora Glade to posses guild emblems on weapons and armors. Then we moved on PVP and we had no problems during the upgrades because there was no really big upgrades to do in PVP (this must also be discussed).

Now we are still five, but we will be probably forced to move into another guild because we can’t afford those big numbers, we can’t afford it now and we will not be able to afford it.

We can join other guilds you say, fine, but why did you make us possible to live on our own til now, if now it’s all worthless work?

We don’t want casual members to raise the influence, that’s not our target.
and I’m sorry but we can’t afford a 50k influence bottle of commendation, we are not the ones who raised the price of the Precursor weapons for like… 4 month.
We play together and we enjoy to keep it this way, we are member of other guilds aswell but for other purposes, our guild = our home.
Anet is forcing us and whoever knows how many other guilds like us, to become casual or be virtually dismissed to join big bang number guilds because the prize on those guild perks is too high to just ignore it.
We can discuss about this forever but meanwhile, we will represent another guild just because we were too small and this is a fact.

Now I’m going to search a Topic when someone complains about the new tokens + the 50 glob of ectoplasm just to say: “Yes! You’re right! 50 ecto you fool bro?”

GG.

(edited by nihil.9718)

in Suggestions

Posted by: kenshinakh.3672

kenshinakh.3672

Well, my guild has a max of 8 active on a lucky day. Usually 5 when we do WvW or dungeons as a group (since we’re friends in real life).

We all have NO issues with the guild missions, and earning influence is pretty easy even for a small guild like us. We’re not going to disperse and join other guilds.

That just shows… if you’re actually a small guild with tight friendship bonds, guild missions shouldn’t phase you, right?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I’m hoping they will add it to the other areas too, but yeah, small guild and no influence was being added to art of war because it is all about WvW. We just recently did the two to get the treasure trove. The next art of war thing for us is 5000. Had I know that it was going to be that important we could have done it instead of architecture. Oh well.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Suggestions

Posted by: fangtasmagoria.4723

fangtasmagoria.4723

And why the HUGE advantage for WvW, PvP guilds? My guild is very low in the War tier because we are an RP guild so now we have to do a complete shift to get Bounties unlocked so we can even earn merits for the other influence types.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Emmiere.1058

Emmiere.1058

I feel that the influence required for these missions (and to unlock them in the first place) should scale with the amount of people in your guild.

in Suggestions

Posted by: nihil.9718

nihil.9718

Well, my guild has a max of 8 active on a lucky day. Usually 5 when we do WvW or dungeons as a group (since we’re friends in real life).

We all have NO issues with the guild missions, and earning influence is pretty easy even for a small guild like us. We’re not going to disperse and join other guilds.

That just shows… if you’re actually a small guild with tight friendship bonds, guild missions shouldn’t phase you, right?

I don’t know what is the point of the question and i don’t see a relevant explanation on how you can get 50’000 plus more other points with 8 people so I can consider this just a pointless answer.

See it like this then:
“Hello it’s february the 27th 2013 i’m gonna go buy GW2 with my friends and we will set up our own guild oh yes!…. oh wait.. there are already big guilds with full upgrades up and running, there’s no point on earning it for us level by level… oh kitten i tought this was GUILD Wars 2 and we could have our own valuable guild. Dang, guys let’s join Mr Commander’s guild, he already have cookies.”

Well you are doing it wrong. This isn’t really good for a half year old game.

(edited by nihil.9718)

in Suggestions

Posted by: EmilyAnn.7219

EmilyAnn.7219

Emmiere, I WISH I could give you move than 1 +1. They should work on making things like these scale so that they are available to everyone.

in Suggestions

Posted by: kenshinakh.3672

kenshinakh.3672

I don’t know what is the point of the question and i don’t see a relevant explanation on how you can get 50’000 plus more other points with 8 people so I can consider this just a pointless answer.

See it like this then:
“Hello it’s february the 27th 2013 i’m gonna go buy GW2 with my friends and we will set up our own guild oh yes!…. oh wait.. there are already big guilds with full upgrades up and running, there’s no point on earning it for us level by level… oh kitten i tought this was GUILD Wars 2 and we could have our own valuable guild. Dang, guys let’s join Mr Commander’s guild, he already have cookies.”

Well you are doing it wrong. This isn’t really good for a half year old game.

The point of the question is pretty clear… Small guilds in MMOs are usually there for close friends and very tight communities. They don’t make a guild to be like “hey, I have a guild too!”. Guild missions give more point to guilds too. Before, you could just rep about any guild you want and it wasn’t important. There wasn’t a bond or anything strong keeping you attached. That’s a HUGE social flaw of the guild system. WIth this, your strong small guilds will be tested. If you’re close friends or have strong bonds, you’re going to stay together. If you’re not, then you’ll be absorbed. It makes guilds more important and more “worthwhile”. It separates the good from the bad too if you’re looking at small guilds.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Emmiere.1058

Emmiere.1058

Emmiere, I WISH I could give you move than 1 +1. They should work on making things like these scale so that they are available to everyone.

Exactly! Yesterday I was running a dungeon with some people from a different guild. They’re a large guild. We started talking about the upcoming guild missions and they started laughing about the absurd about of influence they were sitting on. I think they mentioned it was about 200,000 influence or so and they had nothing to spend it on! My guild, which has about 40 some members in it, is lucky to earn maybe 10k a week. We’ve been going since launch and we’re still unlocking some tiers. Why not make it scale? It just makes more sense! At least, it does to me.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ProphetZero.6017

ProphetZero.6017

I officially made a suggestion fixing the system for smaller guilds
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/How-Guild-Missions-Should-Look/first#post1520296

in Suggestions

Posted by: Skugga.5298

Skugga.5298

Every small guilds feels the same way,..

in Suggestions

Posted by: dani.1956

dani.1956

Bump ( maybe some devs/gms see this topic ) ! Stating again : for guilds <100 members its impossible to do any mission for the next 1-2 months !? Realy !?

in Suggestions

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

My small guild earns about 10k influence per week and are only at researching AoW lvl 3 right now but we’re not going to let guild missions destroy the group. We will keep earning influence, buying it when we can, and get there eventually. If anyone wants to be absorbed into a large guild they are welcome to do so but I don’t think anyone will since we have built up a pretty nice tight community.

It is disappointing there is nothing new that we can do together right now but we’ll be patient.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheus.7284

Orpheus.7284

Did some addition, might be slightly off but, I think it takes 466,000 influence to unlock all the missions. That’s with no build speed boosts, and get nothing else but researching levels and mission unlocks. That’s about 932gold if you bought commendations. You can make a legendary with that amount.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

Ugh, if I wanted I could do 10k influence a week even alone, but I’d appreciate it if the smaller guilds were taken into consideration too. I fear this update will just force several smaller guilds to quit and join some massive megaguilds, that then start complaining how it’s hard to decide who to kick when they’re full. (Oh wait, they already do complain about that.)

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chovel.7654

Chovel.7654

Reporting in for my small guild. We will remain a small guild of personal friends. I’m not going to disband my small guild of friends just for some ill designed content that requires participation in large faceless guilds.

Seriously, designers. When this was announced (https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/leah-rivera-on-new-guild-missions/) we were led to believe small guilds would be able to participate:

““But what if my guild is super small?” you may say? Not to worry—all these missions take place in the persistent world, which gives you the ability to rally people from the surrounding countryside and maybe make some new friends in the process!”"

GREAT. Please explain how that’s helpful when small guilds can’t even afford to unlock the kitten things.

in Suggestions

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

I see a solution for smaller guilds until this is addressed from Anet. smaller guilds should all ban together to increase each other’s log in counts for the day. strength in numbers, and all that. just takes a few moments, and you can belong to multiple guilds.

Im in a small-ish guild too. we normally have 8-15 people on in peak hours out of 40, and our influence has been hovering around 14-17K for months after we unlocked all our upgrades. I’m sure it will take us a while to unlock all the nice new features, but maybe it will increase activity in the guild.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

in Suggestions

Posted by: pencapchew.5432

pencapchew.5432

Do you guys think that if Anet allowed any one who helps a guild with a bounty mission to receive the personal rewards ( shot at precrusor, a couple of rares and money once a week) that it would help reduce some of the disappointment?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gallen Muur.2487

Gallen Muur.2487

I completely agree but at the same time I’m not going to talk down Anet on this. You guys need to realize that this is a completely new feature and this is exactly what the forums are for. Anet is doing their job and it is time we do ours stop complaining and suggest fixes or other ways of doing things.

With that being said if we do the the first guild mission type and complete all the tiers for it in one month that should give the guild what is needed to advance to the next set of missions. So say a group of five players complete the first type of guild missions 25 times that should give the guild enough influence and merits to go to the next level. Just an idea for rescaling the required amount of influence because it was a bit much.

Yaks Bend Server

in Suggestions

Posted by: Grynchdk.7589

Grynchdk.7589

Can’t agree more. Im apart of a small Charr warband RP guild, and this gives us some great tools for some fun small size RP.

(or atleast i think so, because we can’t afford to try it out)

Gives us the chance to enjoy the gameplay, don’t rule out the small size guilds and RPers like us.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

What an absurd and poorly-thought-out mechanic. Non-initiating guilds cannot get commendations and abhorrently restrictive influence and time costs mean it takes 460 build hours (19.167 days) and 66 700 influence to unlock Guild Bounties (the cheapest and initial mission type). So, as it stands, my guild has one of two choices. Start spam recruiting anyone and everyone to farm influence off of new/naive players, or join a Wal-Mart guild and leech off of their guild missions. Excuse me? ANet is better than this.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Suggestions

Posted by: Paper Animal.2471

Paper Animal.2471

I see where smaller guilds are coming from but I can’t agree that Anet should reduce the influence costs by how many members a guild has so these smaller guilds are able to afford top tier rewards NOW. Being in a larger guild has its perks, one of them being they gain influence faster than a smaller guild and thus are able to unlock top tier perks (guild missions obviously being one of them). Someone please correct me if im wrong, but once a guild activates a guild mission in the world, other players are able to help this guild accomplish said active mission, correct? If you’re in a small 10 person guild band together and help a larger guild accomplish their mission. You’ll be gaining more influence because your guild mates are completing activities together, you’ll have some experience with the guild missions for when your guild is able to unlock them and kitten! you may even meet some awesome people you want to continue to play with. The guild whose mission you joined may even continue to invite your small guild out to help complete their missions. I don’t think smaller guilds are being ruled out, I think a lot of smaller guilds aren’t looking at the whole picture and just focusing on the fact they can’t have top tier rewards this instant.

(edited by Paper Animal.2471)

in Suggestions

Boonprot.6274

I see where smaller guilds are coming from but I can’t agree that Anet should reduce the influence costs by how many members a guild has so these smaller guilds are able to afford top tier rewards NOW. Being in a larger guild has its perks, one of them being they gain influence faster than a smaller guild and thus are able to unlock top tier perks (guild missions obviously being one of them). Someone please correct me if im wrong, but once a guild activates a guild mission in the world, other players are able to help this guild accomplish said active mission, correct? If you’re in a small 10 person guild band together and help a larger guild accomplish their mission. You’ll be gaining more influence because you’re guild mates are completing activities together, you’ll have some experience with the guild missions for when your guild is able to unlock them and kitten! you may even meet some awesome people you want to continue to play with. The guild whose mission you joined may even continue to invite your small guild out to help complete their missions. I don’t think smaller guilds are being ruled out, I think a lot of smaller guilds aren’t looking at the whole picture and just focusing on the fact they can’t have top tier rewards this instant.

No commendations. Probably token Karma and Silver (currency) rewards. In other words, it’s irrelevant right now if you can join in with other Guild Missions or not.

I also don’t think it’s reasonable for me to have to wait several weeks to even begin working on Ascended trinkets. Not reasonable in the slightest.

Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Suggestions

Posted by: Feoriee.4698

Feoriee.4698

I see where smaller guilds are coming from but I can’t agree that Anet should reduce the influence costs by how many members a guild has so these smaller guilds are able to afford top tier rewards NOW. Being in a larger guild has its perks, one of them being they gain influence faster than a smaller guild and thus are able to unlock top tier perks (guild missions obviously being one of them). Someone please correct me if im wrong, but once a guild activates a guild mission in the world, other players are able to help this guild accomplish said active mission, correct? If you’re in a small 10 person guild band together and help a larger guild accomplish their mission. You’ll be gaining more influence because your guild mates are completing activities together, you’ll have some experience with the guild missions for when your guild is able to unlock them and kitten! you may even meet some awesome people you want to continue to play with. The guild whose mission you joined may even continue to invite your small guild out to help complete their missions. I don’t think smaller guilds are being ruled out, I think a lot of smaller guilds aren’t looking at the whole picture and just focusing on the fact they can’t have top tier rewards this instant.

I completely disagree. Why would a small guild, wanting to do the missions, want to help the larger guilds with their commendations. Yes, maybe they will earn influence, and things along that line, but in the long run it help YOU! Anet stated a while back that these missions weren’t going to be catered to large guilds, and by what you just said – you proved them wrong! Of course these missions are catered to larger guilds. Also, why should you be in a large guild to get good rewards. Just because my guild is 35, doesn’t mean we are in any way worse than your guild. Sure, you may have more members – but we go for quality not quantity (fyi I am not saying that your guild is incompetent in any way). And I think being punished for that is wrong on ANET’s part. They should really stick to what they said, and include all players for these type of content updates, not just high and mighty’s. Some guilds don’t even care to do things like WvW, and these stipulations are going to FORCE these guilds into doing things they just aren’t comfortable with. ANET made this game, saying they were catering to the individual player, and now look where we are at. I am dissapointed, to say the least. Dissapointed, and afraid that the small/medium guilds are now going to be left in the shadows of the large guilds. By the time my guild is even ABLE to do just ONE guild mission, I’m afraid it will be too late.

Also I would like to add that this is in no way about getting the rewards. Its about being included! Sure small guilds can join the larger guilds in THEIR missions. But, that is earning commendations for you! Which then you can use your newly earned commendations to earn more rewards for you! Where does that leave the rest of us, but with influence. Sure, maybe it will be a little helpful in earning influence, but that still doesn’t help with overall moral for the guild they are in imo.

(edited by Feoriee.4698)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chovel.7654

Chovel.7654

I guess I just don’t understand what the whole point of guild missions is.

I thought they were supposed to be fun things to do with your guild mates, not a reward for reaching the highest levels of tech trees. Why would you even have to unlock them? Why can’t I just get together with a few guildies and go do a race, or a collaborative puzzle for fun? I don’t need rewards, I just want to do fun things.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Paper Animal.2471

Paper Animal.2471

No commendations. Probably token Karma and Silver (currency) rewards. In other words, it’s irrelevant right now if you can join in with other Guild Missions or not.

I also don’t think it’s reasonable for me to have to wait several weeks to even begin working on Ascended trinkets. Not reasonable in the slightest.

“2 Commendations are awarded to each individual who completes a guild event and can be traded for items from the new vendor in Lions Arch.” I will admit the article was vague on if you had to be IN the guild whose mission it was, or if it’s EVERYONE who participated in the guild event, even if you’re not in said guild. How is it irrelevant if you can join in with other guilds missions? You also said you don’t think it’s reasonable to have to wait several weeks to begin working towards the new ascended trinkets. I presume you are speaking about buying them with commendations. May I suggest going to the laurel vendor? 40 laurels and 50 globs of ecto will get you one of the new ascended accessories.

I completely disagree. Why would a small guild, wanting to do the missions, want to help the larger guilds with their commendations. Yes, maybe they will earn influence, and things along that line, but in the long run it help YOU! Anet stated a while back that these missions weren’t going to be catered to large guilds, and by what you just said – you proved them wrong! Of course these missions are catered to larger guilds. Also, why should you be in a large guild to get good rewards. Just because my guild is 35, doesn’t mean we are in any way worse than your guild. Sure, you may have more members – but we go for quality not quantity (fyi I am not saying that your guild is incompetent in any way). And I think being punished for that is wrong on ANET’s part. They should really stick to what they said, and include all players for these type of content updates, not just high and mighty’s. Some guilds don’t even care to do things like WvW, and these stipulations are going to FORCE these guilds into doing things they just aren’t comfortable with. ANET made this game, saying they were catering to the individual player, and now look where we are at. I am dissapointed, to say the least. Dissapointed, and afraid that the small/medium guilds are now going to be left in the shadows of the large guilds. By the time my guild is even ABLE to do just ONE guild mission, I’m afraid it will be too late.

Also I would like to add that this is in no way about getting the rewards. Its about being included! Sure small guilds can join the larger guilds in THEIR missions. But, that is earning commendations for you! Which then you can use your newly earned commendations to earn more rewards for you! Where does that leave the rest of us, but with influence. Sure, maybe it will be a little helpful in earning influence, but that still doesn’t help with overall moral for the guild they are in imo.

I think I addressed some of your argument in my statement above. Why would smaller guilds want to help larger guilds? why not? Let’s say commendations are only handed out to individuals who are in the guild who activated the mission..honestly, what do you want so badly from the commendation vendor? The new ascended gear you can buy off the laurel vendor. The banners are meh and most can be activated with influence, guild backpacks you can buy off the guild armorer, the new ones have a few more points in stats. Class specific gear boxes can also be bought from laurel vendors (and you get 2 instead of the 1 you get with commendations) and the rest of it is just cosmetic fluff for the most part. All this being said, what exactly can a larger guild member acquire through guild missions/commendation vendor that a member of a smaller guild cannot?

Smaller guilds are included, you may not be able to start your own guild missions but you are more than welcome to come join mine! You have access to the same rewards I do, aside from cosmetic fluff. Therefore, I don’t think small guilds have a leg to stand on as far as rewards and commendations. Yes, it may take you awhile to stockpile enough influence to open guild missions for your guild and I’m sure that’s quite frustrating, but honestly, do you really want them right this moment so your guild can be burned out on them in a month? Imo, half the fun is getting there..

On a side note, if anet wants to reduce the influence cost overall that’s one thing but scaling due to member size is complete kitten. Just like small guilds say they are being punished for being small why should larger guilds have to pay more because they have more members? Because we can afford it? kitten!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Drew.1865

Drew.1865

Evidence of this is just walking into Zerg vs Zerg I mean WVW.

Is GW2 a game or a virtual casino?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Drew.1865

Drew.1865

I guess I just don’t understand what the whole point of guild missions is.

I thought they were supposed to be fun things to do with your guild mates, not a reward for reaching the highest levels of tech trees. Why would you even have to unlock them? Why can’t I just get together with a few guildies and go do a race, or a collaborative puzzle for fun? I don’t need rewards, I just want to do fun things.

The point is to add more grind to a game that is losing players in a saturated market. If you add these missions and the possibility of a precursor dropping you can make lots of money squeezing the smaller guilds to buy gems to convert to gold to buy influence with. This is a business and goal number 1 is to make $$$$

Is GW2 a game or a virtual casino?

in Suggestions

Posted by: DryHumour.1307

DryHumour.1307

Not to either support or contest any of the arguments made here, but remember that you can trade gold for influence (although this represents an opportunity cost, of course).

in Suggestions

Boonprot.6274

“2 Commendations are awarded to each individual who completes a guild event and can be traded for items from the new vendor in Lions Arch.” I will admit the article was vague on if you had to be IN the guild whose mission it was, or if it’s EVERYONE who participated in the guild event, even if you’re not in said guild. How is it irrelevant if you can join in with other guilds missions? You also said you don’t think it’s reasonable to have to wait several weeks to begin working towards the new ascended trinkets. I presume you are speaking about buying them with commendations. May I suggest going to the laurel vendor? 40 laurels and 50 globs of ecto will get you one of the new ascended accessories.

Currently, Ascended amulets can only be purchased with Laurels. Logically, if a player is going for the Ascended trinkets, then they would have spent laurels on the amulet first. Currently, the max number of Laurels anyone can have is, I believe, 12. 13 including today. I happened to miss 1 day of dailies and 2 of the reset laurels, so I’m at only 10 after today. You’re telling me that, instead of fixing an asininely broken mechanic, I should use the next 20 day’s worth of laurels (10 currently + 10 from the next monthly + 20 days and 50 ectos) on an accessory that I should have access to already? No. Stop justifying kitten poor implementations with even worse implementations.

Hell, even the price of the trinkets from the laurel vendor show that ANet is actively pushing for people to integrate into large guilds. 40 laurels and 50 ectos compared to 12 commendations and 5 gold. Incomparable. That’s almost 4 times as much money you’re spending when you go the laurel route, not to mention the opportunity cost of wasting all those laurels on a trinket.

Not to either support or contest any of the arguments made here, but remember that you can trade gold for influence (although this represents an opportunity cost, of course).

20g = 10k influence. That means you need to spend 140g (66.7k influence, 7 sets of 10k, roughly) to unlock bounties from scratch. Absurd.

Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Suggestions

Posted by: Combatter.5123

Combatter.5123

No response from ArenaNet?

Maetheryl Thorswood (Ranger), Bennish (Guardian), Lex Sabre (Elementalist)
Tyria, Underworld

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I think they have a certain economical reason to make guild missions so hard to achieve,
this is what I think: Anet hasn’t given any significant update, introducing nothing new that was of any worth (fractals suck, new pvp maps suck, living story is boring).
Now they still want to keep people interested, lest their game dissapears, cause lots of players are looking for a game that offers them what they want.

How can they do that? Very simple: they introduce guild missions that take about 100k influence per missions type, and that would take about 5 months to unlock them all, if you have 30+ active players.
I don’t see any other reason why it would take 5 months to grab a mission that is already in the open world!

I’m rather dissapointed with Anet. Guild Wars 1 was a long-time success, but very outdated at the end, with no new content of any impact. I fear Guild Wars 2 will be just that. They have the money, but why waste a lot of it on the game?

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Suggestions

Posted by: Valk.6902

Valk.6902

Smaller guilds should be able to compeat!! We should not be forced to join massive guilds.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DryHumour.1307

DryHumour.1307

20g = 10k influence. That means you need to spend 140g (66.7k influence, 7 sets of 10k, roughly) to unlock bounties from scratch. Absurd.

Yes for the initial unlock it is rather expensive; but I would have though within the reach of even a small guild. Also, once unlocked, the costs are not unreasonable.

In any event, I just wanted to point out that there are alternatives to having a large membership.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Purgatory.5296

Purgatory.5296

I would have really liked to have seen the guild missions as being open for free but on a tier basis. Completion of the missions rewards influence. Build the missions around level breaks to coincide with the overall individual, racial and world stories, then continue them post 80 as additional “end game” content.

Because of the smaller guilds or different play times it seems like how they have implemented it leaves a large portion of the player population out.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

They need to start scaling the guild stuff. I’m sure it wouldn’t take long to figure out how much on average a person should make in a day influence wise. Then take that into consideration on ALL guild upgrades not just the event stuff. Bigger guilds prices would be high for upgrades and for the smaller guilds prices would be low.

Just go with this type of formula

(Average Player Influence * guild members ) * how many days it should take to complete = Total influence cost to upgrade

Lets say Average Player gets 100 influence a day and you have 24 members in your guild and ArenaNet decides it should take 6 days to gather enough influence to get a particular upgrade it would look like this…

(100*24)*6 = 14,400 influence needed

But if you had 300 members

(100*300)*6 = 180,000 influence needed

This would solve 2 problems in one. Big guilds would have to sort through their active members and make sure their roster is playing or it would greatly reduce their effectiveness and number 2, make smaller guilds able to do the same stuff as larger guilds in the same amount of time.

I feel no mater what it should have a baseline number like 10 players so even if you had less than 10 it would still multiply by that number to make it even across the board.

This equation may not be perfect but I’m sure most people in small guilds would love it and they seem to be in the majority. There are far less big guilds and they seem to be the ones that will soon reap all the rewards. I think it just would be nice to have all content available to everyone in any guild.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

in Suggestions

Posted by: Feoriee.4698

Feoriee.4698

I love the response to small guilds not having a leg to stand on. That’s quite easy to say when your large guild is able to run the guild missions. Thats awesome that you invite smaller guilds to join the larger guilds missions, but you know what? Honestly, most of the smaller guilds want to run the missions for THEMSELVES! The fact that even guildcast agreed with this segment of the game being catered to larger guilds speaks volumes to me. It is even stated that this is a LARGE part of the game now, not just something that was added then ignored. I personally find it insulting that the smaller guilds are left to flap in the wind. Yea, I understand that banners, and ascended gear can be purchased through other means, but again (as previously stated) I don’t think the issue is about the rewards. It’s about the ability for your own guild to run your own missions for its own members. The fact that I am now seeing the large guilds on my servers shout in map chat for smaller guilds to merge is absolutely absurd. That, amongs other things, is just a small part as to how the smaller guilds are being hurt by this. “How many members? How big is the guild? How far are your upgrades? How much influence do you have?” This is now becoming a basis for players joining guilds. If this is going to be survival of the fittest, I see alot of people, and guilds, being hurt by this.

And to address the issue of the missions being “burnt out” within the first month.. I really have no words for that. If you are able to burn yourself out that quickly for such a large update, then I’m sorry, but I don’t share your opinon. That is just like saying running AC, or another dungeon as soon as it came out would become boring within the first month of playing. Again, I disagree. I’ve gotten all of the rewards that I personally want on my main toon, but I still continue to run the dungeon with guild mates, and I still have just as much fun.

Obviously we aren’t going to agree. I, and my guildies aren’t able to run the missions as we would like, while the large guilds on the other hand could open the missions the day of the update. Its completely different sides of the spectrum.

in Suggestions

Posted by: spderweb.9387

spderweb.9387

I would personally like to see guild missions that increase our influence. I thought that was the whole point of adding these guild missions to begin with. My guild is 4 people. two of which are active. We’re only just about to unlock level 3 architecture so we can wait for 5000 more influence to unlock the treasure trove so we have more bank space. In order to unlock any of the guild missions, we need a rediculous amount of influence and have to unlock levels of other category’s that we have no use for.
definately needs to change, or at least include something to support the smaller guilds.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

I would personally like to see guild missions that increase our influence. I thought that was the whole point of adding these guild missions to begin with. My guild is 4 people. two of which are active. We’re only just about to unlock level 3 architecture so we can wait for 5000 more influence to unlock the treasure trove so we have more bank space. In order to unlock any of the guild missions, we need a rediculous amount of influence and have to unlock levels of other category’s that we have no use for.
definately needs to change, or at least include something to support the smaller guilds.

I think you misslooked something TT, in fact requires lvl 4 architecture, which if i remember right should be around another 10k inf

in Suggestions

Posted by: Twylla Night.1792

Twylla Night.1792

I am also disappointed and concerned about the new approach to guilds. This approach discourages small guilds and will probably result in just a few really huge guilds.

I would be happy with any change that gave small guilds the same chance at boosts and content. When dungeons party size is limited to 5, it makes sense to make guild missions and rewards (like boosts) available and easy to earn for small guilds. I could understand this new emphasis better if dungeon parties needed to be 25.

Our guild is small, PvE only and made up of RL friends and family members (4 generations of players!) All of us were GW1 players for 6+ years. Our schedules rarely coincide and frequently we play solo or only 2 people at a time.

Up until now, we have chugged along slowly earning influence. Many of us are avid gamers who like our boosts and bennies. Our slow rate of influence accumulation was frustrating, but okay because (up until this last update) the rewards were minor and we didn’t lose out on much.

Now there is content and boosts we want, but doing the math — they are beyond our capabilities. Already our most avid gamers are choosing to spend their time in other guilds further decreasing our ability to earn influence. I am afraid that this update spells the end for a guild that has kept us in touch with each other even as our lives scattered us across the continent.

I have liked a lot of things about this game. I like the artwork, I like the puzzles, I like the achievments, I like the living story and having new content with plotlines added. But I also prefer the intimacy of a small guild. I like knowing who I am playing with and I don’t like the pressure and politics that comes with a large guild. Large guild play is just not for me and if that is the direction the game is going, then I probably won’t like future changes any better.

I will try to keep our guild alive in the hopes that there will be changes in the future that will help small guilds. But if our guild disbands, I will probably drift back to GW1 or on to another game. I know the chance I might find one of my friends on line has encouraged me to play. Without that, the game isn’t as much fun.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

What’s the problem? I have a small mostly PvE guild, and we’re building these upgrades now. The answer is to group up and grind a few events. This multiplies the influence you get for them by a factor of ten and you can use influence boosts to help this along. This is already a great way to get money exp and karma.

Yeah It’s a little bit of grinding, but get over it. You get to know some of the people in your guild in the process rather than your guild list being a bunch of people that just share a chat.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jiiub.7135

Jiiub.7135

once again.. you want to get the same thing the huge collection of people gets without any of the effort…

No you cant be paid 100 billion a year just because the country gets that much.

Rorgash
Necromancer
[IRON] Gaming