Remove all enemy NPCs from max lvl areas.

in Suggestions

Posted by: nolop.8095

nolop.8095

Running through Orr and Southsun Cove I noticed that nobody was fighting any of the mobs.
They just gathered materials, completely ignoring the enemy NPCs.

So I would suggest to remove all NPCs from those areas because they don’t have reason to exist. They should just be replaced by a global debuff that stacks and deals damage when you stand still. This way gathering could be a bit mor fun and you don’t have pesky NPCs trying to bait you into a fight.
In addition creating new content becomes much easier so we can get more different areas to grind in a shorter time.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

So, you’re saying there should be more mobs with better AI to make running around a bit more difficult in Orr? Yeah, I agree with that. There is like no challenge at all, even if the area is supposed to be all hostile and stuff.

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

in Suggestions

nolop.8095

wow I didn’t expect anyone to get that at all ..

Also a reward for killing stuff in form of loot would be nice, 32 mobs down and not even a junk drop. I guess that’s one way of making a “no-grind-game” huh ?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

wow I didn’t expect anyone to get that at all ..

Also a reward for killing stuff in form of loot would be nice, 32 mobs down and not even a junk drop. I guess that’s one way of making a “no-grind-game” huh ?

Yeah, I don’t really get people who complain the Orr is too hard. Even when you start fighting mobs, sure, there is the possibility that they deal damage to you, but its not all that significant (event to a staff elementalist that I am) much less lethal. And when I say that in any “add more carebears to Orr” thread, people just play the “you’re a troll” -card.

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

in Suggestions

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I approve of this.

Also, putting the most important material nodes (like Omnom/Ori/Ancient Sapplings) in the hardest to reach areas, or surrounded with lots of mobs could also help defeat the bot menace ^^

PS: Orr isn’t hard, it’s a walk in the park if you know what you are doing

in Suggestions

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

32 mobs down and not even a junk drop. I guess that’s one way of making a “no-grind-game” huh ?

What mobs are you fighting? Normal mobs drop stuff all the time.

I don’t really get people who complain the Orr is too hard.

What’s hard is maintaining territory. Sieges always contest the waypoint, making it hard for players to go defend them in time. This discourages players from defending at all.

That’s why people have resorts to sneaking around the mobs instead of claiming/defending territory.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

in Suggestions

nolop.8095

They should put mobs in goups like they did in GW1.
2 mages 1 abo and one noble/pirate running around together and you might have a little challange.