Request: Toggle option "Other" player titles.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Darx.9842

Darx.9842

Now that player titles are visible, there’s TWICE as much text on the screen. In crowded areas its obvious to see why this is a problem. It was perfect how it was. If someone wants to see titles that’s fine, give them a checkbox in the menu to display them.

Sure I can turn off player names. But I want to see player names, I don’t want to see titles and I don’t want double the amount of text floating on my screen.

This is a request to include a check-box within the game menu to hide or show OTHER players titles.

Please show your support and help send this message to Anet.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chorel.1720

Chorel.1720

I was just talking to a guild mate about this. They have good ideas that they don`t think through. Having a toggle for titles is something that they should have thought about.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Absolutely. +1
They have to offer an option to display the titles or not.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tweetweetcaw.5106

Tweetweetcaw.5106

I wholeheartedly agree with your post, Darx. I think it’s really cool that you can see people’s titles without having to click on them, but I also want the option to only show character names on my screen during situations where I don’t need to see people’s titles as it would only be more things to load when the game could be loading other things for me. Like world versus world and world events like dragons. xD Thanks for your well-written post; I can basically just nod to everything you wrote.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

Didnt realise they had done that its something I thought should happen for quite some time. If a toggle option isn’t too hard to implement then for all means go for it, more options is rarely a bad thing especially when it comes to customising ui

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

in Suggestions

Posted by: abstractimpact.7804

abstractimpact.7804

definetly +1
Such an option is definetly a MUST!
The screen is now flooded with useless information to the game, blocking the real action’s view!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bender.4352

Bender.4352

definetly +1
Such an option is definetly a MUST!
The screen is now flooded with useless information to the game, blocking the real action’s view!

+1

ps: give us our quickness back

in Suggestions

Posted by: kerzain.4801

kerzain.4801

I came here to make a post requesting this feature. Please put an option in the game to disable the display of player titles, while retaining our ability to see their names and guild tags.

A quick resolution to this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hegel.9182

Hegel.9182

Yes, titles are way too intrusive now. We need an option to disable titles without having to remove names altogether.

Quite frankly, I don’t see how giving a few minor options to let players customize this aspect of their play experience can be a bad thing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: infrequentia.3465

infrequentia.3465

hell yea +1
finally culling fixed just to see 100’s of titles floating in the air

“If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nilgoow.1037

Nilgoow.1037

This will be in the August patch. Rumor has it that it contains a paid expansions worth of check boxes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I personally love the new way of seeing the titles, but can see that having a disable view option on these would benefit many, so +1 in support of this suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: slycere.1296

slycere.1296

I would just like to add my +1 to this suggestion. An option to hide other player titles should be implemented as it significantly adds to screen clutter specially during massive events. Better yet, the GW1 method of title displays could be followed wherein player titles are only shown if you mouse click/hover on the player.

Shyld Slycere, Synful Slycere, Syn Slycere,
Bryndle Slycere, Bryl Slycere, Flytes Slycere,
Shyde Slycere – Northern Shiverpeaks

in Suggestions

Posted by: kosmo.2437

kosmo.2437

-1000 for the Request!

Meaning of live:Defend the Titles!

in Suggestions

Posted by: therealjaymes.9875

therealjaymes.9875

Would love the option to turn off everyone’s titles. Those who say, “turn off player names then,” aren’t thinking, a lot of us do that already, we just hold alt when we want to see names.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

I’d like to add the suggestion that if possible, I’d like to keep my friends and guildmates titles visible but toggle off random peoples titles. I love the new title display system, titles were pointless before because you couldn’t show them off. But I think it really only matters to show it off to the people you play the game with.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mujen.2089

Mujen.2089

IMO bad ideal to setup titles in this fashion, its annoying & just clutters the screen, don’t put titles above or below a name plate while characters are walking around. prefix or suffix or the old way.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Harry.3896

Harry.3896

Feel 100% the same as you, Darx. That was the first new “feature” I discovered about 10 seconds after playing with the new patch installed. And about 10 minutes later I spent 5 minutes searching in the options dialogue where I can disable the kitten titles ;-)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

I would like to turn off weapons, armors and …oh, characters as well. Well, why not? I am a solo player and I want the game to feel like a single player game.

this was a sarcastic answer to all the +1 above

here is a quoted answer from another thread that can solve this situation

In GW1 you would see the displayed titles of people you selected or moused over, but you wouldn’t have the screen clogged by all the displayed titles when you held down ctrl.

(edited by Ronah.2869)

in Suggestions

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

Yes, we need that option. I don’t want to see titles but still want to see names

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in Suggestions

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

not necessary to have an option to disable titles but why not make it like in GW1
the titles are shown like now but only when you move your cursor over the player…
so you dont have to click every person and read the tiny title but its still not annoying to see so much text everywhere…

THIS!!!!!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Darx.9842

Darx.9842

For now we can start a movement to help each other out.

To anyone reading this: Please turn off your own title out of respect to everyone else. Less clutter on the screen is good for everyone.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Andrew.4506

Andrew.4506

I understand why some people want their titles shown, but this really needs to be toggle-able. If I target someone, or hover over them, by all means show me all info related to that person. However my screen was already pretty cluttered with names before, which I felt necessary to have up so I could see where my guildmates and party members were, now it’s borderline illegible. Please let us show names without titles!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Elentari.9156

Elentari.9156

+1
I definitely feel like there is too much text cluttering my screen, and would really really appreciate an option to turn it off.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

Toggling title display is a must. I’m having a hard time imagining how this change was made without that feature in the first place.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bogartan.2756

Bogartan.2756

+1 agree

Best would be multiple options for title display:
Display on mouseover
Display on select
Cull title display
Title font size +/-

x

Sorrow’s Furnace
{SN} Sentimental Nightmares
Darsveth, Warrior – Dexter Oliver, Thief

in Suggestions

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

+1
Completely support a toggle on/off for titles, or at the very least only show them when hovering over another character.

in Suggestions

Posted by: poziix.7285

poziix.7285

Agreed, I don’t care about titles at all. I have no interest in seeing a bunch of titles on a screen long before I see an actual player. More power to people who go for the title thing, it’s not for me though. Please give me an option to have less clutter on my screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: Valatura.3942

Valatura.3942

I was just talking to a guild mate about this. They have good ideas that they don`t think through. Having a toggle for titles is something that they should have thought about.

We don’t know why they didn’t provide the “choice” option, of course, but I suspect they did give the toggle a thought, and then passed on it because of the amount of work involved.

Whether my guess is correct or not, I would like them to do the work. I don’t need no stinkin’ titles.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daithic.6195

Daithic.6195

+1 for an obvious good idea.
I’m still recovering and adjusting to the lag included with the addition of self-adjusted culling and the resulting mega-zerg tactic it seems to have spawned in WvW, and a wall of text is bad enough without becoming a double wall of text. I don’t care if the enemy has “King of the Sand Castle” or “Just another Red Dot” below his name. I don’t even care what shows instead of Invader or Defender for that matter…
Please do include an option at least to show/not show Enemy Titles.
Thanks.

in Suggestions

Posted by: pumpkinlykos.6954

pumpkinlykos.6954

Please make this a toggle option. It is too much clutter on the screen.

in Suggestions

Posted by: kratan.4619

kratan.4619

Big plus one to this suggestion!

in Suggestions

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Hope they don’t so i can show how imba i am in the game oh you don’t have titles? mmm maybe you’re not that good player then.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Malisane.9461

Malisane.9461

+1 for toggle option. I don’t care what your title is and i don’t want them covering my screen.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

+1 for option to not show titles. In any grouping of players the display of titles is a major display of useless screen clutter.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arekai.5698

Arekai.5698

They said in another thread that they are “investigating” on this.
Which basically means, soon™.
Be prepared for a fix in 3-4 months.

in Suggestions

Posted by: XeKc.9310

XeKc.9310

-> 6 months have passed
Still “investigating”..?