Reset heart quests

Reset heart quests

in Suggestions

Posted by: Steinpilz.5078

Steinpilz.5078

I have 6 level 8 characters and do not want to create a new character.
But I like the feeling of exploring and I would love to do the heart quests again, so this is my idea:

When you enter a map you can choose to reset the heart quests there.
The yellow hearts on this map than become blue.
You can do the quests again and earn adventure points (AP).
Adventure points can be exchanged into gems, obsidian shards, laurels or Karma.

Reset heart quests

in Suggestions

Posted by: LeeroyNimoy.1864

LeeroyNimoy.1864

That sounds like an exploitable way to make farming things easy and OP if you ask me. You have 6 level 8 characters, and you like exploring? Go to a new zone . . .

Ability is what you can do; Motivation is how much you do; Attitude is how well you do it.
My idea compilation thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Seven-ideas-in-one-post/first#post3038023

Reset heart quests

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I think if you reset them you shouldn’t get any new currency for completing them. We have enough currencies. I think if you do them again you just get the same XP you would have the first time. No change. Otherwise, it’s exploitable.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Reset heart quests

in Suggestions

Posted by: nagrim.5634

nagrim.5634

What about you can reset all our hearts only when u achieved world completion , like a new game + mode in some console Rpg’s . it would be okay i guess. i would glady reset my world completion on my main , to redo it again , to get something liek , over achiever title or something , even just fun and replay value would be great. I think this game needs more replay value of its content. Exploration , story mode, living story , all should at some point be able to be relived by a character. and yes i know , just remaking a character will give all the hearts and exploration back , but its not the same :P

Reset heart quests

in Suggestions

Posted by: Falkor.7932

Falkor.7932

What about you can reset all our hearts only when u achieved world completion , like a new game + mode

This sounds good. Maybe have Zommoros manage “world gambits” for you as well, earning you more karma & goodies.

“One time! I slightly blew some of us up one time, and you won’t let it go.”
- Explorer Bekk

Reset heart quests

in Suggestions

Posted by: Steinpilz.5078

Steinpilz.5078

What about you can reset all our hearts only when u achieved world completion ,

That is exactly what I mean.
It would be a bonus feature for those who complete the world.

Reset heart quests

in Suggestions

Posted by: jayvux.4128

jayvux.4128

This would be a nice implementation, maybe have tiers of difficulty as well for those that world-completed; and of course making them rewarding as well

GM of Leaders [LEAD]
Server: Darkhaven (fb.com/groups/guildwars2darkhaven)
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJayvux

Reset heart quests

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kerushi.7609

Kerushi.7609

When I read the first post I thought it was a terrible idea. But then the further down I went the more I reconsidered. With the ‘living world’ you can redo events, I don’t see why we can’t redo hearts. I am working on my third character with 100% map completion, and I’m sure if I re-did hearts I would use my molten pick, southsun sickle and atherblade axe in all the areas to get the nodes. Right now I don’t really have a reason to go back to the older areas.

It seems really that Queensdale is the only place that people go back and re-do quests. I think this idea would help new players have older players on the same map so their events are more enjoyable.

~Shirin Shi (Silvari Necro)
TFG Os Northern Shiverpeaks

Reset heart quests

in Suggestions

Posted by: WildRaptor.4593

WildRaptor.4593

Personally, I like the idea of being able to redo Renown Hearts more because it’d let me join my friends who are completing hearts that I’ve already done.

Even though it was really fun the to finish up the hearts the first time, I think exploring new content is even more fun than higher difficulty versions of content I’ve already completed.

And with Living World, there’s always new content being added to the game. So maybe this suggestion is less about not having things to do and more about adding replay value to of different types of content, including those without the large group style of Living World content.