Seeing other players while dead

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daegal Master Thief.4718

Daegal Master Thief.4718

I love the death system in this game because it both makes you feel heroic for reviving a fallen player, and gives you hope that someone will come along and rescue you.

But I have become annoyed that too often I will be busting my butt to try and reach a fallen player, and just as I get to there body through a horde of monsters, they vanish, presumably to the nearest waypoint, leaving me disappointed and even a little betrayed. Why didn’t that wait for me?

Likewise, when I am dead, I hold down alt to highlight any nearby players I might appeal to for help, but frequently the camera and terrain will prevent any line of sight, so I give up assuming I have been left for dead.

So my suggestion is to give a dead player some way of seeing nearby living players so they can weigh their chances of rescue before deciding to teleport. My suggestions would be to either make the living players visible on the minimap, or highlight their nameplates through terrain, or both.

Also, folks, when you see Daegal Master Thief unconscious on the ground, help a guy out! ;-)

Also, great game and keep up the great work!

in Suggestions

Posted by: raphaeldisanto.5478

raphaeldisanto.5478

If you’re in the map screen scanning for a waypoint and someone starts to rez you, you get a message, but a) that doesn’t address your point of people vanishing right as you get there, and b) many players don’t notice it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

If it’s any consolidation you never truly “die” as “dying” is completely a game mechanic. Plot wise your character never, ever dies. But yeah I just go to the nearest waypoint unless someone’s rezing me. Sometimes I center my strategy around downed state as you know it’ll happen, which involves radiation field, lava, and the lava activated from the talent. If there are any ranged mobs go to the nearest one so melee crowds you near them, and always take out ranged first anyway as they can afford to distance themselves to ensure that only one of them is caught in your AoEs while still being able to attack you.

Granted the plan isn’t 100% but works often enough. Dying/downed state is something I try avoiding but sometimes you just know it’ll happen.

(edited by Agemnon.4608)

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

I generally wait 3-4 minutes if I am in an area where there is a -chance- that I will be revived, but I think the map should have an optional toggle to show all players in your immediate area, whether you are alive or not. It would be very helpful to know if there are people around for a DE, for example.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah Jenn.1253

Ronah Jenn.1253

I would suggest that while “dead”, waiting for a resurrection, you could exit your body as a small colored flame (orange for warriors, red for elementalists, etc) and fly around the body in a specific radius and watch the fight around you. When / if someone is resurrecting you, the flame will loose player’s control for distance and it will come closer and closer to your body, but still you can move it around on a radius

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

I would suggest that while “dead”, waiting for a resurrection, you could exit your body as a small colored flame (orange for warriors, red for elementalists, etc) and fly around the body in a specific radius and watch the fight around you. When / if someone is resurrecting you, the flame will loose player’s control for distance and it will come closer and closer to your body, but still you can move it around on a radius

That is an awsome idea!

<offers you a precious cookie of über chocolate goodness>