Serious tweak to DE scaling is really needed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Please Anet, give me a minute of your precious time to listen about this issue.

DEs bring epic difficulty and raid-like epicness to the field when there are 1-5 players, but the difficulty just doesn’t scale enough with player numbers beyond that.
If 8 or more player are there, mobs will be no challenge whatsoever and die on spawn.
The DE will turn from an epic fight to the last breath to a “try to get one hit off each mob to get kill credit before they get mass-spiked”.

I suggest that you give another look to how mob’s health, damage reduction and damage dealt scales with player number increase.

DEs are a great feature but really need this hotfix or they’ll be only great when there aren’t enough players around.

Thank you for listening.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ubung.7423

Ubung.7423

Yeah the events just are way too easy when there are more people around. And in orr there are always people around.

in Suggestions

Posted by: gene helo.1590

gene helo.1590

Yup. I realized its almost impossible to fail DE ..at least up to where I am. I’m only level 65.

in Suggestions

Posted by: drizel.6194

drizel.6194

And rather than just spawning more enemies, scale their health instead. Nothing worse than getting focus fired by 15 enemies because you were at the wrong place at the wrong time during a zerg. Maybe build in different levels for a DE where different mobs show up depending on the amount of players or something?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Canoas.8423

Canoas.8423

I think they should scale the number of mobs spawned and the health as well. Right now a big pack of mobs goes down in a second, it’s not challenging at all.

in Suggestions

Red Falcon.8257

DEs are an incredible feature but they really need this fix to keep up with players.

in Suggestions

Posted by: gene helo.1590

gene helo.1590

I thought i saw a video where Anet said the amount of players would scale the amount of mobs spawned and their health too.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brian.8037

Brian.8037

You should see what some people say when this happens, at Malchor’s Leap there was an event with about 25+ people and alot of mobs started to spawn with alot of annoying veterans which made it hard for the bar to make progress and do you know what people did?

They started yelling and complaining that this is too hard and takes too long and started leaving much to the relief of us others cause it made it a bit easiar to do it and we didn’t have to listen to them, it is a fact that most events can be harder with alot of people around and would be more fun but be carefull how much harder you want it, some people can’t handle the pressure.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeffy.3984

Zeffy.3984

I thought i saw a video where Anet said the amount of players would scale the amount of mobs spawned and their health too.

I think they DO scale, just not as much as they need to. I have a feeling Anet didn’t anticipate such a huge number of people playing.

I definitely feel like DEs need to scale more. As of right now, I have a lot of fun doing events when it’s me and 2-5 other people. Once a ton of other people show up, the event isn’t as fun anymore because it doesn’t scale to the extent it needs to and it loses the challenge.

Zeffy | Asuran Guardian~

in Suggestions

Red Falcon.8257

Anet are you looking into this? Can we get any formal answer?
Please realize that as much as DEs are a great feature, they get worse than fetch quests when player number increase.
They need to scale more in difficulty or we’ll be just struggling to get “mob credit”.

That is not entertaining.