Solo Dungeons

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blayde.4107

Blayde.4107

Just a thought I had. I’m getting tired of trying to wait for other people to team up with. So basically in solo mode the opponents you fight are not as strong but still on a challenging level. either that or a party full of tuff npcs.

yes? no? maybe? what do yall think about it? I usually don’t like going to much into details about my thoughts.

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

What would be the point ( or fun ) in that? Dungeons are not and never should be made for solo play . They are made for groups of people with a common goal to kick some NPC butt. There is more than enough solo play already if that’s your preference .

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blayde.4107

Blayde.4107

What would be the point ( or fun ) in that? Dungeons are not and never should be made for solo play . They are made for groups of people with a common goal to kick some NPC butt. There is more than enough solo play already if that’s your preference .

yea i would agree, but for high level dungeons you mostly hear crickets and are unable to find anybody to group up with.

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Join a guild. Then you’ll have more people to talk to and play with.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: BloodDoll.4602

BloodDoll.4602

Soloing is fun for some people. I dislike mostly everyone. I do like the game though with the gold limit on transfers it’s broken for me. Still rather play alone then with players who type nonsense and spoil the mood of the game for me. I don’t know why they can’t be solo and group. If grouping is so great the people who like it will still do it. The people who want to play alone will play alone. At least DCUO got smart and added a DUO mode. I have all the raid armor and I got it duoing only. I never did a raid. That would be a smarter thing to do.

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: roqoco.4053

roqoco.4053

There is actually some solo/duo dungeon content – i.e. the caves and sometimes mountain passes, that are slightly off the main routes are essentially mini dungeons. Some of them are hard to solo, but usually doable with two. I think this is the way Arenanet should go for the most part – i.e. more (much more!) content that is a bit challenging slightly off the beaten track and that’s integrated into the open world gameplay.

The formal dungeons feel like a throw back – they have nothing to do with the open world play are much too long so that people with RL commitments often have problems, don’t have decent loot and aren’t really that interesting, with puzzle encounters that need to be done some specific way rather than challenges that test combat skill & class cooperation.

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raylion.4362

Raylion.4362

I would personally like to see solo dungeons. I prefer soloing, dislike pugs immensely but do like other player interaction in the open world. I know its an MMO and I know I could join a guild but it would be nice to be able to solo the dungeons as an extra thing to do for the more singular minded.

Don’t mind if there aren’t rewards at the end, it would just be nice to see the content without depending upon others.

I guess I just want to jump in and play and not be reliant other players for specific areas of content…love the open world though and the way it scales, just wish this scaling would apply in the dungeons so soloing could happen (or a solo mode was added along with story and explorable).

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Theplayboy.6417

Theplayboy.6417

+ 1 for OP. I hate waiting on other players. It’s frustrating that I can’t run the path I want to run because the people I do find to group with always want to take the same path of the 3. On top of that you have people who leave halfway through the dungeon or go AFK and become unresponsive. Also, I get extremely impatient with most of the PvE players in this game because they don’t realize how to play their class even after 100 hours of game play. The dungeons should scale to the number of players. If you don’t like solo play then group up. If you enjoy solo play the dungeons should not be cut off to you.

At the very least bring back the Henchman and/or Hero option from Guild Wars 1.

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raine Akrune.8416

Raine Akrune.8416

Agreed, I know a guy in RL that complains constantly about things being to hard to complete by himself. Meanwhile the loner is trying to do things designed for 2-5 players. It’s called an MMO ladies and gents, Multiplayer is one of those M’s.

Asuran Master Thief/Charr Paladin Extraordinaire
Khan of The Burning Eden [TBE]
www.theburningeden.com

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Graevarg.4871

Graevarg.4871

Not being snide, but it sounds like your answer is Skyrim. Single player games are numerous and built for that purpose. MMOs are designed to accommodate people with friends, or people who like to make them along the way. Your next party may well be four new friends you just haven’t met yet.

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

No this is an mmo, it should be multiplayer. If you want a single player game then play one. The heroes were one of the horrible things about GW1. Solo levelling is one thing, but dungeons?

Joining a guild would help, and otherwise they have said they’ll be improving the dungeon finder tool.

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Raine Akrune.8416

No this is an mmo, it should be multiplayer. If you want a single player game then play one. The heroes were one of the horrible things about GW1. Solo levelling is one thing, but dungeons?

Joining a guild would help, and otherwise they have said they’ll be improving the dungeon finder tool.

Yea the downfall of GW1 was the lack of people wanting to group for things because they could just take their Hero drones specced for the builds needed. That’s why I stopped playing GW1 and would hate for that to happen to GW2.

www.theburningeden.com

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azaziel.3608

Azaziel.3608

I also prefer to solo than to do stuff with others…but when I sign to play a multiplayer game, I at least expect some actual multiplayer content and interact with others, I mean it’s par of the genre of the game.
There are many singleplayer rpgs out there, maybe you could try one of them (DAO for instance is pretty similar to gw2 but singleplayer)…
Or maybe ask arenanet to develop a second gw2 singleplayer game (basically the same game but for 1p) although I doubt you alone could convince them to do that.
Besides most of the game content is soloable already.

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: BTIGER.3160

BTIGER.3160

There should be a SOLO path on each dungeon with lock out timers so it cannot be farmed by gold farmers . 48 hrs would be fine IMO.

Why should exclusive soloers who played the entire game to this point solo be left out?
Look at DDO..this game is almost 90% dungeon crawl which can be done solo. So don’t tell me it can’t be done.

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

@BTIGER Why should development time and money be spent altering the multiplayer content in a multiplayer game to suit people who want to play a single player game? It just doesn’t make sense when those resources can be spent improving and expanding the multiplayer content. Most people who buy an mmo want to play with people, it’s the core feature of the genre.

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Raine Akrune.8416

@BTIGER Why should development time and money be spent altering the multiplayer content in a multiplayer game to suit people who want to play a single player game? It just doesn’t make sense when those resources can be spent improving and expanding the multiplayer content. Most people who buy an mmo want to play with people, it’s the core feature of the genre.

Agreed, if you want a single player experience then go play Skyrim or something.

www.theburningeden.com

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cortechs.3265

Cortechs.3265

I would love to have some solo dungeons thrown in. At the moment, there isn’t much content that is challenging for a solo player, and it would be wonderful to have some content to accommodate this.

Multiplayer dungeons come with far too much drama and baggage. There are already people trying to get Inspect in the game so they can boot anyone without the “perfect build”.

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Raine Akrune.8416

I would love to have some solo dungeons thrown in. At the moment, there isn’t much content that is challenging for a solo player, and it would be wonderful to have some content to accommodate this.

Multiplayer dungeons come with far too much drama and baggage. There are already people trying to get Inspect in the game so they can boot anyone without the “perfect build”.

That’s a two way street. Yes there are the elitists that will demand you change your build or w/e their issue may be and I suggest you ignore them immediately, their not fun to play with and as such should learn some social skills or play with their own kind.

That doesn’t mean there should be solo dungeons so we can lose more aspects of the multiplayer genre this game caters to. GW1’s biggest flaw was the lack of multiplayer in it because of henchmen and heroes. If they make it so you never have to group with anyone the MMO needs to come off the game genre for GW2 and they may as well call it GW1.5 so no thank you.

Now to try and find some middle ground for those in favor, how about a 2-man set of dungeons? You take your friend in with you and test your coordination and communication. They could make one for every available five man dungeon and still keep the multiplayer aspect.

/2cents

www.theburningeden.com

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cortechs.3265

Cortechs.3265

No thanks. They will still insist on speed running through it. I tried dungeons in Rift and TOR and didn’t have any idea what we were doing or even what half the mobs we were fighting were since we were going mach 10 the whole way.

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tekietee.5037

Tekietee.5037

I’ve ran Arah Exp mode 5 times now. Each time I’ve gotten to the final boss, everyone left saying “its impossible”.

I seem to be one of the only people on my server even capable of dodging his easily dodgible moves. If I could solo him, hell yeah I’d love the chance to. People just flat out suck, and I shouldnt be wasting 3hours on a dungeon without an rewards because my team bails.

However I think there should be a dungeon lobby. A Place with every dungeon gate, and maybe even the dungeon NPC’s. However to access the dungeon (if its one that even slightly has a chance to be contested) it’l always be contested, and to get in you’ll need to buy a gem store item to allow access (can drop from blchests).

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: GADefence.5634

GADefence.5634

Early in the game’s development, it was said that every dungeon would be soloable. The rewards would scale with how many players were there so you could do it yourself and be rewarded alone or have much loot with many people.

That part seems to have died, unfortunately. Duo-solo dungeons would be a nice touch later on.

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Whinis.8179

Whinis.8179

I realize that some people just want to solo however this is an MMO and designed for you to interact with other players. Dungeons and DE’s are designed around multiple players interacting to preform some action. Whenever you make it so the whole game can be soloed it turns into little more than a single player game with micro transactions and forced to be online (diablo 3 anyone?). There are numerous good and well thought out RPG experiances out there, however if you choose to play a MMO you should either concede that you won’t be able todo anything or group.

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

I think if they implemented something like how RIFT made Chronicles which were mini solo/duo dungeons it would be a great thing.

So for instance there would be a mini dungeon that can be completed by one or two people in Ascalon Catacombs etc.

The difficulty is still there, but it is adjusted to be completed by one or two people.

P.S. This wouldn’t replace the existing dungeons. They are just a sliver of what players can expect for doing dungeons. So if people can’t form a group, they aren’t locked out of the experience. If they are time constrained or can’t form a group of 5, they can still have a dungeon experience.

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir

(edited by Joey.3928)

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

If you hate people, you should probably get off an MMO, with all due respect. Not the place for you.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: lothefallen.7081

lothefallen.7081

Why would you ever play an MMO for solo content in any way shape or form? That is never where the longevity lies and that’s why GW2 will tank. It just doesn’t provide enough mental challenge or variation in the combat and grouping is largely redundant anyway. It’s practically a single player game because of the lack of trinity and shallow, impersonal content delivery. Why would anyone want to make more solo elements for a solo game? I think this suggestion is counter-productive to the cohesion of this game. It’s not going to be improved by forcing people into seclusion, that could only make it more shallow and less engaging for the player base as a majority. If they had just kept some semblance of trinity and added more instanced content like map stories you can do with groups, this game would be a much better experience.

The Ardent Aegis
http://aa-guild.shivtr.com/

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Theplayboy.6417

Theplayboy.6417

If you enjoy giant group content and raiding then maybe the Guild Wars Series isn’t for you. Guild Wars has always had a solo option for ALL of its PvE Content. Henchmen and Heroes will make a return at some point. I’m certain you all still have your WOW Subs active.

I play MMO’s mainly to play against other players. I group up and play with other players in PvE only when I have to. However, team vs team PvP is where the real excitement is. PvE is easy mode. If you don’t win in PvE it’s because you’re doing it wrong.

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fox Mulder.6907

Fox Mulder.6907

I feel that since we paid at least $60 for this game, it’s not a free to play game, that we should have the option for solo play. The champions, dungeons, & personal story could be made easier for solo or even smaller than 5 member teams. Arenanet has made us less powerful in lower level areas. I still haven’t explored the full potentail of my armor & weapons, mostly because of farming, daily achievements & completing maps. I am level 67 running around in level 40-50 areas. Bottom line, we paid for this game & we should be able to explore & KILL everything solo or in a group.

As new content gets added it will become impossible to find groups of 5 for older content.

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

I could solo a dungeon in GW1, and when that build got nerfed I could just run NPC’s. Not only was it more effective than a PUG, but it was less time consuming and less bullkitten that’d you have with stupid players.

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

perhaps in the future dungeons may be doable with hire-able henchmen via usage of gems.

more monies to anet. good.

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

I think a solo version of a dungeon would be refreshing blast for me. I don’t want to sound like a spoiled brat and no one else does, but I think a solo path for every dungeon isn’t too much to ask from Anet. Heck maybe even throw in a unique weapon and armor set for the solo version maybe, but that might be too much to ask for.

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: GabrielD.9582

GabrielD.9582

I Totally agree with this, some people just like to play the game alone, nothings wrong with that!

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

In my book, they shouldn’t waste valuable time on developing Solo Dungeons as long as the game is not perfect. So, maybe we can have this for xmas 2018.

It’s not that hard to find 4 other players to do dungeons, even Arah never took me longer than maybe 20 min at max.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raylion.3275

Raylion.3275

I would like to see solo dungeons or the introduction of heroes/henchmen from GW1 to make dungeon soloing possible. A real shame such an option is currently available as it would really open up the game.

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

I agree with the OP and those who believe that heroes/henchmen should be an option. I am frankly sick to death of trying to run dungeons with a group only to find members bailing or demanding a speedrun when I want to actually explore the dungeons. A solo mode therefore would be ideal for me so I don’t have to put up with this nonsense.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: GADefence.5634

GADefence.5634

Wasn’t “scalable content” one thing they said would include dungeons being soloable, early on?

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

Wasn’t “scalable content” one thing they said would include dungeons being soloable, early on?

No. They said something about open world “dungeons” – which are there – and open world bosses that scale. I don’t remember anything about soloable real Dungeons.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: tekmosis.4560

tekmosis.4560

For everyone who are saying “GW2 is an MMO, if you want to solo then this isn’t the game for you”, stop being a bigot. The ArenaNet team stated from the start that you don’t have to be social in GW2, and they made that evident with DE’s. Some people just like playing games by themselves and no one should tell them they shouldn’t play GW2 because of that.

Personally, I would really enjoy it if Dungeons could be solo’d. Diminish the rewards significantly, that’s fine with me. If it takes me a year to get a full set of Armour then so be it, but for me that’s something that would extend the life of the game.

Is the upcoming dungeon, Fractals of the Mists, bottomless? Assuming it is, or that there will be a bottomless dungeon, I would love to be able to solo that, and then if I have a couple of friends that want to jump in they can and the dungeon will scale.

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

Let story modes be soloable and leave everything else as group content.

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Fox Mulder.6907

There seems to be several people who agree with me. We don’t even need H&H just let us play alone. Again I ask who does solo or less than 5 scalable dungeons hurt? The players who want to control everything! A-net is never wrong. As for people who think it takes more programming to do “scalable” they created fractal.

As new content gets added it will become impossible to find groups of 5 for older content.

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

I really see no issue with this; it’s not like this would be the first thing in GW2 that is soloable. Personal Story is 99% single, with the option to play alone or with friends, and with the exception of Zhaitan. There are people who play the game just for that. And some of you think that making the 5 existing dungeons have a solo option will be something that breaks the feeling of it being multiplayer? The people who want to play solo already do, so why not allow people who may want to do a dungeon solo do it?

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sierra.6352

Sierra.6352

For everyone who are saying “GW2 is an MMO, if you want to solo then this isn’t the game for you”, stop being a bigot. The ArenaNet team stated from the start that you don’t have to be social in GW2, and they made that evident with DE’s. Some people just like playing games by themselves and no one should tell them they shouldn’t play GW2 because of that.

Personally, I would really enjoy it if Dungeons could be solo’d. Diminish the rewards significantly, that’s fine with me. If it takes me a year to get a full set of Armour then so be it, but for me that’s something that would extend the life of the game.

Is the upcoming dungeon, Fractals of the Mists, bottomless? Assuming it is, or that there will be a bottomless dungeon, I would love to be able to solo that, and then if I have a couple of friends that want to jump in they can and the dungeon will scale.

Basicly, you can get the best gear in the game, without having to party up with anyone, one single time. As you can get and/or purchase the materials to create the armor with top-notch stats, already.

It takes body and soul, to reach your goal!

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sierra.6352

Sierra.6352

Please keep in mind, that Anet (at least for what I’ve understood about it) made GW2 as social as possible. A community based game. Hence why there is only one faction and that the PvP, especially WvW, is server versus server. Contra World of Warcraft for example, which is very much focused on YOU and YOU alone. In World of Warcraft, nobody else matters, except for you. Personally, I love the idea that it’s no longer all about me, but about the server I play on and the world (as in WvW), that I serve. It gives me some kind of purpose, at least while playing the game. :p

It takes body and soul, to reach your goal!

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: smezmer.1206

smezmer.1206

I wouldn’t mind a solo dungeons here and there, aion has a few and sometimes those where more fun that group dungeons. Maybe as a comprimise they could impliment a revamped henchmen feature. The dungeon would still need a group to actually complete but players have the choice of going into group mode or solo mode. Players in group mode enter with an already formed group of their own. Players chosing solo mode pay gold to hire a group of henchmen. They could scale down the rewards according to how many human players are acually in the group and they could put in a 12-24 hour lock out counter for doing the dungeon with henchmen.

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: EdGe.6510

EdGe.6510

This sounds like a great idea to me, as I have 2 irl friends in game, and those are the only people I like to play with. So if we ever want to run a dungeon, we have to invite 2 other strangers,and that’s not fun to us…We just wanna play with our irl friends. Or perhaps, they could tune the dungeons down if you go in with a smaller group,etc.

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tumbero.3945

Tumbero.3945

A solo dungeon is good idea , cause you will not have any kind of help and you will need to survive for real. Skillfull solo is nice also.

Is good option when new players or player with a small guild dont want to go with randoms that use mf set or QQ a lot always.

As i say solo dungeons are nice.

SBI Firstborn.
(LX) Legion

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Fox Mulder.6907

No one has come up with a good reason yet…. A-net made it this way so live with it. Now we need them to pay attention!

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Saxon.1908

Saxon.1908

There already IS dungeon Solo Play, it’s called PVE. You could even say your story mode is a Solo Dungeon.

The 5 man Dungeon mechanic exists to encourage teams, friends and guilds- To give a reason for it to be an MMO. If you just want to Solo Everything I would question you’re choice in game.

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

" If you just want to Solo Everything I would question you’re choice in game."

I’m really getting bored with this tired argument. Just try getting a group of five together for story mode dungeons without sitting around for three hours, dealing with prima donnas who want to speedrun everything and elitists who demand to view your armour spec once you’re inside a dungeon (and then promptly bail at the first opportunity they get)and then come back here and use that tedious argument again.

I want to be able to enjoy these dungeons, not put up with a bunch of whinos who want to speedrun everything for the “phat loot”.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Disagree.

It’s an MMO. Development time shouldn’t be diverted away from adding and improving group and existing content.

Focusing on single player content means that the group and existing content would suffer.

If anything, they need to make certain parts of open PvE:

• More attractive to get players to revisit areas
  • Harder to require group participation and co-ordination.

I wouldn’t be against making Story Mode soloable, or at least doable with less players.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Solo Dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: bumi.2961

bumi.2961

ok guys i dont know if someone wrote that already cause TL;DR – i think there wont be any exp paths possible solo atm (not sure though / maybe some bosses are solable but often not the whole path cause of specific mechanics / being downed after some mistakes and not being rescued by your mate…meh idk its just an important mechanic of the game)..i did the second path of caudecus duo ( with that necro named turmaine at the end)and it took us like 20-25min longer than a normal team but i dont know about the other dungeons since we havent tried -yet-……its not like all paths in one specific dungeon are possible duo but there should be a couple…

(edited by bumi.2961)