Stop adding TEMPORARY content

in Suggestions

Posted by: Roman Legionary.6715

Roman Legionary.6715

This game was built for the casual player and it was claimed by Anet that players could walk away without being punished. TEMPORARY CONTENT means if a player is not on when it happens, they are being punished for not playing. Also, adding content that is temorary takes away from BUG FIXES/ adding content of quality THAT CAN BE ENJOYED. Add a new dungeon only to take it away in 12 days. Good job wasting employee’s time and the company’s money. Make the dungeon stay around forever or on a special event timer like the underworld was in gw1 (need the favor of the gods). Why take one step forward and two steps back? LEARN FROM GW1. Is this really a difficult concept to grasp? And adding said content to a RNG for fractals is NOT a special event timer.

An alternative worth mentioning (Today’s temporary content revisted tomorrow) is here :
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Repeating-content-Replaying-living-stories/first#post2017219

(edited by Roman Legionary.6715)

in Suggestions

Roman Legionary.6715

pun·ish
[puhn-ish]

verb (used with object)
1. to subject to pain, loss, confinement, death, etc., as a penalty for some offense, transgression, or fault

Not being able to log in (fault) for the temporary content, ends up as a penalty of losing the right to enjoy that content and a penalty of not getting achievement points.

cas·u·al
[kazh-oo-uhl] Show IPA

adjective
1. happening by chance; fortuitous: a casual meeting.
2. without definite or serious intention; careless or offhand; passing: a casual remark.
3. seeming or tending to be indifferent to what is happening; apathetic; unconcerned: a casual, nonchalant air.
4. appropriate for wear or use on informal occasions; not dressy: casual clothes; casual wear.
5. irregular; occasional

Gw2 was built for the casual player and yet they (casuals) are being punished for being casual. How is it wrong to want Anet to keep their original audience not pushed to the side? There are hardcore players and that’s fine but we all paid money to play this game, a lot of us because we knew it was for casual players. An evolving world is an excellent idea BUT there should be a way for those of us who missed the content to catch up ( if only so there is no confusion for new players). Either on a yearly basis or just having a time traveling device is fine.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aidan.4602

Aidan.4602

I agree with you. It’s interesting when content proceeds in phases, as it was called the “living” story. But in my opinion, it would be much better if they continue to add more content, but permament, or as you said, it could be accessible for example at specific days, etc.

Aidan Vilesight, a Charr engineer – Desolation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

I don’t see temporary content as A-net “punishing” us for not being on. No more than the universe is punishing me for not being in that one spot where a bag of money fell off a truck. It’s more like rewarding those who are in the right spot for being in the right spot. If you had something better to do or had a “righter” spot to be in at the time, then you got the reward for that. Though, I would like if they put the old temp content into a fractal so all their hard work isn’t unnecessarily wasted after it’s no longer relevant to the living story.

in Suggestions

Posted by: heyoldguy.2578

heyoldguy.2578

As a casual player, not only do I agree with the above message (with the exception of the derogatory portion), I believe that the leveling system does something that’s not very beneficial in terms of game satisfaction. All the level adjustments make leveling pretty much irrelevant. Sure you get more skills and better gear at higher levels, but if you fail to switch to gear that’s within a level or two of your character’s level, you can actually be worse off in combat in low level areas than those with the first armor their character puts on. Somehow, getting thrashed with gear that’s over L30, but 8 or so levels below your character’s level while beginners in simple starter gear do not, does not seem correct.

This relates to the point about temporary content in that it takes a casual player forever to level appropriately due to the amount of time it takes to accumulate the cash for the constant gear changes.

Yes, I know, it’s possible to level in a couple days if you have piles of crafting materials and craft like crazy, but that still takes time (or lots of real money) to get the materials. Besides, if you level too quickly without combat, you simply wind up with a high level character you do not know how to play.

Guild Wars 1 always seemed to try to strike a balance between the casual players’ abilities and the gung ho players who live in the game. Guild Wars 2 seems far more suited to the gung ho players than the casual ones. The effort to eliminate the level grind has resulted in a grind for gear and cash instead. Add that to the temporary content, and you get a game that is more and more unappealing to those of us that would rather spend time in real life occasionally.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sedoks.3576

Sedoks.3576

I don’t see temporary content as A-net “punishing” us for not being on. No more than the universe is punishing me for not being in that one spot where a bag of money fell off a truck. It’s more like rewarding those who are in the right spot for being in the right spot. If you had something better to do or had a “righter” spot to be in at the time, then you got the reward for that. Though, I would like if they put the old temp content into a fractal so all their hard work isn’t unnecessarily wasted after it’s no longer relevant to the living story.

I totally agree with you

in Suggestions

Roman Legionary.6715

I totally agree with you

The Living Story should be like your Personal Story, completed when YOU have the time or deem it necessary, NOT when the GAME tells you to.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Temporary content is the CORE design of GW2. Just sayen.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Suggestions

Roman Legionary.6715

Are you ’Super Saiyen?

in Suggestions

Dustfinger.9510

The Living Story should be like your Personal Story, completed when YOU have the time or deem it necessary, NOT when the GAME tells you to.

I disagree because it wouldn’t be a “living” story in the sense that the word “living” is used here. But putting them in fractals would achieve this while still allowing others who are consistently on to utilize that same game space of living stories in another part of the current living story.

in Suggestions

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

The entire reason for them having the Living story is they wanted to create a living world. To do this they need to have some temporary content. As well as some content that is around once a year.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in Suggestions

Dustfinger.9510

The entire reason for them having the Living story is they wanted to create a living world. To do this they need to have some temporary content. As well as some content that is around once a year.

If only I could wait to see what someone else had for that weeks lottery number before I could buy my ticket and also win :P

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

They’re just achievements that do nothing for you. If you care about those points then do you do the pvp daily and monthly too?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Are you ’Super Saiyen?

Super sayen 5 bro, and I don’t even lift. :P

I actually have a lot to say on this subject, but I started my own thread a few hours ago I think on the topic.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Repeating-content-Replaying-living-stories/first#post2017219

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Suggestions

Roman Legionary.6715

They’re just achievements that do nothing for you. If you care about those points then do you do the pvp daily and monthly too?

And IF it was just about the points to me, what makes you think I DON’T do the the above?

in Suggestions

Roman Legionary.6715

If only I could wait to see what someone else had for that weeks lottery number before I could buy my ticket and also win :P

Yes, because a game made for the entertainment and enjoyment of others ( and set in a virtual world) is the same thing winning the lottery in reality. I completely see where you’re coming from….

in Suggestions

Posted by: Run Away PLZ.7639

Run Away PLZ.7639

Living story is pretty much a month long short episode it being temporary isn’t even that big.of a problem I’d say more than anything the problem with the last one was that it had a bit every few weeks but really you could complete it all easily with a little focused effort in 2 days.

Living story is there to provide a change of pace to the game and new stuff to do and if you have read the next one though they say it will provide some change to southsun cove which is nice and what they should’ve done living story should be a temporary story to introduce a piece of new content and right now it seems they are going in the right direction I mean seriously what do you mean stop putting out temporary so far flame and frost is first unless you count karma which opened a new map unless you are wanting to complain that it isn’t always Christmas, Halloween, Easter, and thanksgiving all the time just wait for a few more living story.

in Suggestions

Dustfinger.9510

Yes, because a game made for the entertainment and enjoyment of others ( and set in a virtual world) is the same thing winning the lottery in reality. I completely see where you’re coming from….

You really don’t see the relationship between A-nets idea of a living story and the passage of RL time?

in Suggestions

Roman Legionary.6715

Are you ’Super Saiyen?

Super sayen 5 bro, and I don’t even lift. :P

I actually have a lot to say on this subject, but I started my own thread a few hours ago I think on the topic.

Lol. And great post, this could actually resolve the issue. Whether or not they will implement it… well that’s a whole other story.

in Suggestions

Roman Legionary.6715

You really don’t see the relationship between A-nets idea of a living story and the passage of RL time?

I do, but your speculation is so far fetched it’s laughable. Guild Wars 2 is a looks left, looks right and whisphers … “game” shhhhh don’t tell anyone!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Run Away PLZ.7639

Run Away PLZ.7639

It’s very sad to see the molten facility dungeon go and I would like to see it either return or used as inspiration in them opening up new dungeons.

in Suggestions

Dustfinger.9510

I do, but your speculation is so far fetched it’s laughable. Guild Wars 2 is a looks left, looks right and whisphers … “game” shhhhh don’t tell anyone!

Speculation about what? It was a comment about how the living story is made to replicate time flow.

in Suggestions

Roman Legionary.6715

Living story is pretty much a month long short episode it being temporary isn’t even that big.of a problem I’d say more than anything the problem with the last one was that it had a bit every few weeks but really you could complete it all easily with a little focused effort in 2 days.

Living story is there to provide a change of pace to the game and new stuff to do and if you have read the next one though they say it will provide some change to southsun cove which is nice and what they should’ve done living story should be a temporary story to introduce a piece of new content and right now it seems they are going in the right direction I mean seriously what do you mean stop putting out temporary so far flame and frost is first unless you count karma which opened a new map unless you are wanting to complain that it isn’t always Christmas, Halloween, Easter, and thanksgiving all the time just wait for a few more living story.

I get to play wednesday night (3 hrs), friday nights (wvw reset) and sunday IF I’m lucky. I not only am a full time college student working 20 hours a week but I am also in a military school, which if you did not know is regimented and takes A LOT of your “free” time up. I’m asking for it to not to BE TEMPORARY, so I and others DO NOT MISS OUT on the change of events just like you stated. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Repeating-content-Replaying-living-stories/first#post2017219 would be a good fix. Not all of us can be on 24 hours a day/ live off of unemployment for two years.
“It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

in Suggestions

Roman Legionary.6715

Speculation about what? It was a comment about how the living story is made to replicate time flow.

And that is where their theory is flawed. And speculation that there is a correlation between being a real life millionaire due to time manipulation to just another nerd playing a GAME designed for casual players.

in Suggestions

Dustfinger.9510

And that is where their theory is flawed. And speculation that there is a correlation between being a real life millionaire due to time manipulation to just another nerd playing a GAME designed for casual players.

That’s … not a speculation about being a millionaire and playing a game. if you don’t like the purposefully ridiculous scenario of using that break in time flow to become a millionaire, feel free to respond to my or Anzenketh’s scenario-free post above it that only deals with the replication of time flow and the temporary content being necessary to achieve it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

per Colin Johanson:

We’re trying something very unique and different with Gw2, and a lot of it plays back on the original ideas and concepts we had for the game all these years we’re trying to build towards and accomplish. It’s important to us to continue to try new things, looking at ways of evolving and innovating what a live game can be. In many cases, we’re learning right along with you guys how all of this is going to work for a live game, and constantly adjusting as we see the outcomes and find ways to innovate on what a true online world experience can be.

Living World is above all, the attempt to really give the sense the world is constantly changing and evolving. That there is events and content that change the world in the short term (like our current events) and events that can occur or change for the long term, which is what we’re slowly building towards in the future with Living World content.

Living world absolutely does not mean nothing but content that comes in and leaves again a few weeks later, and though so far that’s primarily what you’ve seen, it’s not all we will do in the future. The intent is living world provides us with a story and narrative experience, sort of like your favorite TV show, to constantly update and change the world and provide unique and exciting rewards on a regular basis.

We might have events that occur and came back again with a few modifications in the future. We may have events that occur and then find new homes permanently down the road. We may have bosses from a storyline that continue on forever as guild bounty hunts when a story completes. Living world also allows us the opportunity to upgrade and make parts of our existing game better permanently, a living world narrative could allow us to rebuild and change an existing zone or dungeon, or could destroy one entirely.

Our goal is to get to a point where on a regular basis, the world around you is not only changing in the short term through our normal event system, it’s changing and evolving permanently through our living world releases as well. What you’ve seen so far is primarily some tests and warmup stuff while we in the background organize the company to support this exciting future for our game, the future for living world is filled with endless possibilities.

Enjoy the ride!

May 2nd, 16:49

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Official-explanation-for-temporary-content/first

Additional note: to give feedback go to support – ask a question – then select feedback.

that’s what I do, especially when I am bucking the system like in your case

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

in Suggestions

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

I really don’t like the current policy of temporary content, but we may be stuck with it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

I get to play wednesday night (3 hrs), friday nights (wvw reset) and sunday IF I’m lucky. I not only am a full time college student working 20 hours a week but I am also in a military school, which if you did not know is regimented and takes A LOT of your “free” time up. I’m asking for it to not to BE TEMPORARY, so I and others DO NOT MISS OUT on the change of events just like you stated. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Repeating-content-Replaying-living-stories/first#post2017219 would be a good fix. Not all of us can be on 24 hours a day/ live off of unemployment for two years.
“It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

So let me get this straight. You, playing an mmo, don’t have time for temporary content and believe it should revolve around your conveinience so that people who DO have 24/7 (lets be honest, no one really plays any game 24/7 unless its like the first week of release… people do sleep/have to sleep) will grind out a dungeon and get sick of it. But its fine as long as you only got to do it once…

Fyi, the dungeon was out for more than 1 week. You had time to do it, and so did just about everyone else who thought it’d be interesting. Would you of rather had it like the lost shores event and happen live, once, on a overflow that made lag a star for the night? They put it in an instanced area, with a reasonable time frame to complete. The fact that you got no freetime (rl should be more important the temp content that rewarded nothing but a skin. Even so, I enjoyed it a lot) is meaningless. All you really missed out on was an experience. If you did the dungeon, be glad you arn’t being pushed to grind it out like the rest of them are. Temporary content keeps games fresh, and makes them feel more vibrant than adding some dull quest line you repeat over and over to the point where people are only skipping half the dungeon to get the chest at the end.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

(edited by NinjaEd.3946)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Failure to participate in temporary content is not a punishment. It is simply what happens when you are a very casual player. Getting to participate in temporary content is a reward for those that partake.

My suggestion is, get over yourself. Stop being so entitled. If you can’t participate then you can’t, but it’s not the end of the world. You didn’t miss much. If it is the end of the world, and it is so important to you, than you need to readjust your priorities, either by realizing it’s not that important, or by making sure you don’t miss it by pushing out the things that are holding you back.

Honestly, though, you had two weeks, plus, to do the dungeon, and you only needed to do it once. You then also had two months before that to do all the rest of the content. If you missed it that’s you’re own fault, and no one elses.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

Failure to participate in temporary content is not a punishment. It is simply what happens when you are a very casual player. Getting to participate in temporary content is a reward for those that partake.

My suggestion is, get over yourself. Stop being so entitled. If you can’t participate then you can’t, but it’s not the end of the world. You didn’t miss much. If it is the end of the world, and it is so important to you, than you need to readjust your priorities, either by realizing it’s not that important, or by making sure you don’t miss it by pushing out the things that are holding you back.

Honestly, though, you had two weeks, plus, to do the dungeon, and you only needed to do it once. You then also had two months before that to do all the rest of the content. If you missed it that’s you’re own fault, and no one elses.

here here.

My only issue is I was only able to get in PUGs when I was able to play. Neither got past the MF end bosses so I did all the other work but the last 2 dungeons. A bit disappointed I could get the title but I not going to make a huge deal about it.

As it is this game is going to continue to have temporary content some of which will remain while others go away. The only constant will be change. So like you said to the OP. Adjust and adapt, but I will go a step further and say: Adjust, adapt or go away.

Like Colin said in the quote I posted above they will change entire zones. Which, how many or when is yet to be seen.

This game is getting more and more interesting every month

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

in Suggestions

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

I view it as wasted dev time (there’s tonnes of bugs still to be addressed) but I understand that some people enjoy it.

What I want most from the “living story”? An option to clear the frigging top right notification, so I have less UI clutter.

in Suggestions

Roman Legionary.6715

Lol learn what entitlement is first, then get back to me. Secondly, I ran the dungeon four times (never got credit, even when turning the notes). Just because I participated in it doesn’t mean I don’t want to participate in it in the future. That head of yours is more than a hat rack, I suggest you start treating it as so.

in Suggestions

NinjaEd.3946

Op, you seem to have this mentality that Anet isn’t focusing their energy on you because you play what, twice a week? (from your earlier post) If you play twice a week, consistently or a day off here, 1 less day there, you don’t really have the time to play this game fully. So with that in mind, it seems like you don’t have a lot done aside from maybe 1 or 2 geared 80’s. Believe it or not, there is a lot of content out there, temporary content is just a nice flavor to the players who still are active. If you miss out on temporary content, so what? Nothing in this living story changed people’s stats drastically, it dind’t reward an exclusive precursor like lost shores did (thank lyssa) it was an experience and a very good one I might add. It was a well designed dungeon, and made a lot of people happy.

Now if you want to look into the future of this dungeon, ask yourself, how long before you get sick of it had it stayed around? It wasn’t designed to drop any tokens, it doesn’t have anything to offer for grinding aside from the cool bosses that will turn dull and lackluster very quickly once grinded. As fun as the dungeon may of been, I think its great its going away. The dungeon will remain awesome in my mind if I know I didn’t run it a dozen times, or 2 dozen times. Not to mention, the next bit of the living story is upcoming so maybe we’ll see another cool dungeon or open pve encounter. Either way, it’ll be new, and inviting. Want permanent content? Do guild missions and work on some hard to obtain weapon (not talking just legendaries). Make your guy look cool. If that bores you well find another game or take a break.

in Suggestions

Roman Legionary.6715

. . . it was an experience and a very good one I might add. It was a well designed dungeon, and made a lot of people happy.

enough said. . . sooooooo how do you not see my point? Like I said earlier, it doesn’t have to be around ALL THE TIME. Seasonal, or random points like hey, going to release it again for two weeks would be fine. But to never see it again . . .

in Suggestions

Posted by: Torca.5162

Torca.5162

Living story came and went – was fun doing the dungeon except when they made us grind it in the hopes to get a mini or jet pack (such temporary RNG items I hate). One thing that is making a really big show now is the temporary items availible in the gem store and I hate that even more – why remove the molten pick?? maybe bring another version of it back to the gem store? and why have minis on a 7 day only? Does Anet NEED money NOW – i am not going to bother with temporary gem store items cause it seems that this is going to be a trend. I also see that the gold to gem exchange is becoming quite insane making me believe that there are more ppl buying gems with gold rather than players buying gems with cash (that is my understanding as to how the gem/gold exchange work – the more gems → the cheaper it is to buy gems with gold and vica versa) Just saying my bit that I hate temporary items – I might not want it now but maybe down the line I would have liked to have it but now I cnt – so my way of fighting temporary items is by not purchasing them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

I kinda have to agree though. Anet has added a lot of great content since launch but a lot of it has been temp. Mad king clocktower, wintersday jp, mad king and tixx mini dungeons, MF and SAB. MF and SAB should have been permanent. Maybe in the future, hopefully soon. MF should have been given explore paths and dungeon armor. When SAB returns with world 2 it should be permanent. The living story is great but it will not suffice for all of the necessary content in GW2. We need more permanent content. A study background which is permanent additions to the game, while the temp content(living story) provides an evolving type of atmosphere.

in Suggestions

Dustfinger.9510

It may already be a win for both sides since Krosslite already posted a quote by A-net basically saying that as they create temp content they are also simultaneously creating potentially permanent content.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sedoks.3576

Sedoks.3576

Temporary content should be in the game, but they should also make more permanent content. Oh and add the temporary living story dungeons in Fractals.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

There was another brilliant suggestion: Travel back in time server destined just for the past events. It’s unfair of Arena Net to leave players with half achievements or missing content for newcomers.

in Suggestions

NinjaEd.3946

There was another brilliant suggestion: Travel back in time server destined just for the past events. It’s unfair of Arena Net to leave players with half achievements or missing content for newcomers.

Acheivment points don’t reward anything but bragging rights. Something people who play all the time prolly earned while those who just joined have to pick up on. Its a reward to keep on playing gw2, even if you get a little bored once in awhile.

in Suggestions

Posted by: LyricDawnhagen.7803

LyricDawnhagen.7803

The problem, as I see it, is that people keep calling this new content “temporary”. It is NOT temporary content. It is evolving content. It is a story that is being told by ArenaNet and played by the current players of Guild Wars 2. This sort of story telling is what makes the game feel more alive (evolving).

I have to say that I love this style of story telling. This means we have something new and interesting to play instead of the same old static never changing zones and quests that most all other MMOs have. You follow the story, play your part and then when the story is finished, you go on to the next chapter. This is the type of “end game content” that I have been waiting see in an MMO since I started playing EQ back in 2003.

The way I see it, it also give ArenaNet a chance to try new and interesting game and mob mechanics in a way that does not lock them in the game forever. That way, if something they try does not quite work out well in actual game play, it will be gone and the Devs learn even more about making fun playable content. Then they can take what works and what the player enjoyed and use that in future releases. I have no doubt that we will be seeing more of the mechanics we got in the Molten Facility in future fractals and story dungeons.

So don’t call these “Living Stories” temporary content. It is a story to be enjoyed. It is possible that ArenaNet might need to make some adjustments to the length of time some of the chapters stay in the game, but from what I have seen the available time is more than long enough for everyone to participate.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Lol learn what entitlement is first, then get back to me. Secondly, I ran the dungeon four times (never got credit, even when turning the notes). Just because I participated in it doesn’t mean I don’t want to participate in it in the future. That head of yours is more than a hat rack, I suggest you start treating it as so.

en·ti·tle·ment
/en?t?tlm?nt/

Noun
1.The fact of having a right to something.
2.The amount to which a person has a right.

But what I said was entitled:

entitled past participle, past tense of en·ti·tle (Verb)

Verb
1.Give (someone) a legal right or a just claim to receive or do something.
2.Give (something, esp. a text or work of art) a particular title.

In context, you seem to believe that because you bought the game that regardless of how much you play you automatically owed all content regardless of any restrictions impossed on it. You think you have a just claim to this and therefore it needs to be available to you, no matter what. You are mistaken.

I’ll accept you having entitlement to it. You have the right to play it while it is in existance and that is the extent of your entitlement to it. But you are not entitled to play it whenever you please if it has gone beyond its intended duration just because you happened to miss it in that time.

You do realize that you had to go back to the Black Citidel and Hoelbrak to talk to the main characters one last time, right? Until that happened you hadn’t finished the quest line. You got a mail about it after finishing the dungeon. If you didn’t actually complete the dungeon for four runs then that’s unfortunate, but really too bad.

Unfortunately, I’m really not sure why I’m even bothering to participate in this thread. You’re incapable of being reasonable, or even caring to. You won’t change your view or even accept that there could be other views and you’re intentionally abusive of anyone who disagrees with you. You’re little more than a troll, really.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Posted by: brainlessant.3641

brainlessant.3641

I just started 2 days ago, and I didnt know that F&F was a temporarily event.
I was just starting out, and didnt know what was going on.
So i played by my own pace, ignoring F&F event thinking that “Meh, I’ll do that when i get the hang of GW2”

I didnt care that F&F ended as i didnt know anything about it.

However, upon reading the content in F&F from the wiki. I got to say that I’m quite disappointed that I did not get to experience the F&F.

All i had from F&F was the achievement from the bonfire…Lol

Maybe Anet could allow newcomers like me or future players to experience F&F in a different enviroment…Maybe in a server where the world is stuck in a timeloop with F&F event.

in Suggestions

Roman Legionary.6715

en·ti·tle·ment
/en?t?tlm?nt/

Noun
1.The fact of having a right to something.
2.The amount to which a person has a right.

But what I said was entitled:

entitled past participle, past tense of en·ti·tle (Verb)

Verb
1.Give (someone) a legal right or a just claim to receive or do something.
2.Give (something, esp. a text or work of art) a particular title.

In context, you seem to believe that because you bought the game that regardless of how much you play you automatically owed all content regardless of any restrictions impossed on it. You think you have a just claim to this and therefore it needs to be available to you, no matter what. You are mistaken.

I’ll accept you having entitlement to it. You have the right to play it while it is in existance and that is the extent of your entitlement to it. But you are not entitled to play it whenever you please if it has gone beyond its intended duration just because you happened to miss it in that time.

Unfortunately, I’m really not sure why I’m even bothering to participate in this thread. .

pun·ish
[puhn-ish]

verb (used with object)
1. to subject to pain, loss, confinement, death, etc., as a penalty for some offense, transgression, or fault

Not being able to log in (fault) for the temporary content, ends up as a penalty of losing the right to enjoy that content and a penalty of not getting achievement points.

cas·u·al
[kazh-oo-uhl] Show IPA

adjective
1. happening by chance; fortuitous: a casual meeting.
2. without definite or serious intention; careless or offhand; passing: a casual remark.
3. seeming or tending to be indifferent to what is happening; apathetic; unconcerned: a casual, nonchalant air.
4. appropriate for wear or use on informal occasions; not dressy: casual clothes; casual wear.
5. irregular; occasional

Gw2 was built for the casual player and yet they (casuals) are being punished for being casual. How is it wrong to want Anet to keep their original audience not pushed to the side? There are hardcore players and that’s fine but we all paid money to play this game, a lot of us because we knew it was for casual players. The fact you think that it’s okay for a company to break a promise almost a year into the game is absurd and laughable. An evolving world is an excellent idea BUT there should be a way for those of us who missed the content to catch up ( if not only so there is no confusion for new players).Though you had a good point and proved you’re head is more than a hat rack, you’re wrong. By the way, a just claim is reasonable, which just proved you do not know what the definition was (as you used it out of context). You, my friend had the lay-man’s defintion, this is not Occupy Wall Street, I do not want to be given free things, only promises held.
P.S. If you post a non-aggressive, well thought-out criticism, you will receive a respectful, remark. If you post something that is aggressive with claims of no merit, you will be treated as such. “Unfortunately, I’m really not sure why I’m even bothering to participate in this thread.” We both know you are only posting to be a troll.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Freedan.1769

Freedan.1769

Personally after reading what others have said, I feel it boils down to this: temporary content is ok if the rewards are obtainable already in game. Also, if I know it comes around again one a year, I am ok with that too like Mad King for instance. What I am less ok with is items that can never be recovered again. Take Mystic Forge Conduit, or the Sentinels insignia from Living Story. Once gone, you don’t get it back again. When the supply runs out only the lucky saps who got it now get to enjoy that forge combination anywhere in the game, or that armor with unique stats that can’t be duplicated. That’s why I think temporary content should only include cosmetics, like the transmutable skins, not items that offer real tangible benefits. Or else the content must have a ‘come back’ effect once a year. I don’t mind unique costume masks that look cool; people are entitled to be unique, not advantaged.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

+1+1+1+1+1

Im fine with the story based content (like cutscenes, solo instances etc etc) being temporary.
IM NOT FINE WITH SOME OF THE BEST CONTENT WE HAVE HAD BEING TEMPORARY. Molten facility in particular.
Im fine with some of said content being temporary due to holidays/seasonal and coming back on a yearly schedule bigger and better than before.
IM NOT FINE WITH SOME OF THE REWARDS (IE MYSTIC CONDUIT) BEING UNOBTAINABLE TO ME NOW BECAUSE I MISSED ONE EVENT.

Anyways, i need to stop raging on this.

I think the living story idea could work very well if the balance between what should be temporary and what should be permanent is achieved.
Although its a fine line, and if anet doesnt know this they are very naive. You see, this living story stuff is pretty kitten good for short term goals, however its not good for the game in the long road, because of its very nature it only really satisfies players who play EVERY day (they get to see this amazing changing world) – For newer players and casual ones, all this does is put a sour taste in their mouths because they feel like they have missed out. Unless it brings about decent quality content that can be enjoyed in the longer term, i cannot see gw2 populations rising exponentially but rather stagnating until steadily declining as more and more casuals get angry.

(edited by Parlourbeatflex.5970)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mentalhead.5721

Mentalhead.5721

To be honest, I really enjoyed Flame and Frost temporary events (content). It brought a lot of new and fresh events to these zones, and I’m kinda sad it’s gone. We want some permanent content / events. After F&F is gone, Wayfarer Foothills and Diessa Plateau will probably become half-desolated once again.

in Suggestions

Posted by: miniL.7361

miniL.7361

Agreed with the title, it might be fun, but temporary will kill GW2. So much temporary stuff and when its gone, you are left with nothing again, because about 50% of the players agree that the endgame is way to small.

Guild missions are a great addition, fractals helped, but they are already old and need additions and replacement. You can ofcourse add temporary stuff, but at the same time this is obviously a means to try bind player by making them play the content at that time because it will dissapear soon.

Casuals who dont spend as much time are kittened here and hardcore will get it done easy and then are bored again by lack of new content. A lot more challenging new content is needed, and in addition you might wanna add some temporary stuff, not temp on temp on temp (halloween, wintersday, sab, living story) and barely any permanent ones.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Darynael.5729

Darynael.5729

I totally agree with you

This was a great suggestion. Give us the chance to experience the story; The FULL story. Don’t leave us out because we, for whatever reason, did not have the chance to play during that specific time. ^^

in Suggestions

NinjaEd.3946

Maybe one time, just to experience it. But it shoudln’t stick around for people to grind, because then it’ll become just like any other dungeon.. dull. F&F wasn’t made to turn into some exp dungeon that eveyone runs for rewards, it was made as a finale to a live story (hence you can only play story mode in it. Not to mention the rewards weren’t all that great during.). It would be nice to see some exp mode added in the future sort of along the lines of Cof where they are trying to re rally the troops but that isn’t something that takes a month to do.

It seems Anet overwhelmed themselves with this game, because they have multiple crowds they have to please and if they ignore any of the 3 (pve, wvw, spvp) people will likely move on. Temporary content makes those people think twice, because they may miss out on getting something they really wanted. It’s the same as any sale, if you miss out thats too bad. You should of been there. The difference being in gw2 the only rewards were skin based and not stat based. Sure you may never (or not for a long time) see it again but its not like those who did play it got superior stats to you or some exclusive game changing item. The story isn’t over yet, and hopefully you’re playing the new content and not ranting on about how they need to bring F&F back. Wouldn’t wana miss more now would we?