Stop nerfing classes

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rhaj.5261

Rhaj.5261

Anet don’t you understand balance? Stop nerfing classes, but start BUFFING all other classes to match the OP ones. Add more builds for all classes. At the moment each class only has 2-3 viable builds. If you keep nerfing classes pvp will die (pvp already has a little bit because of this) So please think about what you are doing stop listening to people crying for nerfs. When the answer is to buff all classes, be different than other MMO’s don’t follow the nerf train.

(edited by Rhaj.5261)

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Skamlic.8041

Skamlic.8041

You are viewing balancing only from PvP point of view. If they buff all of them together, they would have to buff PvE difficultly too. 90% of balance they did so far, they nerfed something and buffed another thing in one proffesion.

Most people use similar build, because it is “the best”. By nerfing & buffing together they can make more viable builds to play with.

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Rhaj.5261

If they separated PvE and PvP completely, balancing would be a whole lot better. They would be able to focus on one side at a time without worrying about messing up the other side.

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

If they separated PvE and PvP completely, balancing would be a whole lot better. They would be able to focus on one side at a time without worrying about messing up the other side.

Because we all know they did a bang up job with that in GW 1.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Smiter%27s_Boon

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

20 more energy and 80 more seconds

…………………………………………………………………………………..

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kithzyan.5034

Kithzyan.5034

They may not have done a good job of it, but splitting sPvP and Pve/WvW stats is the -only- way to eventually achieve proper balance between the classes. WoW has been trying for 8 years now to balance PvP and PvE at the same time in the same manner and they have not, and will not, ever get it right for everyone.

A good example for GW2 would be the Warrior. From things i’ve read in sPvP warriors are considered trash, yet in PvE they are very (very) powerful. To nerf them in PvE would obliterate them in sPvP and to buff them in sPvP would turn them into gods in PvE. The only solution is to split the data between the two game sections and balance independently.

That sPvP is literally a seperate section of the game with effectively seperate characters as well makes this not only possible but seemingly even intended, yet has not been taking advantage of yet.

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

What is getting nerf now?

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deano.7913

Deano.7913

This is my first MMO, is this “nerfing” something that happens constantly in all MMOs?

It makes me nervous that the class I invested time in is going to be something it wasn’t when I put all my time into building it up. I see things about nerfing in this game so much it makes me uneasy. ANet please don’t make the classes I play not fun, as in I don’t really feel like beating on monsters with a wet noodle (challenging: yes, fun: no).

If they did anything I wish they would give two pickable weapon skills per slot per weapon so combat would be less predictable.

[WP] Wisenheimer Prime | Guild Leader
Polyhistor Serpente – lvl 80 Elementalist | Crystal Desert
http://www.twitch.tv/polyhistorsl

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

You are viewing balancing only from PvP point of view. If they buff all of them together, they would have to buff PvE difficultly too. 90% of balance they did so far, they nerfed something and buffed another thing in one proffesion.

Most people use similar build, because it is “the best”. By nerfing & buffing together they can make more viable builds to play with.

the classes that are terrible at PVE are the same ones that are terrible at PVP.

the exception is the thief, who is the god of PVP but only mediocre at PVE (they still have the potential to beat the “screwed 3”.

the tiers seem to go:

1. thief, ele, mesmer
2. warrior, guardian
4. ranger, engi, necro

the gap between the first tier and the 3rd tier is mind bogglingly vast.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Zenith.6403

It makes me nervous that the class I invested time in is going to be something it wasn’t when I put all my time into building it up. I see things about nerfing in this game so much it makes me uneasy. ANet please don’t make the classes I play not fun, as in I don’t really feel like beating on monsters with a wet noodle (challenging: yes, fun: no).

- Anet had the reputation of destroying skills and builds in the first Guild Wars as they became dominant in competitive PvP. It’s a long way to go from here. First I think they want to make sure every skill and trait is working as intended.

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

As you can see from my signature, the one thing that would solve this problem instantly thru player testing is the one thing they don’t wish to do for whatever reason. It’s pretty simple to me that the testing they use is not working especially for PVE because we’re still seeing completely different figures between condi damage amounts between classes and problems with condi damage have not been corrected since they nerf condi builds across the board prior to making a more concerted effort of separating the behaviors of skills between Spvp and pve.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Budchgon.2108

Budchgon.2108

I do that Ranger, Engi and especially Necro definitely need a boost! Necro sadly seems to be the Red haired step-child of the caster classes :-(

Lyssia Iceblood of Gandara – I sometimes win… but not often :-(

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Zenith.6403

As you can see from my signature,

- You think someone cares to figure out your own abbreviations and jargon in you miniscule signature?

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: forrae.6708

forrae.6708

- You think someone cares to figure out your own abbreviations and jargon in you miniscule signature?

they mean a public test server. which i agree, this game does need one.

thugged out since cubscouts

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: infrequentia.3465

infrequentia.3465

the classes that are terrible at PVE are the same ones that are terrible at PVP.

the exception is the thief, who is the god of PVP but only mediocre at PVE (they still have the potential to beat the “screwed 3”.

the tiers seem to go:

1. thief, ele, mesmer
2. warrior, guardian
4. ranger, engi, necro

oO some rated necro and ranger even BELOW wars,
wars are 1 of the worst pvp classes. same goes to thiefs but people still think back stab combo is op therefor the class should be a t1 class

“If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried.”

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

the tiers seem to go:

1. thief, ele, mesmer
2. warrior, guardian
4. ranger, engi, necro

wars are 1 of the worst pvp classes. same goes to thiefs but people still think back stab combo is op therefor the class should be a t1 class

i hope this is an attempt at humor.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Miomooki.3812

Miomooki.3812

I’m with OP.. I also agree with people who wish PvE and PvP to be somehow separeted so one wouldn’t screw the other.

And why there even has to be “the screwed 3” ?That’s a major design flaw from Anet if there’s 3 professions in the game that can’t match up neither in PvE or PvP.

I don’t know if some of you remember nerfs from the original GW, but PvE -vise they killed whole lot of professions.. I recall eles and assassins being totally useless in PvE after the nerfs. Is that what’s gonna happen with GW2 too?

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Rhaj.5261

I’m glad so many people agree with this post. I even remember back when the first nerfs where incoming anet said. “We do not want to nerf every single class all the time” (something along those lines) Yet here they are, including nerfs with every single patch that comes out..Please take this post into thought. We want nerfs to stop, everysingle MMO does this and look where it gets them.. Make change Arena net.

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: HannaDeFreitas.4236

HannaDeFreitas.4236

What is this? Totally uncalled for thread, there was no nerf in a month or more.
Anet never did nerfs that weren’t really needed (ok save some knee-jerk nerfs like Dancing Dagger and Brawn), but I agree that “those 3 classes” need a buff.

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Rhaj.5261

What is this? Totally uncalled for thread, there was no nerf in a month or more.
Anet never did nerfs that weren’t really needed (ok save some knee-jerk nerfs like Dancing Dagger and Brawn), but I agree that “those 3 classes” need a buff.

You obviously did not even read a single post in this thread.

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cathbadb.6079

Cathbadb.6079

In my opinion the best thing Anet could do is revert all classes to pre-launch specs and never touch them again. In Beta and the first days of Launch Ele’s were dps kings and since they have the lowest base health of any class they still should be. A medium to heavy armor class should never be able to out dps a cloth ranged class. Compare Ele’s to 50 Caliber Sniper Rifles and Melee to just that. Rifle wins every time over a sword.

I don’t think this will cause people to all play cloth classes because some people just prefer the in your face combat rather than the kill from a mile away style. Also cloth classes (with the exception of Necros) have less survivability than medium to heavy armor classes. In a real world situation the sniper will get you long before the guy with a knife, but the guy with a rifle has less chance of surviving if spotted. The guy with a knife has the armor to protect themselves.

If memory serves Ele’s were nerfed 4 days after launch. I know because I played one all through Beta and at launch and recall the patch that came out and the outrage that ensued.

Every MMO I have played, knife wielding classes (Rogues/Thieves) out dps their cloth counterparts. In WoW I lived in fear of farming on my Frost Mage because I feared a Rogue might come and get me. Sounds funny now but was a really big fear then. If I was lucky I would get away but most times no such luck. Farming in the PvP areas was a huge risk as there were always rogues waiting in the shadows to come gank my little cloth wearing kitten.

Pretty much the same in this game because of their dps and the culling issues.

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I wish crowd controls had slightly longer durations in pve..

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: HannaDeFreitas.4236

HannaDeFreitas.4236

You obviously did not even read a single post in this thread.

I’m tired of these “you haven’t read the thread” one-line troll posts and I’m reporting you.

Of course I read it, and it’s not true that all Anet does is nerfing.
All patches contain buffs and nerfs, changes that are needed to keep the gameplay balanced.

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

My ele has had some nice buffs

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

I do that Ranger, Engi and especially Necro definitely need a boost! Necro sadly seems to be the Red haired step-child of the caster classes :-(

Of course it is. I decided to go with a caster in GW2, the first time ever, in any game I decided to not be a warrior. I tend to like in you face, hack-n-slash. That said, when I got the game last August, it was touted that all the classes were viable and balanced. So I decided to give a necro a chance and have enjoyed it well. 80 necro with map completion, so it it is a viable PvE class. My necro is quite effective, and I can stand my own in a fight, but it is quite week on the sheer damage side. I have a condition damage build, seemingly the intended specialty for necros, so I’m completely speced for that right down to traits and trinkets. In a long fight, say against a strong champ, where I can build stacks of conditions I can DPS on par with a warrior, but necros cast slow, making it difficult to tag regular mobs effectively in a group and I can’t come close to competing at that level making farming in groups useless and drops, being based on damage, even worse.

The condition damage stack limit of 25 is also a serious limitation in a group since all classes can impose conditions and on a strong foe you can quickly hit that limit making what you’re casing useless. From what I understand a lot of this stems to WvW where AOE, again a primary means of damage for a necro, is considered overpowered. Personally, I’ve done enough WvW that is seems too many people, most often warriors, stand in red rings and don’t even try to dodge…or run right through a necro mark without going around. Well this isn’t AOE or conditions being overpowered, this is lazy players who think they should be invincible. I’ll tell all those, if you stand in a red ring without dodging out, you deserve to die, if for nothing else…stupidity.

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

tigirius.9014

Thank you for that. It’s so weird that the one thing about this title that would be an obvious fix for many a complaint would be an idea that’s so unpopular. Didn’t people come from other titles that didn’t initially have a PTR and then got one later thus improving overall bug fixes almost immediately?

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

the tiers seem to go:

1. thief, ele, mesmer
2. warrior, guardian
4. ranger, engi, necro

One problem with these discussions are that people do not qualify what kind of PVP they are talking about when they do these rankings. There is SPVP and there is WVW.

And in WVW a thief can be nasty thanks to “culling” (the game withholding data in an attempt to avoid saturating your net connection). The overall game “mode” is a bad benchmark tho because anyone, with any gear and level, can wander in and be jumped by a high level thief for the amusement of the thief player…

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

They may not have done a good job of it, but splitting sPvP and Pve/WvW stats is the -only- way to eventually achieve proper balance between the classes. WoW has been trying for 8 years now to balance PvP and PvE at the same time in the same manner and they have not, and will not, ever get it right for everyone.

A good example for GW2 would be the Warrior. From things i’ve read in sPvP warriors are considered trash, yet in PvE they are very (very) powerful. To nerf them in PvE would obliterate them in sPvP and to buff them in sPvP would turn them into gods in PvE. The only solution is to split the data between the two game sections and balance independently.

That sPvP is literally a seperate section of the game with effectively seperate characters as well makes this not only possible but seemingly even intended, yet has not been taking advantage of yet.

Warriors are only gods in PvE because of the greatsword, they are also trash in the pvp arena because they are either too easy to kite or predicatble cause they only have a small range of viable sets in that field. If Anet was to make warrior weapons asside from GS and Axe stronger, they would make the warrior better in the pvp environment while maintaining the cap in the PvE environment.

This is the case for a lot of classes actually, its not because the class is good in 1 part of the game just because they are that said class, but because they have a weapon set + build that is just simply too good at what it does and no matter what you do with another weapon set you can’t match that effectiveness.

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

PVE is already at a level which was based on pre-BWE 1 and has not been nerfed.

I think the only professions which still have the damage levels they had in BWE1 are warriors, guardians, and thieves.

for everyone else every enemy unit in pve feels like an epic boss fight.

seriously, try killing something with a staff ele or condie pistol eng and let me know how that goes compared to warrior or guardian.

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

PVE is already at a level which was based on pre-BWE 1 and has not been nerfed.

I think the only professions which still have the damage levels they had in BWE1 are warriors, guardians, and thieves.

seriously, try killing something with a staff ele or condie pistol eng and let me know how that goes compared to warrior or guardian.

Every weapon isn’t great for every purpose. But saying that engies, as an example, are gimped because one of their weapons just does conditions shows a complete lack of understanding in how this game was meant to be played.

My first 80 was an engie. Any engie who sits there and just shoots a guy with a pistol pretty much deservers to take a long time to kill him. But using the pistol conditions and then switching into the bomb or grenade kit, will take things out pretty fast. In fact, I farm Orr with a bomb kit. Use a pistol to pull a bunch of guys over to me, swap into bomb kit and blow them all up. It’s quite painless.

Anyway picking one weapon that might be geared more for another purpose that pure damage output to use as examples is simply silly. I mean I kill stuff much slower on my hammer warrior than I do on my greatsword warrior. But the hammer gives me control options that can keep me alive.

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

I have no problems killing things in PvE with my staff necro, and most things I’ve read, even in this thread, indicate necro is about the weakest of all the professions. In fact, I’ve soloed the protect-the-camp events for both Jofast and Shelter. Drops still sucked, but that was solely due to crappy RNG and bad luck. My biggest grip is loot, necros simply don’t have that burst damage and as a result tend to get crappy drops from group events like Penitent/Shelter/Jofast, that tend to be densely populated with warriors. I have soloed a couple champions, though I tend to avoid them as they’re too much work for too little gain.

Group events and groups in general don’t tend to be terribly rewarding since I have to share the damage and since my damages comes so slowly regular mobs tend to be dead before I register any decent amount. This is why I’ve been saying for a long time, that including damage in the loot drop considerations automatically favors some professions over others and, well, pure support builds are just screwed. The professions need to be rebalanced and the RNG needs to be adjusted to take more things in to consideration when deciding rewards.

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

I have no problems killing things in PvE with my staff necro, and most things I’ve read, even in this thread, indicate necro is about the weakest of all the professions. In fact, I’ve soloed the protect-the-camp events for both Jofast and Shelter. Drops still sucked, but that was solely due to crappy RNG and bad luck. My biggest grip is loot, necros simply don’t have that burst damage and as a result tend to get crappy drops from group events like Penitent/Shelter/Jofast, that tend to be densely populated with warriors. I have soloed a couple champions, though I tend to avoid them as they’re too much work for too little gain.

Group events and groups in general don’t tend to be terribly rewarding since I have to share the damage and since my damages comes so slowly regular mobs tend to be dead before I register any decent amount. This is why I’ve been saying for a long time, that including damage in the loot drop considerations automatically favors some professions over others and, well, pure support builds are just screwed. The professions need to be rebalanced and the RNG needs to be adjusted to take more things in to consideration when deciding rewards.

Staff is one of necro’s strongest weapons. Necro also has an unusual amount of HP.

Staff is one of the many weapons for ele that are useless (every weapon but D/D), primarily because staff was nerfed into oblivion, along with scepter, in the time between bwe1 and now.

still not hearing you on pistol engineer.

For reference, there are people in the eng forums who have glass cannon p/p crit damage thieves who do more bleed damage than condie engineers.

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: AstralDusk.1670

AstralDusk.1670

Thank you for that. It’s so weird that the one thing about this title that would be an obvious fix for many a complaint would be an idea that’s so unpopular. Didn’t people come from other titles that didn’t initially have a PTR and then got one later thus improving overall bug fixes almost immediately?

It’s not the idea is unpopular, it’s that ‘PTR’ is a concept specific to a single game and makes no sense to anyone who hasn’t specifically played it and used that test server. I had to google what the hell PTR was, and even then I still needed to scour that game’s forums to make any sense, because they ALSO assumed everyone was familiar with the acronym.

Every game has a test server. Not every game calls it a PTR. You want wider support for your campaign, use terminology everybody gets.

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Rhaj.5261

2 more days left I really hope this is the last of the nerfs and we will start to see Buffs for all classes.

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: vince.5937

vince.5937

Take a page from another company under (and struck down by) NCSoft, Paragon Studios: Do not nerf the strong, but buff the weak to match them.

vince.5937 — Tarnished Coast — Les Saintes
R.I.P. City of Heroes, 2004-2012
Long Live Atlas Park 33

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nanashi.6297

Nanashi.6297

that’s true. i don’t understand why no one ever considers this. hell not even blizzard is doing it (even though they already made a separation of how the cc works in PvE and PvP)

it would make balancing much easier. sure it is a little bit more of work but the result should be good for every game. you just can’t balance all classes so they are equal in PvP AND PvE

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

I wish crowd controls had slightly longer durations in pve..

this, I hope Anet will wake up…

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

Well, in my opinion, balacing off sPvP will cost anet their population after awhile when games with true RvR (WvW) come into effect. I cannot be the only one to have purchased gw2 because of the chance to fight against people in open world conquest of castles, towers, and other wvw type activities. If I wanted a decently created esport tournament game i would have stayed in LoL and DoTA 2. Anet seems to think that the smaller pvp portion (spvp, tpvp) was more important than WvW, which has incredible potential, if they cared. Imo they will keep people playing this game longer if they focused more on WvW, and balanced their classes on that scale, rather than the smaller 1 on 1, 5 v 5, etc. scale.

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I initially thought swtor was the most balanced game I had played, up until 1.2 or so when they started nerfing classes and changing skill trees which destroyed builds. I found that they really didn’t understand balance and were just responding with a whetted finger to the wind. That’s why I hate nerf them buff me threads. This thread gets my stamp of approval. If there is a successful class design ask what about it makes it successful and how can we work to make all classes equally successful. I realize peaks and valleys need to be addressed, but successful professions and builds don’t need to be destroyed to do it. I love what one developer (of the original Diablo) said about balance: fun always trumps balance. Work on making the game fun for all players. Nerfing is not fun. It’s the crudest tool in the toolbox and it’s the last one that should be employed.

I agree on the value of a PTR, but don’t believe it will work in GW2 as it’s currently conceived. PTR’s are very successful in a longer development cycle. When releases are monthly there really isn’t time for a PTR to play a meaningful role. I’m sure there is barely (well, not) enough time to develop the code and have it run through QA. I’m very sad that Anet has made monthly releases a large part of their perceived value proposition. I’d much rather have a longer development cycle which yields fully-baked permanent content and includes a PTR.

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hospis.4607

Hospis.4607

Agree with idea of buffing instead of nerfing.
Bunker eles a problem, buff the power traits so eles have a viable dps option. Noone playing engineers and thief stealth a problem, buff flamethrower to reveal stealth and put debuff on.

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: DOW Mageski.2097

DOW Mageski.2097

I made a long post but something went wrong, the short version.

Buff not nerf and give us a lot more builds, instead of one and two.

Split PvP from PvE, it worked for GW it will work for GW2.

#OccupySAB2014 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Forgotten Vanguard [TFV], a 18+ great guild. On the Gandara server.
Join. http://forgottenvanguard.enjin.com/

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ferum Flamebender.5910

Ferum Flamebender.5910

the tiers seem to go:

1. thief, ele, mesmer
2. warrior, guardian
4. ranger, engi, necro

Lol never played an engineer did you? Saying a warrior is bad in PvP.. Yea right…
And thief sucks at PvP too?!

Younreally never played engineer or necro

Aetra Ironbender, Rated E for Engineer- [WoT] Warlocks of Tyria- Far Shiverpeaks

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

OP, if they went by your philosophy we would all play bunker _ and have infinite mobility, cc, dmg, cond dmg, cond duration, and healing (yes I’m pointing a finger at bunker ele) Buffing everyone would just trash spvp to a clone war and nothing would be done. They need to buff the builds that “suck” and adjust the builds that are too common to get them closer to each other. Simply buffing a couple builds to match the “best” build is stupid.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Erebus.7568

Erebus.7568

since its just numbers buffing pve in % of the buff to classes would be kitten easy

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Anet don’t you understand balance? Stop nerfing classes, but start BUFFING all other classes to match the OP ones. Add more builds for all classes. At the moment each class only has 2-3 viable builds. If you keep nerfing classes pvp will die (pvp already has a little bit because of this) So please think about what you are doing stop listening to people crying for nerfs. When the answer is to buff all classes, be different than other MMO’s don’t follow the nerf train.

You really have no concept at all about how balance works, do you? When balancing something you don’t simply add until things are even, you add to this pile and take from that pile, to reach equality. That’s the way they proceed, and the way they should proceed. This suggestion, while widely appareciated, is ignorant at best and should not be followed.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

If Anet was doing a good job at balance I shouldn’t be facepalming and asking myself why I bothered at all to roll a ranger, level it to 80 and try to PvE/PvP, both of which my class is terrible at on all levels.

I agree with the poster above me, though. You don’t just pile on things(Ranger needs across the board buffs, yes) but you take from as well. You don’t just make Class B stronger to make Class A seem weaker when it is not, lest you end up in a blizzard frost mage situation where you must throw in something stupid like resilience to make it work.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

tigirius.9014

It’s not the idea is unpopular, it’s that ‘PTR’ is a concept specific to a single game and makes no sense to anyone who hasn’t specifically played it and used that test server. I had to google what the hell PTR was, and even then I still needed to scour that game’s forums to make any sense, because they ALSO assumed everyone was familiar with the acronym.

Every game has a test server. Not every game calls it a PTR. You want wider support for your campaign, use terminology everybody gets.

This game doesn’t have a public test realm (server) which is the difference. Not only would that alone go a long way to making sure things like the 30% nerf to grenades doesn;t happen (because people would be able to test these things on people and not on stationary test dummies). Just look at cone attacks, they STILL miss to this day. It’s been how many months now?

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

If Anet was doing a good job at balance I shouldn’t be facepalming and asking myself why I bothered at all to roll a ranger, level it to 80 and try to PvE/PvP, both of which my class is terrible at on all levels.

I agree with the poster above me, though. You don’t just pile on things(Ranger needs across the board buffs, yes) but you take from as well. You don’t just make Class B stronger to make Class A seem weaker when it is not, lest you end up in a blizzard frost mage situation where you must throw in something stupid like resilience to make it work.

Ranger is one of the hardest classes in the game to kill if you build them right. There isn’t a single dungeon I’ve done, that included a wipe, in which I wasn’t the last one down. I am often able to almost clear the area that took out the rest of the team, on my own. This is also with a longbow, since people seem to think that has problems too.

It isn’t a question of balance, it’s a question of understanding how to play your class and making smart decisions in the process.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Rhaj.5261

I made a long post but something went wrong, the short version.

Buff not nerf and give us a lot more builds, instead of one and two.

Split PvP from PvE, it worked for GW it will work for GW2.

I never played GW, but yes this is exactly what needs to happen.

Stop nerfing classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

I play ranger in both pve and spvp and have no issue at all. In fact, I think outside the box and enjoy it (no more trap ranger). Just because you fail to seek a fun/viable build doesn’t mean the prof is useless/unbalanced.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”