Stop with the bikini armor

in Suggestions

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I think the problem is that the skimpy armor is usually the better looking and designed, despite the skin it reveals.
I support you. I still want my ele to have a boobtrap tho. Sure as hell passes the wvw queue time.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Suggestions

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

I think skimpy armor damages my suspension of disbelief in the world of Tyria, just like Quaggan Backpacks do. I wish they would take their world a little more serious, and make all armor practical (as in, it actually provides protection to more than just the female naughty bits).

Then again, they also have a weapon that fires unicorns, so I won’t get my hopes up.

Quote of the year. GW2 needs to be more serious. It has all this ridiculous fluff, that it’s very hard to take anything seriously. Silly backpacks, rainbows, cows thrown from catapults, SAB pixels being shot, fun boxes, ec.. The immersion is killed when i see this everywhere. There’s a time and place for this stuff, but to have it during pvp and wvw, or just general pve, make it’s all the more ridiculous.

in Suggestions

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

What sense does it make for a woman to run around with her thighs exposed and cleavage popping out while her male cohorts are wholly armored? Why is the T3 medium armor top just a scrap of material while the male isn’t exposing any skin on his chest at all?

Please either give female characters some wholly covering, flattering armor, or start making armor that leaves the male characters looking like eye candy too. And for the love of the Six, fix the Vigil armor.

No offense, but ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? I guess you’re not from around these parts.

The Medium armor sets are some of the most conservative sets in the game. For females, you have a choice: dress as a cowboy or dress in hot pants. Most sets have the entire body covered up. The only thing these sets are missing are face-covering headpieces. Medium armor is designed for the adventuring classes (engineer, ranger, thief) who can’t wear baggy clothing due to the job requirements.

FYI — I happen to be a 37 year old liberal feminist who resides in the US. and I don’t find these sets offensive. There do need to be more choices because everyone has a different concept for their personal player character. What the medium armor sets needs are more girly options (like skirts) for those of us who want girly characters. For example, I wanted my female Sylvari ranger to be modeled after the Greek goddess of hunting, Artemis, who does wear a skirt. The only girly armor I could find to what I’m looking for is the Magitek armor which has a cute pleated skirt.

in Suggestions

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

ok, i was waiting to use this, now you know too.
http://nebezial.deviantart.com/art/now-you-know-410571226

in Suggestions

sorudo.9054

in real life we don’t have mages and holy warriors as we have them in GW2, that RL stuff is one of the weakest arguments you can use against a fantasy world.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Babychoochoo.5690

Babychoochoo.5690

in real life we don’t have mages and holy warriors as we have them in GW2, that RL stuff is one of the weakest arguments you can use against a fantasy world.

Exactly. If people wanna start throwing around the "RL"or “it doesn’t make sense” argument then we don’t even have to bring up the “high fantasy” or “magic” part of the game. Light armor classes (especially the women) would all freeze to death once they hit the northern zones, no one would be able to wield a greatsword except maybe the norn and charr, the only viable underwater weapon would be the harpoon gun, any class that uses bows, pistols, and rifles would only be able to attack a limited number of times before they became useless, and the world of GW2 would be a barren wasteland due to all the people killing innocent animals and harvesting all of it’s resources.

There’s plenty that, ahem, “doesn’t make sense” already. You can’t say more skimpy armor doesn’t make sense when the game is already full of stuff that doesn’t make any sense.

Let’s all be honest here: aside from personal preference, there is no valid reason for not adding more skimpy armor. They (we? I’m on the “I want more skimpy armor” side anyway lol) aren’t asking for much here. They just want the ability to dress their characters up in outfits more suited to their tastes. If you don’t want more skimpy armor then so be it. Don’t dress your character up like that. There’s plenty of choices there for you already.

Adding more choices for someone else does not suddenly take away something from you. You still have what you want. The only difference is now instead of one person being happy, both of you get to smile.

(edited by Babychoochoo.5690)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adrianna.3092

Adrianna.3092

mesmers make sense to dress sorta skimpy though.. mesmers are the class of beauty seduction and mind games… they are the actors/actresses of gw 2..

they also dont need heavy armor because of their illusions and ability to distort space/time around them to dodge attacks.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JefTheReaper.1075

JefTheReaper.1075

oeps, taking back my earlier replies as I just noticed I was thinking about armor form a other mmo,

the title confused me,
GW2 female armors are fine, heavy armor hides the same amount of skin for both male and female,
med armor shows and hides also the same amount of skin when compared to each other, only showing a little more skin for females, however the armor is still made so that all vital area’s are protected and the open spaces serve to move around easier (if the armor would exist in real life)
and the Light armor’s are simply like it should be, female showing a little extra, but its not even near skimpy or anything in that sense.

GW2 clothing is not even near the type of Bikini.

my own fault I guess, I should have checked the armors first before replying course Its not the first time I mix up stuff from different games.

right now I can’t agree on this topic, the game has a fair ballance in clothing, when female armor is showing, then so is the same set doing for the male characters, equality.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rash.6514

Rash.6514

I agree with the variety claims. The armors are different from one another, however, they all seem to be based on the same design. I know this is a little off the skimpy suggestion, but I would also like to see less skirts on heavy armors, for instance. There are very very few of them in the game.

in Suggestions

sorudo.9054

mesmers make sense to dress sorta skimpy though.. mesmers are the class of beauty seduction and mind games… they are the actors/actresses of gw 2..

they also dont need heavy armor because of their illusions and ability to distort space/time around them to dodge attacks.

isn’t that more a necro thing, dark seductive yet deadly, there is a reason why ppl want to play as a evil mistress

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adrianna.3092

Adrianna.3092

i dont call necros sexy… not at all… although.. the gw 2 necros look better than gw 1 necros.. cus they looked like they were actually undead themselves…

in Suggestions

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Can we have more skimpy armor – I honestly don’t think there is enough!

We used to have a tattoo armor set in GW1 on monks- would love to see something like that introduced again.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

(edited by TPMN.1483)