Suicide Button when Downed

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lolyta.4582

Lolyta.4582

Due to a variety of game-flaw factors beyond our control-
*AoE that kills us far outside the actual borders of the red circles
*Traveling electric bars on a Fractal stairway that kill us without getting near us
*Impossible camera angles forced on us by the game making it impossible to fight
*Champions that spawn on top of us out of nowhere while solo-farming Orr
…and other downed situations too numerous to mention with neither any hope nor any desire to rally…

We need a “suicide” button on the Downed controls so that we do not have to wait, against our will and utterly devoid of any fun or enjoyment, sometimes for 3-4 minutes, to finally die so we can port out and resume actual gameplay.

We, the frequently-dead for no apparent reason, thank you.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

in Suggestions

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

3-4 minutes? Have you tried not fighting back?

I mean, maybe my characters are just on the squishy side, but if I’m not using my healing or other skills carefully, it doesn’t usually take that long to go down if something is already on me.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

in Suggestions

Posted by: Korval.3751

Korval.3751

I support this except for SPVP and WVW for obvious reasons.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Morgoth Bauglyr.9726

Morgoth Bauglyr.9726

borderlands has it too. waiting to get killed is depressing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Inverted.7439

Inverted.7439

You’re probably just pulling a baddie move & trying to rez yourself with someone attacking you, it takes max 40 seconds after going down to actually die. It’s not hard to not push any buttons….

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shades.4572

Shades.4572

You’re probably just pulling a baddie move & trying to rez yourself with someone attacking you, it takes max 40 seconds after going down to actually die. It’s not hard to not push any buttons….

40 seconds if still a decently long time to wait and die. There has been plenty of time where I’ve been in situations where I get downed and don’t want to get up/can’t get myself up in a timely matter and I just want to die, but I have to sit there doing nothing for around a min before I can die.

An example of a situation could be I was downed at a contested temple skill pt in Orr, but killed the mobs around me. I can’t revive myself because my revive gets interrupted by the contested skill pt and there is no mobs to rally off of or to let kill me since I just killed them. In a time like that i wouldn’t mind a kill button to just end my wait.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MangoMan.3218

MangoMan.3218

It probably takes less than ten seconds to get downed if you press no buttons. Though I kind of support the idea of a suicide button, lots of people here seem to be exaggerating the time it takes to bleed out.
If you do have 40 seconds to actually wait to get downed, then you for sure have enough time to bandage yourself.

Just vanquishing the hate. | Ziios, TC
http://www.youtube.com/MangoMiner

in Suggestions

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

at least a suicide bomb button, if i have to die i want to die in style.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

borderlands has it too. waiting to get killed is depressing.

Isn’t this its very reason?