Sylvari armors, TA and Cultural.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tadz.2870

Tadz.2870

My main is a sylvari guard with TA armor, I love my guard so much I put Twilight on it and soon most likely she will will have Eternity, what annoys me so so so so much is having forced colours on my armor, this is my skin colour bleeding through onto the armor. I hate it, and I have talked to many others who strongly dislike this effect.

My suggestion? put in a tick on/off option for the bleed through effect, I everyday try find a colour combination I’m happy with, but my skin colour ruins it ( blue ). At the same time I see so many people in LA with awesome looking TA heavy armor, the reason they are awesome is because they are not sylvari and can play freely with the colour combinations. Stop the bias against sylvari, end the dictatorship and give us our freedom with what I’m sure would be a simple bit of programming!

Attached image is a example, I have seen this colour combination on a human and it looked amazing, yet on my sylvari it looks somewhat putrid.

Attachments:

#FreeDolan

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

I dont know i like the blue gold combo on that armor . I might try that on my guardian since i somehow got a makeover kit ( didn’t buy it ) . I agree however that the glow can be a little limiting on color choice and that an on/off switch would be nice

in Suggestions

Posted by: Synister.8629

Synister.8629

I totally agree with you. I actually just logged into the forums to make a similar post.

I’d like to add that I have a Sylvari Guardian. I like to mix cultural armor with some heavy metal armor. The problem is it matches nicely in the day time, but at night it looks horrid. I wish there was a way to make it match at both night and day times.

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hicci.8761

Hicci.8761

This has been a huge pain to me as well when designing my characters armor.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hicci.8761

Hicci.8761

And Oh god! Fix those kitten radiant mantles on sylvari men already. That is the reason I’m playing a female character.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I sort of like the idea that the armour is really growing out of the Sylvari and that’s why the skin color / glow color is present there.

That being said, I don’t currently play and Sylvari, so it’s probably not my place to judge.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arcain.9106

Arcain.9106

I sort of like the idea that the armour is really growing out of the Sylvari and that’s why the skin color / glow color is present there.

I really like the idea of this too because everything that revolves around the Sylvari is grown. From houses, people to weapons.

I main a Sylvari and I too find this annoying, I have a light blue skin but all my armour is dark blue/purple and it really throws off the look I want.
Even though I like the lore of this armour (growing off the Sylvari), I would like the colour of the skin to be reduced on the armour so we can achieve the looks that Sylvari users strive for.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

The way I do it is that I only use color that fits my Sylvari skin tone. I have my Sylvari necro which has green skin and I use mostly teal-green-greenish colors with some variations (white, etc.) and my purple skin mesmer which has all kind of pink-purple-violet armor colors.

You just gotta do with what you chose. I’m happy with my Sylvari skin colors and even if some dyes are not looking great on my Sylvaris, I don’t mind really much. There are plenty of colors to choose from!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

I agree that I wish there was a way to get rid of the skin color bleeding through. The lore explanation is all well and good, but I shouldn’t have to use a makeover kit to get rid of a color on my armor.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zariuss.2357

Zariuss.2357

I agree with this! I am forced to use a makeover kit to change my skin to white so that the armor will look good… Give us this option please!