Take Out Chest Rewards If Invasion Failed

in Suggestions

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

There are people who want to farm champions in Invasion events because there’s no incentive to complete them other than achievements. Even if the event fails, players still get chest rewards. Which will end up with more profit if players run into more champions. A lot of events failed just because people are purposely running zergs to farm champion chests.

If, when the event fails, the chests at the end were taken out, then the rewards of completing the event will actually out-weight the reward from failing it. As of now, farming champions and failing the event on purpose yields a lot more profit than completing it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

This is why we can’t have nice things.

Are you Shpongled?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

You would think that after CS, Anet learned a lesson about making failure more profitable than success…

But then again, that implies that Anet learns from their mistakes…

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

in Suggestions

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

I agree. On my server it kitten es me off so much seeing every event go like this.

-People tag events
-People zerg up
-People farm champions for the remainder of the event
-People still get chests for failing
-People also get Champion loot for an entire hour-long farm.

It really irritates the hell out of me seeing people do this crap.

in Suggestions

Recycle.5493

Bug-fixes, Balance, and World Polish

• Updated the advanced event scaling system to slightly reduce the rate of champions created by events scaling up in difficulty. Some of these events can now have lieutenant mobs appear as the event scales up.

Huh, guess Anet is taking this in a different direction, we shall wait and see how it turns out.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kjeldoran.3849

Kjeldoran.3849

guys be quite… and i think Anet aim is to let us farm as more as possible and these massive events allow us to greatly get rewarded from our magic find… i think this is Anet tentative to “remove magic find without negative influence on players”.

Also i suggest to remove “magical infusion” and give back 20 laurels… because everyone get a full magic find equip for 1g (or less if yellow) but 20 laurels are too many to be wasted

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

One idea would be to have the invasion champs not drop any loot immediately when they go down, but then if the event succeeds you get all the champ loot you would have earned. If the event fails, you don’t get any of that champ loot.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I feel that the reduction in Champion spawns has been successful in getting people to move forward in the event.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Recycle.5493

People are still purposely failing the event for more loot. Commanders are still telling people to follow the zerg. Farmers are still saying that failing the event gives out more profit.

No, I don’t think Anet’s method worked, at all.

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaern.2538

Kaern.2538

There is way more incentive to grind out champs/vets than there is to try to complete the event.

150 gold earned in 2 days and I am no farmer

Not to mention, with all this ultra competitive gold-enriched grinding going on, the old zones that still carry value are ghost towns.. Cursed shore? temples/karma gear?

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheJokester.4672

TheJokester.4672

Yea I liked it better when I didn’t have commander tag and the people listned to me must have been because I have twilight instead either way we succeeded after only really starting at 36 mins and maybe 4% done on first wave because they listened to me and spread out tagging all the events and not zerging and requesting small numbers to assist with aether cpatain instead of calling a whole zerg. so it took us 10 mins more than most worlds to get started and we still completed because we didnt have crap commanders. I want to get the tag eventually and I got many whispers from the people saying thanks and I’d be good at it. Still in due time tho I want to learn WvW as well not just be a PvE commander and def not like the commander in your screens Recycle sorry for that. They give those of us who try a bad name because he only wants for himself. I’ll bet my twilight he didnt get that tag on his own.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Just goes to show you no good deed goes unpunished. You can’t please all of the people all of the time.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

And if you didn’t get kitten for failing, people would be on here crying about spending 45 minutes on an event and getting nothing for it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

I’m just curious why completing and or failing the invasion is so big deal? Only the “kill scarlet during an invasion” achievement requires actually finishing an invasion once. Other than that, there really is no difference and scarlet kills still happen quite often. Invasions seems to have about 50% success rate.

Keep in mind that unlike temples and other events, invasions cannot “fail”. The invading forces are always succesfully pushed back even if scarlet is not beaten. They are always completed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I’m guessing it’s a server thing then, because mine has not had an issue for the invasions I’ve managed to be involved in.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker