That's how WvW-Statistics should look like

in Suggestions

Posted by: cazza.6078

cazza.6078

I added some things to the wvw-statistics (if you press “b”):

• shows how many players are in the queue (every map)
  • shows your place in the queue
  • shows how many people are online on all maps
  • shows the percentage of the population of all servers
  • shows the point gain dependent from how many players are online
    400/1000 players online (on all servers) -> servers get 40% of their potential points

How would you like it?

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: Witzard.6829

Witzard.6829

That would be great.

Ghosts of Liberty [GHO]
Vizunah Square

in Suggestions

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Point gain dependent on players online? What does that even mean? No offense, but it seems over-cluttered with stuff.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Suggestions

Posted by: Moon.6371

Moon.6371

This is simple and awesome at the same time! Do it, Anet!

Best Regards

[Buka] Koma Grey
[Buka] Mojo Monkey Man
Kodash

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zumi.6384

Zumi.6384

Is that actually how points are totaled?

That explains how we get all the odd scores, when the totals only go in 5 point increments.

I learned something today!

Willowbreeze: Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast [Crit]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

Is that actually how points are totaled?

Not that I’m aware, this is rather his dream.

The odd points come from sentries (1point), dolyaks arriving (3points) and dolyaks killing (varies).

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in Suggestions

Posted by: Preacher.9018

Preacher.9018

Anet refuses to even acknowledged there is a problem despite being told since early BWEs. It “works as intended”. I just length gave up, kinda like believe in Funcom ever fixing sieges. So not gonna happen. They were shown in their face the problems with the system even before the game was released – now when the prime time of WvW is gone and they did change nothing, there is no reason really now for them to fix it – seeing fraction of population that once played WvW before players it now, with exact same problems.

http://www.pevepe.net/ – Seafarers Rest Server community website

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

I like 1 and 3 but 2 makes no sense as you do not have a place in the queue it is completely random, but knowing how many people are in it would be nice. And the other 2 just seem like clutter to me.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in Suggestions

Posted by: midiean.8469

midiean.8469

Points depending on players online would be horrible, there will be massive unmoving queues overnight because everyone will just controlclick their heal skill and idle to get points

Nevermind, all the points are cool, I actually managed to read it properly ;D

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

Hmm that requires pro photoshop skillz and math not gonna happen even if it is logical

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

in Suggestions

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

nice job cazza, appreciate the thought put into this. Too bad it won’t happen, haha.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

nice job cazza, appreciate the thought put into this. Too bad it won’t happen, haha.

I don’t know Devon is really on the ball. I would not be surprised if they were able to implement a couple of these, especially the number in queue. I don’t think they would ever add a server pop though. For some reason most companies are really weary to release those numbers.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in Suggestions

Chiolas.1326

Yes Devon really seems focused , he announced a bunch of unneeded changes to class balance (I’m not saying if they’re good or not, I don’t care, but change just for the sake of filling the changelog while overlooking the real problems is silly)

Maybe the plan is to not announce the real changes yet, so we all rage now, then when they do the big changes we will all be super happy… or maybe not

in Suggestions

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

Nice, love it!

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nak.8315

Nak.8315

Its looks nice, but AN won’t ever show to the Total Populations. They’ve never disclosed what the servers are capable of handling as far as I know.

I’d love to know the Queue, but now that I’m not on a T1 server its not an issue.

Nak
Call of Fate[CoF]
Ehmry Bay

in Suggestions

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Yes Devon really seems focused , he announced a bunch of unneeded changes to class balance (I’m not saying if they’re good or not, I don’t care, but change just for the sake of filling the changelog while overlooking the real problems is silly)

Maybe the plan is to not announce the real changes yet, so we all rage now, then when they do the big changes we will all be super happy… or maybe not

You really think Devon makes the class changes?

I don’t want to know all the things the original poster is proposing. It really just seems like a tier 1 problem where I imagine all you guys worry about is making sure that every map is as close to full as possible.

Last thing I want to do is come to the forums and listen to people whine “Well, you had 65 people on the map but we only had 63” or post screenshots of “our 41 people > your 44”.

You want to know how many people are on a map? Scout them. You want to get out of a queue? Spread to a server that doesn’t have them (which no one will do because the goal is to have as much coverage as the queues allow).

Gate of Madness

in Suggestions

Posted by: Toggles.1783

Toggles.1783

400/1000 players online (on all servers) -> servers get 40% of their potential points

It’s all pretty sweet but that part I quoted would be absolutely awesome!

Level 80: Elementalist Engineer Guardian Mesmer Ranger Thief Warrior

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

It not the total population of a server,
it’s not even the current people online on this server in that screen-proposal,
it is only the current WvW-players.
So it can only be a number between 0 and 600 (4 maps with max 150 per server) per server (or 0-1800 per match) out of around 60’000 total server population.
Doesn’t sound like a big secret to show this.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

This has to be one of the best posts in the WvW forums.

The # in queue addition alone would be like Xmas imo for alot of players/guilds

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kript.3291

Kript.3291

I don’t know Devon is really on the ball. I would not be surprised if they were able to implement a couple of these, especially the number in queue. I don’t think they would ever add a server pop though. For some reason most companies are really weary to release those numbers.

you have too much faith in the wvw team..

Compared to spvp team, wvw team(both old and new) shows virtually no communication with wvw community, at least not on the important stuffs that we want to know. Have they addressed the server imbalance issue ( the crisis that is happening in T1 EU right now)? Have they updated us with technical issues like server lags? Have they informed us their plan/idea of improving the current meta of wvw (zerg v zerg) or leaderboard statistics? New Maps?ascended items purchasable with badges?

Nope. All we know that we are getting more useless wvw abilities like "Five formidable new levels in the Guard Killer ability line ", more PvDoor stuffs, yayy

some times i think they just don’t care.

i am frudoo,a forum warrior, an expert wvw analyst, and a closet fanboy of Jade Quarry server.

in Suggestions

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

You shouldn’t be able to see the other servers population levels in WvW. That’s too much intel right there for free. If you want to find out, get in there and scout the map. That type of intel would result in significant changes to player allocations.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

You shouldn’t be able to see the other servers population levels in WvW. That’s too much intel right there for free. If you want to find out, get in there and scout the map. That type of intel would result in significant changes to player allocations.

^^agreed

Alot of OP points makes sense, but the fact is AN will never implement that system that makes it where population determines how much points a server can get PPT wise as they already stated that they want everybody’s time to be equal and valuable. Besides it would be easy to abuse anyways. My solution is they should just post the scores at the end of the week instead of showing it all week long as they intended WvW to be a casual thing but showing scores certainly says otherwise.

Will you help me move?

in Suggestions

Dayra.7405

^^agreed

Alot of OP points makes sense, but the fact is AN will never implement that system that makes it where population determines how much points a server can get PPT wise as they already stated that they want everybody’s time to be equal and valuable. Besides it would be easy to abuse anyways. My solution is they should just post the scores at the end of the week instead of showing it all week long as they intended WvW to be a casual thing but showing scores certainly says otherwise.

I saw this statement by ANet. I would be nice if all players would have the same value.
But I don’t agree that this is currently the case.

Currently the prime-time player has nearly no value, and the off-time player has a lot value.

I needs 450 player in prime-time to get a 230 pts ticker, that’s 1/2 a point per player and tick. (in fact the prime-time player is worth less, if he leaves he is immediately replaced.)
I needs 50 player at night to get a 650 ticker , that’s 7 points per player and tick.

The offtime player currently is weight 14 times as important than the primetime player. (this is approx. EU-T2 numbers, I guess there are slightly different in other tiers, but the general tendency should be the same.)

It would be nice if ANet would not only believe their values, but implement them.

Edit: Where did you saw the players per server, I only saw the the total population of all three server, if you see that number you have no idea how this splits up per server.

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ramona.5097

Ramona.5097

Agree. It could serve as a major deterrent for players to queue up if they see their server is outmanned 4 to 1.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

Oh man. I love this.

I mean, you mixed added utility with innovation, but I LOVE both.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Az z.2746

Az z.2746

That’s all basic stuff, especially the dynamic point system based on population. The game desperately need this.

Azz ~
( Sg Az / Rg Az / Wr Az / Gr Az )
http://www.youtube.com/user/azzalan/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

^^agreed

I saw this statement by ANet. I would be nice if all players would have the same value.

Currently the prime-time player has nearly no value, and the off-time player has a lot value.

I needs 450 player in prime-time to get a 230 pts ticker, that’s 1/2 a point per player and tick. (in fact the prime-time player is worth less, if he leaves he is immediately replaced.)
I needs 50 player at night to get a 650 ticker , that’s 7 points per player and tick.

The offtime player currently is weight 14 times as important than the primetime player. (this is approx. EU-T2 numbers, I guess there are slightly different in other tiers, but the general tendency should be the same.)

It would be nice if ANet would not only believe their values, but implement them.

Edit: Where did you saw the players per server, I only saw the the total population of all three server, if you see that number you have no idea how this splits up per server.

Its true that the value of a player ingame during off time hours are more valuable to a server’s win, but it’s like treating them like second class citizens if we say they’re only worth half as much. Also i never quoted saying i saw players/server i only agreed to volkons quote saying if you see your outmaned by ratio of 3:1 it might deter you from going in.

Realistically speaking, people care too much about winning. i’m trying to get gold now so i can xfer out to a lower tier to avoid these huge battles of 40v40 and sometimes even 60v60 that just puts me into skill lock rite now, i calculated costs and it would be around 50ish gold just to transfer off because all servers are at very high at almost all times now which is stupid. around 1800gem, so rite now it is extremely discouraging.

Will you help me move?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

The reason you get odd numbers is because of yaks and senturies . I too don’t understand the 40% wouldn’t that give higher pop server more advantage if it was 60% i would understand making up for some of the out manned.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in Suggestions

Thesilentflute.8761

^^agreed

There is no prime time and off time this is a global game if you are na or eu server you support 4 time zones Sea 9am est on, Eu 2pm est on, Na 5pm est on, Oceanic 1am est on. There is talk about opening other servers for sea but I really love having the mix of cultures myself. There is a language barrier but there it is breached when you have a good server community.

Edit: est

(edited by Thesilentflute.8761)

in Suggestions

Az z.2746

Knowing the sum of all servers pops in all maps is far from “too much intel”. You can basically already know that just by looking at the ppt. If you could know the the pop of a specific server in a specific map, that would be too much intel. Funny thing is that the outmanned buff already shows that in many occasions.

Azz ~

(edited by Az z.2746)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

Why do people not get that scaling points to active population would make match-up balancing more difficult?

I don’t care whether or not my server is able to get a decent amount of points, I care about whether or not we can hold objectives and have the numbers to actually challenge our opponents in combat.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in Suggestions

Az z.2746

Why do people not get that scaling points to active population would make match-up balancing more difficult?

I don’t care whether or not my server is able to get a decent amount of points, I care about whether or not we can hold objectives and have the numbers to actually challenge our opponents in combat.

Points are the objective of WvW, it is intended that people care about it. The problem is that the current implementation of the system is very poor, and that’s why you and many people choose the disregard it.

Azz ~

in Suggestions

Dayra.7405

There is no prime time and off time this is a global game

Prime-time of your server is the time where your server has > 200 ppl in WvW.
Off-Time of your server is where you have < 200 ppl in WvW.

You can generalize this to matches:
Prime-time of your match is the time where the 3 servers of your match have > 600 ppl in WvW.
Off-Time of your match is where they have < 600 ppl in WvW.

You may be on a server that has 24/7 prime-time and you may be on a server that never has prime-time.

Quite easy isn’t it?

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in Suggestions

Thesilentflute.8761

Points are the objective of WvW, it is intended that people care about it. The problem is that the current implementation of the system is very poor, and that’s why you and many people choose the disregard it.

It’s not a poor system just some servers have poor communities and do not bring people in or communicate between guilds well it makes the world of difference. The smallest effort can make the biggest differences.

in Suggestions

Posted by: capmasterflash.5690

capmasterflash.5690

great great great idea

[MU]- my name is red
Asura Thief/Ele
HoD

in Suggestions

Posted by: PredatoR.5247

PredatoR.5247

no.
no.
no.
no.

Jericho The Usurper[Agg] – Aggression

in Suggestions

Az z.2746

It’s not a poor system just some servers have poor communities and do not bring people in or communicate between guilds well it makes the world of difference. The smallest effort can make the biggest differences.

Good communities don’t win the point game, big communities do. And there are a lot of good communities all around, but they aren’t there because of the scoring system, they exist despite it.

Azz ~

in Suggestions

Chiolas.1326

Its true that the value of a player ingame during off time hours are more valuable to a server’s win, but it’s like treating them like second class citizens if we say they’re only worth half as much. Also i never quoted saying i saw players/server i only agreed to volkons quote saying if you see your outmaned by ratio of 3:1 it might deter you from going in.

I’m not saying I’m more valuable than them, I’m saying that the fact that I fight against other people is more valuable then the fact that they fight against no one except doors. That’s PvP – Player versus Player – you have to account for the other player, right now Anet is treating WvW as PvE, where only the player matters and not the whole battlefield

in Suggestions

Thesilentflute.8761

Good communities don’t win the point game, big communities do. And there are a lot of good communities all around, but they aren’t there because of the scoring system, they exist despite it.

ET and Blackgate both made it to teir 1 with this scoring system and half the numbers of most other servers what they did have is skilled well organized communities of course blackgate has grown since then. I’m not sure how things go on your server but the great commanders on mine have spent hundreds of hours working on their leadership and teamwork skills and lead by example everyday their effort has built our community more than any other one thing.

To stay on topic you can’t post borderland pops outmanned is already a green flag.

in Suggestions

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

I likes it, I really likes it.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

in Suggestions

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

^^agreed

There is no prime time and off time this is a global game if you are na or eu server you support 4 time zones Sea 9am est on, Eu 2pm est on, Na 5pm est on, Oceanic 1am est on. There is talk about opening other servers for sea but I really love having the mix of cultures myself. There is a language barrier but there it is breached when you have a good server community.

Edit: est

if you are on a “german” server, there is 1, read: ONE time zone.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in Suggestions

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I agree with the queue information but don’t really see the point into number of people online. The queue piece would be huge though.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

How would you like it?

Best suggestion ever. They don’t even need to waste hours brainstorming anymore. We have the fix. The have the solution. Stop being stubborn Devs and implement it. It will greatly fix the glicko shortcomings.

Two ways to go Anet:

1) you ignore this and tons of wvw veterans will leave

2) you finally give in to the best suggestion in the Galaxy, because ultimately it’s the right and only thing to do.

Did I mention this is the best gw2 suggestion that ever rose in the complete Galaxy?

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Suggestions

Posted by: thiagoperne.7340

thiagoperne.7340

How would you like it?

Best suggestion ever. They don’t even need to waste hours brainstorming anymore. We have the fix. The have the solution. Stop being stubborn Devs and implement it. It will greatly fix the glicko shortcomings.

Two ways to go Anet:

1) you ignore this and tons of wvw veterans will leave

2) you finally give in to the best suggestion in the Galaxy, because ultimately it’s the right and only thing to do.

Did I mention this is the best gw2 suggestion that ever rose in the complete Galaxy?

Yea you did, twice, almost in the same line. What about the other galaxies? What if there’s a better suggestion in another galaxy, have u think about that?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

This would be awesome, but not holding my breath.

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

in Suggestions

Posted by: ErlendR.6107

ErlendR.6107

Only this atm would be great ^^

Proud ex-Kaineng T8 best server ever vs DR & FC
FC
Retired

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

Okay, I lied, I enjoy pushing for a win sometimes. But who cares that you’re artificially getting an even tick if you’re so outmanned that you just get rolled over by the enemy? Or if you don’t ever have the numbers to defend and upgrade objectives? Matchups are determined by points, and points are determined by coverage first and organization second, such that you can have matchups with relatively even coverage.

If you start scaling points to coverage, you’ve decoupled that link and you might have matchups that are even in score but not much else.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I had to log in to like the OP.

Also guys, don’t bring coverage into this. It is an issue, but it’s an entirely different issue that could be resolved by a number of other means.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fegelein.7026

Fegelein.7026

Interesting idea. But I highly doubt the devs will ever show the number of players participating in WvW. In fact, any kind of data that shows the population in game isn’t shown (Population per server is inaccurate on the main menu).

(edited by Fegelein.7026)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sanchez.4017

Sanchez.4017

I like the idea of queueing showing. But not the showing of WvW population.

Scenario 1:
if you know where most of the enemy is, you will certainly want to move to a map with the least number of enemy and perform PvDoor.

Scenario 2:
Let’s say you are on different timezone unlike most of the server. You about to WvW and on the WvW map selection screen. But the low number on every map just discourages you from doing it. In the end, you are forced to move to a more stacked server or simply stop playing anymore.

Ghost Scout – You can’t kill what you can’t see.