The Skipping culture

The Skipping culture

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nurse.1085

Nurse.1085

Have it so mobs don’t leash in dungeons.

Fixed.

PS: To add to that, this is the only game I’ve played where you can “leash” Dungeon mobs (aka out run them so they de-aggro). Kind of silly if you ask me.

The Skipping culture

in Suggestions

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Fixed.

PS: To add to that, this is the only game I’ve played where you can “leash” Dungeon mobs (aka out run them so they de-aggro). Kind of silly if you ask me.

You could have skipped mobs in gw1. And you still have stealth here to lose aggro. Or improve loots.

Fixed.

The Skipping culture

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zabanov.6743

Zabanov.6743

For the people who skip it boils down to 1 thing.

Note: 99% of people complaining on forums are people whining about why people skip trash, and not the other way around where people who do fast speed runs complain about trash killers. Want to know why? People who do things successfully, quickly, efficiently have nothing to complain about.

No the people who think skipping is an issue just want to enjoy the game, they dont want to take the easy way and just skip stuff. But it just seems like stated before people just want instant rewards.
Some of the people are not gold farmers that just want to do everything quickly. But alas it seems that people will always take the easy way out.
If Anet would have suggested a “skip button” to dungeon most would welcome it with open arms.

you may call skipping successfull or efficient, you can say whatever you want you may say that I complain and whine. But in the end it is the skippers who are just lazy and filled with greed who will take the easy way out on every possible opportunity. And sadly this will not change, these days people only want instant results. And they forgot about the road that leads to those rewards.

Lastly I just want to say fine skip all you want, but I will not. And I hope that those who want to enjoy this game to its full content will refuse to skip as well.

The Skipping culture

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Note: 99% of people complaining on forums are people whining about why people skip trash, and not the other way around where people who do fast speed runs complain about trash killers. Want to know why? People who do things successfully, quickly, efficiently have nothing to complain about.

No the people who think skipping is an issue just want to enjoy the game, they dont want to take the easy way and just skip stuff. But it just seems like stated before people just want instant rewards.
Some of the people are not gold farmers that just want to do everything quickly. But alas it seems that people will always take the easy way out.
If Anet would have suggested a “skip button” to dungeon most would welcome it with open arms.

you may call skipping successfull or efficient, you can say whatever you want you may say that I complain and whine. But in the end it is the skippers who are just lazy and filled with greed who will take the easy way out on every possible opportunity. And sadly this will not change, these days people only want instant results. And they forgot about the road that leads to those rewards.

Lastly I just want to say fine skip all you want, but I will not. And I hope that those who want to enjoy this game to its full content will refuse to skip as well.

I’m just curious.

What exactly do you feel like you’re accomplishing by not skipping? What do you think you’re missing out on if you skip mobs? Spamming abilities on mobs for 20 seconds to get 0 drops, I know that sounds really exciting but it’s just not for me.

Anet make Rev great again.

The Skipping culture

in Suggestions

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Stop puggin then, make your own group of people that have same opinion on that matter and leave skipping to others. Problem solved.

The Skipping culture

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

The easy way out? Would that mean trash mobs are hard to kill?

I am completely fine with you enjoying the game by not skipping the mobs. However, I cannot for the life of me understand why you can’t be fine with me enjoying the game by skipping the mobs.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that you are a very loud minority who can’t find enough like minded people to do non-skip runs, so you resort to crying for an official statement or a “fix” to the non-existing problem.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

The Skipping culture

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

What exactly do you feel like you’re accomplishing by not skipping? What do you think you’re missing out on if you skip mobs? Spamming abilities on mobs for 20 seconds to get 0 drops, I know that sounds really exciting but it’s just not for me.

If you’re not into PvP, this game just doesn’t offer that many outlets for stretching your legs and pushing your limits once you’ve gotten geared up. Heck, I’m running with a stacking Sigil just because I like the additional challenge of trying not get downed while doing explorables with pugs.

I’m all dressed up, but with nowhere to go.
And running with skippers is like an evening with a guy that wants to go up for coffee at the end of the night but just doesn’t know how to show a girl a good time. It’s all about the booty, in a depressing sort of way.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

The Skipping culture

in Suggestions

Gab Superstar.4059

If you’re not into PvP, this game just doesn’t offer that many outlets for stretching your legs and pushing your limits once you’ve gotten geared up. Heck, I’m running with a stacking Sigil just because I like the additional challenge of trying not get downed while doing explorables with pugs.

And running with skippers is like an evening with a guy that wants to go up for coffee at the end of the night but just doesn’t know how to show a girl a good time. It’s all about the booty, in a depressing sort of way.

For kittens sake, then don’t kitten run with kitten skipping groups, form your own kitten groups and stop kitten crying on the kitten forums.

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

The Skipping culture

in Suggestions

Vox Hollow.2736

It was an answer to a ‘why’ question, not a complaint.
Although, I did say something in another thread, so that comment is somehow accidentally relevant.

The basic summary of what I wrote in that other thread was; “I don’t mind that split, I do make an effort to communicate, but how dungeons are structured makes it very difficult to get everybody’s expectations aligned”. Because what constitutes ‘skipping’ or ‘speed run’ is subjective, and more and more degrees of difference between a normal run and a speed run keep getting added as time goes on because people keep finding more shortcuts and exploits.

We’re saying the same words, but nobody seems to be on the same page. I think we actually need to start saying things like ‘medium speedrun’ or come up with clever words for more complex concepts ‘skipping side content, but not things in the main path’.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

The Skipping culture

in Suggestions

Posted by: Melankoli.9538

Melankoli.9538

If you are worried about CoF, you should check out people skipping CM while running through bugged mountains, or jumping through invisible walls in CoE p2 to get to destroyer in p3, or jumping through walls in fotm, or getting pushed on to walls by engineers in fotm etc etc etc, some bosses in fotm dont even hit back if u jump on to a tree, i mean srsly? Anet needs to fix the bugs cus all the dungeons are a big joke, a group with some brains can do any path in any dungeon in under an hour (yes including p4 of arah). But instead they keep adding content which nobody cares about (snowmen building etc) . I understand the need to make money, but it should not prevent anet from doing their job.

The Skipping culture

in Suggestions

Gab Superstar.4059

If you are worried about CoF, you should check out people skipping CM while running through bugged mountains, or jumping through invisible walls in CoE p2 to get to destroyer in p3, or jumping through walls in fotm, or getting pushed on to walls by engineers in fotm etc etc etc, some bosses in fotm dont even hit back if u jump on to a tree, i mean srsly? Anet needs to fix the bugs cus all the dungeons are a big joke, a group with some brains can do any path in any dungeon in under an hour (yes including p4 of arah). But instead they keep adding content which nobody cares about (snowmen building etc) . I understand the need to make money, but it should not prevent anet from doing their job.

To be fair, there were three truly game-breaking exploits in dungeons that I was aware of, and they have all been sort of fixed to my knowledge. The ones you mention are not that bad, and they should take lower priority than what was fixed in the last patch.

I am not content with the quality of dungeon map design being released into the game, neither am I content with the speed at which the exploits are being closed or Arena Net’s attitude towards them, but they seem to at least be doing more now than what they were earlier. Last patch closed some major exploits, there are many still out there, but we don’t know how much will have been done by next patch.

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

The Skipping culture

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zabanov.6743

Zabanov.6743

The easy way out? Would that mean trash mobs are hard to kill?

I am completely fine with you enjoying the game by not skipping the mobs. However, I cannot for the life of me understand why you can’t be fine with me enjoying the game by skipping the mobs.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that you are a very loud minority who can’t find enough like minded people to do non-skip runs, so you resort to crying for an official statement or a “fix” to the non-existing problem.

actualy I thought at the beginning that this was an problem, but it seems I am the minority in this case. So I either adapt (wich I wont do since I hate skipping) or like people stated before I make my own group/guild who doesnt skip. And since like with most things we have a two sides here and we can go arguing about this for ages. There will be always people who want to skip and those who dont.

anyway for those who dont want to skip in dungeons just add in GW2 I am on the blacktide server.

The Skipping culture

in Suggestions

Posted by: Schnuffles.5369

Schnuffles.5369

Skippers gonna skip.

The Skipping culture

in Suggestions

Posted by: Galrond.5972

Galrond.5972

Now I can understand that you skip something that is just really FUBAR

Personally, trash with that much amount is really FUBAR. Reduce their HP by 75% and we can talk about wasting time on mobs that drop nothing valuable. (Don’t say T6 mats, you farm that faster in any 80 zone.)

The Skipping culture

in Suggestions

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

+1
I started to add everyone to my blocklist who insist on skipping stuff.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

The Skipping culture

in Suggestions

Posted by: Heliox.8632

Heliox.8632

Man, all you people who drive cars instead of run to work, or use a bike are f’n lazy people. God forbid inventions or techniques that allow you to do things faster legally.

Again: my time is worth the amount I want it to be, Yours is spent killing trash, mine isnt. I dont care if you kill all the trash in the world, I’m not the one complaining on the forums about people who skip trash or dont skip trash.

(edited by Heliox.8632)

The Skipping culture

in Suggestions

Posted by: eldavo.6054

eldavo.6054

Fixed.

This would be a cool solution, although it could make some parts people already don’t skip harder. In my experience, GW2 dungeons are some of the coolest single group content in any MMO, the skipping takes away from the cool experience.

I also agree that trash mob loot should be looked at. The regular dungeons are not on par with fotm in terms of trash mob loot quality. Also, there’s a wide variation of how much time a dungeon path takes that needs to be looked at. Arah and CoE take a long time even with skipping, that wouldnt be so bad if the loot was better to compensate.

Re other games, EQ1 mobs didn’t leash much, you could make big trains. SWTOR has similar leashing to GW2.

Diaverse
Guardian – Commander – Officer of Rethesis [RE] Tarnished Coast

The Skipping culture

in Suggestions

Posted by: Moritsune.6789

Moritsune.6789

Those that complain about ppl skipping trash mobs in dungeon obviously haven’t done enough dungeons to the point it becomes a grind and a chore. The only reason im doing dungeons is for the chest and tokens+ gold. And i will skip anything that is not worth my time because im so sick of grinding my kitten of dungeons so i can buy my armor and stuff.

if i can get 2-3g from doing all 3 paths of AC for 180 tokens in 1.5hrs max not including loot, would i rather spend 1 hrs for 1 path killing trash and everything hoping to get some rare stuff and 60 tokens? i doubt so because the freaking reward sucks! Time is money here, no one wants to “so call enjoy the dungeon because the design are so awesome” once you’ve done all dungeons for like 100 times.

Have you even tried doing Arah before u start complaining about ppl skipping trash? go and do it and tell me if you can do path 3 under 1hrs with all the trash mobs killing and stuff. If you enjoy killing trash and spend 2-3 hrs for path 3 Arah (for 69 tokens Max) be my guess but don’t expect everyone to have the time to waste killing useless stuff with sucky rewards.

So please before u guys post anything about ppl skipping trash mobs please go and do all the dungeons in game before you even start posting here. Some dungeons are meant to be farm for fast money, where else would u get money from? unless u like playing the TP like a trader.

(edited by Moritsune.6789)

The Skipping culture

in Suggestions

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

DDO has struggled years with this. Speed runs are the norm there, new people are lost, spirit of design is blown up. There are ways around it, but once the cat is out of the bag, the whine is great when slowing grinders down by making them run a dungeon how the director designed tried to design in. So in DDO they have a LFG tool and notes, there they put Speed Run, Flower Sniffer etc.

The Skipping culture

in Suggestions

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

Trash mobs are just that, trash. They drop mediocre items. Only things worth killing are bosses (which drop silver and bags) and getting to the end reward (26s + 60 tokens).

Anything else I’d gladly skip to make dungeon farming more manageable without shooting my brains out.

Want us to kill trash mobs? Make them drop things worthwhile so there’s a point in killing them and not be a waste of time.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

(edited by Charming Rogue.8071)

The Skipping culture

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

And how is killing trash mobs “pushing your limits”

It’s not difficult, it’s not challenging. I’ve killed instead of skipped many times in many dungeons and I can assure you, it’s not a challenge. It’s merely time consuming.

If you consider killing trash mobs to be “pushing your limits” then I’d hate to see you in arah or high level fractals.

Anet make Rev great again.

The Skipping culture

in Suggestions

Gab Superstar.4059

+1
I started to add everyone to my blocklist who insist on skipping stuff.

I hope there is no limit on the block list lol.

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

The Skipping culture

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

Trash mobs don’t have too much hp, stop making parties with “tanky dps” and they go down very quickly.

That’s just not true. I speed run AC and CoF a lot with a group of 3 glasscannon thieves (pure DPS. C&D for 5k, backstab for 8k.) and either 2 warriors or 1 warrior/1 guardian and we still find that a lot of trash mobs are better skipped because they’re HP sponges.

That’s strange cause I’ve seen vid on reddit where one thief was able to kill silver mob (vine) in TA in 15seconds. Also, when I ran TA last time, one glass cannon war was able to kill vine faster than 4 other people.

The vines in TA (for whatever reason) are actually less of a time sink than the 4 random spiders in AC on the way to path 2 or 3 (after Kohler). They hit as hard as any of the bosses there, have more hp than the silver or gold ghosts, and drop nothing. So I should kill them why?

Note, the above example applies in far more places than just that specific group of 4 spiders.

Our guild runs are always pure dps spec/gear (anything else in PvE just isn’t worth the benefit time wise). We skip. A lot. We’ve killed it before, we can kill it again if we have to, but until we have to they get to live another day.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

The Skipping culture

in Suggestions

Vox Hollow.2736

And how is killing trash mobs “pushing your limits”

Mmmm. Nothing special apart from what I’d already said. It’s just what’s happening when a lack of other options meets a will to invent and self-impose additional difficulty. I’m just making the best of what I’ve got available.

Why do you ask?
Is there some other group-setting PvE activity you can suggest?

The Skipping culture

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cushnahan.7058

Cushnahan.7058

I totally agree with OP.

Especially in point 2. where I agree that more events should be added for better rewards. Maybe even make the dungeon rewards dependant on how many events have been completed within. Thus it would be possible to make (P2 Lavafield) a seperate event, as well as the bombs, etc. I am aware that they cannot be skipped anyways. The reason behind this is that this way, a ‘minimum reward’ could be introduced for completing all ‘compulsory’ events.

I’d also want to include Fractals of the Mist, bonus level. Especially AFTER level 20, it is a drag to ‘rush through it’ because at some point, someone WILL fall and WILL be unable to res himself because of the mobs. Not to mention that entering into battle, being stunned while you jump also contributes to the possibility of falling.

And in general:
I don’t know how many people here are really effin’ RICH, but I enjoy killing the mobs just for the loot I can get. I don’t particularily mind if that is only 20c from 1 [Glob of Glooby Gloo] or whatever, because 10 times 20c are 2s already, AKA my next porting fee. Especially in those parts, there is also always the possibility of dropping Lodestones, equipment, Emerald shards/crystals for crafting… etc.

The Skipping culture

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

How about making the chest reward partly based on how well the party cleared the dungeon. The more cleared out the dungeon is the better the reward.

The Skipping culture

in Suggestions

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

I totally agree with OP.

Especially in point 2. where I agree that more events should be added for better rewards. Maybe even make the dungeon rewards dependant on how many events have been completed within. Thus it would be possible to make (P2 Lavafield) a seperate event, as well as the bombs, etc. I am aware that they cannot be skipped anyways. The reason behind this is that this way, a ‘minimum reward’ could be introduced for completing all ‘compulsory’ events.

I’d also want to include Fractals of the Mist, bonus level. Especially AFTER level 20, it is a drag to ‘rush through it’ because at some point, someone WILL fall and WILL be unable to res himself because of the mobs. Not to mention that entering into battle, being stunned while you jump also contributes to the possibility of falling.

And in general:
I don’t know how many people here are really effin’ RICH, but I enjoy killing the mobs just for the loot I can get. I don’t particularily mind if that is only 20c from 1 [Glob of Glooby Gloo] or whatever, because 10 times 20c are 2s already, AKA my next porting fee. Especially in those parts, there is also always the possibility of dropping Lodestones, equipment, Emerald shards/crystals for crafting… etc.

Alright. Now weigh up those couple of minutes it took you to kill that mob, multiply it by whatever trash mobs there are in dungeons. And then weigh it against the end reward you get, and include in your calculations the time it takes to finish the dungeon would you have skipped all the trash mobs.

I’m gonna compare CoF path 1, cause I like CoF.

Full run
Extra drops from killing trash: ~15s?
Total gold: ~1g15s
Run: 20-30 minutes

Skipped run
Extra drops: None, obviously
Total gold: ~1g
run: 10-15 minutes

Of course these are rough estimates, but I know I’m pretty close to the actual numbers cause I’ve done CoF over 200 times. Now you can tell me if it’s worth it to do a full run, or just do it 2 times (2nd time gives you full gold reward).

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

The Skipping culture

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

Skipping Vistas, Skipping cut-scenes, Skipping dungeon paths, Skipping skipping. How about skipping the whole content and buy in cash shop a fully equipped it max armors and legendary weapons? That could fit really good in this Skipping culture, isn’t it?

The Skipping culture

in Suggestions

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

That is completely different from what is being discussed. That is just purely exploiting. There is a huge difference between running pass mobs and running through walls.