"This is my Tower" WvWvW change

in Suggestions

Posted by: pierwola.9602

pierwola.9602

• add something that will tell me which guild owns this camp/tower/keep/sm
    (guild tag/name on NPCs , show guild name when i click the flag, guild name on the map)
  • add few upgrades only for the owner, e.g :
    – WP for 5 guild members every 30/60min
    – ability to teleport during the fight (first 5 sec)
    – message from NPCs “Our ………. is Under Attack!”
  • “owner upgrades” should give something for the guild, e.g:
    – 10 silvers every 1h
    – lower price for Armor Repair
    – 10% from all the transaction(shop/repair) in your “base” move to guild bank
    – you take 15/20 supply from your “base” (camp only)

in Suggestions

Posted by: RiKShaw.8795

RiKShaw.8795

Do you think this would make other people, who dont belong to that guild, feel unwanted in that tower/keep?

in Suggestions

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

no, imo claiming towers/keeps should be an effort to help you server, and not for some silly selfish reasons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Support, you (and your guild) have to get some reward for claiming a tower. Server rewards don’t motivate anyone. It’s plain that the reward system in WvW isn’t sufficient.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Suggestions

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

-add something that will tell me which guild owns this camp/tower/keep/sm
(guild tag/name on NPCs , show guild name when i click the flag, guild name on the map)
-message from NPCs “Our ………. is Under Attack!”

Those are good ideas. The rest not

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kid Taylor.5479

Kid Taylor.5479

I am against any and every gold and material benefit you get from owning keeps. If that happened, I would be the first to make multiple shell guilds and take over everything myself.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I’m all for things that make guilds work harder to defend a keep, but not for anything that makes people do it for greed.

WvW should be about Honor, not wealth.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Sure, but the player must feel he’s actually accomplishing something. Imo it would be better if we had a little more effect on the WvW world so that we can actually mean something in it. Right now one moment a tower is yours, the next it’s gone by some invisible zerg that razed it down. Right now we can claim towers and the like but nobody even thinks about upgrading them cause it costs money. So instead if you earned something by owning a castle you would automatically start fortifying it to keep it and that way it would be way more persistent. That’s just my opinion, but I think it would be a great upgrade.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Suggestions

Posted by: alamore.1974

alamore.1974

I’m all for things that make guilds work harder to defend a keep, but not for anything that makes people do it for greed.

If I was in your army and you announced that we (your soldiers) will not receive any income or compensation for killing your enemies I’d sneak in you tent assassinate you. Take control of you army and pay ‘my soldiers with spoils of war. And just for kicks I’d let then have at any captives any way they please. :p
My newly acquired army would be much happier.
Money talks friend.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

people would be more willing to defend if upgrades were perminant, never diminished, and those npc workers repaired things at a reasonable pace by themselves without player input.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

I am more in favour of this idea. Once your Guild claims a tower and uses buffs on it, then the next buff upgrade in queue to replace the one just used up, is accelerated and the cost for that buff replacement is lowered. That would encourage guilds to use the buffs over hoarding them for that “opportune” time. It would especially encourage smaller guilds to work on building buffs.

Theftwind (HoD)

in Suggestions

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I’ll agree, WvW is a huge sink hole. The cost vs. reward is unsustainable. I have to PvE just to build the wealth to be able to WvW.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

-add something that will tell me which guild owns this camp/tower/keep/sm
-message from NPCs “Our ………. is Under Attack!”

Those are good ideas. The rest not

Totally agreed.