True Auto-looting

True Auto-looting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’d like to see true auto-looting in the game:

• Auto-looting: whenever a foe dies, items are automatically sent to inventory (with the same pop-up we see now).
  • Auto-distribution: that’s the current mechanic: you press [F] and all items available for pick-up are sent to inventory.
  • Manual: the current default. Press [F] to make items available for pick-up and manually select which ones to keep.

I imagine that most players will choose the first option, a few will choose the second, and almost no one will select manual.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

True Auto-looting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Thank you… I find it odd how autoloot still requires us to, well you know, loot. Lol

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

True Auto-looting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Auto looting for wvw (ie true auto loot) would be great, don’t see it as a problem in pve, in fact I can see reasons why they would NOT want to bring it in for pve – think bots.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

True Auto-looting

in Suggestions

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Bots couldn’t care less about pressing [F] over and over again, because they are, well, bots. They are programmed to be as efficient as possible. I can’t imagine that this will speed them up significantly. However, the current setup is terrible for the player. I can’t count the number of times during a big battle when I have to choose between rezzing a player, helping to defeat trash or boss mobs, or grab that drop over in the corner — and if you don’t grab it right away, it disappears.

True Auto-looting

in Suggestions

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Yeah the disappearing loot and chests is a silly idea, it’s instanced! why can’t it stay til you’re ready to pick it up…

+1

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

True Auto-looting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teulius.8752

Teulius.8752

Auto looting for wvw (ie true auto loot) would be great, don’t see it as a problem in pve, in fact I can see reasons why they would NOT want to bring it in for pve – think bots.

My thoughts exactly

True Auto-looting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Iris.5918

Iris.5918

I completely agree. The actual setting is not logical since it’s suppose to loot automatically, plus it’s annoying. For example in dungeons when you kill a big bunch of monsters, you move during the fight so you’re not near the corpses (especially is you are a range class), the groups moves on and you have to say “hey wait I’ve got a loot at the other end of the room”…
Also sometimes you want to rez a player before he dies and…. the game only gives you the option to loot until you have picked up everything near the player. Another issue a real auto loot would solve.

True Auto-looting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

plus one from me.

Even if its for WvW i would be happy. It really annoys the kitten out of me that sometimes i am forced to correct my kiting just for the purpose of looting mid battle.

EDIT. In fact thinking about the botting issue WvW should be the only time loot is true auto…. Just to make a botters life a little harder.

(edited by Parlourbeatflex.5970)

True Auto-looting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

It would even be an improvement to auto pick up loot that you’re standing near. That way you wouldn’t need to press F, notice the loot or worry about not reviving someone. You’d never lose loot in WvW ever.

Bots are programmed to pick up anything anyway, it’s no skin off their back. The trip to the sparkly pile is the only thing that does slow them a bit.

True Auto-looting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

Have a +1 from me. I would love there to be an autoloot function.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

True Auto-looting

in Suggestions

Posted by: kendokken.3257

kendokken.3257

I agree,
I’m getting sick of all the tedious crap they implement to stop bots taht doesn’t do crap to stop bots but makes the real players life a hassle in game.

True Auto-looting

in Suggestions

Posted by: kreese.9461

kreese.9461

totally agree with this – we have discussion about this in mumble all the time

True Auto-looting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

+1
I really hate having to pick up loot before I can start a rez.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

True Auto-looting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xerius.9846

Xerius.9846

I agree. I had an idea to make mini-pets more useful, would be nice to make them auto-picking all our drops. As for now mini-pets give us nothing than show-off… and even that’s rare.

True Auto-looting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dyadem.5139

Dyadem.5139

You have my vote!

This spot intentionally left blank.

True Auto-looting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

True Auto-looting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cheatos.7820

Cheatos.7820

I have to say the one thing that is truly annoying in wvw is the lack of auto loot and the inability to even see that you have bags to loot on the ground during a fight due to the billion particles of player effects going off while you are either charging in or running for your life. in many cases i dont even see the “search” pop up because there is simply too much going on that washes out the pop up visually.

True Auto-looting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

So true. Those moments are always heartbreaking, especially when you know it was most likely your only exotic drop for months.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

True Auto-looting

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

What I want is to loot all corpses within range when I hold the F key form more than one second.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

True Auto-looting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

Oh dear that picture is heart-breaking

You see I don’t understand why the option can’t be there, if there are the 3 options mentioned then everybody will be happy, it cannot be that hard to accomplish for someone whose job it is to program :/

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”

True Auto-looting

in Suggestions

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Remember bots don’t care if its boring they are going to loot anyway.

True Auto-looting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yue.5974

Yue.5974

I would love to see Auto loot in WvW. I’ve missed out on so many bags because of the amount of invaders, spell effects and deaths :<

Character Name: Yue, Rynorr Soulshielder, Rose Yuenü and 28 others xD
Guild: The Eternal Blades Of The North[EBoN]
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks

True Auto-looting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zulyex.8017

Zulyex.8017

True! Auto loot is needed in WvW, makes it fun just concentrating on the kills without worrying about the loot

+1

True Auto-looting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Taffy Catt.2784

Taffy Catt.2784

Great idea OP, it gets my vote too.

True Auto-looting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

One of the most requested features from beta and launch that still hasn’t shown it’s face yet sadly. I really hope this gets added soon (or at all?).

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

True Auto-looting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Special K.8143

Special K.8143

When i first read this suggestion, i thought it was the samething i was thinking of. but on re-reading. it doesn’t sound like it. It sounds like its suggesting that no matter where you are when the mobs dies, loot “flies” into your inventory. I disagree with that. what i suggest is an Auto Pickup. Meaning that if you walk within range of a dead mob or bag of loot where the option of press “F to Search” were to show up, it automatically happens. But you have to at least get to the corpse to loot first.

my post describing “Auto Pickup”, give it some love: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Auto-Pickup-for-looting

(edited by Special K.8143)

True Auto-looting

in Suggestions

Posted by: MuffinPieFace.9513

MuffinPieFace.9513

I agree this would be a great feature, especially for WvW

True Auto-looting

in Suggestions

Illconceived Was Na.9781

When i first read this suggestion, i thought it was the samething i was thinking of. but on re-reading. it doesn’t sound like it. It sounds like its suggesting that no matter where you are when the mobs dies, loot “flies” into your inventory. I disagree with that. what i suggest is an Auto Pickup. Meaning that if you walk within range of a dead mob or bag of loot where the option of press “F to Search” were to show up, it automatically happens. But you have to at least get to the corpse to loot first.

my post describing “Auto Pickup”, give it some love: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Auto-Pickup-for-looting

I’d support an option for auto-pickup, too (and I have, in other posts on the topic). Worked well for Diablo; it would work well here, too.

There are three reasons I still want the option for loot to “fly into inventory:”

1. It’s still too hard to see if there’s loot lying around. In GW1, you could hold “alt” and even target loot; in GW2, it often gets lost in the environment. Until this is fixed, I don’t want to depend on random walk to find my drops.
  2. I don’t want to ever feel that I’m forced to choose between collecting loot and participating in the battle. This could be addressed by making loot remain until picked up, but currently I will miss out if I wait too long, DC, or waypoint out of the immediate area and return.
  3. I want to spend as much time playing and as little time managing inventory as possible.