Waypoint costs have to go.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

At level 80, and having been there since a week after head start, I rarely have over 1 gold.
Here’s how my decision making process works:

WvWvW? Well, currently we’re up against a really tough server, and if I’m lucky, after 4 hours of play I may have made between 20-40 silver. That’s before factoring in repairs. Is it worth it for me to do WvWvW? Nope. Scratch that then.

Help low level guild members in low level areas? Well, I’m in Orr, so it’s going to be a port back to LA from the Mists first, then probably at least a 2 silver charge to waypoint to them, or I can run to their location. Once they’ve completed an event I’ve helped them with, the cost of waypointing for them is so low they don’t even consider it a charge, yet again, even if it’s the nearest waypoint, I’m facing almost 2 silver to keep up with them. On top of that, most of the drops won’t be appropriate to my level, I certainly won’t be getting top tier crafting materials, and low level events don’t give as much karma or cash as Orrian ones.
Yeah, I’ll stay in Orr thanks.

Dungeons?
Ha. Ha. Ha. Don’t make me laugh.

So, Orr then?
Oh, there’s only one truly level 80 area and most of the events are broken, let alone which, fine crafting materials have such an absurdly low drop rate, I get maybe one of each per hour. If I’m lucky. Still, it’s my best option.

Guess I’m an Orrian-bound pauper and I should be happy with my lot.

I love this game, I really do, but the epic warrior hero who help saved the world from the elder dragon Zhaitan?
Yeah, you’ll see him grubbing around in Orr desperately eking out a living from selling trophy items dropped by zombies better off than he is.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

I wouldn’t mind a cost, if it was a couple copper. The problem is, an across the world WP costs upwards of 4s at level 80. That’s nuts. I basically can’t spend much money in the world for fear that if I do, I won’t have enough LEFT to WP around.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Agenda.7935

Agenda.7935

I dont get this 4s is bacially nothing even if you jump around WP:s, because making gold in this game doesnt even require you to leave LA. Maybe it is peoples that complain here are the ones that are killing economy in GW2 right now, most of awesome gold sources have been ruined at the moment due insane undercutting.

All i can say is with gold you can make even more gold and more gold and more gold untill you are drowning in gold.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GADefence.5634

GADefence.5634

“I make awesome gold as long as no one else knows where I get my gold and I take all of theres but once peopel figure out where my gold making spots are the game’s economy is ruined since I only have as much gold as them so that’s why the economy is perfectly ok”.

Yeah, good point agenda = /

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

I’m only at level 18, but I had been saving my materials and only casually collecting them. I just decided to sell them all, and I managed to make about 75s just in materials (not including any other random stuff I decided to sell as well). Not bad! It did make me breach my first gold. I didn’t realize making money was that easy.

Nonetheless, I still thing WP is flawed. The costs should be based off of the level of the map, not the level of the character. Some kind of cap should be made for long distant travels (such as 1s, or 75c each way).

The idea that the richer people should pay more is “okay” in theory… But I compare it to Pokemon. When you play Pokemon, regular Pokeballs cost the same throughout the game, no matter what level your Pokemon are at. However, the further you get, the more Pokeball options there are and the better they are. You pay a higher fee for the better Pokeballs. Just an example… I think that if you’re paying so much for travelling, there better be some kind of bonus, or perk. Maybe not a buff, but at the very least that what you’re paying is based on distance, not level.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Agenda.7935

Agenda.7935

“I make awesome gold as long as no one else knows where I get my gold and I take all of theres but once peopel figure out where my gold making spots are the game’s economy is ruined since I only have as much gold as them so that’s why the economy is perfectly ok”.

Yeah, good point agenda = /

I dont mind if peoples start to figure out what sells good but the main problems is the undercutting, because you dont need to do that in this game as it uses stack system. When you undercut large amounts in this game you are only nerfing your own income and others aswell. This is not WoW where you goodies needs to be first on the list.

Oh and theres absolutely no point UC:ing high demand items at all.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Calsie.2501

Calsie.2501

Agree 100%. Waypoints are too expensive. They don’t need to be free, but they shouldn’t discourage us from moving around the game world. Needlessly irritating travel was the final straw for me in SWToR and I’m feeling that same grumpiness when I want to go somewhere in GW2.

Put the gold sink somewhere else please. We need to be out in the world.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Beaster.4531

Beaster.4531

Agreed, I’m paying as much as 5silver to travel from waypoint to waypoint

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

In the end, why is there the game-gold after all?
There is no game economy. Its just a trick to make the game look more complex.
Nobody needs anything to produce something.
Nobody pays anyone to make those things.
A merchant will always buy the things from players and they will never sell them to anyone else. These things will just magically go back to the places where they have been taken from: a foe, a tree, etc.
So where do these merchants get the money to buy all the things from? They are not payed by anyone for the job they do. They just have money.
Well, guys, I’m sorry to break this to you, but the game economy its just a software that is programed to “print” or “burn” any amount of gold in different forms. The incomes are not materially sustained. No NPC gets richer or poorer, and 99.99% of the spawning foes will always have a loot on them. The rest are just for filling up the scenery.

And now to get to the point.
The economy can be expressed by A=B+C
where
A = money on foes, rewards etc
B = player’s inventory money
C = NPC merchants money
In this equation, only player inventory is variable (some save golds, some don’t) but the other two numbers are controlled by the software.
So, if we extract B=A-C and B always has a Max limit, so A and C will vary only between these limits.
The extreme cases are
1. B is maximum when all players have the inventory full at max 999g 999s 999c
2. B is minimum when no player will ever collect anything which would be 0g 0s 0c

In this way, payments on waypoints, trade sales, etc, are just making the system feel “real” when in reality its a matter of simple arithmetic

Point is, they don’t need any of this artificial costs, they can balance it by the merchants and foes. Rewards are a constant and TP is a money exchange between players’ inventories so they don’t change the equation

(edited by Ronah.2869)

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaKnight.1340

NinjaKnight.1340

Also, they said that waypoint traveling cost was supposed to be TRIVIAL. The way it is now, it costs more than an event gives you, even with a gold rating(?).

I always make way more on an event than the WP cost. The only exception usually is when the event is one Champion boss or I die multiple times.

The amount you make is dependent mainly on how many mob you kill. If you are with a decent sized group the mob go down reasonably fast and before you know it your inventory is full.

One tip is to map your F key to either the middle or 4th mouse button (if you have a 4 button mouse) That way you can be strafing around killing mob without having to stop while you pick up loot.

That being said, I think perhaps the costs should go down a bit, perhaps 20-50% less. I don’t think they should go away altogether though. Gold sinks are good, and this is a convenience not a necessity.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eladriel.7295

Eladriel.7295

There is enough gold sink in this game. I have to agree the waypoints should go. After all the teleport system in GW1 didn’t cost anything.

Together we stand in the face of evil!

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaKnight.1340

NinjaKnight.1340

There is enough gold sink in this game. I have to agree the waypoints should go. After all the teleport system in GW1 didn’t cost anything.

This isn’t GW1. I hated GW1 but I like GW2.

Discount the costs but I don’t think they should be totally free.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

They shouldn’t be free. I don’t see any problem with having to pay something. I like to actually walk around, and if I need to travel quickly, then sure… Give up a few coins for now. I don’t mind. It isn’t an inconvenience to walk around – it’s fun! I’ve encountered so many random events this way. Please, GW2 team… Do not get rid of Waypoint costs. Decreasing them, however, for those of us who need to travel long distances would be nice.

in Suggestions

Posted by: lukejoe.1592

lukejoe.1592

They can increase waypoint costs for all I care, but they need to quadruple the actual number of waypoints in the game.