We Charr Demand For More Attention !

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teraphas.6210

Teraphas.6210

Biggest thing for me is finding a helm for my female charr. Most of the time it looks like they get the male helm which is a problem as the female muzzle and overall head seem to be sleek and narrow resulting in gaps along the sides and the eyes often beliw the eye holes

You can’t spell Slaughter without Laughter

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arkham Creed.7358

Arkham Creed.7358

Dear Charr Legions,
We Engineers are going to be holding a rally in Lion’s Arch, in protest of having less manpower devoted to fixing issues (both cosmetic and mechanical) due to having fewer players in the Engineer class…which may well be preventing more people from playing it, leading to a self-perpetuating “Let’s look somewhere else” machine.
I could go on a rant about this, but I’d really rather just get to the point.

So, without further ado…
I’d like to ask the Charr Legions to attend the rally, as it appears we have the same problem.

• When: 9/17/2013; At present, it’s essentially intended as an all-day thing, with people coming and going as they please.
  • But GTAV releases that day: GTAV’s release should not cause an issue in getting the staff’s attention – Anet staff will still be working, in order to hotfix issues, and surely enough of the playerbase to make a showing won’t be playing GTAV on their PCs.
  • Where: Lion’s Arch, possibly Mystic Forge. We haven’t selected target servers, so feel free to make suggestions.

For further information, the original thread regarding the subject of the rally is here.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/The-first-annual-Hobo-sack-protest-rally/first#post2788540

I’ll just quote this to reiterate your invitation to join us for our rally. Target servers are selected to be Anvil Rock and Ring of Fire, so guesting shouldn’t be an issue. We’d welcome everyone who wants to join us and stand for our cause (equal treatment regardless of how many people play our profession or race). So far it seems like we’ve already gotten some attention from the developers, as some patch notes mentioning engineer fixes just-so-happened to “leak” at about the same time the view count on my thread started to climb.

Arena Net is watching. Stand with us and make your voices heard, rather than be ignored in this forgotten sub-forum.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

I recently deleted my lvl 80 fully exotic and ascended geared Charr Guardian because I just couldn’t take the horrible clipping issues, vanishing horns and manes anymore. And I have never, in any game before, ever deleted a max level, fully geared character. For ANY reason. That should say a lot…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neverathome.8349

Neverathome.8349

+1 for the op

many issues:-Floating shields,-T3 gloves clipping with most of the shield’s,-axe’s, left axe smaller than right axe,..and so on.

for charr people with the legendary juggernaut,radiant gloves disappearing when T3 chest is equiped,only work’s with the cof chest so far i think?

a verry good post,

kind regard’s

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Few things that may or may not have been addressed already:

• shoulders, especially on females, will float so far above the actual body that it looks downright comical
  • back pieces- pretty much the same problem as shoulders, and affects both genders (moreso on skinnier charr)
  • When unloading dual pistols with the engineer toolbelt skills (charr racial- hidden pistol toolbelt version) the pistols shoot straight at the sky. 100% reproducable so it’s not some random bug, it’s a verified glitch.
  • Tails clip through everything, even cultural armor with the tail-hole designed in (although mildly)
  • Headpieces rarely ever fit charr properly, they are either awkwardly stretched, clip (especially on ones that cover eyes like the aetherblade skin- medium). They also don’t fit properly at the bottom such as hooded pieces (sometimes they float off at awkward angles and even though they may be part of a set they don’t look like it because of that)
  • When wearing a helm that might not cover the whole back of the head/neck area, any hair or decorations are removed so it looks as though the charr has no head-hair (not the same as base fur) at all. I know this happens to other races sometimes too, but it’s much more prominent on charr since the hairline is so long and we have many available decorations that actually appear in the neck area rather on the head.
  • horn issues everywhere…nuf said
http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

(edited by Nay of the Ether.8913)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Greyfur.1082

Greyfur.1082

Darn I missed this I was busy with work and never saw this post.

(edited by Greyfur.1082)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sedoks.3576

Sedoks.3576

Ummmm… Ty for the support guys ! Really appreciate it ! \o/

in Suggestions

Posted by: lukejoe.1592

lukejoe.1592

They need to be reanimated. I’ve made two Charr characters and deleted both of them before lvl 10 because I can’t stand to watch them run. The Charr warrior I made didn’t make it to lvl 4 because the sword animations are just that bad!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Elric of Grans.7684

Elric of Grans.7684

Almost all Charr armour looks terrible, which is horridly disappoinging. Even Gem store stuff looks terrible, so I cannot even PAY to look good! WTF?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Mmm there’s nothing quite like opening a topic and having your attention drawn to the crotch of a giant cat.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Suggestions

Posted by: roque.5162

roque.5162

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but this is how the ascended armor is going to look on charr.

Heavy: http://i.imgur.com/ygwTZGS.jpg
Medium: http://imgur.com/KteuoJ0&kiAgPJm&wa1zxQL#1
Light: http://imgur.com/KteuoJ0&kiAgPJm&wa1zxQL#2

This is no longer an issue. this is an insult. I CAN SEE MY BLOODY KNEES AND ELBOWS. What the kitten is this Arenanet? Why the kitten did you even have the bloody idea of making Charr playable if you are not going to put the LEAST EFFORT into armor design?!

This is just bullkitten. Nothing more. “We fixed the stretching by making your plate armor shrink after doing laundry.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

oh… Charr have a problem …

as with the Asuras …

frowned … too much fun, not serious.

Attachments:

# Asura because I’m worth it!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but this is how the ascended armor is going to look on charr.

This is no longer an issue. this is an insult. I CAN SEE MY BLOODY KNEES AND ELBOWS. What the kitten is this Arenanet? Why the kitten did you even have the bloody idea of making Charr playable if you are not going to put the LEAST EFFORT into armor design?!

This is just bullkitten. Nothing more. “We fixed the stretching by making your plate armor shrink after doing laundry.”

You have to keep one thing in mind, on a big suggestion like this, the update if anet decided we were right, would take at least around half a year to make with new textures, code, animations, etc. On top of that by now, they probably already have the updates until april of next year done and slotted, and are already working on other things.

in Suggestions

roque.5162

You have to keep one thing in mind, on a big suggestion like this, the update if anet decided we were right, would take at least around half a year to make with new textures, code, animations, etc. On top of that by now, they probably already have the updates until april of next year done and slotted, and are already working on other things.

While I do not discredit anything you said (and I honestly hope you’re right), you missed my point. Yes, it would take a good while to update everything we’ve been requesting for. But if you check the screenshot links in my last posts, it looks like the armor wasn’t even previewed on charr by the developers. At all. It’s simply insulting. Please, just look at the heavy armor. The helmet is pretty much a mask and doesn’t even cover your lower jaw. You can see your elbows an knees and the boots just look awfully stretched and completely unnatural.

I am not asking for a huge model update (even if I do expect it) all I want is them to put a little bit of consideration when creating new armor designs. They can do similar sets for male and female, why not one for charr with very few but noticeable variations to make it FIT THE BODY? Hell, the asuras can’t complain all that much because they have humanoid skeletons.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seraph.6145

Seraph.6145

I hate Charr, and I love killing them!
Therefore, I shall support this thread!
Make my hated enemy a worthy enemy!
Let them look glorious in their armors!
Can’t respect an enemy who looks silly!
I vote for Charr Revamp!
/signed

in Suggestions

Posted by: Scar.1793

Scar.1793

if only there wasn’t so many perverts playing human females just to see their bouncing boobies in skimpy outfits…
Seriously I hate these guys è_é

in Suggestions

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

if only there wasn’t so many perverts playing human females just to see their bouncing boobies in skimpy outfits…
Seriously I hate these guys è_é

The joke is on them. They should know that Charr have 4 times as much goodness

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

Attached image shows my problem. I can’t find any nice shoulder/coat skins that doesn’t also clip through eachother. Ultimately hid the shoulders ~_~
More love please~

Attachments:

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

in Suggestions

Posted by: Greyfur.1082

Greyfur.1082

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

+1. Make some armor specifically designed for Charr, please. I have two, because I believe ANet intends to respond to this issue. Don’t let me down, ANet.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chris.4670

Chris.4670

As it was in GW1, casters were upright, melee hunched

Charr can stand upright (they do in various emotes), but it’s uncomfortable for them. Do you want an uncomfortable charr? :P

Well they did that in GW1 so seems like some charrs really enjoy it to stand up like that and its quite comfortable hehe

When i heared the first time about playing as a charr i actually thought about both styles of them, the casters and the meeles and i was really excited but when i realized they just implemented the meele version i was a bit disappointed.
While male and female charrs even have the same sets of armor it just would be nice that we could at least select the anatomy of the charr.

I also just can agree to those clipping issues with shoulder armor, it often doesn’t fit like some back items (like tequatl wings) not even connected with the back.
Just don’t rush yourself with bringing new content, leave atleast one not so lazy employee free so he can work on stuff like that

Support the Charr \o/

in Suggestions

roque.5162

Honestly, while I’d love if my charr stood upright, I’d be happy if it was a little less hunched. Either way, the hunched pose is lore tied so I tolerate it.
Remember that GW1’s charr who stood upright were the flame shamans who worshiped the Titans. These shamans were pedant prideful charr even towards their own kind which was frowned upon. Once these shamans were cast away and degraded, the rest of the charr refused to stand upright as a sign of rejection to their behaviour and attitude.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teraphas.6210

Teraphas.6210

I would just be happy if my charr didn’t look like they are sitting there thinking ‘I will kill you for putting this on me’

Maybe it’s just me but looking at the attachment above About the new Armor that the charr doesnt look resentful kitten ed and sad they are forced to wear it? Maybe it is jus the slumped shoulders but it makes the charr look tired and weary not fierce and dangerous

You can’t spell Slaughter without Laughter

in Suggestions

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

+1
I’m sick of my female charr’s shoulder armor floating. Since female shoulders are smaller then male shoulders, yet all charr armor is set to male shoulder proportions, the float on female charr is HORRIBLE. And even male charr suffer the issue.

I’m sick of always having to hide my helm because it cuts off my charr’s horns and mane

I’m sick of all the boots just looking like big square blocks on charr feet

I’m sick of the fact that, after I bought my elementalist a T-2 head covering, I can’t even wear it because her eyebrows clip through the top

And I’m sick of seeing that every new armor which comes out has all the same clipping, stretching, and floating issues as the previous one

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vakrir.4829

Vakrir.4829

Don’t worry guys, I’m sure we’ll get a reply on this one.

;_;

in Suggestions

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

Hell, even the future new skins are ugly for charr …

and ridiculous for asura.

Grmfl! I wish I had a charr in front of me, beautiful…

# Asura because I’m worth it!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

So, how does it feel to get some attention? The new Halloween even is happening in the Black Citidel

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker