We Charr Demand For More Attention !

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sedoks.3576

Sedoks.3576

In these dark days for Charr we are here to show that we wont stand the lack of respect ArenaNet treats us with ! We want shields that don’t float on our backs ! We want leggings that our tails won’t clip through ! We want helmets that support horns and hair ! Stand up my fellow Charr, gather everyone who is willing to help us in this long and unending battle, because today WE ARE MAKING HISTORY !! LETS SHOW THEM THAT WE ARE RELENTLESS AND WONT GIVE UP !! FOR THE CHARR !!! /threaten

1. When we move the lower armor part stretches out alot.
2. There are some clipping issues with the chest and the helm.
3. When we are in water and we move our hand to swim the shoulder gets smaller and bigger also the back armor stretches alot.
4. Shields float.

Remember we are talking about tier 3 cultural Charr armor here… It should be designed to look perfect on Charr, but as we see here that is not the case…
At the moment heavy armor worn on Charr stretches like cloth…

Charrs need overhaul for sure… the number of players playing them shows that clearly… the race is just too glichy and armors look really bad on them…

GW2PAX Video – Charr Armor Question - 03:28:00

‘’ Ofc providing better armor for all races is important to us. That includes the Charr ’’

Why don’t we have better armors then? If you guys really mean that why haven’t you fixed at least some of the issues we still have… I demand ArenaNet to take action on this!

To ArenaNet: I know you guys have bigger projects to work on, but maybe you should dedicate more time and resources to fix the race. Why even bother to put a race in the game if you’re not willing to give them love, care and effort ?
Why Charrs Are Ignored?
We Had Enough Of Tail Clipping

Attachments:

(edited by Sedoks.3576)

in Suggestions

Sedoks.3576

Charrs in concept art don’t look that much hunched like the ingame ones. Make the ingame ones stand little bit more upright. I understand that the hunch should not be removed totally because it is part of the Charr physiology, but many of us will agree that Charr are actually too hunched. The concept art shows how a decent hunch should look like. Come on ArenaNet we don’t want Charrs to look like Orcs from WoW :/
I would also want to see more body showing off on some of the armors like in the concept art. New Charr cultural tier 4 armor looking like the first picture would be awesome !!
Oh and also scars on the body or the head as customization option…
^ But those are things I personally want to see in the game and I am sure that most of the people wont disagree.

Attachments:

(edited by Sedoks.3576)

in Suggestions

Sedoks.3576

Lets talk more about Charrzooka now.

Many people think that the item Charrzooka needs orverhaul. Here are some ideas:
1. Fix the placement of the smoke that comes out when you shoot… atm its somewhere in the middle.
2. Fix the texture, because it looks low resolution atm.
3. Do changes to the handle.
4. Change the way players hold the gun and the way its positioned on your back so it doesn’t sink in the ground that much.
DON’T JUST SIMPLY MAKE THE GUN SMALLER ! IT MUST BE MIGHTY ITS CHARRZOOKA !

It looks really funny atm… its just smaller version of the Charrzooka item… did you guys ran out of ideas there? Come on… Change the name and make it look like the big cannon that the Charr from the concept art is carrying…

Attachments:

(edited by Sedoks.3576)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Quizotic.2815

Quizotic.2815

…….. even with the hunched back id tap that thumps up and winks

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Charr armour in general needs more attention (it have got some – thumbs up for that, but need far more)… It clips tails and horns, removes horns ears and manes and stretches like crazy sometimes… I post one sad clipping I saw last day…. Look t the sword on the charr standing to the right…

I’m fine with my charr but I have had to:
- Choose the right physique, to avoid Shoulder piece problem and weapon hovering (nr 3 in female charr)
- Carfully choose armour, to avoid clipping stretching and so on… (wich leaves me with very few choises)

Then there is a matter of taste comming into this of course too. Hopefully that will be the Only one thing that makes u decide what armour to use in the future. Well – it should be at least.

Attachments:

Kima & Co

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

fix the armor sure but the only thing the char need is a good genocide to wipe them out . Never liked em never will.

in Suggestions

Posted by: NeyteriKiyeri.4207

NeyteriKiyeri.4207

yeah, The charr need indeed some fixing like clipping, on the ears, tails and horns. most of the armor don’t fit on a charr

Follow your heart and your dreams won’t be far behind.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Revlack.9780

Revlack.9780

Charrs in concept art don’t look much humped at all like the ingame ones. Make the ingame ones stand little bit more upright. Come on ArenaNet we don’t want Charrs to look like Orcs from WoW :/

True story!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Greyfur.1082

Greyfur.1082

The Charr are the best beast race in any MMO, especially the females (until Rox but that’s a different issue) they should be treated as such. Gives a couple little fixes every so often and we might let the humans stay on our planet.

in Suggestions

Sedoks.3576

The Charr are the best beast race in any MMO, especially the females (until Rox but that’s a different issue) they should be treated as such. Gives a couple little fixes every so often and we might let the humans stay on our planet.

The concept of them is really cool idd. They are very interesting race, but i think they are implemented poorly in the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sir Samsonknight.5916

Sir Samsonknight.5916

I agree with everything here. If they changed the Charr to the way they looked too in the concept art I think ArenaNet would see a lot more people playing them. They look super kitten in the concept art!

in Suggestions

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

I don’t think most charr players are demanding a redesign, but just some consideration. It doesn’t take that much thought by the artists to add ear and horn holes in new helmets for charr, or a tail hole for pants. It’s really not that hard, ANet.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Red Tree.1936

Red Tree.1936

I don’t think most charr players are demanding a redesign, but just some consideration. It doesn’t take that much thought by the artists to add ear and horn holes in new helmets for charr, or a tail hole for pants. It’s really not that hard, ANet.

If the video linked in the first thread linked by the original poster is to be believed (A Response To Charr Armor), it would appear even that is too much.

I’ve almost exclusively played charr for a year making do with the very scant armor choices I’ve had, but for ArenaNet’s own art director says out loud on a Q&A panel that the needs of charr players aren’t as valuable because fewer people play them makes me look at the whole game and the whole company in a different way. It ceases to be merely a matter of the armor for an entire race being lazily slapped together and becomes more a matter of a jaw-dropping lack of respect for the players in general.

And don’t ask that this thread be moved to the charr forums, as no one will see it there. People know life is rougher for charr players, but they need to know why. I’ve talked to players about this who exclusively play humans and even they this isn’t right. So if you have friends who don’t even play charr nor do they plan to, they should at least know that the issue with charr armor is just a symptom of ArenaNet considering their player base in the same way one would consider livestock. I know that’s par for the course for huge companies, but if ANet is going to pretend to value their customers, they should at least make a more convincing show of it.

Though it’s been stated and re-stated, what we want isn’t for charr to be treated like special snowflakes while everyone else gets neglected, (and if that IS what you want, that’s a bit unreasonable) because then we have the same problem, just reversed. But I don’t think it’s at all unreasonable to want all players to have the same access to armor skins (amongst other things) regardless of what race they chose to play. Yup, that means doing something about asura helms and boots.

The worst thing is that they don’t seem to notice the loop they’re creating. By ignoring the charr, they make the race less appealing to those who might otherwise be interested in playing them, thus lowering the charr player population percentage and…using it as justification to ignore the charr further.

As said before, almost all of my characters are charr, but if, hypothetically, I found out that humans were getting short-changed and neglected because they have a smaller player base, I’d be very uncomfortable with that. And I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one who thinks this way. More people need to know. And more people need to speak up.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aeon.1674

Aeon.1674

One of the issues I found with my Charr Warrior was that he wasn’t standing straight enough…. Leading to the armor not getting properly shown… So I made a human…

However I support this, but I don’t think a complete overhaul is needed, just a bit love here and there…

Also Sedoks, that Charr on the attached pictures looks just perfect!

in Suggestions

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

I can’t believe in the livestream they actually said that Charr get less attention because we’re the least played race. Basically saying “yeah those clipping and other issues will be ignored because we gotta focus on humans being pretty since most people play those.”

Unreal.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nighty.8247

Nighty.8247

At this point I’m more sad than angry about charr armor always being glitched. If they can’t fix severe problems like connection issues, server speed, infamous camerawork, sound working only when it feels like it, unresponsive controls etc. that cripple the game since the launch, then I don’t think they’re gonna pay any attention to our model issues. Yet with every update I hope they’d fix maybe one of many problems with the proud, strong, fluffy and clearly unfinished charr race, but all I see is adding more bugs and glitches to a list that’s been only growing since the first beta. I don’t want a new content if the character I’m playing that content has a tail going right through her coat, shoulderpads permanently disabled since level 20 becouse they look like a joke, paws clipping through shoes, weapons floating around her like satelites around a planet and armor clipping through the body in every possible and some impossible places. ANet’s response, or more lack of it, shows that they’re in their own world, ignoring almost all the feedback and adding new features often nobody wanted. Are they even aware they running a huge MMO game, not a piece-of-art independent title? You have my voice on the matter and my +1 but I highly doubt any of this is going to change for the better.

TL;DR I’m sick and tired of lack of reaction to the problem. But since it like that with every problem of this game, it’s probably not getting any better.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pavel.5192

Pavel.5192

and when you have equiped gloves with thorns and shield in hand at the same time, your shield is holey :P

4ever roaming

in Suggestions

Sedoks.3576

I can’t believe in the livestream they actually said that Charr get less attention because we’re the least played race. Basically saying “yeah those clipping and other issues will be ignored because we gotta focus on humans being pretty since most people play those.”

Unreal.

They said to all Charr players ‘’ wait… we may or may not give you some attention, because humans are better than you ’’ the polite way. At least to me it sounded like that.

(edited by Moderator)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

They said to all Charr players ‘’ wait… we may or may not give you some attention, because humans are better than you ’’ the polite way. At least to me it sounded like that.

It is not that they think the humans are better. The truth is that a big part of the player base hate the Charr. Plus, since they are a beast race, they will never be really popular. The thing is, ANet should have predicted that, so I don’t think “they are not popular” is a good excuse.
Since they decided to make they playable, now they can’t simple ignore them, IMO. If they didn’t want to bother with a beast race, they shouldn’t have made one playable to begin with.

Anyway, I don’t play as a Charr and I probably never will but I wish you guys good luck trying to be listened. With the amount of hate that the Charr get, you guys are going to need it.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

(edited by Moderator)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kjeldoran.3849

Kjeldoran.3849

@OP
uuuuuuh! 4th image is my charr!!! i posted it long time ago! how did you get it?

+1

in Suggestions

Posted by: VashingKnives.3620

VashingKnives.3620

I love the charrs a lot. Definitely my favorite race of all. One problem that needs to be fixed is traversal issues with charr. I’ve found that doing jumping puzzles are extremely difficult as a charr. When running on all 4s, it makes it difficult to figure out the bounding box/collisions for my charr.

in Suggestions

Sedoks.3576

@OP
uuuuuuh! 4th image is my charr!!! i posted it long time ago! how did you get it?

+1

I saw your post on the Charr section and stole the picture… Its good example for helmet clipping… Its hard to look at it

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ghertu.7096

Ghertu.7096

Totally agree. Personally, i don’t play charr only because armor textures ridiculously stretch. Also, funny coincidence: few days ago i though that GW1 charr concept art looks better than charr we currently have.

(edited by Ghertu.7096)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Dear Charr Legions,
We Engineers are going to be holding a rally in Lion’s Arch, in protest of having less manpower devoted to fixing issues (both cosmetic and mechanical) due to having fewer players in the Engineer class…which may well be preventing more people from playing it, leading to a self-perpetuating “Let’s look somewhere else” machine.
I could go on a rant about this, but I’d really rather just get to the point.

So, without further ado…
I’d like to ask the Charr Legions to attend the rally, as it appears we have the same problem.

• When: 9/17/2013; At present, it’s essentially intended as an all-day thing, with people coming and going as they please.
  • But GTAV releases that day: GTAV’s release should not cause an issue in getting the staff’s attention – Anet staff will still be working, in order to hotfix issues, and surely enough of the playerbase to make a showing won’t be playing GTAV on their PCs.
  • Where: Lion’s Arch, possibly Mystic Forge. We haven’t selected target servers, so feel free to make suggestions.

For further information, the original thread regarding the subject of the rally is here.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/The-first-annual-Hobo-sack-protest-rally/first#post2788540

in Suggestions

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Unreal.

In all fairness, with finite resources you can only do so much.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

I’d be really excited to see this issue finally acknowledged, being forced to wear cultural or nothing as a Charr is pretty ridiculous, as is almost every single piece of gear being designed for humans. There are 4 other races in this game, why not start adding more armour based on their cultures too?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

I’d be really excited to see this issue finally acknowledged, being forced to wear cultural or nothing as a Charr is pretty ridiculous, as is almost every single piece of gear being designed for humans. There are 4 other races in this game, why not start adding more armour based on their cultures too?

Because LS every two weeks. No one cares about small changes like that.

in Suggestions

Brew Pinch.5731

Except the majority of the posters in this thread, and the plethora of Charr and other races voicing their opinions in their specific race forums. Also everyone who participated in the Charr Armour rally in Lions Arch a month or so ago…

Unless by no-one you mean 13%+ of the community.

Living Story updates don’t change the fact that new armours are constantly being worked on, (different teams and all that) we are simply suggesting that those people take the extra time to make sure it fits Charr and if possible, build armours that suit the culture of races other than humans sometimes in the future.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I support this thread.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

The stance of the charr is just fine! Making them more upright just adds to the feeling of “puuting a cats head on a human body”… The charr straighten when they are being formal.

What is not fine is how many of the armours and other things behave on the charr – THAT is what needs to be fixed.

We are Charr and we will never give up mour existance because of some non-fitting armour! But we would very much apriciate having fitting, good looking armour and gear!!

Signed /

Ao, Oa and My

Kima & Co

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alex.9567

Alex.9567

As it was in GW1, casters were upright, melee hunched

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

Charr can stand upright (they do in various emotes), but it’s uncomfortable for them. Do you want an uncomfortable charr? :P

in Suggestions

Posted by: MAGpie.7962

MAGpie.7962

Firstly, I agree, and support this thread.

Now, Brew, have you seen the various armour on Asuara? There is NOTHING that does not look perfect on those critters. Even humans feel neglected to the amount of attention those little guys get. Believe me. Its absurd.

WE CHARR WANT MORE LOVE! A nice start would be helms that do not destroy our horns, and leggins that have holes for our tails.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

You are in no place to demand anything, Bookah. The Anetchemy will deliver what it wills. Nothing more.

But I must concur, you do look ridiculous.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phloww.1048

Phloww.1048

My main is an Asura, but I also love Charr and I agree that the felines need more attention! Can a non-Charr race support this?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alex.9567

Alex.9567

Charr can stand upright (they do in various emotes), but it’s uncomfortable for them. Do you want an uncomfortable charr? :P

I guess not :’-(

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Now, Brew, have you seen the various armour on Asuara? There is NOTHING that does not look perfect on those critters. Even humans feel neglected to the amount of attention those little guys get. Believe me. Its absurd.

I disagree. Asura ears have the same problem as Charr ears/horns/tails.
And I find it lame that many shoes on Asuras aren’t designed for Asuran feet either, they just have two naked toes sticking out of either side of the “human style” shoe. (While Charr have shoe models that were created for Charr feet.)

Add to that, various scaling issues with helmets and weapon sizes.

Asura and Charr are in the same boat, really.

(edited by Pixelpumpkin.4608)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Except the majority of the posters in this thread, and the plethora of Charr and other races voicing their opinions in their specific race forums. Also everyone who participated in the Charr Armour rally in Lions Arch a month or so ago…

Unless by no-one you mean 13%+ of the community.

Living Story updates don’t change the fact that new armours are constantly being worked on, (different teams and all that) we are simply suggesting that those people take the extra time to make sure it fits Charr and if possible, build armours that suit the culture of races other than humans sometimes in the future.

Sarcasm. Internet.

Though really all races are in the same boat besides human, which the armor are modeled after and is for. Charr and Asura both have clipping issues with armor. Besides that, Sylvari and Norn cultures do not match the human armors. While maybe not as important as charr and asuran armor clipping, it still shouldn’t be ignored that all the armor is, is resized human armors.

(edited by Rainbow Sprint.3215)

in Suggestions

Brew Pinch.5731

Sarcasm. Internet.

Though really all races are in the same boat besides human, which the armor are modeled after and is for. Charr and Asura both have clipping issues with armor. Besides that, Sylvari and Norn cultures do not match the human armors. While maybe not as important as charr and asuran armor clipping, it still shouldn’t be ignored that all the armor is, is resized human armors.

It can be hard to recognize tone via text…

I did actually try to edit my post asking whether it was a sarcastic dig at ANet’s PAX panel, but the forums were experiencing issues and it seems to not have worked…

Oh well!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ghertu.7096

Ghertu.7096

The stance of the charr is just fine! Making them more upright just adds to the feeling of “puuting a cats head on a human body”… The charr straighten when they are being formal.

What is not fine is how many of the armours and other things behave on the charr – THAT is what needs to be fixed.

We are Charr and we will never give up mour existance because of some non-fitting armour! But we would very much apriciate having fitting, good looking armour and gear!!

Signed /

Ao, Oa and My

Watch your charr’s animation while inactive and out of combat. Sometimes they stretches and stands more upright for a second. I predict, you will find they are looks just awesome this second.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lonesamurai.4852

Lonesamurai.4852

Tyr Bloodfur is angry about all the SKIRTS male Charr have to put up with in Heavy Armour skins…

Rytlock will be told about this indignity!

(Less skirted heavy armour please :P)

Owner and GW2 DJ, Sanitarium.FM
Guild Leader – Wolf Pack Samurai
Owner and admin, The Guild-Hall2.net

in Suggestions

Red Tree.1936

If it’s any form of encouragement, I’ve scraped through the slim pickings in the PvP locker a couple times in the past week and noticed that the Assassin’s medium coat skin and the Heritage heavy leggings have both been altered to make accommodations for the tail, and recently too. On the former, the short “skirt-like” segment on the back now drapes over and is weighted to the tail in the same manner as the culturals excluding the T3 light armor. On the latter, the plating on the back was simply split to allow room for the tail; a simple fix but it’s better than the tail just shooting through the metal plating like a fluffy laser beam as it was not too long ago. The Wizard light armor skin now take the tail into account as well, but I don’t know how long ago that might have been fixed, or if it was one of the very few skins that actually worked in the first place. I know it isn’t “charr-looking” armor but…it’s a viable option now.

While Daniel’s response to the charr armor question at the Q&A gave me a distressing sense that the charr armor issue is just a symptom of a much deeper problem, it’s at least good to know that someone at ANet is putting in the time to do something about this, even if this should never have been an issue in the first place. If armor skin fixes continue to occur at this rate, we may eventually be able to make our characters look the way we want.

While more armor that actually looks like something a charr would wear would be a nice thing (though who knows? Maybe our charr is an eccentric and likes to dress all fancy?), tweaking the issues that have been plaguing us for a year+ , I think, should happen first. Baby steps. Meanwhile, I’d be interested to know if any measures are being taken for the asura as well.

Hang in there, comrades. We’ve still got a long fight ahead of us.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ehragus.5843

Ehragus.5843

Having three lvl 80 charrs, I strongly support this. Having my necro standing up would be epic.

80 Necro(x2) – 80 Guard – 80 Warr(x2) – 80 Engi – 80 Mes – 80 Ele(x2)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xaton.1902

Xaton.1902

those that complain the skirt thing on charr males think of them as kitten kilts metal ones and your waring nothing underneath or somthing lol

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xaton.1902

Xaton.1902

thought kitten the word was some slang to replace a word not the actual filter lol

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lonesamurai.4852

Lonesamurai.4852

Oh I’d love a light armour for Charr that WAS a kilt, but not heavy armour

Owner and GW2 DJ, Sanitarium.FM
Guild Leader – Wolf Pack Samurai
Owner and admin, The Guild-Hall2.net

in Suggestions

Posted by: Greyfur.1082

Greyfur.1082

Some of these are in game, I recognize some as NPC gear why not start off by giving us things that are already in game.

Attachments:

(edited by Greyfur.1082)

in Suggestions

Red Tree.1936

Some of these are in game, I recognize some as NPC gear why not start off by giving us this that are already in game.

Agreed. I always look with jealousy upon the fine threads of the charr NPCs, helped along by the fact that the “cultural town clothes” charr players get for free are…not the best-looking. And the gem store stuff is both aesthetically and graphically designed exclusively for humans. I think there’s a thread suggesting something akin to cultural town clothes vendors elsewhere in the suggestion forums. If such a thing ever happens, let’s just hope ours don’t TAILCLIP.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zlociutki.9165

Zlociutki.9165

Charr horns from helemts. Where are they? Are they detachable?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I’ll admit that I’d LOVE to play a Charr. I want a kitten character with the cool lore and awesome racials that Charr have. But they look a mess curently. If they get fixed, I’d reroll a character.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)