We need capes

We need capes

in Suggestions

Posted by: whiteketchup.1750

whiteketchup.1750

Seriously no one thought of this? Cape for warriors would be awesome.

Not that I dont like the quaggan bag but common, the next best thing for a back equip is a burning book and a fractal thingy which doesn’t look awesome on a warrior wearing a crucible armor cough like me.

We really need capes. Arenanet pls . A simple black cape or dye-able cape would suffice.

We need capes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jezath.7395

Jezath.7395

Loaaaaaaads of people have thought of this and its been hashed up in different forms since release, this is prolly why u get no replys.. Do a search u will see

I agree tho we do need capes

Tis not what they can do for you
Tis only what you can do for all

We need capes

in Suggestions

Posted by: drolma.6047

drolma.6047

Yeah we all LOVED gw1 capes…. its one of those things that should have been implemented to increase continuity between the games.

“Wise people talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” -
Plato. Pity the Fool [FOOL] ~ Tarnished Coast

We need capes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Capes suck. Dinky little things. I’d rather want pelts on my Norn Warrior.

http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/home/images/armiesofWAR/chaos/Marauder/marauder-concept-03.jpg

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

We need capes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Rather not have capes…If your so in need of a cape btw..Roll a norn male,and get the t3,end of story,theres you cape.

We need capes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Toxyn.9608

Toxyn.9608

Rather not have capes…If your so in need of a cape btw..Roll a norn male,and get the t3,end of story,theres you cape.

End of story? All you wrote was a personal opinion and a tip on how a Norn might simulate a cape. This doesn’t help all the players who love wearing a cape in fantasy games. Capes are a must.

“You can’t cast dispersions on someone just because they’re wearing a cape. Superman wore a cape. And I’ll be kitten if I’m gonna stand here and let you say anything bad about him.” – Jerry Seinfeld

“The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy.”

Antonius Duarte – Elementalist – Kaineng

We need capes

in Suggestions

Caedmon.6798

End of story? All you wrote was a personal opinion and a tip on how a Norn might simulate a cape. This doesn’t help all the players who love wearing a cape in fantasy games. Capes are a must.

“You can’t cast dispersions on someone just because they’re wearing a cape. Superman wore a cape. And I’ll be kitten if I’m gonna stand here and let you say anything bad about him.” – Jerry Seinfeld

So,then how does a cape work out on Norn t3 armor with already a cape on your back ?

We need capes

in Suggestions

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

You might utilize the search function. If you do, you can see how many other threads have been created with the same subject matter.

Both Edna Mode and Anet have both said no to capes.

Have a wonderful day!

We need capes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Toxyn.9608

Toxyn.9608

Simple answer to a simple question, assuming the player can solve problems: Don’t use a cape skin if it clips with your armor. Backpacks, Books, Quivers, and the Capacitor exist for these cases. There is also the option to hide it.

Edited to bold a clause that applies to someone quoting me below.

“The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy.”

Antonius Duarte – Elementalist – Kaineng

(edited by Toxyn.9608)

We need capes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

Yeah we all LOVED gw1 capes….

No we don’t all love capes. If fact one of the most popular things to do is ask people to turn them off to reduce lag in 99% of the games that have them, so whats the point of them then?

AR

We need capes

in Suggestions

Posted by: kodesh.2851

kodesh.2851

Capes. Yes, please. You guys could make a kitten fortune in the gem shop if you released them there first.

Sizzap – Asura Mesmer, Dragonbrand

We need capes

in Suggestions

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

Do you remember Thunderhead? Tall, storm powers? Nice man, good with kids. November 15th of ’58! All was well, another day saved, when… his cape snagged on a missile fin! Stratogale! April 23rd, ’57! Cape caught in a jet turbine! Metaman, express elevator! Dynaguy, snagged on takeoff! Splashdown, sucked into a vortex! No capes!

We need capes

in Suggestions

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

Kinda neutral on the subject. I liked their implementation in GW1, where they’re purely guild based. If they did that here too, I certainly wouldn’t be complaining about the addition.

But, it’s not happening unless they’re going back on another thing they’ve stated.
Posted this on an older cape suggestion thread, so copy/paste =

Izzy strikes again.

Guild-Wars2.info: Why did you decide to implement guild back packs instead of capes like we saw in the original Guild Wars?

Izzy: After 250 years, guild fashion has had to adapt and change, especially as more diverse races started working together. The charr, for example, are not a big fan of the capes as they get in the way when running on all fours. The asura have calculated that capes increase the chance of fumbling in combat by 34.76819011% and thus avoid them at all costs.

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

We need capes

in Suggestions

Caedmon.6798

Simple answer to a simple question, assuming the player can solve problems: Don’t use a cape skin if it clips with your armor. Backpacks, Books, Quivers, and the Capacitor exist for these cases. There is also the option to hide it.

That would make norn males wearing t3 the only players unable to wear capes,it doesn’t work like that.Also dont use skins if it clips ? Dude…hammer clips,gs clips,shields clips,should i stop using them aswell ?And what do you even mean with Backpacks exist for these cases?. That doesn;t make any sense whatsoever

We need capes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

SUPPORT -a-a-a-a--a

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

We need capes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

It would be nice to wear ANY armor model you want and still have a guild emblem showing. Right now we are stuck putting a guild emblem on a single armor model.

Cloaks would help…

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

We need capes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sabertooth.2374

Sabertooth.2374

to be honets capes for medium and light armor players wouldnt look very good because most of the gear is robes and coats , fair enough heavy armor would look good with cape.

We need capes

in Suggestions

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

idk they would look awful on charr unless they didn’t end up being traditional capes.

they’d need to be tailored to every class.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.