Weapon Profesionalism

Weapon Profesionalism

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eli The Yahoo.9782

Eli The Yahoo.9782

I think a another “layer” of progression can be weapon progression (Profesionalism).
the more you use it – the better your damage is with it, the more you kill varaiety of mobs with it the more it damages that type of mobs.

what do you think?

Weapon Profesionalism

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silverdawn.8947

Silverdawn.8947

You become more effective with a weapon over time as you (the player) learn how the skills work together or the various ways each individual skill can be used. Players also develop muscle memory, so they are more likely to activate the right skill at the right time. Your goal of more effectiveness with a specific weapon over time is met without adding a single game mechanic.

Increasing the damage of weapons through use will make the end-game easier (by increasing damage without increasing monster power) or the early game harder (by increasing both), and I already think the end game is too easy and the early game is too difficult. Weapon Professionalism is just power creep.

Weapon Profesionalism

in Suggestions

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

lf1 cof warrior flame legion prefessional only

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

Weapon Profesionalism

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Something like that could have been included into the current achievement system. (+% Dam vs. or -% Dam received from the slayer achievements, though I would have preferred a more cosmetic bonus from the weapon-master ones [get a weapon rack to store skins to pull out later]).

Though Sliverdawn and Envy bring up the immediate downsides. Even something small like +5% dam would add up.

Weapon Profesionalism

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eli The Yahoo.9782

Eli The Yahoo.9782

According to what you are saying, there’s no need for level progression as well…

You become more effective with a weapon over time as you (the player) learn how the skills work together or the various ways each individual skill can be used. Players also develop muscle memory, so they are more likely to activate the right skill at the right time. Your goal of more effectiveness with a specific weapon over time is met without adding a single game mechanic.

Increasing the damage of weapons through use will make the end-game easier (by increasing damage without increasing monster power) or the early game harder (by increasing both), and I already think the end game is too easy and the early game is too difficult. Weapon Professionalism is just power creep.

Weapon Profesionalism

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

In fact, there’s no need for level progression at all. Levels are just arbitrary numbers used mainly to give direction to players and to avoid overwhelming them when they are just starting off

For example, a great (niche) MMO game called EVE online has no levels at all.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)