Weddings

Weddings

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eleir.9325

Eleir.9325

I propose that the Gw2 Team adds a wedding/marriage system into the game. My girlfriend and I have been playing forever, and on most MMO’s we RP and get married ingame, and it just makes the experience a bit more immersive.

I propose this being done by either one of two ways.

1. Ring crafting

You craft or have someone craft you two ascended rings (One for you and your loved one). Then you pay 15g to go to a “church of some sorts”, and then during the ceremony you get to inscribe a custom inscription into it (by inscription I mean description of the weapon at the bottom in the gray letters) and by giving it a custom name such as [Danté’s Wedding Band]. Along with this you and your partner would be able to choose whichever Pre-made stat combination for the ring (Berzerker’s Rampager’s, Knight’s, ect.)Also one last benefit to the marriage system is that when the married couple are in a party together they gain a small buff that improves a few stats. Not dramatically, but just a bit. (Kind of an after thought)

2. “Church of sorts” method

Instead of having the rings crafted you just buy the rings from the church for a balanced price such as 50g or 100g. While having all the same benefits of the last idea.

I just think not having a wedding system in the game makes it feel less living. Gw2 has always been about a “living world”, so I think it would be a bit of a neat way to add more psuedo-life to the game.

Please feel free to add onto my idea/suggestion and I want to hear your opinions as well. All that I ask is please stay tactful.

(Lv. 80 Necromancer)Ash Grimbane [MEAN] – DarkHaven

Weddings

in Suggestions

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Getting married in real life is much more fun. For about the first 6 months then it all goes down hill from there. Don't do it man! Don't do it!

The Burninator

Weddings

in Suggestions

Eleir.9325

Haha, I have yet to learn that, but I wish you luck with your future endeavors!

Weddings

in Suggestions

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

And what about gay people? Would they be excluded too?

If gay people are included, there will be huge unwanted controversy around this. It is better to not include this.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Weddings

in Suggestions

Eleir.9325

Homosexuality is already in the game in the case of the Sylvari I believe. I wrote this with intentions of having marriage open to people of all sex and race. I apologize for not stating that.

Weddings

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Homosexuality is already in the game in the case of the Sylvari I believe. I wrote this with intentions of having marriage open to people of all sex and race. I apologize for not stating that.

Sylvari and Asura have homosexual relationships.

I believe one of the leading factors as to why they haven’t (and for the time being, won’t) implemented it is because of the terse issue of homosexual, heterosexual, transexual and bisexual relationships. Within game, each respective race would have their own views about it, but there’s not much that they’re going to do about other races’ culture’s.

Weddings

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zayd Akira.1942

Zayd Akira.1942

The issue with this is how to stay true to the lore of the other races. for instance what would be the charr racial wedding/joining ceremony when traditionally they don’t have marriages? They pretty much just hook up, and send any kids off to the Fahrar or at least that has been my impression. Sylvari don’t have any kind of ceremonies of joining either, they pretty much just stay lovers until they don’t want to, or until they die. (typically from battle since no sylvari has ever died from old age yet).

Weddings

in Suggestions

Eleir.9325

I was thinking that the charr could have a sort of war pact with another charr as an equivalent.

The sylvari idea is the tricky one. They are more romantic than the charr, but they also don’t practice marriage. I would imagine something like a ceremony of lovers. Just saying they would be there to fight on each other’s behalf.

Weddings

in Suggestions

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

Bad idea.

I’ve seen this elsewhere, and I don’t want random people asking my character to marry theirs.

Weddings

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

If gay people are included, there will be huge unwanted controversy around this. It is better to not include this.

Actually, the OP made zero mention of “heterosexual” OR “homosexual”.

In fact, the OPs didn’t even disclose their own gender; for all I know, they could be in a lesbian relationship.

:P

I think the ring thing is somewhat charming. If it is called “wedding”, it should be inclusive of everybody. But I wouldn’t even go that far to call them wedding rings; I spent years wearing friendship rings together with my BFF, for instance. In GW, family members, best friends, blood brothers etc. could also share some jewellery to symbolize the special connection they have with someone. This would instantly solve any “lore” issues as well:

• Sylvari have deep interdependent relationships with others, regardless of gender; they might or might not be romantic relationships (example, Caithe & Faolain)
  • Charr have their warbands: “tighter than family”, blood brothers and similar kinship. (example: Rytlock & Logan, at some point)
  • Humans: BFFs, lovers, marriages
  • Norn: I’m sure they also have BFFs, lovers, and marriages (?)
  • Asura: I read that krewes come and go, but some of them might be more permanent; the relationship between an apprentice and master can be very tight (example: Snaff & Zojja)

In “Edge of Destiny” how Rytlock Brimstone and Logan Thackaray exchanged trinkets when they announced their brotherhood.

Something like that. It would be easy for players to use them for in-game weddings, then.

Because why the hell not.

(edited by Pixelpumpkin.4608)

Weddings

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yonder.8390

Yonder.8390

In my opinion that would be a horrible idea there is no need for marriage in this game and it would be creepy if some old man playing this game asks if he wants to marry you.
If you want marriage go play perfect world or something.

Weddings

in Suggestions

Eleir.9325

In my opinion that would be a horrible idea there is no need for marriage in this game and it would be creepy if some old man playing this game asks if he wants to marry you.
If you want marriage go play perfect world or something.

This game has always been about promoting a living, breathing world, but the one thing this game lacks is actual social interactions like that. We fight together, but I rarely talk to the people helping me in events and stuff. I think it would be cool if players are made to be more integrated into that actual living world. I would also love to have marriages for RP reasons.

Weddings

in Suggestions

Eleir.9325

Actually, the OP made zero mention of “heterosexual” OR “homosexual”.

In fact, the OPs didn’t even disclose their own gender; for all I know, they could be in a lesbian relationship.

:P

I think the ring thing is somewhat charming. If it is called “wedding”, it should be inclusive of everybody. But I wouldn’t even go that far to call them wedding rings; I spent years wearing friendship rings together with my BFF, for instance. In GW, family members, best friends, blood brothers etc. could also share some jewellery to symbolize the special connection they have with someone. This would instantly solve any “lore” issues as well:

• Sylvari have deep interdependent relationships with others, regardless of gender; they might or might not be romantic relationships (example, Caithe & Faolain)
  • Charr have their warbands: “tighter than family”, blood brothers and similar kinship. (example: Rytlock & Logan, at some point)
  • Humans: BFFs, lovers, marriages
  • Norn: I’m sure they also have BFFs, lovers, and marriages (?)
  • Asura: I read that krewes come and go, but some of them might be more permanent; the relationship between an apprentice and master can be very tight (example: Snaff & Zojja)

In “Edge of Destiny” how Rytlock Brimstone and Logan Thackaray exchanged trinkets when they announced their brotherhood.

Something like that. It would be easy for players to use them for in-game weddings, then.

Because why the hell not.

I agree with you 100% of the way. It’s an item that could be added into the living world of guild wars 2 that could add quite a bit more immersion to the game.