Whatever happens with the train..

in Suggestions

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

Not nerfing the bags, but nerfing their location. champion should spawn randomly and there should be a limit of people killing them. Why so?

1. Too much reward for something that can’t fail. It’s just impossible to fail this, it’s like standing in LA and getting free gold. You can go there gearless at level 1 and nothing will happen to you because there like 50 other people killing the same thing.

2. It’s bad for new players, exemple: he starts at queensdale, gets to level 80 and even at max level he still don’t know how to use his class. Same thing for wvw by the way : if people zerg all day long , they have no idea how to win 1v1 fights, I’ve seen some pathetic things on youtube, people are winning 7v1 in wvw because alot of them simply never learn how to PvP, they just blob up and spam 111.

3. What’s the point of those dynamic events and other zones like Orr ? If people can just stand in the same place and kill the same mobs over and over again? What’s the points of living story then?

4. The economy, people complain about precursors being 800g. If somebody stops playing for a week he is too far behind because people r making hunder of golds per day with this.

So yea, I think the champions should scale with the number of people. Exemple if it’s more than 10, then it could become harder by adding those ‘elite mobs’ . This would make open world harder if there 15 people , they will have to fight 10 elite mobs and 1 champion. Or they could simply spawn randomly on the map to avoid the whole zerg train farming them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CryxTryx.9208

CryxTryx.9208

I think champions should have built in zerk busting abilities. They detect how many players are approaching and unlock abilities accordingly.

You send 50 players at the thing BAM. 1 hits, zerg wide knock backs. Heck give ’um aoe agony.

>.>

:D

in Suggestions

a t s e.9614

I think champions should have built in zerk busting abilities. They detect how many players are approaching and unlock abilities accordingly.

You send 50 players at the thing BAM. 1 hits, zerg wide knock backs. Heck give ’um aoe agony.

>.>

No need for 1 hit aoe, just something that would kill you if you were gearless

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

I wouldn’t mind the scaling up—but just to be the devils advocate, many enjoy the champ train and if they want to play it that way, who are we to judge. If they want to run around in a circle for hours and lvl up,so what. Does that really have any drastic effect on how you play the game, or do you figure everyone should play the game the way You want them to? Does it ruin GW and the way you play?

Ps —drops have been nerfed anyway
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Nerfed-Champ-Bags-Boxes/first

(edited by Blude.6812)

in Suggestions

a t s e.9614

I know it has been nerfed, that why my post says MORE nerf. I’m forced to do this to keep up with the economy. Because people are getting gold for free. Even if I do dungeons , I don’t make more than 15g a day from it. While at champions is pretty easy to get 100g+. It does inflate the economy too much.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

3. What’s the point of those dynamic events and other zones like Orr ? If people can just stand in the same place and kill the same mobs over and over again? What’s the points of living story then?

Dunno, Anet already nerfed that when people were actually there, now there isn’t much point.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in Suggestions

Protoavis.9107

I know it has been nerfed, that why my post says MORE nerf. I’m forced to do this to keep up with the economy. Because people are getting gold for free. Even if I do dungeons , I don’t make more than 15g a day from it. While at champions is pretty easy to get 100g+. It does inflate the economy too much.

100g a day only if you’re doing like 12+ hours of it, straight, without breaks….

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

I average about 2.5 -3 Gold per hour if I sell all blues and greens. If you are getting 100G a day from this you are playing a different game than I am.
It is on par with dungeons at this point, so unless you want Anet to nerf that too, be careful what you wish for.

in Suggestions

a t s e.9614

Level 80 champions can be farmed by a gearless level 10.
Can level 80 dungeons be completed by gearless level 10? If Yes please link the video

in Suggestions

Protoavis.9107

Can level 80 dungeons be completed by gearless level 10? If Yes please link the video

Not unless they are in a party with a geared lvl 80…a gearless lvl 10 is unable to do enough damage to tag an 80 (my lvl 70 wasn’t able to tag a lvl 80 champ without partying up because of zerg killing speed)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Babychoochoo.5690

Babychoochoo.5690

Or, and this is going to sound like a radical idea, let’s not nerf champ farming.

Let’s all be completely honest here, the economy in this game has been out of whack since the very beginning before champ farming was even a thing. Champ farming has nothing to do with how things are or where they’re heading. You aren’t going to make any serious gold while champ farming unless you spend an unhealthy amount of time doing it and you get extremely lucky in the process. Let’s not nerf yet another revenue stream because there’s a group of unhappy people on the sidelines.

in Suggestions

a t s e.9614

They need to make the content more rewarding by making it harder that’s what i’m asking. If the champs scales up and becomes a massive event it would be harder, give more loot and it wouldn’t be a train, because it can spawn randomly. Nerfing the loot bag is not correct.

in Suggestions

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Oh look, another “I got everything I want in the game, let’s make it impossible for everyone else” guy.

Look, if you make the game actually harder and pointlessly grindy, people are going to look at their lives and go: “Hey, I could work overtime or do some freelance on the side and just pay my way to get what I want. I could skip getting that Starbucks latte and have 40g in game instead.”

—Or they’re just going to quit, which is more likely.

Either way, nerfing drops from an effort standpoint is incredulously stupid.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Defora.3694

Defora.3694

I feel that champions and world bosses should move more. Ofc this will not help with the issue that so many people coming into fight.

For reference here is video how tera champion moves: http://youtu.be/DFjE2fY-hlI
I am not hoping combat like tera has. Combat in tera is very static (even turn based) and that makes combat really easy when you know what pve enemy is going to do. But just idea how I would have hoped that bosses would move also in Gw2. I mean dragons/champions could use their bodies to crush people, not just stand in one place. I was happy when karkas came in to game, since they were a bit more mobile.

Could we have champions like that? Mobs that when aggroed will give hard time to you.

Necromancer | Elementalist | Mesmer | Thief || Gandara

in Suggestions

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I don’t see the problem. I’ve played the game for over a year and I wouldn’t say I know how to play my class well. I play have fun, that’s what games are about, no?

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Suggestions

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

2. It’s bad for new players, exemple: he starts at queensdale, gets to level 80 and even at max level he still don’t know how to use his class. Same thing for wvw by the way :

There are lots of people out there that have never done the queensdale/frostgorge or orr (before nerf) champ train and yet they still can’t play their class. Just saying.

In general I don’t think it needs to be nerfed. Anet has to add other options when it comes to farming gold, karma, salvage items and finishing of monthlies/dailies. Add more Instances or make them even more rewarding etc. Nerfing the train wouldn’t be a solution in the long run. Before you ask, I do not run champ trains but it’s still my opinion

in Suggestions

a t s e.9614

Well it’s obvious that people don’t like hard content. If champs are already hard then they must make them normal mobs instead of champs. How about that?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jagerbomb.9057

Jagerbomb.9057

Dislike. Some people have different play styles. Sometimes I love doing dungeons for my gold but sometimes I feel like just braindead farming while listening to music.

This is why they nerf everything, because they can’t keep everyone happy because theres aways someone complaining because someones playing different than themselves.

Just..stop..please. and enjoy the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

LoL more nerf…..you mean we need now lot more time to farm gold??Well u know unlike you it seems not all of us have 24h per day to play games and we dont want to farm for week 1 set of exotic gear.What a stupid thread,u play as u want and let us play as we want,point of games is having fun,not farming boring champions for a week just to get something.

in Suggestions

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

You’re asking for more nerfs, really? What you gonna do then, farm for a month to be able to get 100g? Stop asking for nerfs for every single thing people find profit in it. Instead rather ask for buff where there are needed. Champ train might be the most efficient method to make gold for some, but it doesn’t mean it’s out of control. You could make way more gold of cof p1, before nerf.
If you want them to nerf everything, then just quit game now, no point in playing then…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Talissa Chan.7208

Talissa Chan.7208

to OP – how many times are you going to open the same content thread but with a new title? It’s like you’re doing it weekly.
a) a level 1 newbie who’s just entered queens is going to be rather upset if every champ has a 1 hit aoe kill. Amount of people who res at champ events? few unless its the daily. So he won’t be back – screw that game.
b) champ bag grinding is close to running dungeons back to back – the only 2 ways to guarantee a return on time – think of these as effectively minimum wage gw2.

Champ bags were added for a reason, champs were being ignored in pve, too much of a pain so skip em. The bags were to help you get out there with a friend and take em down! Lots of friends = faster takedown. Zerg wins.

in Suggestions

a t s e.9614

[. Zerg wins.
[/quote]

How about skill wins instead of the zerg? Skilled players are being punished in every aspect. Just look at PvP it’s very hard to 2v1 because of the downed state.
My point is the economy shouldn’t have such a big inflation just because they are allowing this to happen. I will be forced to do this boring grind if I want to keep up with the precursor price.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Well it’s obvious that people don’t like hard content. If champs are already hard then they must make them normal mobs instead of champs. How about that?

How about you arrange and organise a very group to do teq every night. That should give you the challenge you want. But good luck with that, it’s a dead event. As for the original post, it appears that that you will not get much support.
Let the peeps play as they wish.

2ndly—you really did more than exaggerate the amount of gold to be earned.

(edited by Blude.6812)

in Suggestions

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Not nerfing the bags, but nerfing their location. champion should spawn randomly and there should be a limit of people killing them. Why so?

1. Too much reward for something that can’t fail. It’s just impossible to fail this, it’s like standing in LA and getting free gold. You can go there gearless at level 1 and nothing will happen to you because there like 50 other people killing the same thing.

2. It’s bad for new players, exemple: he starts at queensdale, gets to level 80 and even at max level he still don’t know how to use his class. Same thing for wvw by the way : if people zerg all day long , they have no idea how to win 1v1 fights, I’ve seen some pathetic things on youtube, people are winning 7v1 in wvw because alot of them simply never learn how to PvP, they just blob up and spam 111.

4. The economy, people complain about precursors being 800g. If somebody stops playing for a week he is too far behind because people r making hunder of golds per day with this.

So yea, I think the champions should scale with the number of people. Exemple if it’s more than 10, then it could become harder by adding those ‘elite mobs’ . This would make open world harder if there 15 people , they will have to fight 10 elite mobs and 1 champion. Or they could simply spawn randomly on the map to avoid the whole zerg train farming them.

1. How does this harm YOU?

2. How does this harm YOU?

3. How does this harm YOU?

4. How does this harm YOU? I call BS on the hundreds – I presume you meant multiple hundreds – of gold per day. 100 is even questionable, but I can see how it’s possible – that’s only in the most extreme/addicted cases.

TL;DR: It doesn’t harm you, so you don’t have standing to complain. Thanks for your opinion, though.

in Suggestions

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

Zerg wins.

How about skill wins instead of the zerg? Skilled players are being punished in every aspect. Just look at PvP it’s very hard to 2v1 because of the downed state.
My point is the economy shouldn’t have such a big inflation just because they are allowing this to happen. I will be forced to do this boring grind if I want to keep up with the precursor price.

aaaaand it’s about personal agenda. :|

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

in Suggestions

a t s e.9614

Don’t worry they will nerf it anyway somehow. They don’t want people grinding the same place. They nerfed CoF P1 , now nobody spams it over and over, we do different dungeons instead . Arenanet are good at nerfing so you will see

in Suggestions

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

Don’t worry they will nerf it anyway somehow. They don’t want people grinding the same place. They nerfed CoF P1 , now nobody spams it over and over, we do different dungeons instead . Arenanet are good at nerfing so you will see

k. so no need to create threads like this one.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silentstorm.7531

Silentstorm.7531

Generally what happens is we get it for a week. Then boom nerf bat to the ground. You can disregard COF1 that was there for months. But everything else in the history of the game never last long. If it’s easily exploitable anyway.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sitael.4680

Sitael.4680

A lot of … well … interessting suggestions, but

0) So you have no idea where and when a champion will pop up and if he pop up into a running fight, you will be for sure everything else but exited. Randomly mean: you have to ask on the map for other players (good), but i don’t think that is very succesfull. There is allready a limit of people can kill any mob. 150, the limit of the map.

1) It is not a free gold. You still have to do your part (damage), then this is the only way you are qualifyed for loot. And a champ event can fail, mainly because there are not enough player there to kill the champion.
For a weekend i was running a champion zerg for a couple of hours, but i never got anything else then some blue or green. Not worth running hours around and ending up with trashloot.

2) If a player starts at Queensdale and leveling up to 80 there … well, that is his/her decision. Many times and many playser use to say “LTP!” (learn to play) to others, but what would you say to someone who is saying “LTP!” to you? Do you think you are really aware of all finesses of a class, so that you are able to decide when another player is doing right or not? This is the same useless discussion as “full berserker vs. not full berserker gear&skill”.

3. What’s the point of your question?
Do you suggest, that players who do not like the LS should be forced to do it?
Again: if someone farming champions, that is his/her decision and you (or me) do not have the right to say him, how he should spend his ingame time.
And at last, they drops T6 too, and that is something you have to farm if you are working for a legendary.

4 & more.
For me it seems you are complaning about things that you can’t do. like the campions farming. just because you do not like it, or you do not have the time for it.

Since i’m playing this game (more than a year) i’v only seen 2 precursor drops. One of them was my at the Karka-Event last November. The other one droped from a normal mob during the Jubilee-pavilion for a guild member. Please note, that on the TP you see all offerts from all servers and think about it. If it would be true what you are saying, then it would be hundreds and hundreds of precurors on the TP.

I do not run the champoin zergs becaue for me it is to boring. but i do not think that is enough reason to nerv them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sitael.4680

Sitael.4680

Can you link that video you are talking about please?
You know, that video! (with the gearless level 10, who is farming level 80 champions!)

in Suggestions

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

OMG wow.

Don’t take this as an insult but…. you aren’t skilled. There are people with real skill who are fighting 1v5+ with videos on youtube.

The inflation is based on flippers sheer greed, lack of casual gold sinks and lack of new merchandise being traded from player to player than from player to flipper.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

in Suggestions

a t s e.9614

1v5 , yes nubbies in WvW with no skill probably . But show me the video of somebody winning 1v5 in tpvp?

in Suggestions

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

No. It does not.

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

It’s too late to fix anything by nerfing champ farms. A lot of people already have their legendaries and most of what they want. What this will be doing is basically capping gold to what you can earn from dungeons per day, screwing over guys who’ve not had time to build their fortunes. Nobody likes to farm champs, because it’s extremely boring, but they put up with it because it’s the most profitable way to earn, and their only chance to get a legendary or whatever in a realistic amount of time. You won’t be getting that from dungeons because of DR. And hell. dungeons are also extremely easy so it’s not as if it’s a challenge either.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silentstorm.7531

Silentstorm.7531

You know, that video! (with the gearless level 10, who is farming level 80 champions!)

They used to do that in queens pavillion all day. Basically the lvl 10’s got carried by the 80’s.

in Suggestions

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

OMG wow.

Don’t take this as an insult but…. you aren’t skilled. There are people with real skill who are fighting 1v5+ with videos on youtube.

The inflation is based on flippers sheer greed, lack of casual gold sinks and lack of new merchandise being traded from player to player than from player to flipper.

Flipping actually takes money out of the economy (the TP has taxes..) explain to me how removing money from the economy causes inflation lol.

in Suggestions

a t s e.9614

Seriously instead of trying to defend this cheesy farm , read my post carefully . I’m actually asking the champs to become a huge event instead of just spamm at one boss . It would give more loot because they coulld add elite and veteran mobs but at least it would be a bit harder so not everybody will be able to complete it .

in Suggestions

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

>.>

I… I like this idea! Maybe not so much 1 hit because LOLZERG, but, a mixed choreographed attack (different, random tells) that if you don’t dodge it, you’re done.

Besides that, golden. Make the zerg work for it. AoE knock backs and torment for all!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Abyssisis.3971

Abyssisis.3971

Game has been nerfed enough, don’t like it, don’t do it and don’t go kittening about the game asking to ruin it for those that like it.

Commander Obscura
The Bloody Rain [Rain]
Devona’s Rest

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Oh look it’s this thread again.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

They used to do that in queens pavillion all day. Basically the lvl 10’s got carried by the 80’s.

They got upscaled in there and you do NOT get upscaled by going in normal higher level areas. the Pavilion was Living World and wanted to make it accessible to everyone (reason for the upscale)

in Suggestions

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

OMG wow.

Flipping actually takes money out of the economy (the TP has taxes..) explain to me how removing money from the economy causes inflation lol.

Super simple, I put a buy order, the masses sell it to me directly filling my buy order, and I, as the flipper, sell it at a much much higher price actually making PROFIT. Who loses gold in the process? The average player (that usually farms). The point he was trying to make….

and by inflation, he meant the one you see on the TP. For instance, look at that black shield from last years Halloween (forget its name). Somebody flushed the market only making one available at the time and selling it at CRAZY prices, priced as expensive as a precursor…
EDIT: and that flipper knows nobody will contest his market bcz it is now in limited quantity (since the item is not ever returning)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Please, no nerfs…seriously. I think the champ train is a design anomaly that will self-correct as other areas of the game become equally rewarding. Anet has rightly been focusing on increased reward for play over the last months. They’ve done a good job and I’d hate to see them derail on the champ train.

in Suggestions

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Weren’t characters in the pavilion up-leveled?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Summer.6728

Summer.6728

They have already nerfed it to cater complains like these. Now if you dont like it dont do it. You are making it look like you are saying this in behalf of other players but you’re actually saying this because you plainly dont like it. Its a selfish idea that you are trying to make agreeable by others.

in Suggestions

a t s e.9614

How is that selfish? What prevents me from spamming 111 in a blob ? Nothing I could do this all day long if I wanted to but it’s just pathetic how free all the gold is . It’s almost like I’m exploiting it .

in Suggestions

Posted by: UnknownAssailant.2375

UnknownAssailant.2375

“We don’t make grindy games”- ArenaNet

gee i wonder why so many people are running the champ train then.
Nerfing it would stop many people from getting some cool stuff to kit up their character
which takes time even with the champ train

if they nerfed that I would just be doing the same thing but would get less for the same amount of time

and i would just quit because its pointless.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Summer.6728

Summer.6728

Almost. But no. Champ farm requires player unlike the wall farm thats actually doable for bots. Like i said, if you dont like it dont do it. I say it’s selfish becauuse this is your own complain, not the majority kitten just read the comments above.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mojo.7986

Mojo.7986

I think they should make it so you can only run one dungeon path a day, like world bosses. I don’t do it, so you shouldn’t either. Same logic. Champ trains are actually needed in all the zones. Especially ones like Queensdale and Frostgorge where you have something to do while waiting for a world event.

You seem to be laboring under the delusion that it is the same people running these all day, and no doubt there are some that are farming for a legendary precursor. But many, including myself, use them for dailies, monthly and as something to do that is rewarding and relaxing while waiting for world events. Also, people who can only play in spurts due to the wife and kids being around and may need you. The champion rotations allow you to back away from the game almost instantly without making anyone wait for them like a dungeon.

Speaking of Dungeons, how exactly is the champ train any different from running CoF all day? Because I don’t see it. There are likely more people, myself included, who go into other zones and take down champs guarding chests and rich nodes which are great for ascended farming . I run into others doing the same thing I am and we team up on it. Should that be nerfed because you have a personal grudge against a group of people running 12 champs in two zones?

I find the practice to be mostly benign and the few hotheads in Queensdale you get don’t know what they are doing anyway. They are almost always the cause of champs getting killed by other players and they don’t even know it. 30 people sit on that hill in Queensdale waiting for the boar and many times no one is bothered to start the event when it is up or leave Carthage to come down on his own. That wasted time allowed the other champs to spawn and other players should feel free to clear them.

in Suggestions

a t s e.9614

Champ farm requires nothing and it can be done easely by a bot . It would be way better if those champions were 90% risk and 100% reward , So we could get insane amount of gold because the difficulty would be higher.
Instead of 10g an hour , could get 30g an hour if the huge event is completed in a certain time .