Whatever happens with the train..

in Suggestions

Posted by: Abyssisis.3971

Abyssisis.3971

Free gold? Jeeze wish I knew how to get free gold by playing, everything I have found that gives gold requires me to actually play and even then the rewards aren’t worth the effort.

Commander Obscura
The Bloody Rain [Rain]
Devona’s Rest

in Suggestions

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

You want free gold? Go to frostgorge and be sure to hit 111 as often as possible . Standing in LA is actually harder because you click multiple buttons to chek your invetory , your bank , the trading post .

in Suggestions

Abyssisis.3971

Yeah, because you don’t need to check your inventory or use the trading post in frostgorge champ farming? Personally I think you need to stop talking out your behind and maybe stop buying gold/gems and actually leave your rock in LA to play to realize nerfing everything isn’t going to get you anywhere ingame.

Commander Obscura
The Bloody Rain [Rain]
Devona’s Rest

in Suggestions

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

How about skill wins instead of the zerg? Skilled players are being punished in every aspect. Just look at PvP it’s very hard to 2v1 because of the downed state.
My point is the economy shouldn’t have such a big inflation just because they are allowing this to happen. I will be forced to do this boring grind if I want to keep up with the precursor price.[/quote]
This has NOTHING to do with the topic. Champ trains are not the reason for high prices or bad game mechanics imposed by the developers.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

in Suggestions

ozmaniandevil.6805

Not nerfing the bags, but nerfing their location. champion should spawn randomly and there should be a limit of people killing them. Why so?

1. Too much reward for something that can’t fail. It’s just impossible to fail this, it’s like standing in LA and getting free gold. You can go there gearless at level 1 and nothing will happen to you because there like 50 other people killing the same thing.

2. It’s bad for new players, exemple: he starts at queensdale, gets to level 80 and even at max level he still don’t know how to use his class. Same thing for wvw by the way : if people zerg all day long , they have no idea how to win 1v1 fights, I’ve seen some pathetic things on youtube, people are winning 7v1 in wvw because alot of them simply never learn how to PvP, they just blob up and spam 111.

3. What’s the point of those dynamic events and other zones like Orr ? If people can just stand in the same place and kill the same mobs over and over again? What’s the points of living story then?

4. The economy, people complain about precursors being 800g. If somebody stops playing for a week he is too far behind because people r making hunder of golds per day with this.

So yea, I think the champions should scale with the number of people. Exemple if it’s more than 10, then it could become harder by adding those ‘elite mobs’ . This would make open world harder if there 15 people , they will have to fight 10 elite mobs and 1 champion. Or they could simply spawn randomly on the map to avoid the whole zerg train farming them.

A lot of … well … interessting suggestions, but

0) So you have no idea where and when a champion will pop up and if he pop up into a running fight, you will be for sure everything else but exited. Randomly mean: you have to ask on the map for other players (good), but i don’t think that is very succesfull. There is allready a limit of people can kill any mob. 150, the limit of the map.

1) It is not a free gold. You still have to do your part (damage), then this is the only way you are qualifyed for loot. And a champ event can fail, mainly because there are not enough player there to kill the champion.
For a weekend i was running a champion zerg for a couple of hours, but i never got anything else then some blue or green. Not worth running hours around and ending up with trashloot.

2) If a player starts at Queensdale and leveling up to 80 there … well, that is his/her decision. Many times and many playser use to say “LTP!” (learn to play) to others, but what would you say to someone who is saying “LTP!” to you? Do you think you are really aware of all finesses of a class, so that you are able to decide when another player is doing right or not? This is the same useless discussion as “full berserker vs. not full berserker gear&skill”.

3. What’s the point of your question?
Do you suggest, that players who do not like the LS should be forced to do it?
Again: if someone farming champions, that is his/her decision and you (or me) do not have the right to say him, how he should spend his ingame time.
And at last, they drops T6 too, and that is something you have to farm if you are working for a legendary.

4 & more.
For me it seems you are complaning about things that you can’t do. like the campions farming. just because you do not like it, or you do not have the time for it.

Since i’m playing this game (more than a year) i’v only seen 2 precursor drops. One of them was my at the Karka-Event last November. The other one droped from a normal mob during the Jubilee-pavilion for a guild member. Please note, that on the TP you see all offerts from all servers and think about it. If it would be true what you are saying, then it would be hundreds and hundreds of precurors on the TP.

I do not run the champoin zergs becaue for me it is to boring. but i do not think that is enough reason to nerv them.

+1 for this response…everything i was thinking. Thank you.

in Suggestions

ozmaniandevil.6805

Level 80 champions can be farmed by a gearless level 10.
Can level 80 dungeons be completed by gearless level 10? If Yes please link the video

Can you link that video you are talking about please?
You know, that video! (with the gearless level 10, who is farming level 80 champions!)

They used to do that in queens pavillion all day. Basically the lvl 10’s got carried by the 80’s.

Weren’t characters in the pavilion up-leveled?

Yes they were. I never farmed champs until the concept was introduced to me through the queens pavilion. Seems to me that ANet simply wants you to farm THEIR living story champs. Zerg is what this entire game is based on outside of PvP.

in Suggestions

Posted by: jaka.9635

jaka.9635

Why are only people that don’t want to invest time in the game complaining about champ farming?

1. " it’s like standing in LA and getting free gold. " – people have always preferred the path with the least resistance. And people forming a zerg and defeating champs is that way. Besides a zerg for me is the best way of displaying a community working together for a greater good of all involved.
This quote is the problem with “teen” members of the community. Those that are used to having everything handed to them, and not having to put any effort in anything they do – then expecting to have everything that others who put in work and effort have.

2. When you start playing a game, you are considered a newbie. As time passes and as you “play” the game, you get good at it.
Noone has ever started to play a game (even you OP – opposite of what you might think) and be extremely efficient and good at their profession.
Getting one profession to level 80, and you are now considered an expert at your profession? I think not, and you shouldn’t be, as you can level one character in 7 days.
7 days for an MMO is hardly calling it experience, is it?

3. Dynamic event in Orr are basically events where you and your fellow community members stand together and defend or attack a certain point of interest. A point which risen would like to own, but fail over and over and over, because the community stood together and prevented that from happening.
Now why would you keep doing that? First thing you should ask is why do the risen never learn? why do they keep attacking the same POI, the same way, with the same mobs? Probably because implementing smart-AI would probably take a lot of effort on a-Net’s part and they simply can’t afford it. And if the mobs are that stupid, that they keep attacking the same way and in the same intervals, you would be stupid not to take advantage of it, and “farm” them.

4. My favorite quote from the entire post:
“If somebody stops playing for a week he is too far behind”
That my friend is the point of MMOs. I never expected to come into an MMO 6,7,8 months later and have everything that those who supported the game from day1 had…
If you think that someone playing/supporting the game 8 hours per day and someone playing 2 hours per day should have the same amount of gold and materials, you must be living in another dimension or something.
Also, if you stop playing for 3 days, and i put in 21 hours of play time in those 3 days, surely i will have more items/gold than you by the time those 3 days come to an end.
Someone playing 10 hours per day will always earn more than the one playing 2 hours.
And rightly so.

So those of the “teen” members of the community please stop whining about champ train being to OP. When you were farming CoF p1, didn’t noone say kitten, Either you got with it, or you were left behind. DEAL WITH IT, it’s not a fair world we live in…

in Suggestions

ozmaniandevil.6805

We dont all have 6 hours a day to play. Ironically it is those of us with actual jobs that canafford to spend real money on gems. This is my FUN time. Stop trying to make me play like a teenager with 8 hours a day to waste on gaming.

in Suggestions

a t s e.9614

The problem is not the Zerg . Zerging can be done in a POSITIVE way . If.we are 50 people why not making this experience hardcore ? Something that you can’t get in dungeons with only 5 people . My point is : what’s the point of zerging if it’s boring because you don"t do anything . The most add a scaling system . More people = more mobs , harder mobs and more LOOT .
You guys are blind ? Don’t you want a challenging experience that you cant get elsewhere , even fractals lv 50+ could be easy compared to an event you can create with 50 people . Seriously stop being lazy , that’s why you are bored because it’saeasy nd boring as hel . As I said harder content is more fun because there’s a challenge and a risk and more loot if it’s completed . I’m honestly dissapointed by this wasted opportunity .

in Suggestions

Abyssisis.3971

Because it doesn’t work like that, just look at that failure of an event teq…

Commander Obscura
The Bloody Rain [Rain]
Devona’s Rest

in Suggestions

Posted by: Skan.5301

Skan.5301

The problem is not the Zerg . Zerging can be done in a POSITIVE way . If.we are 50 people why not making this experience hardcore ? Something that you can’t get in dungeons with only 5 people . My point is : what’s the point of zerging if it’s boring because you don"t do anything . The most add a scaling system . More people = more mobs , harder mobs and more LOOT .
You guys are blind ? Don’t you want a challenging experience that you cant get elsewhere , even fractals lv 50+ could be easy compared to an event you can create with 50 people . Seriously stop being lazy , that’s why you are bored because it’saeasy nd boring as hel . As I said harder content is more fun because there’s a challenge and a risk and more loot if it’s completed . I’m honestly dissapointed by this wasted opportunity .

We’ve seen what ANet considers hard and fun. Teq was good for 2 weeks, because it was part of the LS. After that, it’s a desert with a dedicated Guild or two killing him. As far as loot is concerned, we’ve also seen how that works.

So no, I really don’t want anything on the ANet definition of hard and fun. Because, quite frankly, it’s not fun.

And the “create your own difficulty and fun” that you talk about is a nice concept. I personally would like something like that sans the Teq experience because in essence it was a DPS race all the way through. Given the track record, we might see something like that in about 5 years. Not including push backs of up to 2 years. Also not including bug fixes and balances for at least 1 year. Basically, I’m saying it won’t happen.

“Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.”
– Euripides

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Flipping actually takes money out of the economy (the TP has taxes..) explain to me how removing money from the economy causes inflation lol.

The prices on TP (which effect inflation) are based not on the total amount of gold in economy, but on the amount of gold that ends up in the top few percent of players. Especially when we consider the more costly things, like rare skins, precursors etc. As far as uneven distribution of wealth go, flipping has always been the primary cause, with everything else being far, far second to it. Nerfing farm spots only makes sure that no non-flippers would ever be able to get in the same financial zone.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Suggestions

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Champ farming needs a nerf along with material requirements for everything like ascended.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phyxrgon.7305

Phyxrgon.7305

First it was the crying for dungeon farming nerf… now there’s crying for champ farming nerf?!

What?

Jade Quarrior – [HzH] [SF]

Tengu. Make it happen.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ragnarawk.8697

Ragnarawk.8697

This is the reason you will not get support for your ideas. You insist that your value system for entertainment be substituted for everyone else’s. The average player does not want anything to be hardcore, and especially not everything to be hardcore. People enjoy playing the game at their skill level, otherwise they would be playing something truly skill based, instead of based in socializing and collecting. For most players, killing mobs is a means to an end, not the end in itself.

Any good game will provide opportunity for it’s players to find enjoyment at all skill levels, from low to high. PvP is for the highest skilled players, farming for the lowest. I know this will be shocking, but they should both be rewarded for playing according to the metric they are correlated with. The PvP player should be rewarded based on skill, the farmer based on time played. Everything in between is a hybrid of those two metrics.

It seems there are always players who insist that the game run according to their own style, and have reward based upon what they like to do, and what they are good at.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Yeah .. lets make the whole Game like Southsun Cove .. that will of course be good for the game since everyone likes to play there.

Southsun is the best example that ANet should NOT listen to the “make it harder” fraction.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Suggestions

a t s e.9614

When precursors are going to be 5k gold , you will see what I was talking about . When you’ll be forced to grind 8 hours a day for an ascended armor piece because of the inflation , you will remember . I’ve never seen a game that allows people to have free stuff to , all they need to do is being sure that their 111 key works . Even in gw1 there was some kind of restriction , the bads wouldn’t be able to complete FoW\UW. Arenanet needs to rethink the reward system based on player’s skill and the risk he is willing to take .

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

champion farming has advantages too, like teaching people
how to utilize their class skills to run faster.
how to tag mobs better.
how to burst the boss to tag it when he is almost dead.
how to avoid getting damage from mobs so that you are not in combat slowness.
how to hone your reaction timing by waypointing etc

in Suggestions

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

I have actually been on both sides of the fence on this issue, at one time I was against nerfing and at one time for it. Now I’m really caught in the middle. Its great for knocking out monthly in a couple hours.. But I do feel the reward for such mindless playing is to much. I wish they could find a reasonable balance.

reading some of the post it seems some people want it nerfed because ppl are making easy money and they don’t want to do that to keep up.
But for those that take the argument its "free money’ for doing nothing. How is that any different that the trading post flippers?

My biggest problem with the train, is this how anet wants the game played. If so, is this what we are to expect in future content?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

champion farming has advantages too, like teaching people
how to utilize their class skills to run faster.
how to tag mobs better.
how to burst the boss to tag it when he is almost dead.
how to avoid getting damage from mobs so that you are not in combat slowness.
how to hone your reaction timing by waypointing etc

all of them are not really important or even toxic

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Suggestions

a t s e.9614

Arenanet wants us to do different content , look they forced us to do different paths . I got my dungeon master like not much after the CoF p1 “nerf”. That’s what they need to do for those champions , they must split people across the world . Even leveling is impossible through open world now , there’s nobody on the lower level maps and im on Tarnished coast , and they must make content way harder on level 70+ zones or otherwise people are reward for braindead clicking .

in Suggestions

Beldin.5498

there’s nobody on the lower level maps and im on Tarnished coast , and they must make content way harder on level 70+ zones or otherwise people are reward for braindead clicking .

And there is nearly nobody on all Server at Southsun Cove, so why can’t you just stop to wanting them to create even more such Maps that noone wants to play ?

If you want it harder .. fine .. just solo naked Vets and Champs on Southsun, but just stop to force everyone into something they don’t want to play.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

in Suggestions

a t s e.9614

If I wanted to Solo I wouldn’t play an MMO . So your argument is invalid . What’s wrong with doing diffuclt content with tons of people ? If you are bad it’s not my fault .

in Suggestions

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

looks over at Tequatl… >_>;;;

Bad loot, bad risk, bad boredom. Nope, I don’t want any more of that crap.

If you want a hardcore grindy effort and time sink game, go play Eve or something. quit suggesting making GW2 even worse to cater to your specific whims.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

in Suggestions

Beldin.5498

If I wanted to Solo I wouldn’t play an MMO . So your argument is invalid . What’s wrong with doing diffuclt content with tons of people ? If you are bad it’s not my fault .

If you can’t solo it, maybe YOU are bad at it ? (I never will understand that people really think they are “good” just for clicking mouse-keys and pressing keyboard-keys)

Wrong with difficult content is, that the constant cry for it from persons like you, gave us Southsun and new Tequatl. Both content that nearly nobody plays anymore.

So if ANet think that all they need are the player from TTS, than yes they should hear to people of your kind. If they think they better want more players, then they should stop listen to the “make it harder” crowd.

(edited by Beldin.5498)

in Suggestions

a t s e.9614

Haha nice one, read my post again Gw2 is an MMORPG, why I have to solo to get the challenge I want? They are just punching bags with 3 billion hp. Sometimes I find dungeons a bit boring and I wanted to try some open world content but it looks like it’s full of people like you that want everything given to them for free. It’s ok , I will just keep my distance from open world stuff.

Defend it as much as you want, arenanet dont want people to stay at the same place . Nerf incoming, get ready for it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TamTiTam.9574

TamTiTam.9574

Yeah .. lets make the whole Game like Southsun Cove .. that will of course be good for the game since everyone likes to play there.

Southsun is the best example that ANet should NOT listen to the “make it harder” fraction.

No, its a good example that hard Content should yield interesting rewards (and have interesting mechanics). As long as ChampionFarming is far more efficient then anything on Southshore, people will tend to prefer it.

I actually want Champions to yield good rewards.
I just don`t like, how efficient ChampTrains / failing Events is…
So i would prefer different SpawnTimes and better rewards for Events over nerfing the Loot.

(edited by TamTiTam.9574)

in Suggestions

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

I think champ farming is okay.

In my opinion problem is more like that you have to resort to farming or gem shop to get anywhere in this game at it is. Ascended gearing especially after armors will be in game, is going to be very grindy.

You can’t just do like some dungeon or whatsoever once to get what you need. You need to do it like at least 20 times. And there is no other place to get the stuff either. I really don’t feel like doing something I don’t like 20 times. I could live with doing it like 2 times. Maybe 3 if very good stuff. Once in my life.

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

in Suggestions

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

He’s probably the kind of player that when he goes to WvW he mindlessly follows the zerg and thinks he’s doing something…you want to see the difference between a real skilled player that masters his class and you who are bashing on ppl that dont consider themselves “hardcore” like yourself….
If he wants those “epic large group fights with smarter opponents” …. Why not join a WvW guild. Opposite players in WvW will be smarter and give you more challenge & reward for killing them than any champion redesign ANET will ever come up with…so leave the kitten champions alone!

Leave the PvE stuff alone, stop asking for everything in game to be catered to yourself. These “once a day” rewards have pretty much killed PvE for me and you’re asking for even more nerfing… NO THX!

You want me to not be able to run a Dungeon path that I enjoy 4 times the same day because you cant (and you actually got that). But what about when I can’t login the next day, should dungeons not reward anything on Wednesdays because I cant play them that day? I mean, that would put me behind “a t s e” by so many tokens and so much gold for that one day he can play when I cant … Dungeons should be a weekly or maybe monthly or yearly reward, no? (for all kittens, I’m being sarcastic in the suggestion)

in Suggestions

Beldin.5498

Haha nice one, read my post again Gw2 is an MMORPG, why I have to solo to get the challenge I want? They are just punching bags with 3 billion hp. Sometimes I find dungeons a bit boring and I wanted to try some open world content but it looks like it’s full of people like you that want everything given to them for free. It’s ok , I will just keep my distance from open world stuff.

Defend it as much as you want, arenanet dont want people to stay at the same place . Nerf incoming, get ready for it.

So .. why don’t you clear Balthasar Temple then each day ? Its not that there is only FG and Queensdale in the game. There are also Champs everwhere in the world that you can do with your friends if you want.

So, what is the reason you want to nerf the everything in the game just because people do something in 2 specific zones you dislike ?

Come .. make Balthasar … show everything what a great player you are, and then open it on 2 more servers, and then people will even thank you for that.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jacks.5367

Jacks.5367

Wow… Wow.. Really?

First of all, you are spending way too much time on this if you earning 100g in champ farming. I only do this for 1-2h a day and I get bored of it quickly.

Also champ farming does not inflate the economy. The people who inflate the economy are those who are trying to be greedy and sell at high prices. If you follow the market rate and average it out, you can get your mats at lesser price then stated.

You should really learn to earn income from TP. It’s another method of earning gold but takes lots of careful decision and it punished little of the effort that you put unless you buy something that is ridiculously unpopular.

Anyway, I really see no reason of nerfing it the champ train. There are various method of earning gold. And champ train is legit. Even 4s per chest is not really nerf since you earn from selling blue & green to merchant and exo and lodestone to TP. If there are more supplies, the market price will drop. Simple as that.

in Suggestions

a t s e.9614

1. I never said the reward should be weekly but just be harder from champions

2. I’m not hardcore I just wanted to experience challenging content with more than 5 people

3. Im sorry but wvw is not challenging to me , i prefer SoloQ matches in PvP

in Suggestions

Beldin.5498

Btw.: All the the “nerf champ farming” has done to me is, that i have to farm MORE champs, since i only do them for Bloodstone now and then .. and now o get less Bloodstone, so i need to kill more of them.

For making money i much more prefer harvesting.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

How about skill wins instead of the zerg? Skilled players are being punished in every aspect. Just look at PvP it’s very hard to 2v1 because of the downed state.
My point is the economy shouldn’t have such a big inflation just because they are allowing this to happen. I will be forced to do this boring grind if I want to keep up with the precursor price.

OMG wow.

Don’t take this as an insult but…. you aren’t skilled. There are people with real skill who are fighting 1v5+ with videos on youtube.

The inflation is based on flippers sheer greed, lack of casual gold sinks and lack of new merchandise being traded from player to player than from player to flipper.

Flipping actually takes money out of the economy (the TP has taxes..) explain to me how removing money from the economy causes inflation lol.

Super simple, I put a buy order, the masses sell it to me directly filling my buy order, and I, as the flipper, sell it at a much much higher price actually making PROFIT. Who loses gold in the process? The average player (that usually farms). The point he was trying to make….

and by inflation, he meant the one you see on the TP. For instance, look at that black shield from last years Halloween (forget its name). Somebody flushed the market only making one available at the time and selling it at CRAZY prices, priced as expensive as a precursor…
EDIT: and that flipper knows nobody will contest his market bcz it is now in limited quantity (since the item is not ever returning)

Flipping on the TP lessens the TOTAL gold in the economy. Individually, players may make profit.

Player A has 1k gold, Player B has 1k gold, 2k gold total in the economy.

Player A farms 100g worth of item X and puts it up for 100g. Player B buys it for 100g.

Player A receives 85g ( 15% tax), Player B loses 100g and receives item x.

Player A has 1085 gold, Player B has 900g and item x. Total Gold in economy is 1985, thus reducing inflation. EVERY TRANSACTION WILL LOWER THE TOTAL GOLD.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

(edited by Aurust.8961)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

First it was the crying for dungeon farming nerf… now there’s crying for champ farming nerf?!

There are people on these forums that do not want anyone to get anything nice (ever, if possible), and can’t understand that not everyone wanst to be miserable.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Suggestions

Posted by: MrDmajor.7084

MrDmajor.7084

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/For-Science-Champ-Farming-7-3-gold-per-hour/first#post3143460

I believe this more than the OP. Way more credible. At least this person backed up their accusations with some kind of proof.

ArenaNet does NOT play Guild Wars 2. This can’t be.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

there’s nobody on the lower level maps and im on Tarnished coast , and they must make content way harder on level 70+ zones or otherwise people are reward for braindead clicking .

And there is nearly nobody on all Server at Southsun Cove, so why can’t you just stop to wanting them to create even more such Maps that noone wants to play ?

If you want it harder .. fine .. just solo naked Vets and Champs on Southsun, but just stop to force everyone into something they don’t want to play.

There’s no one on the lower level maps on Tarnished Coast? When in the world are you playing because I always see people here and there on TC

Harder content for 70+ level zones? Have you not been to Orr or Southsun aka Oh God, if you’re here alone you better RUN because one karka can ruin your day?

Entire thread – “I don’t find this fun and I just get gold handed to me so it’s not up to my uber standards of challenging so nerf it for everyone else because only my definition of fun and challenging matters”.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

(edited by Aerlen.5326)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Champions are fine, and so is the farming.
Add more of them everywhere and people will populate more areas again.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I think some players just don’t like the way other players are playing. They don’t enjoy it so they think no one should. They spend more time getting worked up about how others are playing then finding ways to enjoy the game themselves. I think this is a big reason you see players trolling the rotation. They are not killing a champ for fun they are doing it because it is a good way to disrupt a large group of players at one time.

I don’t like PvP. I say nerf glory!! Seriously though this game accommodates all types of play from solo to large groups. If you don’t like the way a group is playing stop worrying about how they play and go about your business. It isn’t like they are stealing mobs or resources from you. Initially I didn’t care for the champ zerg because I got tired of seeing “troll next” “on to champ” and so forth in /map. Then I joined in and found it is a fun way to spend a half hour or so and there is often good conversation in the zerg via /say.

tl/dr; Stop worrying about how other people play as long as they are playing within the rules.

The Burninator

in Suggestions

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

My point is the economy shouldn’t have such a big inflation just because they are allowing this to happen. I will be forced to do this boring grind if I want to keep up with the precursor price.

OMG wow.

Don’t take this as an insult but…. you aren’t skilled. There are people with real skill who are fighting 1v5+ with videos on youtube.

The inflation is based on flippers sheer greed, lack of casual gold sinks and lack of new merchandise being traded from player to player than from player to flipper.

Super simple, I put a buy order, the masses sell it to me directly filling my buy order, and I, as the flipper, sell it at a much much higher price actually making PROFIT. Who loses gold in the process? The average player (that usually farms). The point he was trying to make….

and by inflation, he meant the one you see on the TP. For instance, look at that black shield from last years Halloween (forget its name). Somebody flushed the market only making one available at the time and selling it at CRAZY prices, priced as expensive as a precursor…
EDIT: and that flipper knows nobody will contest his market bcz it is now in limited quantity (since the item is not ever returning)

Flipping on the TP lessens the TOTAL gold in the economy. Individually, players may make profit.

Player A has 1k gold, Player B has 1k gold, 2k gold total in the economy.

Player A farms 100g worth of item X and puts it up for 100g. Player B buys it for 100g.

Player A receives 85g ( 15% tax), Player B loses 100g and receives item x.

Player A has 1085 gold, Player B has 900g and item x. Total Gold in economy is 1985, thus reducing inflation. EVERY TRANSACTION WILL LOWER THE TOTAL GOLD.

So, lets see, definition of inflation: “A general increase in prices and fall in the purchasing value of money.”

So prices going up because the few rich ppl in game increase prices for their profit, even though there is less gold on the market, that gold loses in value because things just cost more.

Inflation is not about the quantity of gold on the market but what can 1g buy today and what will 1g be able to buy tomorrow. So before you rage and try to treat ppl like kittens, how about you read up properly…

Inflation in the game is caused every time ANET decides to hit with the NERF hammer the general population’s gold making methods just because “Player Y” does not enjoy doing that so the many players doing it should not profit from it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

looks over at Tequatl… >_>;;;

Bad loot,
bad risk,
bad boredom.

Nope, nope, subjective.

Tequatl loot is among the best in the game, if not the best. The risk is minimal if you dodge the waves, and further mitigated if you’re in the zerg at his feet.

Don’t know how you’re bored if you’re offered at least three different ways of approaching this fight, but again, that’s subjective and you’re free to think it’s boring.

in Suggestions

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

I know it has been nerfed, that why my post says MORE nerf. I’m forced to do this to keep up with the economy. Because people are getting gold for free. Even if I do dungeons , I don’t make more than 15g a day from it. While at champions is pretty easy to get 100g+. It does inflate the economy too much.

Its actually not gold for free – they still spend their time to earn it. Same would happen if they decided to earn their money by doing dungeons – that would still require the common denominator, time.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

Not nerfing the bags, but nerfing their location. champion should spawn randomly and there should be a limit of people killing them. Why so?

1. Too much reward for something that can’t fail. It’s just impossible to fail this, it’s like standing in LA and getting free gold. You can go there gearless at level 1 and nothing will happen to you because there like 50 other people killing the same thing.

2. It’s bad for new players, exemple: he starts at queensdale, gets to level 80 and even at max level he still don’t know how to use his class. Same thing for wvw by the way : if people zerg all day long , they have no idea how to win 1v1 fights, I’ve seen some pathetic things on youtube, people are winning 7v1 in wvw because alot of them simply never learn how to PvP, they just blob up and spam 111.

3. What’s the point of those dynamic events and other zones like Orr ? If people can just stand in the same place and kill the same mobs over and over again? What’s the points of living story then?

4. The economy, people complain about precursors being 800g. If somebody stops playing for a week he is too far behind because people r making hunder of golds per day with this.

1. You can apply the same thing to world bosses (lesser gain, same thing). Most you can stand there with no gear or do naked and get rares or exotics. Many you have to try to fail to actually fail them.

2.Performance in PvP has little to do with champ farming. So ppl level to 80 champ training….what exactly does crafting teach you about your class, since that by far the fastest way to level? Or running through facerolling mobs in open world PvE? Teaches you nothing about how to use your class in PvP/WvW. Or just running thru maps levels you pretty quick. Or doing personal story which awards alot of exp….I know I learned how to use my classes in PvP from personal story………………………………….>.>

3.Champ farming didn’t do this. Dynamic events and Orr were dead before champ boxes. Living story still has no purpose now as it didn’t have any before champ boxes. Its poor implementation predates champ boxes by far.

4. Too far behind in what exactly? Work on a legendary? Legendaries are no better than Ascended. They are not falling behind anything besides being what some consider ‘pretty’. Precursors have nothing to do with ‘falling behind’ as they don’t lead to any path any better stat-wise than another.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

If you can’t solo it, maybe YOU are bad at it ? (I never will understand that people really think they are “good” just for clicking mouse-keys and pressing keyboard-keys)

Wrong with difficult content is, that the constant cry for it from persons like you, gave us Southsun and new Tequatl. Both content that nearly nobody plays anymore.

So if ANet think that all they need are the player from TTS, than yes they should hear to people of your kind. If they think they better want more players, then they should stop listen to the “make it harder” crowd.

They should listen to all.
Tequatl is fine. Champ farming is fine. Dungeons are fine. Fractals are fine. Other world bosses are fine.

Each fills a niche for different player types.
Some people don’t like these things……and well they have other options.
The problem is people like the OP, who are jealous of the free-time some people have to run champs all day and are on an agenda to change all content to suit them and noone else – “I dont like champ farming, change it to suit me!”, “I dont like Tequatl, change it to suit me!”
I don’t champ farm excessively. I do it sometimes when watching TV or something else. 2 hours is my max. I just can’t stomach anymore and I have a job, family, other things to do. But I know many people do champ farm all day……and I don’t give a crap what they do. So what if they have hundreds and hundreds of gold. Isn’t affecting me any. They are not better geared because of it, since Legendaries arent the end-all be-all.
People just need to let other people be. Don’t like champ trains, don’t run the kitten things. There is other content out there and people who do it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Troll post is obvious troll post.

Can’t take it seriously.

Ban OP for trolling, I say.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

1. Too much reward for something that can’t fail…etc.

2. It’s bad for new players…etc.

3. What’s the point of those dynamic events and other zones like Orr? …etc.

4. The economy, people complain about precursors being 800g… etc.

So yea, I think the champions should scale with the number of people. Exemple if it’s more than 10, then it could become harder by adding those ‘elite mobs’ . This would make open world harder if there 15 people , they will have to fight 10 elite mobs and 1 champion. Or they could simply spawn randomly on the map to avoid the whole zerg train farming them.

I edited your post to make it shorter. I will endeavor to answer earnestly since you posted with an honest opinion.

1. Actually it can fail. I have seen people go without chests for champ kills. Also, the rewards are not “too much” for no effort. In general, champ kills give mats and a few greens or blues. Anyone who tells you that they’re making “hundreds” of gold a day is lying through their teeth. Either that or they’re doing something other than farming the champ train.

2. I agree to a point, but not because of the reasons you cite. New players are not informed as to what the Champ Trains are, and tend to get yelled at by the vets. Bad first impressions can never be undone. It still has nothing to do with the champ train, though. It’s an attitude thing that should be handled separately as Anet did with the forums. My advice is report anyone who acts like an idiot because their precious farm got interrupted.

3. They’re in existence because the vast majority of the players are not farming. They’re out there playing. This goes for all the zones. If, as you seem to think, everyone is farming, there would be overflows and queues in Q’dal and FGS 24/7.

4. People were complaining when they were 200g, and they’ll complain when they’re 1200g. The price isn’t going up because of farming. The price is going up because it’s what the market will bear. When people stop paying for an 800g item, there will be no more 800g items.

On the surface, your idea isn’t too bad. More difficult mobs would mean more loot, but then again, that would defeat the purpose of adding them, right?

If they were to make them spawn randomly, then the zerg will follow. Why would having them spawn randomly have any impact? The only difference would be that there would be more map chat consisting of people linking waypoints. All it would do in the end is slow the zerg down by 30-45 seconds.

Anet has already nerfed the currency and some of the drops such as dust. There really doesn’t need to be any more nerfs. It sounds, honestly that you had a bad experience with the zerg, and you’re looking for an outlet. I do hope you take a look at your reasoning and see that the only person any of this affects is you…and then only as long as you personally are bothered by other people having fun this way.

Level 80 Elementalist

in Suggestions

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

Only hardcore players who devotes most of their time made that kind of money. You can make w/e judgement of the way they spent their time for gaming, but since they do, it’s only natural that they get the reward for the effort. If you are not willing to do the same, you can’t call for nerf to drag everyone else down your even ground. I don’t spend that much time joining those train, but I never whine for making less money, naturally because I understand I don’t have as much time. I can’t sympathize with OP. Things are fine the way it is.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Wasn’t the OP the same guy who made a post during the Queen’s Jubilee about how he wanted the Deadeye farm to be nerfed because he’d made a few hundred gold (or a similarly high amount) doing it, and now he wanted ANet to nerf it because he felt he HAD to keep doing it because it was so profitable, and it was stopping him from playing the rest of the game?

If so, that just brings to mind the same thought I had back then: "So you’re saying, “I had my fun. Now I want it to be nerfed so that others can’t catch up to me.”"

Don’t get me wrong. I do think that Champ train farming isn’t a good direction for GW2 to go down, but the OP hasn’t offered any suggestions for how he’d address the core issues for WHY people do the Champ train farm in the first place.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Thing just is that if you play game right way chance getting something good is just stupid low. They should reward players who explore world, but problem is that everybody know where champs are. Finding and killing champ should be big deal. It should be extremely hard to find and kill and it should give good loot.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

How is that selfish? What prevents me from spamming 111 in a blob ? Nothing I could do this all day long if I wanted to but it’s just pathetic how free all the gold is . It’s almost like I’m exploiting it .

and, …..so…., the exploits used in dungeons are less of an exploit?