Where's the love for Spvp?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

I was really excited about upcoming updates for Spvp… Until I read the notes and figured out that it’s 1 map. Come on! This game is PvP oriented so why not to show some love to Spvp people?
I got a few suggestions that I hope will be read:
1. better rewards give us Spvpers skins! Skins that we could show off in PVE. Skins that have no stats but we could transmute to! Let dyes drop. Let Laurels be obtainable by completing the PvP daily as well. Give people incentive to play it!
2. more modes for example “capture the flag”. One flag in the middle, two teams try to get to it and bring it to their base. When the playing with the flag gets downed the flag is dropped. It resets when a team scores a goal with it. Free Death match! All can kill everyone, it has a time limit of let’s say 10 minutes, then the score screen comes up.
3. I know about tournaments, but I think that there should be a not ranked Spvp thing where there’s no random grouping. If you come in with a party, your members end up and stay on your team. I do understand that that can cause some problems in the regular Spvp (some groups strategising and working together better than others because people in the group know each other), but there’s no reason why there couldn’t be an Spvp mode that allows it.
4. Dueling! I really wish I could fight my friends 1 on 1 without more people joining just to test out who of us is more skillful.

I hope that this will be read. All I wish is for more love to Spvp.

(edited by Mirta.5029)

in Suggestions

Posted by: martyrius.8957

martyrius.8957

ok.

1. skins would be awesome for pve as i do also spvp. it would also make more people do it.
2. more game modes sound nice. but then the flag in the middle would be a race of swiftness and camping
3. free for all, boosters that cheat.
4. and i think they should make the tournament faze a whole lot easier to do. i.e. other servers vs eachother. not literally but not many people do it.

80 necro main. 80 mesmer. 80 guardian. 80 thief. 45 elementalist i’m just too lazy.

in Suggestions

Mirta.5029

2. more game modes sound nice. but then the flag in the middle would be a race of swiftness and camping.

2. I don’t mind what modes they add. As long as they’re more modes I would feel satisfied.

in Suggestions

Posted by: tocdo.9504

tocdo.9504

4. Dueling! I really wish I could fight my friends 1 on 1 without more people joining just to test out who of us is more skillful.

+infinite numbers for this one.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

1. You already have skins. There can’t be skins unique to sPvP because no one should be forced to do sPvP to get a visual appearance. To show off your PvP rank, you have the /rank command.
Dyes already drop from PvP glory chests. The wiki does not show the rewads, as reward chests link to a “PvP rewards” page that only has equipment rewards, instead listing all the possible drops like the other package items.

2. I totally agree with adding more modes. The main reason I do so little PvP is because having the same mode with slight variations gets old very quickly. Among the modes we could use here’s some I would like to see added, at least for custom arenas:

• “Capture the flag”. Each team most go to the enemy base, and use an object that puts an effect on the user with a very clear visual appearance. The player most go with that effect on to their own base to score. When teleporting, shadowstepping, cloaking, downed, etc; the effect would be lost, and they’ll drop an object in the ground that will give that effect again on pickup.
  • “Reverse capture the flag”. Somewhere in the area the effect object appears. A team must grab it, bring it to a drop point, and defend the user with it there for a short time to get score. If the user with it is downed or defeated at any moment, they’ll drop the effect into an object, and that resets the counter for the score. After a short time, the object in the ground can be picked by the other team too. Longer, and it’ll reset, going back to the item spawn point.
  • Tug of war. The map has 5 capture points. Each team starts with the closest 2 points captured, and the middle one is neutral. To capture a point, a team must capture the previous one first. This means that only up to 2 points can be contested at any given time.
    A team wins if they capture all 5 points, or if they hold more points for more time than the enemy team when the time runs out.
  • “Kinf of the hill”. A single capture point in the middle of a very small map. Score is based on how many people of your team is within the capture point.
  • “Pressure”. Two-round matches. In each round, one team attacks and the other defends. The attacking team must carry a beat of burden (bull, siamoth, dolyak, etc) to the enemy base. The beast of burden is immune to damage and untargetable, and acts like a capture point. While capture by the attacking team the beast walks towards the enemy base, and when capture by the defender it walks back. On each match, the attacking team must bring the beast to the enemy base before the time runs out.
  • “Double pressure” Like Pressure, but with a single round, and both teams have a beast of burden to protect, and both must attack and defend at the same time.
  • VIP Defense. Each team gets a random player tagged, and they must defend their own VIP while trying to defeat the enemy VIP.
  • Deathmatch. Free for all just for fun madness with no glory or any other rewards.

3. I believe that’s something we could use paid arenas for.

4. Either paid arenas again, or some sort of method to set duels would be nice. I believe they have considering it, but I don’t think it’s high in the list of priorities.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Mirta.5029

1. You already have skins. There can’t be skins unique to sPvP because no one should be forced to do sPvP to get a visual appearance. To show off your PvP rank, you have the /rank command.

Well WvW has its own unique armor that you can buy for glory, so having empty transmute skins as buyable rewards in PvP wouldn’t hurt would it? Really I just wish that there was more reason to go there. Some vanity items or something. Now it’s just for fun, which is not bad, however there’s only one mode for playing on and it gets boring after a while.
All of your mode ideas sound really interesting though. I so wish I could play them!