White forum background?!

White forum background?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

Hi there,

I`d like to suggest a colour change of the forums. This is something that WoW for example gets very right and its really not so hard to do.

Staring at a white screen all the time hurts my eyes.

cheers

White forum background?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: feliscatus.1430

feliscatus.1430

Oh god, pleeeease this. It’s like reading text off a 60watt bulb.

White forum background?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

NO.
Turn your screen brightness down if you’re having trouble with it. Black on White contrast is globally used and it is THE best for your eyes. Dark backgrounds make text a lot harder to read and make sites feel a lot less friendly. -_-

White forum background?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I read it on my iPad and yeah it’s bright. I read the other forums sometimes for amusement. It’s a big and unpleasant change coming back to this screen.

White forum background?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: lorazcyk.8927

lorazcyk.8927

NO.
Turn your screen brightness down if you’re having trouble with it. Black on White contrast is globally used and it is THE best for your eyes. Dark backgrounds make text a lot harder to read and make sites feel a lot less friendly. -_-

Nice try, but that’s the first thing I do when I buy a new computer, or when I have to use someone else’s computer — turn down the brightness to minimum. And don’t try telling me about gamma, I already use RGB 0.7 0.6 0.5 and sometimes much lower (0.5 0.45 0.4), and white pages are still like staring at the sun. When I look away, it’s burned in my retina.

Dark backgrounds are only to read when the designer is dumb and uses low contrast. You need to make the background as dark as possible and the font as light as possible. Some idiots use “very light dark gray” for background and then “slightly lighter dark gray” for font, which IS very difficult to read. A good designer will make it easy to read.

On my android tablet I read the forum with “Settings – Accessibility – Inverted colors” and it’s wonderful! Pure white on pure black. Easy to read, easy as could be.

White forum background?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: firebreathz.7692

firebreathz.7692

how about custom colour schemes for users to select if they wish to change… admittedly this would be ultra low priority but the quality of life improvement is there enough to want to do this..

White forum background?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

Hey, vampires, go out sometimes, you might get used to the sun and see black characters on white pages!

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

White forum background?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

lol, turn brightness down…
Having to do that just for a quick nosey at the forums, then changing it to play/view everything else ;p

Anyhoe, grab Firefox (may work chrome, never used it & enjoy.
Grab the addon Stylish & ta da

http://userstyles.org/styles/browse/guildwars2

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

White forum background?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

This is something that WoW…

Wow is Dark but I don’t agree is easier to read. GW2 is clean and bright and I love it. Maybe ask for an option to change the background.

White forum background?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: klarkc.3754

klarkc.3754

Yeah, The forum is too bright, and hurts my Eyes, I can not stay so much time because my eyes hurt in my head.

Devs just slight dark the background color and the problem is solved. Try rgb(214, 214, 214) is enogh.

White forum background?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: DarkSider.1079

DarkSider.1079

Agreed, keep the white background, its usability friendly.